• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Can't wait for the Hidden Truths DLC.
Need to know the Awakening characters' backstory!

yami4ct

I've spent all night on Conquest Chapter 10, and so far it's not at all being cooperative. Boy. That map's a bit of a bastard. I get to Turn 8 every time and just get overwhelmed either by the dummies with axes or fliers.

NawtKool

Neo Member
Conquest 26 makes it consecutive chapters in which late-game runs ended with a reset thanks to crits. Oh well... back to the drawing board.

PS: I hate you Hans.

So is there somewhere where I can listen to Nohr's rendition of Lost in Thoughts All Alone, namely the one in chapter 14 without Garons of increasing discomfort? Wanna listen to it
and put it on my iphone.

If you find it, let me know. Got there earlier today, and it blew my mind that they had a different song for it.

Conquest chapter 17. Last unit left killed Xander with a double flame shuriken because I only checked the dmg values for a Silver Shuriken.

SO thats 2 hours gone.

Not doing the paralogues screwing me over.

champloo

Conquest chapter 17. Last unit left killed Xander with a double flame shuriken because I only checked the dmg values for a Silver Shuriken.

SO thats 2 hours gone.

I almost cried when the same thing happened to me.. I then spent 4 hours getting back to the boss.

asagami_

Banned
Regarding to have a time with your partner,
it is implied that they have sex or maybe a really good moment, right? As well, when I achieved my first big heart the dialogues were not the same and at the end Mozu scream a big "Oh my gosh". I wonder what did My Unit to make her scream like that.

It was sexy, actually. Even if I have problem and no interest with the children, I am fine with this kind of implications xD

Megabat

Made it to Turn 9 with the revised strategy. Everyone then began charged me and I was screwed.

Dammit.

That stage is full of choke points. Utilize those until they start to overwhelm you, then assemble at the gate.

There's a point where your expansion peaks, then you have to start to pull back.

Moonlight

Banned
I feel like the quality of the stages in Conquest has just ramped up immensely since Chapter 21. Huge, increasingly cerebral maps that demand a ton out of your ability to read how a situation is gonna develop and the correct positioning to make it happen safely, all the while nailing down a crucial aspect of consistent, but honest pressure (well, not much in 23 once you stabilize against the initial horde). 22 was an amazing map, and 23 was shy of it but still a really fun concept, and 24 now is fantastic.

I'm kinda dreading where the needle is supposed to tip into the bullshit later, but for now it's a really nice balance.

yami4ct

That stage is full of choke points. Utilize those until they start to overwhelm you, then assemble at the gate.

There's a point where your expansion peaks, then you have to start to pull back.

Choke points don't work for asshole fliers and there's a limit to those my archers and Camilla can take out.

just beat birthright on normal phoenix; switched after chapter 15 because of no warning BS.

gotta say that you're doing it wrong if you just play for story, it's awful.

NawtKool

Neo Member
I feel like the quality of the stages in Conquest has just ramped up immensely since Chapter 21. Huge, increasingly cerebral maps that demand a ton out of your ability to read how a situation is gonna develop and the correct positioning to make it happen safely, all the while nailing down a crucial aspect of consistent, but honest pressure (well, not much in 23 once you stabilize against the initial horde). 22 was an amazing map, and 23 was shy of it but still a really fun concept, and 24 now is fantastic.

I'm kinda dreading where the needle is supposed to tip into the bullshit later, but for now it's a really nice balance.

Ohoho well then, don't let my post a couple up detract from your excitement. I love the design of the levels, I just got unlucky with enemy crits ;(.

Well actual chapter spoils, so don't read if you don't wanna know yet...
Ch 25 has one side filled with lungers, and the other side with 3 range + % health skill attackers. Hope you got a really good physical tank (or a general, more specifically). If not you can effectively skip the level by having the Avatar beat Ryoma early.

yami4ct

Finally got it! I went from kind of liking that map, to absolutely hating it to it maybe becoming one of my favorites in the series. It's got a really amazing phase structure. It forces you to expand your defensive boundary, and rewards you for doing so with the housing placement, only to push you back into a really interesting strategic last stand in the last couple phases. The bosses on the level pose a real credible threat you have to figure out as well. Just some awesome map design, even if it could be frustrating.

