• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

rhandino

Banned
Dragon Form is a glorious when scouting and throw Corrin/Kamui in a nest of maids and ninjas because they all seem to do 0 damage to him and get those enemies close enought to kill them with my other units.

But I agree, Corrin being able to turn into a Dragon must have been a more important part of the plot, just like Azura being and your group and the Nohrians reacting to her presence (granted, they are not told who she is and the one who is aware of their connection is VERY happy to know she has another sister)

She's so distant from everyone to the point that she's uninteresting, yet she also knows a vast amount of knowledge about what's going on and doesn't share it. She's supposed to be mysterious and tragic but it really comes off as selfish and aloof.
I love that her support with Kaden is basically him saying that she has nailed the "calm and collected" look and tries to imitate her =P

CazTGG

The plot in conquest makes the blood pact in Radiant Dawn seem genius in retrospect.

Eh, it's still remarkably contrived and dumb but at least they spent time explaining how that plot device works, delved into its history and its defined its role in the world of Tellius, even if it did involve an unnecessary retcon, as opposed to
here's a crystal that can show you that the bad guy really is the bad guy

zroid

Banned
She's so distant from everyone to the point that she's uninteresting, yet she also knows a vast amount of knowledge about what's going on and doesn't share it. She's supposed to be mysterious and tragic but it really comes off as selfish and aloof.

She doesn't seem connected to anyone else at all, even in support conversations.

I like how Silas calls her out on her shit :lol

She doesn't seem connected to anyone else at all, even in support conversations.
do her support with Kaden

Lynx_7

For all the shit Conquest's story gets I do think it has some very effective moments that shows "what could have been" had its story been explored to its full potential.I thought
all 3 deaths in
chapter 25 were quite touching and memorable.
Also, I don't understand how anyone can think Xander isn't a freaking boss. There's no way I would've cleared that east side of the map without him, dude is so on point he leveled up his Def midway through that wall of pain just to be able to tank the remaining hits. Velouria was also invaluable there but to a lesser degree.If hell exists, I'm pretty sure it looks exactly like that, just a hurricane of Master Ninjas leeching 20 hp of passive damage at every single breath you take.

And now chapter 26 presents me with magic tricks bonanza and chapter 21 redux at two different portions of the map + Monster Hunter meets Armorslayer at the very last section. I can't. I'm starting to get exhausted of these maps that seem to demand tanky units galore and perfect planning. Starting to wonder if my units just got screwed growths or if it's suposed to be like this. Guess it's time to be more liberal with my use of enfeebles, freeze and start experimenting with Entrap and that one Silence staff I got.

Brakke

Banned
Yoooo Conquest is already so much harder than Birthright lol. This Ice Tribe mission... How the heck do you get to the houses in time? I'm not even sure if it's worthwhile to get the 3/5 but I do very much want to prevent all the spawns...

Moonlight

Banned
Yoooo Conquest is already so much harder than Birthright lol. This Ice Tribe mission... How the heck do you get to the houses in time? I'm not even sure if it's worthwhile to get the 3/5 but I do very much want to prevent all the spawns...
You get 10,000 gold out of it, so it's very worth it. Make use of your Freeze staff to stall the bottom right dude and you should have more than enough time to capture the other two houses along that side.

You get 10,000 gold out of it, so it's very worth it. Make use of your Freeze staff to stall the bottom right dude and you should have more than enough time to capture the other two houses along that side.

For that I just rushed my guys along the bottom.If you stay to the 2 rows at the bottom, most of the map ignores you and you only need to deal with a few units. When you finally do pull units, it will only be 1 or two. That works for the 2 near the boss (just need to kill the lancer messenger on that side). As for the one closest to you, I'm pretty sure you should be able to reach it turn 1 without pulling aggro.

Moonlight

Banned
For that I just rushed my guys along the bottom.If you stay to the 2 rows at the bottom, most of the map ignores you and you only need to deal with a few units. When you finally do pull units, it will only be 1 or two. That works for the 2 near the boss (just need to kill the lancer messenger on that side). As for the one closest to you, I'm pretty sure you should be able to reach it turn 1 without pulling aggro.
Sorry, I meant bottom left, lol. Yeah, you can nab the one closest to you for basically free.

