• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

GSR

Conquest 16

At least the fact that Shura helped kidnap Azura is acknowledged here as opposed to just being a "Oh BTW" moment. Still doesn't excuse him having only Corrine as a support.

Also what am I suppose to do for Nina's paralogue? Is it okay to defeat her? Do I have to rush through? Do I have to block her escape? I don't know what to do?

You have to defeat her (don't worry that it plays the death music when you do.) Then it's just a question of how much treasure/EXP you can get ahold of, because eventually all the enemies will leave the map.

You have to defeat her (don't worry that it plays the death music when you do.) Then it's just a question of how much treasure/EXP you can get ahold of, because eventually all the enemies will leave the map.

Okay so I won't be lose her if I defeat her? Then this chapter should be easy do deal with then. When I got the death music I thought I fucked up.

Neol

Ophelia as a Dark Knight or a Sorcerer?

I say Sorcerer cause innate crit plus her personal skill and missletainn give crit as well.

Lifetaker skill for dark knight is pretty rad though so I would say reclass and pick it up when 15.

Balphon

Conquest 16

At least the fact that Shura helped kidnap Azura is acknowledged here as opposed to just being a "Oh BTW" moment. Still doesn't excuse him having only Corrine as a support.

Also what am I suppose to do for Nina's paralogue? Is it okay to defeat her? Do I have to rush through? Do I have to block her escape? I don't know what to do?

I blocked her off and then spent a little while wondering why the chapter didn't end when I killed everyone else.

Conquest chap 17

So is this just a tank with your highest defense units map and slow inch forward or is there a way to do it with all the dragon veins? Also what are in the two chests?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Conquest chap 17

So is this just a tank with your highest defense units map and slow inch forward or is there a way to do it with all the dragon veins? Also what are in the two chests?

That's the one in the cave right? You don't need to use many of the dragon veins, I used 2 or 3 of them. Some of the enemies will be aggressive from the start, you want to kill those and then start making your way through the map. I had to take that one pretty slow.

I used the first Dragon Vein to block off two of the Ninjas to the north, and let Niles deal with the last one. Saizo took care of the trap and I moved my units to the fork. Tanked the enemies coming from the east and north while trying to protect Saizo, took out the ninjas in the middle over the walls, then start working my way around. Beware of reinforcements from the sides and top openings as you near them.

You can use the dragon veins to lock Saizo in the upper room with the chest, I'd recommend trying to do this so he doesn't get himself killed. You get a speedwing if he survives.

The chests have 5000 gold (north) and a master seal (south) IIRC.

I'm getting pretty close to beating Conquest and I'm trying to decide if I should play through Birthright or just do Revelations. Pretty sure I've only got enough in me for one more of them, doubt I'll want to finish all three. What do you recommend, GAF?

yami4ct

Glad I hit the time when Paralogues can get the Offspring Seal when I did. I was feeling a tad bit behind on levels. Camilla, Dark Falcon Nyx and Xander got fed slightly more than I'd like and it took longer to settle on a team than would have been ideal. I stuck with guys like Laslow for too long and I didn't know how useful guys like Keaton were going to be. Paralogues really helped even that out. I was able to get Silas, Kaze, and Charlotte all to level 20 and promoted in 2 Paralogues.

Now I'll need to figure out if I'm going to use kids, which ones if so and if I want to stick with Niles long term. He's level 16, so catching him up wouldn't be too tricky at all. Not sure if I'm going to make the investment, still.

Moonlight

Banned
Glad I hit the time when Paralogues can get the Offspring Seal when I did. I was feeling a tad bit behind on levels. Camilla, Dark Falcon Nyx and Xander got fed slightly more than I'd like and it took longer to settle on a team than would have been ideal. I stuck with guys like Laslow for too long and I didn't know how useful guys like Keaton were going to be. Paralogues really helped even that out. I was able to get Silas, Kaze, and Charlotte all to level 20 and promoted in 2 Paralogues.

Now I'll need to figure out if I'm going to use kids, which ones if so and if I want to stick with Niles long term. He's level 16, so catching him up wouldn't be too tricky at all. Not sure if I'm going to make the investment, still.
There's not many kids you could go wrong with, tbh. I think I'd say the must-haves are Ophelia and Velouria, though. Ophelia fills a vital niche in an army that really struggles to find a really good dedicated magic user, and Velouria is Keaton except better in almost every single way (though Keaton is still pretty good). If you're thinking of subbing Niles, Nina will do the job at least as well, if not better.