I ended up putting in an Archer Mozu and she was of great service. Using both bow turrets isn't required, but it let me put really great pressure on the enemy and it was useful to have a flier killer to pickup stragglers that broke the line.

SO thats 2 hours gone.

Dude! This exact same thing nearly happened to me last night. I knew he had a flame shuriken but I made a mistake and left Xander in his range anyway thinking he could easily take the damage. When I saw 20x2 come up I nearly dropped the 3DS in distress. After the first shuriken hit Xander landed a 41% hit to kill the boss and save himself. So I guess I can't say I know your pain but I can certainly imagine it. That was way too close for comfort.

I was so shook after that I had to stop playing. That was a long chapter, it took me a little over two hours.

Linkark07

Banned
Chapter 26 of Conquest.

So far this has been my favorite route, the challenge has been good. Looking forward to finish this and then start Revelations,

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm playing Hard/Cas and thinking of doing Birthright on Lunatic/Cas when I'm done.

Has anyone played Conquest > Birthright back to back and enjoyed it?

I'm playing Hard/Cas and thinking of doing Birthright on Lunatic/Cas when I'm done.

Has anyone played Conquest > Birthright back to back and enjoyed it?
I played conquest hard first and started immediately into birthright hard. Im enjoying birthright more. Im on chapter 19 and just unlocked all the paralogues, so Im working on those next

Ogodei

Man oh man was I raging at conquest 23 last night. Still didn't get it.

I mean, i "get" it, in that those reinforcements that swoop in will wreck your shit if you go the normal route, and the way to break it is to send people to the right, over the chasm and then climb the wall so that you can dodge the boss's ballista and take the other two ballistae from behind, then fall on those forts where all the enemies spawn from above.

But all of these enemies are so damned OP. Not even the named characters that i have to fight so much (tough but not mean), but every regular enemy with all of these special effect or range weapons. You just have very little margin for error and have to calculate everything because of all the aggro.

Neol

Shame how bad Gunter is in Revelation as I really like his pair up skill.

Guess your only supposed to use it early on though,

zelhawks37

Wow.... i am unsure how i did it, but i beat chapter 10 conquest on lunatic. For the last two turns, i retreated to the green tiles and blocked everyone from getting through. Holy crap was that intense.

Dimmle

So, uh, absolutely no one is talking about the online multiplayer in this game (probably because it's obfuscated behind the Extras menu), but it's actually pretty solid. Judging from my one match, it seems like the chance of encountering a team stacked with Replicate is pretty likely but otherwise the mode satisfies most of my desires for FE multiplayer (i.e. units fighting on actual maps, like in Shadow Dragon). There are no modifiers like fog of war and absolutely no hooks for winning, it seems, but it's a hell of a lot better than most of the series' previous offerings.

So, uh, absolutely no one is talking about the online multiplayer in this game (probably because it's obfuscated behind the Extras menu), but it's actually pretty solid. Judging from my one match, it seems like the chance of encountering a team stacked with Replicate is pretty likely but otherwise the mode satisfies most of my desires for FE multiplayer (i.e. units fighting on actual maps, like in Shadow Dragon). There are no modifiers like fog of war and absolutely no hooks for winning, it seems, but it's a hell of a lot better than most of the series' previous offerings.

I honestly had no idea that was in the game until you just mentioned it.

I should try that!

Fandangox

So I made a paralogue unwinnable by grinding supports on conquest with two low leveled units.

Ignatius has terrible stats for being level 20, and he can't survive before I reach him.

vareon

Mitama recruited! My team is approaching max levels so the enemies are strong. Way too many close calls with enemies missing 70% hits and so on. Also I relied on Ryoma too much, but I'm not giving ANY % to enemy criticals.

So I made a paralogue unwinnable by grinding supports on conquest with two low leveled units.

Ignatius has terrible stats for being level 20, and he can't survive before I reach him.

rescue staff.... then again you need to be fast to recover his spot using other unit, so probably not the best way/advice haha

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I really LOVE this game on Casual mode. Hard/Casual mode is perfect, folks. Give it a try. The game is still challenging and fun and NOT punishing. There's very little "lost time" due to unexpected RNG and you don't lose "game content" (support conversations) due to bad luck.

I have to say, I 180'd my opinion on this game after switching from Hard/Classic to Hard/Cas.