ChrisD

I somehow visited all four houses. It feels like the top-right (the one that is visited on the first enemy turn) isn't even possible to visit, correct? I mean, I guess you could use Freeze like.... multiple times and set SOMETHING up, but it certainly seemed like it was meant to be visited by the enemy as a sort of tutorial on the map.

In hindsight, leaving one of them open to allow for some EXP wouldn't have been a bad idea.

I just hope the famous/dreaded/loved/infamous/alloftheabove Chapter 10 is as nice to me.

Balphon

Rush to the left along the bottom. Flora won't move and the roamers won't attack if they still have houses to go to.

Azuran

Banned
This was very much unintended but Azura just provokes this 'wow you're a terrible person' sentiment from me.

Azura has to rank up there as one of the most terrible people in gaming history. I tolerated her in Birthright because she didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but on Conquest she's absolutely the worst by keeping important knowledge to herself and coming up with the dumbest plan in existence. Like I can't believe anyone would even listen to her. She also made Elise cry in her support, so screw her.

Camilla is a terrible character too. She's the only Nohr sibling I can't stand because she's such a bad human being. I don't like her at all in Conquest and we're supposed to be on the same side. She was better off being all Yandere in the other game.

Javier

You mean it's different in Revelations than Birthright / Conquest?

What??
No, Fates has the same calculations on all three routes. People are speculating that Fates actually uses different formulas for calculating Hit than the previous games.

zroid

Banned
No, but Fates is different from Awakening. You miss more often in Fates even if you have the same chance in both games.

No, Fates has the same calculations on all three routes. People are speculating that Fates actually uses different formulas for calculating Hit than the previous games.

Oh okay. I haven't encountered anything strange in Birthright yet, that's why I asked.

PK Gaming

Yeah it's so crazy! There's like three cutscene fights where Corrin is getting worked. And I keep thinking "oh shit that dude doesn't know Corrin is a dragon, Corrin is going to transform and ruin him!" ... but then like Yato transforms or Corrin decides to believe in himself or whatever. Dude! You have a trump card! Don't let yourself get worked like that...

Let's be real, Corrin would have gotten
worked by Xander
with or without the Dragon form.

Flunkie

Banned
Fates releasing prompted me to pick up Awakening again (had only played 3 hours before) and I'm loving it. I feel the hit rate is a little TOO good sometimes, but I still feel like it's been fair. I'm only playing on normal, so the game's been pretty easy so far - how I want it. That said, I put down XCOM for the bullshit hit rates so this is hella discouraging hearing that it's wonky here too.

megalowho

So, blowing on anime faces. That's in this game. They really want you to blow hard too. Anything happen when you get 3 full hearts that shouldn't be missed? I don't wanna do this anymore.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So, blowing on anime faces. That's in this game. They really want you to blow hard too. Anything happen when you get 3 full hearts that shouldn't be missed? I don't wanna do this anymore.
No. Skip it if you want. Bond with other non-waifus for some minor support boosts, though.

I wish supports were a resource that you got like 3 of after every chapter / skirmish. I want to do all of the Paralogues in Revelations but that would require grinding forever.

Renewed

You get the Love Bracelet (-2 damage taken in Castle battles) after 2 hearts. Don't remember if there's anything for 3 hearts (I remember a Toga but it's probably gone in the localized version).

Blowing softly into the mic is enough. No reason to exert yourself when you can bring it closer to yourself.

Everyone's so far ahead.

I'm still on Birthright and still have to get through all of Conquest before trying Revelation.

That said I need to know if there are any Birthright
Kaze
situations where I need to
A rank someone before a certain stage otherwise they die
in Conquest and Revelations.

NeonZ

No, there's nothing else like that.

You get a bracelet accessory for 2 full hearts. In the Japanese version you got a swimsuit for the 3 hearts, but swimsuits were removed from the localization so you don't get anything.

Azura has to rank up there as one of the most terrible people in gaming history. I tolerated her in Birthright because she didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but on Conquest she's absolutely the worst by keeping important knowledge to herself and coming up with the dumbest plan in existence. Like I can't believe anyone would even listen to her. She also made Elise cry in her support, so screw her.

Camilla is a terrible character too. She's the only Nohr sibling I can't stand because she's such a bad human being. I don't like her at all in Conquest and we're supposed to be on the same side. She was better off being all Yandere in the other game.
Azura's isn't that bad in the other two routes. It's just the Conquest path in general that is written so terribly that you could drive a truck through it's plot holes.

