• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Best mage killer is Felicia hands down. Tomebreaker OP yo.
Tomebreaker doesn't matter when you have like 40 resistance lol

Kaze is good because ninjas are OP and having no-penalty 1-2 range attacks, the best chip and really high +spd pair ups are great. Kaze is a fucking badass. The real person I think that's too overrated is Effie, like, she's very good but she's still an armor at the end of the day (or at least until she promotes).
So has it been determined that Lunatic growths are predetermined and identical across saves or if they're just randomly precalculated earlier and fixed per save?
The latter, Lunatic just makes it so you can't save scum, they aren't fixed in the sense that characters will hit their average stats every time.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So has it been determined that Lunatic growths are predetermined and identical across saves or if they're just randomly precalculated earlier and fixed per save?

Azuran

Banned

Kaze is good because ninjas are OP and having no-penalty 1-2 range attacks, the best chip and really high +spd pair ups are great. Kaze is a fucking badass. The real person I think that's too overrated is Effie, like, she's very good but she's still an armor at the end of the day (or at least until she promotes).

I always laugh at how Steel Shurikens have a -3 SPD penalty. Like how in the world is that going to affect Kaze when he outspeeds everyone by 20 points?

Also, this has nothing to do with rankings but I have to say Kaze's Needle is the best character weapon especially in the early game. -4 debuff to enemies along with 4+ SPD buffs to allies is crazy good.

PK Gaming

I know it's just your opinion, and I don't want this to be a long back and forth argument. I just find so much wrong with this analysis.

This is a very complex game, and practically everyone has yet to even scratch the surface. I still haven't even used some of the units.

I'm certainly no expert, but I think that at least one run of Conquest Lunatic can provide a somewhat informed opinion of unit usability.

The viability of units changes drastically from Hard to Lunatic. I made a post about fixed growths and this will strongly affect some units.

On Hard difficulty, every single unit performs well. Arthur, in particular, will benefit massively from his great growths on low difficulties. Even Nyx would perform well on Hard or lower.

Arthur ended as a level 15 Berserker on my Lunatic file. I kept him in the same class, because I didn't want to spend Gold on Sealing him. His performance was solid, but the Lunatic growths have screwed him up a bit.

I used Midori's Paralogue (without saving) to level him up, and check his level 20 stats. He has 54 HP (without HP +5), 39 STR, 36 SKL (capped), 27 SPD, 19 DEF, 8 RES. His MAG and LCK are both 0. His DEF and SPD are lower than usual, but this is still usable on Lunatic.

Units who performed well in Hard may not even be viable at all depending on how Lunatic growths treat you. This is why Corrin, Azura, Camilla, Elise, Leo, and Xander are the only true staple characters on any playthrough. Kaze and Niles may be staples just for their utility and mage/flier killing.

You can't afford to set aside multiple deployment slots for pure pair-up fodder, so your reasoning for giving Gunter, Charlotte, and Nyx very high ratings compared to potentially better combat units is kind of weak.

Mozu is bad for LTC players, but she can actually work on Lunatic! I actually made her an Archer and promoted to Sniper. She required too much babying, so I will ignore her in later playthroughs. But she does get good stats. My Mozu capped STR and SPD, though her defenses are slightly squishy. She was actually useful for some chapters.

Whenever I have time to do subsequent Lunatic runs, I will seriously attempt to use Laslow/Selena, Peri, Beruka, Benny, and Nyx because these are the units that I don't have experience with. I only used Charlotte on Hard, but have already witnessed her horrible performance as a high level Berserker. I won't even test Charlotte on Lunatic, since I now know that Arthur is much better despite his Luck. Nyx's atrocious early game performance turned me off from using her on Hard, but I never actually invested in her. It will be interesting to see if she ever redeems herself (on Lunatic, nonetheless!).

I have confidence that Beruka, Benny, Peri, and one of the Mercenaries (can't use both) will be able to perform their roles well. They obviously won't carry like Corrin and his siblings, but they will probably be able to contribute. I think Nyx will struggle, but I want to switch things up.