I hear Percy's good, too, but honestly I don't think you're really hurting for good Wyvern Riders in Conquest.

yami4ct

There's not many kids you could go wrong with, tbh. I think I'd say the must-haves are Ophelia and Velouria, though. Ophelia fills a vital niche in an army that really struggles to find a really good dedicated magic user, and Velouria is Keaton except better in almost every single way (though Keaton is still pretty good). If you're thinking of subbing Niles, Nina will do the job at least as well, if not better.

I hear Percy's good, too, but honestly I don't think you're really hurting for good Wyvern Riders in Conquest.

I paired Camilla and Keaton together specially to get a dumb powerful Velouria, so she's in. I paired Silas and Mozu just like I did last game and the Sophie that resulted was an absolute beast of a Paladin, so I'm considering picking her up again. A spear focused Paladin might be a good compliment to my Xander basically being all sword. I paired Odin and Felicia, so I suspect the Ophelia that results is going to be good as well.

The question then becomes, who do I end up dropping? I guess I'll figure out as I go.

ChrisD

Beat Chapter 10 Conquest on my second try. I just didn't feel like playing again after the first attempt, as I hadn't had the time to sit and play one map for possibly hours straight. Not to say that it's a bad design, it felt great to play and beat -- It just didn't sound appealing to need such a large timeframe on it (since I play so slowly) heh.

Missed out on the bottom two houses, but I got the top two. 10k Gold and a Master Seal. My plan to hit all the houses fell apart once the Dragon Vein hit. There were just way too many enemies around. Shoot, I finished the Chapter with three of my units left at <5 health. There was no way with how my set-up ended up that I could do anything in the last few turns to nab the other two houses.

I seem to remember reading that there's an Armorslayer that's near mandatory for Chapter 11, so I kind of feel like I screwed up, but... I'm not about to replay it since it took me two and a half hours.

Moonlight

Banned
Beat Chapter 10 Conquest on my second try. I just didn't feel like playing again after the first attempt, as I hadn't had the time to sit and play one map for possibly hours straight. Not to say that it's a bad design, it felt great to play and beat -- It just didn't sound appealing to need such a large timeframe on it (since I play so slowly) heh.

Missed out on the bottom two houses, but I got the top two. 10k Gold and a Master Seal. My plan to hit all the houses fell apart once the Dragon Vein hit. There were just way too many enemies around. Shoot, I finished the Chapter with three of my units left at <5 health. There was no way with how my set-up ended up that I could do anything in the last few turns to nab the other two houses.

I seem to remember reading that there's an Armorslayer that's near mandatory for Chapter 11, so I kind of feel like I screwed up, but... I'm not about to replay it since it took me two and a half hours.
Nothing about Chapter 11 needs an Armorslayer and I don't believe any of the visiting rewards for 10 is an Armorslayer. Chapter 12 has one that's useful but not essential to completing Chapter 13.

I'm getting pretty close to beating Conquest and I'm trying to decide if I should play through Birthright or just do Revelations. Pretty sure I've only got enough in me for one more of them, doubt I'll want to finish all three. What do you recommend, GAF?

Having played only Birthright and Conquest I feel like you should go with Revelations. Birthright doesn't add anything in terms of gameplay (it won't be challenging and the maps are so straight forward) and the story is incredibly predictable and basic.

Lynx_7

I didn't find the bolded part to be true at all on my playthrough. Both Keaton and Velouria ended up at around lv 20 and he still had better offense, deffense and HP and all she had to show was better Res which was still too low to properly tank mages and maybe a bit better speed and skill. Overall Keaton just remained the better unit while Velouria was "Keaton-lite" for when I needed a lesser tank whenever Keaton and Xander weren't available. Her mother was Peri.
As for the kids, I just stuck to Ophelia and Velouria. Out of these two, I'd say Velouria is Great tier and Ophelia is Good/Pretty Good. I tried Forrest on the very last chapter but he didn't do much besides support botting, though he did look decent. Percy from stats alone also looked good but I was already too attached to my team to include him so he fell behind.

