• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

NeonZ

Corrin married Jakob and Laslow married Azura, so now one of the first generation is by herself.
Probably would've left Mozu alone if I'd realized this, but now Hana will just have Sakura, I guess.

The children are tied to the fathers this time though, so leaving one of the girls alone won't make you miss anything.

Moonlight

Banned
Oboro is so fucking awesome. Everything about her just kills it. Amazing (like legit best one in Birthright straight up) design, amazing class, amazing supports, amazing Personal, amazing animations (but yes, I know they're not unique to her), ahhhh, she's so great.

tumblr_o485ekHX951rs0zxko1_1280.jpg

http://koyoriin.tumblr.com/post/141252828525/httpwwwpixivnetmemberphpid-12576068

Azuran

Banned
Oboro is so fucking awesome. Everything about her just kills it. Amazing (like legit best one in Birthright straight up) design, amazing class, amazing supports, amazing Personal, amazing animations (but yes, I know they're not unique to her), ahhhh, she's so great.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/dd4300986b24f452aac66b2c017fd4de/tumblr_o485ekHX951rs0zxko1_1280.jpg

http://koyoriin.tumblr.com/post/141252828525/httpwwwpixivnetmemberphpid-12576068

But can you live with the fact that she only has eyes for Takumi?

PK Gaming

PREACH. I've seen people bag on Birthright for having noticeably inferior map design than Conquest, which is true but

"We have Oboro"

Azuran

Banned
Probably gonna pair them up, since I'm boring. Much like Peri, though, I'll just be going through all the supports I can possibly manage with her to decide what I like the best.

I paired her with Takumi too just because she seems like the only girl in the world who's able to put up with his personality complex.

PREACH. I've seen people bag on Birthright for having noticeably inferior map design than Conquest, which is true but

"We have Oboro"

I gave her a Guard Naginata and she became a tanking beast. Birthright was Oboro Emblem for me since I tried to limiting my Ryoma usage.

Renewed

Maybe by the time we see what the Elise nendo looks like, we'll hear about anything else. Maybe the 10th anniversary survey will get us another FEif nendo lol probably not

yami4ct

In terms of maps, is Birthright better than Awakening?

In my opinion? Absolutely. Leagues more interesting than Awakening. Awakening has a few standouts that may be higher highs, but on average I found Birthright to be a very nice upgrade in map design. Conquest is leagues above that, but Birthright is a nice improvement.

Shinypogs

So many reinforcements on hinoka's chapter in conquest. I beat it but lost arthur so I'll need to go back and redo it later for a no loss run. i did make a save in a free slot to carry on with for now.

How am I supposed to deal with that hex staff user when i redo it? He was actually more annoying than the never ending reinforcements.

NeonZ

How am I supposed to deal with that hex staff user when i redo it? He was actually more annoying than the never ending reinforcements.

The later reinforcement waves only appear when you advance. I used some units that wouldn't see the frontlines anyway (healer, support) in order to waste the hex staff's uses.

So many reinforcements on hinoka's chapter in conquest. I beat it but lost arthur so I'll need to go back and redo it later for a no loss run. i did make a save in a free slot to carry on with for now.

When I did it, I ended up "sacrificing" the supporting unit in a pair-up. Azama has a limited number of hexes, so as long as you have three characters you can bench, you're golden. Bonus points if your support unit has high speed; Azama missed my Niles once, so only two units got hit with the nerf bat in total.

Also worth noting for your second time, if you care:
the reinforcements do, in fact, end. This is especially obvious if you progress slowly through the map and try not to aggro more than one group of units at a time.

P.S. unrelated, but: #teamoboro

Shinypogs

Ahh ty both for the help. I was doing fine until the last set of reinforcements right before the boss. If I could go back and undo one crucial error I think I would have been fine. That's how it goes though and I actually like that taking a risk or getting complacent has consequences.

Also bow knight Nina is a godsend on that chapter as is adventurer niles. They dodge a crazy amount and wreck the fliers.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ahh ty both for the help. I was doing fine until the last set of reinforcements right before the boss. If I could go back and undo one crucial error I think I would have been fine. That's how it goes though and I actually like that taking a risk or getting complacent has consequences.

Also bow knight Nina is a godsend on that chapter as is adventurer niles. They dodge a crazy amount and wreck the fliers.

That last portion was so great for me because I'd gotten extremely paranoid by that point, and so assumed any move I made could potentially trigger reinforcements.

Funny story about that last bit:
Azama can be farmed for XP just like he could be in chapter 11. He does have a weapon this time, but it's only range 1, and you want to stay away from him anyways because of Divine Retribution. So I ended up parking Kaze and Charlotte just out of range and pelting him with shurikens and hand axes until I managed to get both of them promoted. I thought I was going to have to early-promote Charlotte because all she is is support fodder for Xander and is basically useless otherwise.
Ultimately I don't think it helped me very much, but it was pretty funny to imagine that playing out for real.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Setsuna is my favorite Fates character.

tumblr_o3pn1o9K0G1rs0zxko1_1280.jpg

My favorite weed smoking, brain dead weirdo. No sarcasm in that sentence.

