• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Change your unit placement. Pair Camilla with Beruka and have her take on the middle part. Niles should be on the ballista in the northeast. Effie and Arthur(or whoever you want her to marry) should be in the NE, taking out the archers. Silas should be on the left, picking off the Oni Savages. Nyx should be using the Fire Orb on the Oni Savages, so Silas can pick them off easily. You should probably equip silas with a 2 range sword so he can kill on enemy turns.

A 2 range sword? I wasn't aware this existed? I knew there were Javelins, but I didn't know I could get them yet. Are they in the store?

spiritfox

A 2 range sword? I wasn't aware this existed? I knew there were Javelins, but I didn't know I could get them yet. Are they in the store?

Kodachi, which is Hoshidan, so you can't buy it in Conquest. But you can get it as visit rewards in your castle or as a lucky drop.

There is the Umbrella is a joke weapon but that works I guess.

Balphon

You'd have to either randomly pick up an umbrella or get one of the 1-2 Range Hoshido katanas somehow.

EDIT: Or buy a Levin Sword, but that is a different case.

Anteo

The issue is the upper paths. I have Camilla and Effie guarding the bottom chokes, Niles on the Ballista, and Nix on the Fire Orb. But I have Silas at the northeastern Ballista to protect it from the advancing archers and Beruka finishing off the flyers. Once turn 8 comes around, all the Oni Savage on the left side cross the river and smash everyone to bits.

I'm sure I can figure something out. I just haven't yet.

Camilla and Effie for the bottom is overkill imo, Corrin with the Dragonstone is tanky enough to work there along Effie.

Lynx_7

I still can't beat Chapter 10 Conquest on Hard.

As soon as
Takumi activates the Dragon Vein
in turn 8, I lose all my footing. Which is obviously what's supposed to happen, but I just can't get my puny units like Nyx and Elise to safety. Something always crushes them.

Did you do the invasion 1 to maybe get a couple level ups for some of your units? It could help.
Chapter 10 requires a bit of micromanaging your position, specially if you want to visit all houses. I usually used a paired up Corrin/Effie for the lower right house, Camilla for the lower left, Silas, Felicia and Arthur to hold the upper left chokepoint and Mozu(not having a second archer here makes things a bit harder but you could replace her with someone else strong enough to assist Selena and net some kills if needed) and Selena to take care of the upper right position while also taking care of any enemy fliers that managed to get past Niles, Corrin/Effie, Beruka and Camilla. Elise always stayed like at the middle to heal someone whenever needed (having Freeze for this mission would also help quite a bit, specially to slow down fliers). Niles was really useful at the ballista, killing fliers and finishing off ninjas. Camilla can pretty much do anything you need and I'd keep her kinda close to the middle just in case one of your sides is getting too overwhelmed so she can be there to assist. Moving a bit and then having Azura sing for her is usually enough to position her just about anywhere. Speaking of Azura, definitely make good use of her singing, it's really useful. Oh yeah, Nyx just kinda stayed at the Fire orb I guess. If you manage to do everything right then you shouldn't even need to retreat your units that much, though don't be afraid to do so if needed. Also don't be afraid to play aggressive on this stage..

In the end my best advice is to keep going at it and eventually you'll learn how the map works and what works best to you. If it's any incentive, the next chapter isn't nearly as hard as this one.
If worst comes to worst, you could always drop the difficulty down to Normal. The gap is considerable enough that my brother almost routed the map by the end of the 11th turn at Normal/Classic and he's definitely not what you'd call an exceptional FE player by any means.

Kodachi, which is Hoshidan, so you can't buy it in Conquest. But you can get it as visit rewards in your castle or as a lucky drop.

There is the Umbrella is a joke weapon but that works I guess.

Umbrella has been the secret best weapon ever for Silas. It's ridiculous how often that dumb weapon has come in handy for me, and the 1 MT doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I'm playing on Normal, though, so maybe it gets nerfed hard in higher difficulties.

Azuran

Banned
I finally beat Conquest on Hard/Classic and I can say that was one of the most satisfying experiences I ever had. Getting past some of the dumb crap the game threw your way in those final 10 chapters felt great.

And Peri best girl. Just like Conquest's story, I'm willing to ignored her murderous personality for everything else that matters such as her cute hair.

Moonlight

Banned
Anyone have a suggestion for a fun build for Corrin? Went with Spd/Luck Cavalier for my first run in Conquest, so I'm looking for something less optimal but more just neat for my Birthright run.

Heart Sealing makes it so that you can't use an Offspring Seal anymore? Even if you Heart Seal back to the original class?

Thanks for not telling me this, game. Now I'm out 5 levels on my child unit. -_-

It's fine because I'm not using child units on my current playthrough, but that is still really unintuitive and I can't believe there is no warning or anything of the sort.

She works out pretty well. She has very high speed, skill, and resistance, so she can kill with procs. I probably screwed up by having Rinkah as a mother.

Funny, my Rinkah is at 20/7 and has 24 Strength. Her overall is actually tied with Ryoma and he's at the same level.

Setsuna became my garbage-tier character for my current playthrough, with an overall below 100 even after promoting.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the Selkie there. <_>

CSX

Heart Sealing makes it so that you can't use an Offspring Seal anymore? Even if you Heart Seal back to the original class?

Thanks for not telling me this, game. Now I'm out 5 levels on my child unit. -_-

It's fine because I'm not using child units on my current playthrough, but that is still really unintuitive and I can't believe there is no warning or anything of the sort.
Thank God for Serenesforest pointing that out :p

.JayZii

Banned
I think it's absurd Rinkah only has a base 25% HP growth.
My Rinkah's attack and defense are super high though, so it's not much of a problem.

