• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Man Rev Silas has crazy amount of HP.

For real. My Silas is level 20/11 I think and he still doesn't have 39 HP lol.

In fact, at 20/11, his stats are 35/23/2/25/21/20/21/15.

Skill and Speed are pretty much the only things significantly better than Rev Silas' base stats. And that's not even factoring in the promotion stat boost.

I finished my first run las night, what a good game, enjoyed every moment.
I did Birthright with a female character.

If I want to do a second play, do I have to start it from scratch? (I mean where the paths divide) or anything carry over? Like relationships and stuff, and how different feels the other two paths? I'm not sure if I'm up to see to do many repetitive missions again. And If I do, I'm going to do "casual", it was really a pain to avoid any death in the last 3 or 4 missions.

BTW: It was my first fire emblem ever.

demidar

If I want to do a second play, do I have to start it from scratch? (I mean where the paths divide) or anything carry over? Like relationships and stuff, and how different feels the other two paths? I'm not sure if I'm up to see to do many repetitive missions again. And If I do, I'm going to do "casual", it was really a pain to avoid any death in the last 3 or 4 missions.

Your rewards from Castle Battles and Visits carries over, which you can use to quickly get some weapons. But that's pretty much it.

Your rewards from Castle Battles and Visits carries over, which you can use to quickly get some weapons. But that's pretty much it.

So, how do you build relationships and get married? Inviting the same person over and over to your quarters?

Because in the time give I didn't build any love relationship with anyone =(, I didn't do scouts tough, only the challenges in between missions.

Azuran

Banned
So, how do you build relationships and get married? Inviting the same person over and over to your quarters?

Because in the time give I didn't build any love relationship with anyone =(, I didn't do scouts tough, only the challenges in between missions.

Two characters get support points when they paired up or fight side by side. You see hearts after an attack if two or more units have a support with each other. So if you want to marry two characters, you keep them together in the battlefield until they reach S rank.

NeonZ

There's also the logbook (the 5 units that you registered at the end of the game). You can recruit them in another file for gold or buy skills from them for their counterparts in your current game.

Characters gain support points fighting beside each other, curing each other, dancing or attacking/being attacked while using Pair Up. After they gain enough points, you can watch a Support conversation, which afterwards raises the bonuses that they gain when fighting together. In order to achieve marriage, like mentioned above, you need to get all four conversations (C, B, A and finally S ranking).

Javier

Oh, good to know, and how different is a second play from another path? I think I may go with revelations now.
If you have all three routes, it's recommended to save Revelation for last.

The routes differ from each other in that the characters you recruit are different (mostly Hoshidians for Birthright and Nohrians for Conquest, although some characters are available in more than one route), the story plays from a different POV, and the maps are also different (a few maps are available in more than one route, but the objective and enemy placement is different).

PK Gaming

Cfx-JnuUEAAbKTZ.jpg

I don't think Xander was ever supposed to have 38 Speed, but life finds a way

What's better? New game or Branch of Fate? If it makes a difference I plan on changing Corrin's gender.

If you change gender at branch of fate your servant (Felicia or Jakob, whichever is opposite your gender) will start at level 1 instead of having the levels they would have gotten because you technically used the other servant.

Renewed

Ignore if posted already, it's a video analyzing the Japanese motifs in Hoshido.

I find it extremely cool that this guy managed to get the actual dub actress of Sakura/Charlotte to collaborate. Seems like a pretty small channel all things considered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCq0TFuuAAM&index=1&list=LLD6LhqGqB1TacteM3dggvNA&nohtml5=False

That was a really good watch. It was nice to see the things I missed explained. I'd love to see the Conquest video, subbed

Azuran

Banned
+5 Speed from Charlotte, +2 Speed from the Speed tonic, +1 Speed from Defender, +1 Speed from the mess hall meal and I gave him all of my Speed wings.

Charlotte gives him +8 Strength too.

Phew I thought you got most of that speed from godly level ups and I was about to curse you forever for it.

PK Gaming

It's kind of a bummer that nobody will ever know how much Treehouse improved characters like Camilla, Forrest and more in the localized verison

TheChaos

It's kind of a bummer that nobody will ever know how much Treehouse improved characters like Camilla, Forrest and more in the localized verison

I looked at the original Japanese conversations for Niles and my God it's embarrassing. Every other word that comes out of his mouth has to do with sadism and inflicting pain.

Props to Treehouse for cleaning up his dialogue.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
How does Revelation on Hard/Classic compare with Conquest on Hard/Casual?

I'm thinking of buying Rev but wondering if I will even enjoy it as much as Conquest...

How does Revelation on Hard/Classic compare with Conquest on Hard/Casual?

I'm thinking of buying Rev but wondering if I will even enjoy it as much as Conquest...

gameplay is a massive step down, especially early on where your non-Corrin/servant units will suck at join time

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ah maybe ill just have more fun doing a conquest classic hard run with no restarts. I've really enjoyed the maps, if Rev isn't interesting then I'll save my money.

I really have no care for the characters or story.

Moonlight

Banned

tauroxd

Ignore if posted already, it's a video analyzing the Japanese motifs in Hoshido.