Edit: Wow, this artist drew my female Corrin pretty much exactly.

GzGbpWC.png

tumblr_o3a6voYspE1rs0zxko1_r2_1280.jpg

That last portion was so great for me because I'd gotten extremely paranoid by that point, and so assumed any move I made could potentially trigger reinforcements.

Funny story about that last bit:
Azama can be farmed for XP just like he could be in chapter 11. He does have a weapon this time, but it's only range 1, and you want to stay away from him anyways because of Divine Retribution. So I ended up parking Kaze and Charlotte just out of range and pelting him with shurikens and hand axes until I managed to get both of them promoted. I thought I was going to have to early-promote Charlotte because all she is is support fodder for Xander and is basically useless otherwise.
Ultimately I don't think it helped me very much, but it was pretty funny to imagine that playing out for real.

Azama has a Steel Nageyari on hard/lunatic so you can't do that...and on normal he also doesn't have a Hexing Rod anyway

edit: welp looks like the wiki failed AGAIN! good thing I recorded Lunatic stats myself

Moonlight

Banned
What's the math like on how many battles two units need to perform for a support rank? I know that supports don't level equally(?), but I'd appreciate seeing a safe range. Would like to get support grinding done as efficiently as I can.

It's more a matter of mathematics. In Fates all children come from the Males (with exceptions for Azura and FCorrin). If you do not marry Corrin or marry him to one of his exclusive partners (ie Flora) there are just enough eligible men and women to pair all of them together, with no singles leftover. If MCorrin takes Camilla one Male will be left over without a partner, and since Men give children that's one child down. Similarly if FCorrin marries a male like Xander that's one female who will be left out, but since females do not determine children it doesn't rob you of a character. That's why MCorrin players are told to marry one of their exclusive characters. The math also holds for ALL routes.

Thanks for the info!

But I'm marrying Camilla, so somebody else will just bite the bullet. I have needs.

All right. I've reached the dreaded level 13 in Conquest. I'm playing on Hard.

I have no idea what to do.

You get Benny and Charlotte at your disposal, but they are positively useless. Their damage output is microscopic and they are killed in one turn. Even when I pair Benny to Charlotte for the Guard Stance, their accuracy is so poor and their damage so low that they are nothing more than a liability. Their performance has been so poor that I have simply started moving them to safety to prevent them from being killed.

I could definitely use some advice. A lot of the strategies I see must be for Normal, because the things they say to try simply don't work. I have been moving to the left to take out all the mages, then trying to move down to the cavaliers and the Kinishi Knight, but I sometimes don't even make it that far because the wyvern knights paired with knights crush my tanky units.

Please advise me, because I don't see how I can possibly clear this map without promoting some units, which will cost me lots of levels as a result.

SolVanderlyn

Xander's delivery on
"There's no such thing as justice"
line was goddamn flawless.
I agree with this statement, but not his. It was painfully obvious he reached that conclusion to moralize the things he'd done by that point.

Azuran

Banned
Thanks for the info!

But I'm marrying Camilla, so somebody else will just bite the bullet. I have needs.

Jakob should always be that person for multiple reasons. Hell, marrying him to someone is probably a huge inconvenience to him too. He has no time for girls when he needs to constantly kiss the ground Corrin walks on.

SolVanderlyn

Jakob should always be that person for multiple reasons. Hell, marrying him to someone is probably a huge inconvenience to him too. He has no time for girls when he needs to constantly kiss the ground Corrin walks on.
Dwyer is the best child (personality wise). Like father, like son.

So if I haven't S ranked almost anyone by chapter 21 (birthright) should I even bother?

I just barely got Silas's kid and the mission for Corrin's seems impossible.

What determines how these things scale because I can barely dent these guys and they outnumber me 2:1.

(But for as difficult as it was,, this is still the most fun Iv'e had with the game so far)

L95

So if I haven't S ranked almost anyone by chapter 21 (birthright) should I even bother?

What determines how these things scale because I can barely dent these guys and they outnumber me 2:1.

(But for as difficult as it was,, this is still the most fun Iv'e had with the game so far)

Child paralogues scale in difficulty based on how far in the game you are.

Its up to you. You can do everything just fine without children. As for the scaling, as I understand it, they scale to your current chapter. I did one at chapter 10 and was facing lost of level 10 and 15 units with fairly low stats, with a few promotes mixed in, also with low stats for their level. The child unit you get will also scale in about the same way.

Edit: Also, they have been the most fun I've had on Birthright by a long shot. They really played around with the maps and objectives for children paralogues, so they kind of match the feel of the child. Gives a nice introduction to them, and breaks up the standard gameplay.