I haven't played Lunatic(yet), but i'm somewhat familiar with it. Enemy count, AI, stats, and abilities are tweaked, so how you approach it is different, but I definitely don't the buy the argument that unit viability changes significantly on Lunatic. The major thing to note is how you approach each chapter since your strategy will be different. Your argument that dedicated pair up units are waste literally does not make sense to me. How is setting aside a single deployment slot to give Xander +8 Strength/+5 Speed a waste? You yourself have noted the 6 (really 7 considering Lunatic Jakob super good) staples that are usable, which gives you plenty of room to use dedicated pair ups. Seriously, who is a better pick for Corrin than the servants, who have personals that greatly boost Corrin's combat and durability? The final chapters give you an excess of units to choose from (Endgame lets you pick 16). If anything, Lunatic makes you lean into using pair ups even more considering its the optimal strategy.

Mozu is garbage. I'm serious. You don't need her as an archer when Niles performs her job way better (without wasting a heart seal or spending time in E-rank hell)

EDIT: Fates has been out for almost a year. The people who've imported it have more or less cracked it at this point, so unit viability and optimal strategies aren't really a mystery.

Moonlight

Banned
Kaze:

Already been discussed, but Kaze benefits tremendously from being the lone starting Ninja of Conquest, and even then, certainly makes for a better one than Laslow would. Ludicrous resistance, ludicrous speed, nearly unparalleled availability and utility on top of everything else with Locktouch. Later, you're spoiled for choice because both of his promotion options are amazing (though I'm inclined to say Mechanist is better for him). His only downside is that you don't naturally get a weapon that's maximum overdrive for him like Felicia does, but that's still totally fine when he's doubling so much and Poison Strike exists anyways. And hey, Lethality is funny when it actually works when your opponent wasn't about to die from a hit anyways (just like crits, rip).

Selena:

First up, Selena starts the game with very solid growths in most areas. She can double most anything from the get go, and her speed snowballs so much that even the fastest enemies in Conquest are liable to get doubled by her, never mind without the help of tonics or support partners. She has good bulk and good defense, and very good growths for both. Combined with her speed, she's immediately practical to send out, which is good because she arrives at Chapter 10, land of experience spikes.

Yeah, she has low strength bases and mediocre growth in that department, but here's my secret to fixing that. Just pair her up with Arthur, whom is a big bundle of strength and skill. Keaton is another good pick for her. Or you could pair her up with Wyvern Lord Camilla. Beruka fits with her well, too. Peri does in a pinch. If you absolutely need to for whatever reason, Xander also repairs her strength. Selena is spoiled for supports that fix her weakpoint. I don't think skill is that big of a deal since you're usually going to get 'enough' unless you're really unlucky. She doesn't need anything else, maybe some tonics if you really wanna push her limits because she'll just slap so many people down.

I think the beauty of Selena is honestly that it's basically impossible for her not to suit the needs of your army in some way, too. No one fucks up by sending her into Pegasus Knight, though she does need to deal with E-hell, which isn't that bad that early, and as you said, the combination of flight, stave access, and great skills only she can use (or gift) make taking that route incredible for utility. But if you don't feel like you need that, she has two other amazing classes open to her.

Hero locks down her survivability with the bump in her HP growth and early access to Sol, which is of course an incredibly strong skill for keeping a character sustained, and again, Selena is tough enough and fast enough that she's not living off her proc rate, ignoring Guard Stance body blocks on top of all that. It's, IMO, her best class, since it compensates for Selena's weaker areas and Axebreaker down the line is still quite good for later. But Bow Knight cranks up her movement and gives her a decent ranged option that pairs nicely with her existing stat spread, on top of the goodness of Shurikenbreaker. It's all good stuff.

I think her only downside is that her Personal is really neat and flavourful, but it's also essentially useless.

in short:

selena owns, and her only real flaw is that laslow is so much harder to justify with her around

PK Gaming

Re: some rankings, mostly Nyx
It's mostly dictated less by their usefulness as pair-up bots and more how they apply as units. Nyx rises with that in consideration, but IMO she's the worst combat unit in Conquest with the least potential. I'll concede Gunter is still pretty alright in this regard and his bases/pre-promote status inherently bumps him, but I think when Effie and arguably Peri or Silas exist, it's hard for me to find room for him. Perhaps I'm just sentimental!

Re: Arthur
My thing about Arthur is that I think he's inherently made less good by the fact that Camilla and Beruka exist - two units with the same weapon, a better class, and way less investment.

