• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Neol

Dorkly gets it.

3BtxTNx.jpg

http://www.dorkly.com/post/77485/video-games-from-an-onlookers-point-of-view?ref=comics

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Married Kagero in Rev even though I miss out on a kid.

See ya, Selkie. You don't exist in this universe.

NeonZ

Yeah I think I'm all done with the private quarters stuff. I don't understand what all he hearts are for in there, they don't really explain it but yeah that's just some real weird dating sim stuff that really really feels out of place in this war setting.

Getting 2 big hearts gives a special love bracelet accessory, and also adds it to the shop selection allowing to buy it for other characters. 3 hearts gave a swimsuit in the Japanese version, but gives nothing here since they removed the swimsuits.

Getting 2 big hearts gives a special love bracelet accessory, and also adds it to the shop selection allowing to buy it for other characters. 3 hearts gave a swimsuit in the Japanese version, but gives nothing here since they removed the swimsuits.

In other words, the time to stop bonding was a very long time ago.

Sorry, love of my life, I have things to do.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Camilla is such an ass to Hinoka on Conquest.
Camilla is the only sibling to genuinely be a bad person, I think. She loves Corrin, but other than that, she's unhinged, violent, and uncaring. I just don't like her character at all.

Xenoflare

What should I do with Camilla at advanced l20? It's silly that only certain jobs can get past level 20.

Because she's a prepromote, if you are willing to spend 12000G you can buy an Eternal Seal to raise her level cap by 5

The only outlier is Jakob and Felicia, they are in a prepromoted class but their internal level is 1

The most serious complaint I have about this game is one I had about Awakening as well, and it's completely a QoL thing. It would be super super nice if the game showed you which units had potential supports with other units when you're working on the field, by just showing an empty or grayed out circle, like it shows you when they have a C/B/A/S support. I frequently find starting a battle in this game onerous, and that's mostly just down to figuring out who to put on the field, and who to pair them with, so that I can get the most out of support building through battle. This one simple change would've made it 100% easier for me to pick it up each time I want to play.

How are Rinka and Kagero in the longterm game? I pretty much put down all the early units and never picked them back up. But this is especially true for the ninjas. I even started a new file so
Kaze wouldn't die
and then promptly benched him.

I'm really struggling to do anything with Subaki at this point as well. All of his stats are just really low. Oboro, Hinoka, and Silas are all MVPs. Characters like Hinata and Hana, Kaze and Rinka, and Saizo and Orochi don't even have weapons equipped right now.

Azuran

Banned
How are Rinka and Kagero in the longterm game? I pretty much put down all the early units and never picked them back up. But this is especially true for the ninjas. I even started a new file so
Kaze wouldn't die

I'm really struggling to do anything with Subaki at this point as well. Oboro, Hinoka, and Silas are all MVPs. Characters like Hinata and Hana, Kaze and Rinka, and Saizo and Orochi don't even have weapons equipped right now.

Rinka is crap and Kagero is awesome with her nice STR and SPD growths. She's pretty frail thought.

Draxal

Kagero's the best mother char/buddy partner up Hoshido side for phsyical characters . Just like Charlotte is her equivalent Nohr side.

ciD_Vain

Kaze wouldn't die

I'm really struggling to do anything with Subaki at this point as well. All of his stats are just really low. Oboro, Hinoka, and Silas are all MVPs. Characters like Hinata and Hana, Kaze and Rinka, and Saizo and Orochi don't even have weapons equipped right now.
Hana, Kaze, and Saizo were all amazing in my playthrough.

Astral Dog

The most serious complaint I have about this game is one I had about Awakening as well, and it's completely a QoL thing. It would be super super nice if the game showed you which units had potential supports with other units when you're working on the field, by just showing an empty or grayed out circle, like it shows you when they have a C/B/A/S support. I frequently find starting a battle in this game onerous, and that's mostly just down to figuring out who to put on the field, and who to pair them with, so that I can get the most out of support building through battle. This one simple change would've made it 100% easier for me to pick it up each time I want to play.

well you can only guide yourself by the little hearts that appear after each turn, but a clearer way of knowing would be welcome too.

Draxal

What's the best use of her? I used her to make an awesome Selkie, but never even promoted her from her starting class. I don't like the ninja class very much, even though Sting Shurikens are undoubtedly awesome.

Best use is to promote her if you haven't and have her glued to Kaden in your game.

