• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

GSR

I hope so. There was so much missed potential with this set of characters particularly. Like I said before, you can't tell me that after that DLC convo between Ryoma and Saizo that they don't feel something other than loyalty and friendship.

DLC convo nothing. Sure, Saizo and Mozu were cute together, but after seeing the Saizo/Ryoma support chain I was like, "well that could've transitioned into romance better than about 90% of the other supports in this game."

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I guess the gold prize in the lottery is legitimately rare. I got one early in the game (hunting knife, I think) and thought my luck wasn't too good since I haven't seen one since. Apparently some people have played through multiple times and never seen a gold at all though.

Lynx_7

I guess the gold prize in the lottery is legitimately rare. I got one early in the game (hunting knife, I think) and thought my luck wasn't too good since I haven't seen one since. Apparently some people have played through multiple times and never seen a gold at all though.

That's why you have such awful luck with the RNG. You blew your load way too early.

I got a Shining Bow on one of those things. Is that a gold reward?

Rainy

Banned

I beat Birthright and I'm 3/4 done with Conquest and have never seen one.

Balphon

I've gotten a couple gold rewards. Only one I use is a soldier's knife.

I think they were all from the level 3 lottery shop. Helps that it's taken me awhile to finish Conquest, so I've gotten a lot of rolls.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That's why you have such awful luck with the RNG. You blew your load way too early.

I got a Shining Bow on one of those things. Is that a gold reward?

Definitely gold. Bronze is always a resource, and silver gives mostly standard bronze, iron, and rarely steel weapons.

Azuran

Banned
DLC convo nothing. Sure, Saizo and Mozu were cute together, but after seeing the Saizo/Ryoma support chain I was like, "well that could've transitioned into romance better than about 90% of the other supports in this game."

Every Camilla support could have been a romance option. They weren't even subtle when it came to displaying how much she's into girls.

Jims

Putting a hidden boss with Counter in Conquest 15 or 16 is really cute, guys. Especially since you gotta stand directly next to them to talk first to initiate them. Thanks Intelligent Systems. Thanks sooooooo much.

I like these games but sometimes the challenge seems to come from how anal-retentive the developers expect you to be.

For sure. They went really hard with that pairing from the start, and the DLC just further solidified that. It's not even like slight teasing or suggestive hints, it's full on homoerotic pandering. I'm not sure why'd they would have it progress so far with no payoff. Obviously a large portion of the fanbase would be very into it.

I'm curious as to how their festival convo is going to be localized though. I hope they don't change it but it's quite blatantly sexualized so they'll probably water it down or change the subject matter unfortunately.

King Fost

Neo Member
Every Camilla support could have been a romance option. They weren't even subtle when it came to displaying how much she's into girls.

Of course they wouldn't give Camilla lesbian options because her entire existence is based on appealing to the horny fantasies of straight guys. Her flirting with girls was clearly added in because dudes think lesbianism is hot. You think they'd actually put in effort to write her extra supports for bisexuality? Of course they wouldn't, it's basically them trying to have their cake and eat it too.

SalvaPot

I got bored with the game =(, I give it to my gf since I can't seem to like playing it, I might give it another chance when she is done with it.

Shinypogs

Shiro aquired, no rescue staff needed. I did abuse takumi's fuck terrain effects ability from his bow though. Took 4 tries and would have had it the second time if Shiro's ai wasn't suicidal.

Do you need to be 20/20 to beat birthrights endgame on hard ?My team has no problems atm but since I spread the xp more i don't think anyone will reach that never mind need eternal seals.

Azuran

Banned
Of course they wouldn't give Camilla lesbian options because her entire existence is based on appealing to the horny fantasies of straight guys. Her flirting with girls was clearly added in because dudes think lesbianism is hot. You think they'd actually put in effort to write her extra supports for bisexuality? Of course they wouldn't, it's basically them trying to have their cake and eat it too.

She's truly the worst character in the game.

Welp, Conquest 17 is probably the point where the game forces me to stop using a balanced team and start focusing on some units. I haven't even used Camilla, Leo, and Xander outside of their introductory chapters since they were experience hogs.