With that in mind, I've underrated him compared to Charlotte, I'll admit (though she does have a more relevant Personal with assuredly less terrible implications), and while she doesn't need to be fed boosters (maybe a Dracoshield?) she has about as hard a time as Arthur getting started thanks to starting map context and less availability.

Re: Mozu
I actually think Mozu is super lame in Conquest, but mostly it was a bone thrown to the people who do see value in her, and she's... like, if you really want to use her, Conquest is a better space for her than Birthright, since you're choked for available archers anyways. Not that Niles and his kid if you really want her aren't enough, but with enough time she does compare decently to conditionally better than Niles in some areas. The question, of course, is how much time and how much payoff, but while her potential is in actuality quite underwhelming in spite of her gimmick, it's still decent (if neutered by her crap bases) and paired up with a pretty decent class.

Okay, that makes sense. Usefulness as a pair up bot value should definitely be a taken into account though, since the pair up bonuses provide incontrovertible benefits. Like, Xander goes from being an impenetrable God unit to an impenetrable God unit that can double with Charlotte support. I also got way more use out of Gunter than my Silas, who was just kind of okay at combat? In Nyx's case, only Leo (and I guess Odin) really wanted her, so I'll concede that's not that valuable overall. She really helps him a lot though, hence my bias.

As for Arthur, he's definitely outdone by Camilla (like most of your units), but I disagree that Beruka competes with him. Beruka's combat will drop off since her Speed growth is poor and her Strength is sketchy, whereas Arthur's combat gets better and better (and straight up amazing when he picks up Sol, which is an early post promotion skill). They don't really compete with each other, imo. If anything, they pair off nicely together. Arthur wants defense and movement while Beruka appreciates the speed and power.

And row, row fight the power man! Gotta be a 100% impartial and leave the bone throwing to Keaton's (wife). I really like Mozu a lot, but she requires so much investment for a payoff that's not really worth it (Niles and his disgusting 9 move horse more or less have you covered on the arching front). Like Mozu always requires tons and levels to be good, whereas Nyx can pretty much be a pair up pot from inception (though you really want to promote her to Adventurer), which is why I consider her more valuable.

I kind of hate Sol now because Corrin procced it against the final boss of Revelation and it lowered his damage and almost had to reset because of it.

And Mozu is definitely F tier.

No first-gen unit can reproduce his role, so he seems somewhat necessary on Conquest. His high SPD, RES, debuffing, and poison are important on this route. The Hunter's Knife makes him useful for fighting Kitsune, Horses, and Pegasus Knights. His utility and mage killing is extremely useful, and he even made the eastern room on Chapter 26 easy! Even Low STR growth on Lunatic didn't stop him from saving my tail.

Effie and Keaton were definitely two of my strongest non-royal units, and made very good combat contributions on my recent run. I would say they are a cut above many non-royals, but neither are actually essential. So yeah, Effie is overrated. She will be doing a lot of early game carrying (which does mean something), but she no longer becomes needed when you have a full party. She can be replaced with another tanky unit.

I haven't played Lunatic(yet), but i'm somewhat familiar with it. Enemy count, AI, stats, and abilities are tweaked, so how you approach it is different, but I definitely don't the buy the argument that unit viability changes significantly on Lunatic. The major thing to note is how you approach each chapter since your strategy will be different. Your argument that dedicated pair up units are waste literally does not make sense to me. How is setting aside a single deployment slot to give Xander +8 Strength/+5 Speed a waste? You yourself have noted the 6 (really 7 considering Lunatic Jakob super good) staples that are usable, which gives you plenty of room to use dedicated pair ups. Seriously, who is a better pick for Corrin than the servants, who have personals that greatly boost Corrin's combat and durability? The final chapters give you an excess of units to choose from (Endgame lets you pick 16). If anything, Lunatic makes you lean into using pair ups even more considering its the optimal strategy.

Mozu is garbage. I'm serious. You don't need her as an archer when Niles performs her job way better (without wasting a heart seal or spending time in E-rank hell)

EDIT: Fates has been out for almost a year. The people who've imported it have more or less cracked it at this point, so unit viability and optimal strategies aren't really a mystery.

