• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

PK Gaming

+Mag Corrin is a goddamn animal on TurtleConquest.

Literally one shots mooks with the Dragonstone, and with tonics I can tank for days.

Can't wait until I get the Levin Sword.

Wow, Conquest 13 is a complete cakewalk compared to the 3 previous chapters. Not a single unit even came close to dying; I pretty much did not even need a healer.

Busaiku

It's especially bad when trying to Capture bosses too, but you end up killing them while trying to wittle them down.
Particularly when forgetting to save Master Seals for Niles and Orochi.

Revelation 24.

Yeah yeah we get it game trust is bad/trust is good/trust is bad/trust is good, but I figured if I made the wrong decision I would at least be able to fight my way out of it, since one of the takeaways from trusttrusttrusttrust is "Corrin should trust people, and rely on her friends to save her when she's wrong." Nope: making the wrong choice immediately knocks everyone down to 1HP, hope you brought lots of healers/pots and can heal everyone who could be attacked, because otherwise there goes an hour of your life!

Sigh.

Now we can all die together.

PBalfredo

At some point someone posted a link to a marriage calculator that would visualize who was left to marry off and what inharitences the child would receive. I've lost the link and it's come time for me to get serious about pulling the trigger on some of these hookups and finding pairs for the spares. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

It's especially bad when trying to Capture bosses too, but you end up killing them while trying to wittle them down.
Particularly when forgetting to save Master Seals for Niles and Orochi.

did that for sophie's boss

didn't reset cause i managed to not get any of the villagers killed so good enough

Renewed

At some point someone posted a link to a marriage calculator that would visualize who was left to marry off and what inharitences the child would receive. I've lost the link and it's come time for me to get serious about pulling the trigger on some of these hookups and finding pairs for the spares. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

This?

Balphon

Does anyone else feel like a lot of the non-standard weapons tend to have too many downsides?

The character weapons are meant to be silly gimmicks since you get them randomly.

The practical use for Niles's bow would be to either feed weak units or leave something alive so Niles can capture it on the last hit.

johnsmith

remember me
Conquest is pissing me off. The enemies in the last quarter of the game are all leveling up way too fast, and they all have silver weapons. Doesn't help that the only class in the game that has decent defense is the knight/general line. Even paladins seem like glass cannons in this game (or really just glass since all my paladins have turned out crappy, low str/low speed).

PK Gaming

"YOU SMELL LIKE A GOAT!"
Donnel was better

DHeEweb.gif

MSMrRound

I'm on third route. Is there any ideal stage of the game to marry two of the characters together? E.g do I go for it as soon as I'm able to, or wait until the couple manages to get decent stats/skills?

If I want to pass a skill to the kid, is there a certain slot tt I have to put the skill in aka awakening style? Thanks for your help.

spiritfox

"YOU SMELL LIKE A GOAT!"
Donnel was better

That's my favorite crit quote in Fates.

Something hilarious about a country bumpkin shouting that to someone before putting an arrow in their face.

I'm on third route. Is there any ideal stage of the game to marry two of the characters together? E.g do I go for it as soon as I'm able to, or wait until the couple manages to get decent stats/skills?

If I want to pass a skill to the kid, is there a certain slot tt I have to put the skill in aka awakening style? Thanks for your help.

You start getting Offspring Seals after chapter 18, so you might want to wait till then to save on Master Seals. Otherwise, anytime's fine.

The skill you want to pass down has to be the last in the list.

Conquest is pissing me off. The enemies in the last quarter of the game are all leveling up way too fast, and they all have silver weapons. Doesn't help that the only class in the game that has decent defense is the knight/general line. Even paladins seem like glass cannons in this game (or really just glass since all my paladins have turned out crappy, low str/low speed).
Have you been using Xander? He should be nigh invincible against everything but mages/ninjas/effective damage.

huh, apparently a few people on Serenes also had the same game-crashing experience with the last Birthright chapter 25 Entrap guy

welp seems like a real bug then

MSMrRound

I really like Oboro. Porbably one of the Birthright character that I warmed up to the fastest. Spear users are also awesome, especially the way she twirls the spear around and nail the enemy with a heavy hit. Doesn't take much for her to be a defensive tank as well.

Conquest Chapter 24 is a nightmare. I've gotten the hang of when the falcon knights are going to appear but man are they so stubborn to deal with. It especially becomes a pain once you get into the boss area since a lot of them start spawning.

GSR

lol birthright 26

Sent Hinoka and Kaze over to open the door. Xander rushes up, "STAY OUT OF THIS THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND CORRIN", Hinoka crits and kills, "IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS..."

good job xander.