Kaze wouldn't die

I'm really struggling to do anything with Subaki at this point as well. Oboro, Hinoka, and Silas are all MVPs. Characters like Hinata and Hana, Kaze and Rinka, and Saizo and Orochi don't even have weapons equipped right now.

The Ninja's in Hoshido are great, I'm not sure why you're not using them. That said, Kagero's the worst of the three. Saizo and Kaze are much better alternatives.

If Hinoka's doing you good then there's no real reason to use Subaki if you only need one Sky knight.

Rinkah is an odd unit. Some will tell you she's awful, I personally think she's an underrated unit, being a great support unit, the only true axe user you get until the half way point, and good speed and defense. That said, if she's not to your liking so far, you might want to consider alternatives.

well you can only guide yourself by the little hearts that appear after each turn, but a clearer way of knowing would be welcome too.

The hearts are fine, but I just mean some indicator before you make the move, rather than after. You can see extant supports easily, and while that's a bit more valuable because it actually shows you with characters will be more valuable to stand beside right now... it'd still be nice, yeah. The fact that you can't even see the support indicators during the planning 'view map' stage at all is even worse. Wanna pair up support capable units before a low level challenge? Nope. Fuck youuu. Go through each characters support list and find them a likely candidate.

Somnid

Kaze wouldn't die

Didn't use Rinka but Kagero isn't great. Ninjas in general just don't seem to be that good. Nearly all Hoshido units are fast with high dodge and most can deal much bigger damage. I imagine Rinka would have been more useful in my run as Hoshido had extremely few defensive units and extremely few axe users. You should still have at least one ninja for doors though.

I'm talking about the pairup bot part, don't care about the kids

Ah, were you the one who said "Nobody cares. I'm not kidding" when I was asking about optimal pairings for child units earlier this week? I believed you! I thought that maybe it wasn't a big part of Fates and stopped putting my energy into it. Then I found the 111 page thread on Serene's Forest discussing and debating optimized child units. So, I'm glad I didn't take your word for it.

Child units are, while not broken like Awakening, inarguably superior to their parents in almost every instance. This is especially true if you don't use the MyCastle stuff to buy skills.

But I get if you just aren't into that part of the game. Don't think I'm knocking you or anything. Obviously managing S supports is just as important to making the most of your units.

Ah, were you the one who said "Nobody cares. I'm not kidding" when I was asking about optimal pairings for child units earlier this week? I believed you! I thought that maybe it wasn't a big part of Fates and stopped putting my energy into it. Then I found the 111 page thread on Serene's Forest discussing and debating optimized child units. So, I'm glad I didn't take your word for it.

Child units are, while not broken like Awakening, inarguably superior to their parents in almost every instance. This is especially true if you don't use the MyCastle stuff to buy skills.

But I get if you just aren't into that part of the game. Don't think I'm knocking you or anything.

You mean this thread, aka support conversation gathering/translating central?

you do realize if you look through the thread, there's relatively little about actually optimizing the kids right

Azuran

Banned
Didn't use Rinka but Kagero isn't great. Ninjas in general just don't seem to be that good. Nearly all Hoshido units are fast with high dodge and most can deal much bigger damage. I imagine Rinka would have been more useful in my run as Hoshido had extremely few defensive units and extremely few axe users. You should still have at least one ninja for doors though.

Ninjas are great because they're some of the best and most reliable ranged attacking units after the huge nerf magic and range weapons like javelins and hand axes got.

Xenoflare

Didn't they buff bows to infinity and beyond? Or do people just say that because Takumi is OP?

No, I think he's saying that throwing weapons (hand axe/javalins/spears etc) all have increased susceptibility to doubling.

However I have to say Bows in this game is truly amazing. They share the same Mt with Axes

Also obligatory Takumi is op post, 14Mt prf weapon, high skill and ignores terrains

Xenoflare

Revelation Chapter 7:
i-is that fog of war?! In a modern Fire Emblem?!

All it does is promoting low manning and will make the game turn into Corrin emblem for the next few chapters because unless you grind in the free battles all your other units is going to deal 0 damage.

Azuran

Banned
Didn't they buff bows to infinity and beyond? Or do people just say that because Takumi is OP?

Archers are cool now but bows are not 1-2 range weapons like shurikens so you can't place them on the front lines and watch them destroy stuff during the enemy phase.

Kaze and Kagero are also great mage killers and that's always nice to have.

Guys I can't rescue Shiro, he went from living not very long to (now) getting killed in the first turn by attacking something. He's so baaaad in this map.

Top Bottom