I didn't actually say that dedicated pair-up bots were a waste, but I do believe that the pair-up bonuses of units should not be a measure of their usefulness in comparison to other units. Charlotte's pair bonuses can basically be matched by supporting Xander with Berserker Beruka. Technically, any other female works, since they can get the Berserker class by Friendship or Partner Sealing. I personally fixed Xander's speed issue by supporting him with other fast units like Kaze. I would rotate between different support partners because units cannot and should not stay glued together 24/7, unlike Awakening.

Having one or two pair-up bots on large deployment maps won't make them unwinnable, but some maps have restricted deployment. You will need your A-team to clear out the enemy formations in the latter case. In this case, staffbots, rallybots, and Azura will be providing the utility because you simply can't afford to deploy a weak pair-up partner.

Mozu is by no means necessary, but I did make her work without compromising the overall strength of my team. I don't regret feeding her EXP, because there were times when she contributed. Her ability to reliably hit and hurt stuff is honestly more than what some of the lesser Conquest units can accomplish.

PK Gaming

I didn't actually say that dedicated pair-up bots were a waste, but I do believe that the pair-up bonuses of units should not be a measure of their usefulness in comparison to other units. Charlotte's pair bonuses can basically be matched by supporting Xander with Berserker Beruka. Technically, any other female works, since they can get the Berserker class by Friendship or Partner Sealing. I personally fixed Xander's speed issue by supporting him with other fast units like Kaze. I would rotate between different support partners because units cannot and should not stay glued together 24/7, unlike Awakening.

Having one or two pair-up bots on large deployment maps won't make them unwinnable, but some maps have restricted deployment. You will need your A-team to clear out the enemy formations in the latter case. In this case, staffbots, rallybots, and Azura will be providing the utility because you simply can't afford to deploy a weak pair-up partner.

Mozu is by no means necessary, but I did make her work without compromising the overall strength of my team. I don't regret feeding her EXP, because there were times when she contributed. Her ability to reliably hit and hurt stuff is honestly more than what some of the lesser Conquest units can accomplish.

They can't be matched because you forgot to take character specific pair up bonuses into account. At S-rank, Charlotte gives her husband 3 Strength and 2 Speed, on top of the 5 Strength / 3 Speed that Berserkers give. Hence the reason why she's basically infamous for her pair up boosts. And I flatly disagree with your assertion that units cannot stayed glued to units. Charlotte never left Xander's side, and my team benefited from the fact that he could double constantly. Again, the game gives an ample amount of units to deploy in a given map. Chapters 22-27(aka the most difficult stretch in the game) gives you 15-16 units to use. Some chapters (like 20 and 21) are actually better with a smaller unit count with dedicated pair ups. Straight up, you will never not have enough units with optimal pairings. I've said my piece on Mozu already, but to reiterate; a strictly player base unit with average mobility (unlike Niles), crappy bases, who requires a heart seal to be functional (not even good, functional) cannot be anything but the worst unit in the game.

Just started Lunatic and i'm 8 chapters in. Fixed growths honestly have their pros and cons. It sucks not being able to avoid a crap level up, but on the other hand, always getting a superb level up (despite screwing up) is the best feeling. Kaze's a pretty good Xander pair, and he gets 1 move out of it. Might try that...

I like Camilla and I try my best with her but both conquest runs had her use in the last third of the game being a ferry and pairup for keaton. She never really falls off as a combat unit for me and can one shot the unit types that are supposed to threaten her but keaton just grows into such a better unit so fast.

If effie is my fav defensive unit in conquest then velouria and keaton are tied for fave offensive units.

Mrrgle, I want to do my next planned conquest run now where I use new builds and try more units then my usual staples but I need to finish rev first.