PK Gaming

Man I really LOVE this game on Casual mode. Hard/Casual mode is perfect, folks. Give it a try. The game is still challenging and fun and NOT punishing. There's very little "lost time" due to unexpected RNG and you don't lose "game content" (support conversations) due to bad luck.

I have to say, I 180'd my opinion on this game after switching from Hard/Classic to Hard/Cas.

Hard/Casual definitely has a ton of appeal. It's my go-to mode when I just want to have a good time.

Hard/Classic of course has its own appeal, and victory is so much sweeter when you win with 0 casualties.

tm24

So I don't really get promotions in this game. Basically I just promote or reclass when I'm done learning skills in that class right?
So for example I would promote/reclass at ten since there's nothing I want in that class anymore?

Javier

Try using units with high movement to advance as far as possible towards the village with the help of Azura's singing. Then that unit can use a Rescue Staff to bring another unit close and then the warped unit can get closer to the village. Pairing up with Ninjas also give you extra movement, so use that too. If Ignatius can survive at least one turn you should be able to reach him in time.

vareon

I plan to reset for every death even on casual, but battle save sounds convenient.

I had trouble with this one as well, but best bet was to get two flying units head over the trees to the right, with Benny and a resistance strong character to take the mage below Ig. Biggest issue for me was actually keeping Benny alive afterwards.

Also, if you don't already have him, Percy made all the difference here if you need another good flying unit like I did.

It's especially helpful when they throw 2 maps in a row at you without giving you a chance to save.
When I first got to Birthright Endgame I started the level without taking much time to position my units and quickly realized things weren't going well. I hadn't lost any units yet but I just knew I could start better so I instinctively pressed the buttons needed to restart the game. That was about the time I realized what I had done...

Anyway, I can't play on Casual personally. The game just loses too much of what I love about the series.

Dimmle

I honestly had no idea that was in the game until you just mentioned it.

I should try that!

It's fun enough! If they added a Win/Loss record, some leaderboards, prizes/incentives for winning, and some additional modifiers, it would live up to the vision of FE multiplayer I kind of expected in 2003 (minus the online).

Does a parent's level affect their child's stats? Doesn't the child just operate on the projected growths of those parents? i.e. If I match up Effie and an underleveled Benny, will it result in the same Ignatius as if Benny were up to speed?

I might play casual Hard/Lunatic after I finish the three campaigns normally (currently Hard/Classic Revelations). But part of what defines a Fire Emblem playthrough is who didn't make it to the end (or "retired" now) and why.

Draxal

When I first got to Birthright Endgame I started the level without taking much time to position my units and quickly realized things weren't going well. I hadn't lost any units yet but I just knew I could start better so I instinctively pressed the buttons needed to restart the game. That was about the time I realized what I had done...

Anyway, I can't play on Casual personally. The game just loses too much of what I love about the series.

I still reset, I just use for the battle saves. Just don't do them every turn, but I use it as more like a mid point.

Dimmle

I might play casual Hard/Lunatic after I finish the three campaigns normally (currently Hard/Classic Revelations). But part of what defines a Fire Emblem playthrough is who didn't make it to the end (or "retired" now) and why.

Same, I end up a lot more attached to the playthroughs where I lose a couple souls.

Fandangox

I had trouble with this one as well, but best bet was to get two flying units head over the trees to the right, with Benny and a resistance strong character to take the mage below Ig. Biggest issue for me was actually keeping Benny alive afterwards.

Also, if you don't already have him, Percy made all the difference here if you need another good flying unit like I did.

I have percy, but he is a level 1 unit I never touched. The only flying unit I have is Beruka, but she is a level 4 promote, so I can't send her alone or paired up to reach Ignatius because she won't survive getting hit by the 5 units nearby.

All I can do is send Niles paired up with someone else, and reach Ignatius on the third turn, but I can't avoid him getting killed, and the freeze staff prevents me from settign my unit on the village, next turn the mages take it.

I am pretty sure I made it unwinnable, I got this paralogue when I was already in endgame, and I grinded Charlotte and Benny supports, when those two units never got used. So Ignatius ended up being terrible as a result, on top of all the enemies scaling up to my higher level.

Balphon

Having multiple fliers has helped me immensely in the Conquest paralogues and later chapters. If I had to start over I'd either actually level Beruka or try to get Percy/Shigure/Camilla's child as early as possible.

Top Bottom