From most to least useful units on my playthrough I'd probably rank everyone more or less like this: Xander > Keaton > Velouria > Leo > Mozu = Effie = Corrin > Kaze > Camilla > Ophelia = Peri > Elise > Niles > Selena > Azura

Camilla started out godly but she fell hard in the 20s to the point where she became a rally\pair up bot pretty much since she could never finish off or tank as well as the others so if I ranked her solely on lategame usage she'd be lower than Elise. I hear people complaining about Leo but honestly he put in some work when I needed him to. Selena was kinda situational but I like her as a character and she has good support bonus so I made it work.

ChrisD

Nothing about Chapter 11 needs an Armorslayer and I don't believe any of the visiting rewards for 10 is an Armorslayer. Chapter 12 has one that's useful but not essential to completing Chapter 13.

Sweeeeet, that removes a lot of stress and will let me prep. Thanks for letting me know.

Sometimes misremembering isn't so bad!

Xenoflare

Is the Hoshido noble has lower defensive stats than Nohr noble? Something I noticed that is that my Corrin in Birthright is lacking in defense, probably because Yato in this route does not gain any defensive bonuses to cover her.

She isn't getting crazy spd this time (well over 25) in Conquest and Revelations at 20/0 and it's a measly 20 this time, I have a feeling that I might screw up the boon/bane when I restarted Birthright on hard.

I've hit a wall on Birthright Lunatic chapter 24. Too many reinforcements!

Also started Revelations Lunatic and got up to chapter 12. The last few chapters took more than 50 turns each.

Birthright Chapter 15

Kaze died in the cutscene. Apparently I needed a higher support with Corrin. I'm at B, so I'll need to Scout to get it to an A, cause otherwise I won't get Kaze's kid. Fuck off, game.

EDIT: It happened at the end of 14, I saved, and now I'm stuck with it or have to use my last backup save which was hours earlier. I'm not doing that shit, so now I don't get his kid and Mozu's wasted as a parent, since they were married. God fucking dammit.

Brakke

Banned
Birthright Chapter 15

Kaze died in the cutscene. Apparently I needed a higher support with Corrin. I'm at B, so I'll need to Scout to get it to an A, cause otherwise I won't get Kaze's kid. Fuck off, game.

Heads up: if you have Male Corrin and you married a first-generation lady (who cares about non-Corrin boys), then you've missed another child.

If you play Male Corrin, you need to marry a kid or one of the ladies who only Supports with Corrin in order to get all the babies.

Heads up: if you have Male Corrin and you married a first-generation lady (who cares about non-Corrin boys), then you've missed another child.

If you play Male Corrin, you need to marry a kid or one of the ladies who only Supports with Corrin in order to get all the babies.

I'm female Corrin. I'll be male in Conquest. Does the same apply there? Not that it matters since I'll be marrying Camilla anyways. Why the hell did they design it like that? At least Awakening just gave you both kids if things worked out that way.

Shinypogs

21 chapters in and I have all of one child character with another 2 maybe 3 (if silas can stop sucking long enough to get his last support rank with Elise before i perma-bench him. ) I can get before I finish the game. I did a very poor job of  planning my matchmaking and have a bunch of characters whose best supports ranks are not conducive to kids. Next play through I will do better but for my first go round I'm satisfied.

Speaking of chapter 21 (conquest version )
can i just farm faceless forever that chapter?

demidar

Birthright sure throws a lot of units at you early on. I'm already having a hard time who to bring.

Not that it matters because infinite EXP.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Doing an all-kids run in Rev (as I've exhausted the novelty of my favorite units from Hoshido and Nohr in Birthright/Conquest) and the verdict is in: kids are amazing units, and their supports are generally more interesting than the first gen characters. Deeprealms aside, I'm glad they kept them in.

Timeskip would have been better though

I'm female Corrin. I'll be male in Conquest. Does the same apply there? Not that it matters since I'll be marrying Camilla anyways. Why the hell did they design it like that? At least Awakening just gave you both kids if things worked out that way.