I find it extremely cool that this guy managed to get the actual dub actress of Sakura/Charlotte to collaborate. Seems like a pretty small channel all things considered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCq0TFuuAAM&index=1&list=LLD6LhqGqB1TacteM3dggvNA&nohtml5=False

Thanks! I really liked that video, especially the
music
stuff! I will check out the Nohr one!

i need to take a seat

Hahahaha had a similar reaction.

I just unlocked Kana, and I'm wondering if I should use that Offspring Seal immediately or not. Hinoka is her mother, if that helps.

I think the dragon transformations are so lame...

Shinypogs

I just unlocked Kana, and I'm wondering if I should use that Offspring Seal immediately or not. Hinoka is her mother, if that helps.

You can always heart seal kana to another promoted class best suiting their stats (or use scrolls from the path bonuses if you have them.) and to get helpfull skills after you offspring seal them. I have personally found Kana is typically a good tank with the dragonstone though and you can always press start during their turn in battle to skip to the result and forego the animations.

I would suggest using the seal now so you can start getting more exp on her since both versions where hinoka can be her mother allow you to grind exp so you won't be losing a limited resource if she doesn't end up on your final team.

Javier

If you use any class-changing item before the Offspring Seal, then the Offspring Seal becomes unusable. So yeah, just promote her right away with it. She's Lv.20 if she has one anyway, so she won't be gaining any levels until she promotes.

Xenoflare

Any DLCs (including the Japanese ones) gives stat boosters as rewards? I'm looking for Arms Scrolls.

I find it ridiculous that you can't increase weapon ranks in DLC/Castle battles in Conquest. The 0 exp part I get and I like that, but no weapon rank exp is just mean.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Any DLCs (including the Japanese ones) gives stat boosters as rewards? I'm looking for Arms Scrolls.

I find it ridiculous that you can't increase weapon ranks in DLC/Castle battles in Conquest. The 0 exp part I get and I like that, but no weapon rank exp is just mean.

I feel like Wexp is balanced around not changing classes, unless a character is fortunate enough for their other classes to use the same weapon.

Xenoflare

I feel like Wexp is balanced around not changing classes, unless a character is fortunate enough for their other classes to use the same weapon.

Only about 2-3 characters got to Rank A without the help of scrolls

I find that be a bit ridiculous. I never would really use the weapons that requires but the bonus characters receive from the ranks are worth it to me.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Unless you don't have any flying units. :(

I probably could have beaten that chapter so much faster that way. The worst part was that stupid critical hit gate.

Chrom

The Anna you recruit from Anna on the Run comes with an Arms Scroll in her inventory, but I'm pretty sure that's it as far as DLC goes.

Royal Royale also rewards you with a stat booster depending on which team member you pick at the beginning, but none of them are an Arms Scroll. A Gift from Anna 2, currently Japan only, allows you to pick up a Boots if you choose it.

Conquest Chapter 25 is killing me, those damn ninjas in the hallways are impossible to kill not to mention even if you manage to get through the wall you'll probably be dead before then.

Shinypogs

Conquest Chapter 25 is killing me, those damn ninjas in the hallways are impossible to kill not to mention even if you manage to get through the wall you'll probably be dead before then.
Team and difficulty?

Are you trying to clear the whole map or just going up one side?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Entrap and freeze are your friends.

I was able to kill the spy shuriken ninjas with entrap and lure the master of arms at the top of the hall by attacking the one in the middle. If you can do that, that side becomes pretty easy. Especially if you also have some freeze to use too.

Team and difficulty?

Are you trying to clear the whole map or just going up one side?

I'm playing on hard mode and I split my team in both sides. The left side I have Effie,Leo, Kaze, nyx, silas,shura, and beruka while on the right I have Jakob, Camila, Azura, Selena, xander, and elise. I can get through the left side fine for the most part. The right side is when it becomes extremely difficult because of master ninjas and weapon masters.

Entrap and freeze are your friends.

I was able to kill the spy shuriken ninjas with entrap and lure the master of arms at the top of the hall by attacking the one in the middle. If you can do that, that side becomes pretty easy. Especially if you also have some freeze to use too.

Problem is that I used up all my entraps on Chapter 23 and now I'm out. I do have about 4 freezes I could use but even then its still hard.

PK Gaming

[Conquest] Chapter 25 was really solid

The mission and the content itself. The story is riddled with flaws, but I think there legitimate moments where it truly shines. Moments that make you think "damn, this could have been really good story with some better writing." I really wish chapter 15 didn't happen, and that Corrin and co had to deal with Garon some other way.

Ryoma was too good for this Earth

champloo

I'm playing on hard mode and I split my team in both sides. The left side I have Effie,Leo, Kaze, nyx, silas,shura, and beruka while on the right I have Jakob, Camila, Azura, Selena, xander, and elise. I can get through the left side fine for the most part. The right side is when it becomes extremely difficult because of master ninjas and weapon masters.

Problem is that I used up all my entraps on Chapter 23 and now I'm out. I do have about 4 freezes I could use but even then its still hard.

You could probably clear the left side first and double back so that you have all your strongest units for the right side. That's what I did after a failed attempt to do both side at once.

Is there any way to update an avatar based on the actual unit, or do I have to beat the endgame again? For example, I taught my avatar a new skill after beating endgame. The einherjar that I made after the credits doesn't have that skill. Do I have to beat ot again so the einherjar has that skill?

Top Bottom