I'm gonna decide who to marry to who and go from there. It's a shame that I won't be able to promote everyone like I did in my Birthright playthrough, but they'll have their chance in Revelations.

EDIT: Oh, before anyone asks, my units range from levels 13 to 18, with Charlotte being the lowest and Azura being the highest. Only Corrin is promoted and is a level 2 Nohr Noble.

EDIT2: Oh wait, I made Laslow a Lodestar and Peri a Great Lord, so I guess 3 promoted units.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Wow, just got to Conquest Ch.20

Any tips? I was wondering if I should just have a dude on a dragon vein and activate it every turn?

Shinypogs

I'm a bit late to the party with this game, started last week w/ Hoshido and I'm only on Chapter 12.

Quick question, sorry if it's been answered: I got a pair of characters to S rank and got their corresponding Paralogue (which I beat and recruited that child). I have another pair now at S rank, but no Paralogue seems to be showing up. What gives?

If that second pair includes kaze he is a special case and you need to wait be able to do his child's paraloge.

Azuran

Banned
Wow, just got to Conquest Ch.20

Any tips? I was wondering if I should just have a dude on a dragon vein and activate it every turn?

You don't need too. There's a pattern to the wind so you can plan ahead once you figure it out and then activate the veins. They move the enemy units so you can use it to ambush them.

EDarkness

Been playing Birthright and I gotta say I'm back to enjoying the game again. Conquest just sapped all of the fun out of the game for me. Terrible story, crappy Corrin, silly maps with BS enemies that crit like crazy. I know some people find that sort of thing fun, but after getting rolled by an enemy with a 2% chance to crit near the end of one of the campaigns, I just said "screw it". Ended up not getting any of the children and my main character didn't get married at all.

Birthright is a lot more chill, though, I will say that the maps are seriously lacking any real challenge at all. I do like the story better and the characters are good (except Azuma and Setsuna). Ended up marrying Scarlet (she's just too cool) and it's a bummer that I can't in Revelations.

Overall the game is fun, but I find that I enjoyed Awakening more.

TheChaos

Any tips for Conquest Chapter 26? I do fine until I reach the room in the South with all the armored units that have horse and armor killing weapons. They all end up ganging up on one character one I break the door down on the left side.

KeigoNiwa

Maybe a weird question, but does anyone know to what extent Media Vision worked on this game?

I only ask because they used to make Wild Arms (one of my favorite RPG series) so I like when I hear that they had input in games, but I never actually know what they do

omlet

Any tips for Conquest Chapter 26? I do fine until I reach the room in the South with all the armored units that have horse and armor killing weapons. They all end up ganging up on one character one I break the door down on the left side.

I'm still trying to figure out how the heck to navigate 21 without my low def people getting obliterated, heh.

Azuran

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out how the heck to navigate 21 without my low def people getting obliterated, heh.

You have to activate a dragon vein every turn and rush straight to the exit. Playing defensively or trying to rout everything on the map will only get you killed. Camilla and Xander are extremely useful because they both have high movement and can take a hit or two.

Moonlight

Banned
Chapter 21 is one of those chapters that actually gets easier the less units you deploy.

Fliers in general just totally trivialize the map, though.

I'm a bit late to the party with this game, started last week w/ Hoshido and I'm only on Chapter 12.

Quick question, sorry if it's been answered: I got a pair of characters to S rank and got their corresponding Paralogue (which I beat and recruited that child). I have another pair now at S rank, but no Paralogue seems to be showing up. What gives?

Is it kaze? His paralogue appears after Ch. 15(this is only in Hoshido).

Shinypogs

Who is your team and what buffs and skills do you have available? With the right team you can hold the door position with two units and keep them healed and buffed until the units with weapons they are weak to are close. Don't forget to use freeze staffs if you have them available.

~
Whelp it happened. Shigure is 5 levels below my mc but when we are paired up and he uses guard naginata he is usually the superior unit to when I am in the lead except against archers and that only counts if he can't get close enough to one shot them.