It's more a matter of mathematics. In Fates all children come from the Males (with exceptions for Azura and FCorrin). If you do not marry Corrin or marry him to one of his exclusive partners (ie Flora) there are just enough eligible men and women to pair all of them together, with no singles leftover. If MCorrin takes Camilla one Male will be left over without a partner, and since Men give children that's one child down. Similarly if FCorrin marries a male like Xander that's one female who will be left out, but since females do not determine children it doesn't rob you of a character. That's why MCorrin players are told to marry one of their exclusive characters. The math also holds for ALL routes.

I still can't beat Chapter 10 Conquest on Hard.

As soon as
Takumi activates the Dragon Vein
in turn 8, I lose all my footing. Which is obviously what's supposed to happen, but I just can't get my puny units like Nyx and Elise to safety. Something always crushes them.

NeonZ

Doing an all-kids run in Rev (as I've exhausted the novelty of my favorite units from Hoshido and Nohr in Birthright/Conquest) and the verdict is in: kids are amazing units, and their supports are generally more interesting than the first gen characters. Deeprealms aside, I'm glad they kept them in.

Timeskip would have been better though

After reading a translated script for the mini children DLC campaign, it made me wish that a longer version of that had replaced Revelations. Making the third campaign
a sequel to both Conquest and Birthright at the same time
, rather than an alternate path that pretty much makes all others irrelevant would likely have been more satisfying and wouldn'1 make Azura seem even dumber.

Anteo

As soon as
in turn 8, I lose all my footing. Which is obviously what's supposed to happen, but I just can't get my puny units like Nyx and Elise to safety. Something always crushes them.

That's when I dropped Nyx and used Odin, he may have lower magic but he is more durable. He could even get hit once and still survive.

As soon as

Nyx and Elise shouldn't be in range to attack. I kept Nyx on the Fire Orb and that was the only thing she did.

As soon as

You should start doing a retreat at that point, but all your squishy units on the glowing tiles or simply pair all the squishy units with the tanks. Don't be afraid of putting characters you know can survive like Effie, Dragonstone MC or Camilla out into the open to draw enemy attacks. If I recall Camilla alone can handle pretty much the entire left side's Axe users and your tankier units can hold the right side's group. It's also a good time to use your freeze staves on the Peg riders, who should be your priority.

After messing around with some pairings, I think I found some optimal pairings for the kids. The only downside is that Dwyer and Miitama end up being trash, but I never planned on using them anyways.

So my Hana!Selkie has a whopping 18 strength at 20/2. Is this standard? Is there hope?

My Rinkah!Selkie only has 21 Strength at 20/14, so I would say it's normal.

Nyx and Elise shouldn't be in range to attack. I kept Nyx on the Fire Orb and that was the only thing she did.

You should start doing a retreat at that point, but all your squishy units on the glowing tiles or simply pair all the squishy units with the tanks. Don't be afraid of putting characters you know can survive like Effie, Dragonstone MC or Camilla out into the open to draw enemy attacks. If I recall Camilla alone can handle pretty much the entire left side's Axe users and your tankier units can hold the right side's group. It's also a good time to use your freeze staves on the Peg riders, who should be your priority.

The issue is the upper paths. I have Camilla and Effie guarding the bottom chokes, Niles on the Ballista, and Nix on the Fire Orb. But I have Silas at the northeastern Ballista to protect it from the advancing archers and Beruka finishing off the flyers. Once turn 8 comes around, all the Oni Savage on the left side cross the river and smash everyone to bits.

I'm sure I can figure something out. I just haven't yet.

The issue is the upper paths. I have Camilla and Effie guarding the bottom chokes, Niles on the Ballista, and Nix on the Fire Orb. But I have Silas at the northeastern Ballista to protect it from the advancing archers and Beruka finishing off the flyers. Once turn 8 comes around, all the Oni Savage on the left side cross the river and smash everyone to bits.

I'm sure I can figure something out. I just haven't yet.

Change your unit placement. Pair Camilla with Beruka and have her take on the middle part. Niles should be on the ballista in the northeast. Effie and Arthur(or whoever you want her to marry) should be in the NE, taking out the archers. Silas should be on the left, picking off the Oni Savages. Nyx should be using the Fire Orb on the Oni Savages, so Silas can pick them off easily. You should probably equip silas with a 2 range sword so he can kill on enemy turns.

Top Bottom