I like the randomness of the stat growth in these games, though. It's interesting to see people call out characters as garbage tier when in your game they might have turned out pretty amazing or vis versa. The only real bummer is replaying a map where on the last try a character got an amazing level up and on the current replay which you end up winning they only get a +1 into their dump stat.

IceIpor

Anyone have a suggestion for a fun build for Corrin? Went with Spd/Luck Cavalier for my first run in Conquest, so I'm looking for something less optimal but more just neat for my Birthright run.
Try Magic/Spd or Magic/Def.
Gives a whole new reason to use Dragonstones as a main weapon.

NeonZ

Oni Chieftain is a tanking class that has no weakness and can even wield magic. I guess it's similar to how they made both Owain and Nyx very flawed in order to "balance" Dark Mage/Sorcerer.

Rinkah stuff:
Quickly checking a stat calculator, she ends up with more Defense (35) than HP (33) as an Oni Chieftain. HP might be nearly Elise-tier (not that most characters are any better), but with that much Defense -- the highest among shared + Hoshidan units, actually -- it'd take a lot of non-mage enemies to kill her. It's actually a point higher than Effie's if Effie were a General. Her Speed of 29 is pretty good for a tank too.

Buuut offensively, she's ass. <.< Worst Strength of all the tanks by a mile. Only Benny has Speed that'd make him a genuine liability offensively (as a trade-off for being the absolute best defensively once he gets Wary Fighter). Meanwhile, the others aren't that bad and can be salvaged so that their Strength -and- Speed are working together for some crazy results.

-

I suppose they wanted Rinkah to work with Counter damage on top of her personal skill (which isn't the easiest to work with when the nature of tanking requires healing) to make up for her lack of Strength. It's just that Counter's a Lv. 15 promoted skill, meaning you'd have to suffer her crap offensive game for almost the entire game. Meanwhile, the other tanks can easily score kills from the word go.

But hey, at least she beats Subaki in just about everything. lol

Oni Chieftain is a tanking class that has no weakness and can even wield magic. I guess it's similar to how they made both Owain and Nyx very flawed in order to "balance" Dark Mage/Sorcerer.

Ah, forgot about that.

Yeah, that sucked. Good thing I saved before trying.

besides flying and having not ass starting weapon ranks lol

Yeah, that stupid E-rank. lol Only other combatants with E-rank weapons (i.e. Azura + Sakura don't count) are Corrin and Mozu, but Corrin gets a lot more fighting in and escapes E-rank hell by the split, if not sooner, then gets a Prf weapon anyway if they somehow never escape it while Mozu can quickly level and hit D-bows in her own paralogue.

Between that and Hoshidan clubs sucking (as Gestahl mentioned), poor girl has a pretty rough start. :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Revelation 26

WTF!? Gunter is the traitor? I really didn't see that coming at all. I didn't expect him to survive that chapter, either. So much backstory in this route that the others don't touch upon.

Hidden Truths 2 is very hard. I wonder if not hitting the last dragon vein is a better idea.

PK Gaming

CegihU2WEAE9mGR.jpg

i find it silly that checking if you activate a skill is checked before checking if the attack will hit

but i'm getting too used to this game hating you so i didn't really care that kaze missed a lethality with a 94% hit rate

Dimmle

i find it silly that checking if you activate a skill is checked before checking if the attack will hit

but i'm getting too used to this game hating you so i didn't really care that kaze missed a lethality with a 94% hit rate

This happened to me. I couldn't believe it.

though if you consider what chrom says in the before awakening dlc:
where nohr and hoshido are ancient kingdoms in his world, then its possible that lissa's granddaughter is her ancestor

Draxal

where nohr and hoshido are ancient kingdoms in his world, then its possible that lissa's granddaughter is her ancestor

I don't think it's the same world, just stories from other worlds through portalgate, so it would be the same as Tellius or something

NeonZ

Nah. Remember, Awakening's time travel just creates split timelines. So, grandfather paradoxes aren't possible.

I don't think it's the same world, just stories from other worlds through portalgate, so it would be the same as Tellius or something

It is the same world, but far into the past. That's suggested by a couple of lines, like Chrom's reference to mythical kingdoms and (Hidden history spoilers)
Anankos talking about how they travel through time and space).
However, the one line that absolutely confirmed it ended up basically cut by the localization.
. There was a line from Odin's original A support with Ophelia where he references the first Exalt as someone from the distant future. The localization abridged that reference though, cutting the time reference.

Draxal

Nah. Remember, Awakening's time travel just creates split timelines. So, grandfather paradoxes aren't possible.

It is the same world, but far into the past. That's suggested by a couple of lines, like Chrom's reference to mythical kingdoms and (Hidden history spoilers)
Anankos talking about how they travel through time and space).
However, the one line that absolutely confirmed it ended up basically cut by the localization.
. There was a line from Odin's original A support with Ophelia where he references the first Exalt as someone from the distant future. The localization abridged that reference though, cutting the time reference.

I think you misunderstood me.

Ike's saga in Tellius is also considered the ancient past in Awakening as they definitely know of the Radiant Hero, but Ike's saga definitely doesn't take place in the same world as Awakening. I think they purposely left it ambiguous in that it definitely takes in the past, but of what world it takes place isn't really confirmed, (but personally I don't think it takes place in the same world because of the usage of SPACE in hidden history).

The whole multiverse thing with the traveling though different universes at different time periods is easily my least favorite concept introduced by Awakening.

Is Revelation 26 like the other two games where
26 + 27 happen one after the other?
If so I guess I should get my paralogues and stuff out the way.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is great, especially since Lissa was one of the funnier characters to think of suddenly becoming a mother overnight thanks to time travel.
The little girl mothers in Fates are more on the disturbing side, because it's implied they get pregnant now, and not later.

Top Bottom