Shinypogs

I am loving the ninja bros support convos and saizo/orochi promises to bring keaton/camilla levels of hilarity to my matchmaking results. Hard mode or not I'm not aiming for the most optimal kids this run so if I end up making bad pairs resulting in useless kids I will be fine.

The cast for birthright is enjoyable and the new maps while still easy on hard mode bring enough to make me not regret buying it. The tone of the story thus far is less appealing. Im not saying there aren't people in Nohr with war crimes that need answering for but I'm gonna sit over here with my Nohrian scum badge and capital E for evil crown and judge the bullshit I observe in Hoshido just as harshly

I planned to romance shigure this run but Subaki is trying to worm his way into my heart first.

lol birthright 26

Sent Hinoka and Kaze over to open the door. Xander rushes up, "STAY OUT OF THIS THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND CORRIN", Hinoka crits and kills, "IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS..."

good job xander.

I beat that chapter in two turns. My Corrin vastly out-powered Xander.

I probably should've tried to not beat him too quickly so that I can get all the experience from all the other baddies, but whatever. It was a Casual playthrough. =P

I'm pretty proud of beating Chapter 27 without having anyone die, actually. Endgame was a different story, but I just did a Battle Save there so I didn't have to go through Chapter 27 again.

demidar

I beat that chapter in two turns. My Corrin vastly out-powered Xander.

I probably should've tried to not beat him too quickly so that I can get all the experience from all the other baddies, but whatever. It was a Casual playthrough. =P

I'm pretty proud of beating Chapter 27 without having anyone die, actually. Endgame was a different story, but I just did a Battle Save there so I didn't have to go through Chapter 27 again.

I just went up to Xander on my first turn and 4-shotted him with my Snake Scroll.

Javier

So I have my Rev pairings all sorted out now:

Already S-ranked:

Saizo x Beruka
Keaton x Hana
Takumi x Elise
Hayato x Nyx
Hinata x Selena

In-progress:

Ryoma x Camilla
Xander x Hinoka
Leo x Sakura
Kaden x Charlotte
Benny x Rinkah
Niles x Oboro

Need to start:

Corrin(M) x Rhajat
Azama x Effie
Arthur x Setsuna
Odin x Kagero
Lazlow x Orochi
Jakob x Azura
Silas x Mozu
Subaki x Felicia
Kaze x Peri

This is going to be a looooong grind.

so, im finding these last few chapters of birthright hard to be harder than conquest hard. Had to go to bed last night and shut the system off while staring blankly at a strategist with entrap that i'm not sure what to do about

Neol

Hayato and Nyx make the most sense in my head just cause of Rhajat.

Mozu honestly doesn't seem that young as everyone thinks. Plus she has pretty sweet supports with Saizo and Hinata.

Elise on the other hand is literally a child. I can't find myself justifying marrying her to any of my units.

Hayato is was clrearly desingned to be Mozu's parter... Any other partner for Mozu seems wrong and creepy.

I like to marry Mozu to Ryoma. I mean, she lost everything. At least it lets her be royalty now. Then, when Ryoma eventually dies long before her, she can reign as Queen. Not a bad deal.

Moonlight

Banned
I think Hana/Ryoma's a better fit (like either way Hana should be marrying royalty so she can become sisters with Sakura) or it would be if the reason I find them good together is the reason why she's not a great mom for Shiro. Alas.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Elise on the other hand is literally a child. I can't find myself justifying marrying her to any of my units.

I went with Odin. She doesn't get weirded out by his shenanigans. And he acts like an adolescent anyways.

JulianImp

Question...where do I go if I want to adjust tactics for castle battles?

E.g putting my units on hold and stuff.

You go to your castle's crystal ball thing -> My Team -> First option (I think)

I have figured out that you can even set unit behavior there (move & attack, stand ground and do nothing), but there're three other AI behaviors that are numbered (A, B, C) that I don't undestand at all.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So I've been hearing about there being chapters back-to-back without being to save? I've been dreading these. Are they a thing and how often does it happen?

MSMrRound

So I've been hearing about there being chapters back-to-back without being to save? I've been dreading these. Are they a thing and how often does it happen?

From what I have seen, only the last chapter of Birthright/Conquest. That's it. Not too sure about 3rd path.

Azuran

Banned

Only happens right at the end during the final two chapter of each game. I also read there's another case like that in Revelation during the middle of the game.

Yeah Chapters 16-17 in Revelation force you to go back to back. What would otherwise be uneventful chapters become very stressful because of this, but they aren't so bad as long as you let Ryoma, Xander and Leo solo them, as they're the chapters where you get said characters. Unless you've grinded super hard, I highly recommend only bringing your super top tier characters and relying on said royal brothers for those chapters.

Top Bottom