• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

spiritfox

Sanity check:I'm 50 hours into Birthright and I'm thinking about resetting to get the right waifu. Good idea?

Despite being decidedly pro-yuri, the S rank between my fCorrin and Not-Tharja went over like a weak fart. Meanwhile, it has come to my attention that birthright is the only opportunity to snag Scarlet, best unit, best girl. Of course that means redoing birthright with conquest and revelations still ahead of me just to roll up a mCorrin. Good plan or am I crazy?

Err are you near Endgame? If so, just finish it and come back to it another time at a higher difficulty level.

Then again, Scarlet is pretty cool.

Draxal

Female makes it easier, as Jakob's the better early servant (reclass him to Great Knight), and Felicia's the better later servant (she's a better staff bot).

If I reclass Azura can she still use the Sing command?

I heard they just made it the same across both male and female Corrin. I haven't seen either conversation so I have no idea why they decided to do that.
tried looking it up now that ive heard about it. And at least the S support is copy and paste for Male and Female corrin in the localization. The original F!Corrin x Rhajat S support did the whole too bad I'm a girl so this can't work thing, with Kamui saying that doesn't matter.

Wish I had a full translation of that support, seems a lot better in the original, considering how dumb the S rank is in the localization (and faithful to the original Male S rank)

PK Gaming

Sanity check:I'm 50 hours into Birthright and I'm thinking about resetting to get the right waifu. Good idea?

Despite being decidedly pro-yuri, the S rank between my fCorrin and Not-Tharja went over like a weak fart. Meanwhile, it has come to my attention that birthright is the only opportunity to snag Scarlet, best unit, best girl. Of course that means redoing birthright with conquest and revelations still ahead of me just to roll up a mCorrin. Good plan or am I crazy?

You're probably going to get burnt out if you do that, so i'd recommend against it.

Here's the Japanese S-rank if you're curious

It's a lot better imo.

You're probably going to get burnt out if you do that, so i'd recommend against it.

Here's the Japanese S-rank if you're curious

It's a lot better imo.
oh...and there is quite a bit of important lore in there too that we dont get in the localization...

It also definitely makes it sound like C-A are much different in the original. Goddamnit

EDIT: Now having watched the whole thing...that is like the best support in the game...give me that in my copy nintendo

PK Gaming

oh...and there is quite a bit of important lore in there too that we dont get in the localization...

It also definitely makes it sound like C-A are much different in the original. Goddamnit

They are

F!Corrin's support with Rhajat was generally more varied/fun than the male version. Shame they went with the Male one as a default.

KAMUI: Y-you mean it!? Then, try talking to me like Shara, the normal girl. Pretend we're at the tea party right now.

SHARA: Alright...

SHARA: ...

SHARA: Ehehe☆ I love tea parties, Kamui☆ Don't you!?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Saizo and Laslow support is so good, haha

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Jakob is too cool for that fire.

Azuran

Banned
After spending some time looking at fanart, I'm now wishing Leo was a gay option. That man is so dreamy.

Birthright chapter 13 got hard, haha.

I guess I need to bring some of my higher level people.

Yeah some of the chapters can catch you by surprise if you're not ready for them. I was expecting it to be a cakewalk since it was supposed to be the "easy" game but it was actually tougher than Awakening.

Man, I finished Birthright and the paired endings are pretty awful for the ladies. Like, nearly all of them are some variation of

"...and she forever remained his loving wife and people loved her for her personality quirk."

I understand you can't do much in three lines, but at least a little bit more character would be nice. I'm glad I didn't pair up the kids, at least. Sophie's ending is probably one of my favorites in the entire series.

Javier

Finished Conquest and now Birthright. Revelation is up next!

Making all pairings Hoshidian x Nohrian! This army is a big happy family!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
LOL I just got to Ch.18, I think it is on Conquest. The silliness of the story really hasn't bothered me so far. I mean, it's whatever. But Ch. 18 was pretty "whhhhaaatt..."

We're going to have dinner with our enemy, and then they're going to get surprised attack and we're going to save our enemy so WE can be the ones to defeat them in a fair battle. "OH BROTHER, HE'S JUST LIKE YOU.

Hilarious, okay. Whatever.

Shinypogs

I wish we could decline s rank options and make the talk bubbles and exclamation point go away. When I eventually s rank someone else will it stop?

Conquest Lunatic was okay until enemy's start having stupid skills. Ninjas have a skill that accumulate stats drops and every maid had that Infinite staff use after 26, hexing rods and Entraps are killing me.

Uh, yeah, how do *I* earn that ridiculous infinite staff skill? I'm betting I don't.

Infinite rescue would be broken and amazing. That would almost be worth running 3 healers for. Thinking of it, how many healers others run? I've been stuck on running 2 (Felicia + little sister), but I've been thinking of sending Felicia into dlc classes to hopefully become a bit more powerful ever since someone pointed out that she is a promoted class and would get those dlc skills fairly quickly.

jackal27

Banned
Can anybody here give me a difficulty comparison for Conquest - Normal - Classic? Like how does it compare to other Fire Emblems? I've beaten Awakening, the two GBA ones, gotten pretty far in Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance, and I'm about halfway through Mystery of the Emblem. I'm about to finish Birthright - Normal - Classic and I was planning to go Casual on Conquest based on the things I've heard about the difficulty, but something about playing a Fire Emblem game without permadeath really bothers me. Then again, I don't want to be restarting 30 minute missions 6 times in order to win.

After getting this close to the end of Birthright though, I feel like I may be ready to take on Conquest in Classic since I have a really good grasp on the classes, mechanics, and even other things like AI patterns and such.

What do you guys think? Also, how is Revelations' difficulty?

Great Knights can't use shurikens. That's crazy.

Do people class Jakob to Great Knight? I've been hesitant to reclass the Butler because they're such a good utility class. I also don't have another healer option, since Elise gets crumpled like paper if somebody flicks a light switch too aggressively.

PK Gaming

Do people class Jakob to Great Knight? I've been hesitant to reclass the Butler because they're such a good utility class. I also don't have another healer option, since Elise gets crumpled like paper if somebody flicks a light switch too aggressively.

Great Knight or Paladin. Paladin is especially useful since you immediately get an 8 move class with solid stas. Paladin!Jakob isn't too dissimilar from the likes of Frederick or Seth and is immensely useful in the early game. Provided you're using female Corrin of course.

If Elise is ever in range of getting attacked by the time enemy phase starts you're doing something wrong. Since there's no same turn attack reinforcements there's really no excuse

LordJim

He gives nice extra pair up bonuses in that class on top of his personal skill for your avatar.
When you have both Felicia and Jacob, you can make her the staffbot

Neol

People reclass him to Paladin as it helps out the Conquest early chapters greatly and he gets access to Aegis early which helps tank ranged stuff.

I also didn't reclass for the same reasons as you so don't feel pressured if you don't want to do it.

Renewed

Maybe you like Jakob for the utility of debuffs with hidden weapons and the staff use. It's up to you. Since I've recruited Kaze, I haven't been using Jakob in my offence plans anymore and just use him to support. At that point, I'm better off ditching him or making him my pairup after a reclass.

Top Bottom