It doesn't help that all characters in the Conquest route come across as morons since the plot demands that every character needs to be stupid in order for the story to work. Once you get to chapter 15, you just know the writers just gave up and winged it so that they could save something for Revelations.

TWILT

Banned
Doing the DLC now that I'm done with the main three games. Royal Royale map is actually pretty fun. Having to use every resource available to me and not let any turn go to waste or else I'm going to get overwhelmed has been challenging, but fun. So far, I've finished it with Ryoma (based Saizo shuriken that increases attack) and Elise (Effie tanked almost everything bar the magic attacks lol). I did Sakura's first, but that seems to be the hardest >>;

Brakke

Banned

Rush to the left along the bottom. Flora won't move and the roamers won't attack if they still have houses to go to.

Thanks, friends. Managed to pull it off (no deaths, even). I guess I'm still in Birthright Endgame mode, where all my people are tough enough to wipe every map every time. Gotta pay closer attention to objectives in Conquest, I suppose.

Picked up the villager kid, too. Dunno if I'm even going to try and use her in Conquest. 1 -> 8 is a biiiiiig gap without scout maps...

No, there's nothing else like that.

You get an bracelet accessory for 2 full hearts. In the Japanese version you got a swimsuit for the 3 hearts, but swimsuits were removed from the localization so you don't get anything.

There is kinda something like that in Rev if you count the Castle Statues, but its really not worth it.

I want to know about the Castle Statue thing. I thought they just boosted a stat cap by 1 but in Revelations they have another purpose?

Azuran

Banned
Conquest Chapter 25:

Fuck everything. I have never been so pissed at a fictional death before. Corrin and Azura are idiots and I really don't care what happens to them. At this point I'm hoping Garon eats them both. It's the only ending this travesty of a story deserves.

ChrisD

So should I even bother with Nyx in Conquest?
Because unless her first few Support Convos are great I don't think I can take these voice lines. I love magic characters gameplay wise but

"CHILD"
"KID"
"I'M OLDER THAN YOU THINK"

So should I even bother with Nyx in Conquest?
Because unless her first few Support Convos are great I don't think I can take these voice lines. I love magic characters gameplay wise but

"CHILD"
"KID"
"I'M OLDER THAN YOU THINK"

I paired her with Leo and let Leo do all of the fighting. I don't recommend using her for combat.

Conquest Chapter 25:

Fuck everything. I have never been so pissed at a fictional death before. Corrin and Azura are idiots and I really don't care what happens to them. At this point I'm hoping Garon eats them both. It's the only ending this travesty of a story deserves.

Well at least your almost at the end of that train wreck.

Conquest Chapter 25:

This sums up how I felt then too!

Azuran

Banned
Well at least your almost at the end of that train wreck.

I would skip the rest of the dialogue and cutscenes but I really need to see how this trainwrecks ends.

The gameplay on the other hand is pretty great which makes the horrible story hurt even more. Chapter 25 was one of my favorites so far. Thinking how to get rid of all the 3-ranged ninjas and puppets without screwing up felt great. The turn limit also meant I had to play aggressively for once in Conquest. Good stuff all around!

Moonlight

Banned
I would skip the rest of the dialogue and cutscenes but I really need to see how this trainwrecks ends.

The gameplay on the other hand is pretty great which makes the horrible story hurt even more. Chapter 25 was one of my favorites so far. Thinking how to get rid of all the 3-ranged ninjas and puppets without screwing up felt great. The turn limit also meant I had to play aggressively for once in Conquest. Good stuff all around!
At least Conquest 24 had a relative peak as far as characters acting like total idiots goes.

Forewarning. Be careful in the Endgame. Very careful.

GSR

lmao at Birthright Lunatic 15

Just a ridiculous amount of reinforcements waiting to be eaten up by Kaden and Silas/Mozu (swapping out the Beast Killer I had.)

Birthright Lunatic has been weird so far because I feel like it's the right level of difficulty, but also I wish it wasn't that level of difficulty by dint of just throwing massive waves of enemies at you. Do enemies at least start picking up skills eventually like they do in Conquest?

also lmao 2 at
the really pointless "this is where Kaze would arbitrarily die if he wasn't at A rank with you" scene

Top Bottom