My mc still does great damage (especially with rally magic) and there are times when its more useful to have me in front but they are rarer then I would like.

I'm also torn about letting kana S rank Sophie. On one hand he is such a lil kid it feels creepy if they are gonna get married . On the other more stats. If nothing else their support is cute so far and in general I wish Kana was your mc. I would happily play oblivious dragonblood child stumbling into a war and being fought over because holy shit no one had seen a transformation into an ancient dragon in ages.

TheChaos

Who is your team and what buffs and skills do you have available? With the right team you can hold the door position with two units and keep them healed and buffed until the units with weapons they are weak to are close. Don't forget to use freeze staffs if you have them available.

Argh, I totally blanked on the Freeze Staff. I'll try that.

A friend of mine beat Conquest on Hard/Classic and I just found out he didn't know about the guard gauge... How.

He probably relied on Xander and Camilla. Xander is an amazing tank. Equip him with sol and I can see him helping a lot on the later chapters. Your friend probably had to use a lot of healers too and strategic positioning of units.

He probably relied on Xander and Camilla. Xander is an amazing tank. Equip him with sol and I can see him helping a lot on the later chapters. Your friend probably had to use a lot of healers too and strategic positioning of units.
His favorite tank was Effie. He said he used pair up a fair amount but just never noticed it, haha.

His favorite tank was Effie. He said he used pair up a fair amount but just never noticed it, haha.

Effie is an amazing tank too, especially in Conquest. She comes early so it's not too hard to rely on her and get her trained up too. I was going to say, beating it with only attack stance would have been pretty hard.

LordJim

I'm also torn about letting kana S rank Sophie. On one hand he is such a lil kid it feels creepy if they are gonna get married . On the other more stats. If nothing else their support is cute so far and in general I wish Kana was your mc. I would happily play oblivious dragonblood child stumbling into a war and being fought over because holy shit no one had seen a transformation into an ancient dragon in ages.
Don't worry,
The Kannas are mostly friendzoned in the localized supports
Sophie is a good choice for a Tank focused Kanna(assuming she is paladin/Great Knight)

Shinypogs

Don't worry,
The Kannas are mostly frth her mom and replacedzoned in the localized supports
Sophie is a good choice for a Tank focused Kanna(assuming she is paladin/Great Knight)
Sweet I shall continue on then. Yeah I have Sophie as a great knight and kanna as a dragonstone only tank. He deals moderate damage due to bad starting magic and low magic growths but can take quite the beating and you gotta love that heal every turn.

Does anyone know if Midori makes a good mechanist? I might partner her with azura who is her mom and replace kaze if so since he just seems to have randomly started doing poorly compared to the rest of the team. Alternatively i can class her to something else if she is better suited to it. I was just thinking mechanist becuase she already has the extra potion heal percentage and take action aftr using potio skill from apothecary so if I get her high enough to use replicate with mechanist she'd be crazy good right?

Moonlight

Banned
WVW69jFxy1kOyu0wOH

vK8ojD9.png

Azuran

Banned
That fact that Anna is a Corrinsexual kinda killed my interest on getting her. If they're going to charge me extra for a character, then they better go the full way.

I think I'll be skipping out on Anna. I have a lot of DLC to catch up on and she's low priority on my list. I'll be getting the one with Witch's Mark though(the free one and the paid one).

NeonZ

I'll buy the Anna DLC even though I'm not buying most DLC this time unlike with Awakening. I really wanted more character DLC, so hopefully it does well.

King Fost

Neo Member
I might only buy so I can have a thief in a Girls only run without having to reclass Nyx, but Anna was on-cart DLC and fuck supporting that.

PK Gaming

Yikes I just suffered my first major loss

Literally had the chapter 20 boss dead to rights, but I got greedy and made Niles go for a chest. FalconKnight Reinforcements came in and I couldn't outrun them.

The chest contained 10k too :<

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just beat Ch.20 Conquest tonight, what a great feeling!

I have no IDEA how you people are able to beat maps like that on Classic mode on your first playthrough. I made it like 15 turns save scumming before I lost a unit...

Top Bottom