You get Benny and Charlotte at your disposal, but they are positively useless. Their damage output is microscopic and they are killed in one turn. Even when I pair Benny to Charlotte for the Guard Stance, their accuracy is so poor and their damage so low that they are nothing more than a liability. Their performance has been so poor that I have simply started moving them to safety to prevent them from being killed.

I could definitely use some advice. A lot of the strategies I see must be for Normal, because the things they say to try simply don't work. I have been moving to the left to take out all the mages, then trying to move down to the cavaliers and the Kinishi Knight, but I sometimes don't even make it that far because the wyvern knights paired with knights crush my tanky units.

Please advise me, because I don't see how I can possibly clear this map without promoting some units, which will cost me lots of levels as a result.
I just finished this level on Hard yesterday, and I found that leaving Takumi's side alone in the beginning was the right thing to do, so stick with that. I didn't use Benny and Charlotte in the chapter other than as Pair Up fodder, but I made sure to stick Benny on the character I intended to tank physical hits (most importantly, when you have to bait Reina and the cavaliers). In this case, I paired him up with Dragonstone Corrin. As for the wyverns + generals, I make sure to take them out before baiting Reina and co., else you're gonna get wrecked. Niles is pretty important in this chapter to one-round KO those wyverns. Make sure you have the sword armourslayer too, and trade it around if you need to so you can get all those generals in one turn.

Don't have a lot of good advice for you, TBH. :C It's just a pretty tough chapter all around.

Azuran

Banned
I just finished this level on Hard yesterday, and I found that leaving Takumi's side alone in the beginning was the right thing to do, so stick with that. I didn't use Benny and Charlotte in the chapter other than as Pair Up fodder, but I made sure to stick Benny on the character I intended to tank physical hits (most importantly, when you have to bait Reina and the cavaliers). In this case, I paired him up with Dragonstone Corrin. As for the wyverns + generals, I make sure to take them out before baiting Reina and co., else you're gonna get wrecked. Niles is pretty important in this chapter to one-round KO those wyverns. Make sure you have the sword armourslayer too, and trade it around if you need to so you can get all those generals in one turn.

Don't have a lot of good advice for you, TBH. :C It's just a pretty tough chapter all around.

Yeah Niles is a lifesaver in that chapter. If you don't have him, then you're in for a lot of pain. If you put him on Reina's range, she will always attack him and get herself killed which is nice.

Generals are pretty weak to magic so Odin and/or Nyx are pretty useful if you have them to deal with that early onslaught

Just to preface this, I didn't promote anyone until Chapter 16-17, but I did use Camilla. If I remember right, I started by splitting my army in 2, and having a few people kill the knights to the right and the mages on the left at the same time, being mindful of Takumi's range. From there I dropped someone with high defense into the edge of Takumi's range and he came up solo. After that just kill him like any bow user and continue to bait out the knights. As you push across you' may pull the cavalry and Reina to whichever side if further. Reina is a joke honestly, and on the left you shouldn't pull Scarlet's team. Once you cross the bridge, they enemies to the bottom right will star to move, so I pushed left first to bait Reina's team, then pushed right to bait the paired up wyvern riders. As for Scarlet's team, its a bit of a wash by that point. They shouldn't be able to do much if you block the choke points and stay mindful of where they can come up.

I guess I should also say that I usually have 2 tanky (can take a hit or two) people deployed, followed by a bunch of attackers. I don't really care about dealing damage on the enemy turn as much as pulling them into range for my real attackers to kill, and then repeating. It takes a lot more turns to do it this way, but I've found it fairly safe.

More specifically for this map, send one of your physical hit takers to each side, and have a magical hit taker on the mage side (Nyx, Odin, Kaze, Felicia, Corrin?). For the mage side, if you can handle the mages up top, Orochi won't be much of a big deal. As for Takumi's side, if you don't have someone who can take a hit from Takumi, then you are kind of screwed anyway. The Knights up top aren't too much of a threat. Send a magic unit / armorslayer to help with removing them early. Once you make it across the bridge, the map becomes a lot easier. Beware the random Outlaw by the way. That guy is an asshole.

Whizkid7

She's become one of my favorite characters through her supports alone. And I actually really like her supports with male Corrin since that actually feels like a proper natural progression to a relationship as opposed to some of the others. It's either her or Mozu he'll end up shacking up with in Birthright - sorry whichever dude I end up liking the least *cough screw you Azama you jerk all your supports suck so far cough*

NeonZ

Does she have any supports or is she just like those Einherjars?

She's like Crimson, has a support with the avatar and possibly Kana if she's her mother. In fact, she appears in your avatar's support list even if you don't download her, which is annoying. You're technically only downloading the stage to get her. The character itself was always in the game's data.

Top Bottom