That's funny, because Keaton is a great pairup bot for Camilla, +7 strength/+4 speed/+2 defense is almost as lol as Charlotte's bonuses.

then you pair up Effie!Percy and Camilla!Velouria for maximum lols

anyway as far as deployment goes, you never need more than about 5 lead units, so there's plenty of room for pairup bots

Shinypogs

That's funny, because Keaton is a great pairup bot for Camilla, +7 strength/+4 speed/+2 defense is almost as lol as Charlotte's bonuses.

then you pair up Effie!Percy and Camilla!Velouria for maximum lols

anyway as far as deployment goes, you never need more than about 5 lead units, so there's plenty of room for pairup bots

Camilla dodged more often than Keaton when they were paired up but Keaton has that sweet heal and he (and eventually his daughter) crit a ridiculously common amount so they tended to be my frontlliners along with Effie the wall and Xander of fuck you I am crown prince.

my next conquest run will be hard/classic. ( feel free to give advice on my plans, thoughts on adjustments etc)
Mu as a +str/- magic ninja into master ninja or mechanist depending on what I think the team needs more at the time and how my stats are panning out. Married to Benny because I was running out of useful males whose kids I wasn't going to ruin/ give redundant inherited class sets to.

Camilla!Velouria married to Iggy. Gotta have at least once wolfskin even if I am mostly branching out this time.

Niles!Shigure, Kinshi knight, not sure who to make his pairup partner.

Elise!Ophelia, never used her ( or any real pure mage since it was usually MU or kana with dragonstones or as a dark knight) before so may as while try her out now.

Leo as my other main source of magic paired up with Peri.

Elise as healer, xander can be pairup fodder for her this run.

Charlotte!Soleil: Hero of loving the ladies, will keep mom as a pairup since it will help with her personal skill.

Effie!Percy: Berserker ( pairup partner undecided)

I think this should be a well rounded enough team to deal with anything they run into.

PK Gaming

F!Corrin + Paladin Jakob is absolute insanity

They're a high movement, super powered, invincible killing duo

CgMzzcIUYAA9pbX.jpg

Look at this monstrosity. I was strength screwed too (only gained 2 strength in 7 levels)

Agreed, Mozu is just awful I tried my best to make her work but she ended up being a hassle to keep up with and theres so many better characters out there. For me my top 5 are probably( in no order)

Camila

Xander

Effie

Elise

Leo

Hero

Xander is a level 16 Paladin, should I reclass him into a Great Knight to grab the skills? Or maybe Lodestar or Dark Flier? Decisions decisions...

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Agreed, Mozu is just awful I tried my best to make her work but she ended up being a hassle to keep up with and theres so many better characters out there. For me my top 5 are probably( in no order)

Camila

Xander

Effie

Elise

Leo
All the sibling plus children units are gonna outclass everyone else.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
F!Corrin + Paladin Jakob is absolute insanity

They're a high movement, super powered, invincible killing duo

CgMzzcIUYAA9pbX.jpg

Look at this monstrosity. I was strength screwed too (only gained 2 strength in 7 levels)

That's almost as strong as my level 26 Jakob as a Paladin. Which is why I ditched him.

Camilla dodged more often than Keaton when they were paired up but Keaton has that sweet heal and he (and eventually his daughter) crit a ridiculously common amount so they tended to be my frontlliners along with Effie the wall and Xander of fuck you I am crown prince.

my next conquest run will be hard/classic. ( feel free to give advice on my plans, thoughts on adjustments etc)
Mu as a +str/- magic ninja into master ninja or mechanist depending on what I think the team needs more at the time and how my stats are panning out. Married to Benny because I was running out of useful males whose kids I wasn't going to ruin/ give redundant inherited class sets to.

Camilla!Velouria married to Iggy. Gotta have at least once wolfskin even if I am mostly branching out this time.

Niles!Shigure, Kinshi knight, not sure who to make his pairup partner.

Elise!Ophelia, never used her ( or any real pure mage since it was usually MU or kana with dragonstones or as a dark knight) before so may as while try her out now.

Leo as my other main source of magic paired up with Peri.

Elise as healer, xander can be pairup fodder for her this run.

Charlotte!Soleil: Hero of loving the ladies, will keep mom as a pairup since it will help with her personal skill.

Effie!Percy: Berserker ( pairup partner undecided)

I think this should be a well rounded enough team to deal with anything they run into.

Is this your first time on Hard? You're doing a lot of marriages, so you have nothing to worry about because of the massive Paralogue EXP. Some may argue that doing Paralogues actually cheapens the difficulty. The Nohr children maps are brutal, so I don't feel guilty about doing them at all.

I did only 4 Paralogues on Lunatic, and I have 10 units that are max level. I also have a few children and utility units at 15-16 promoted. If you already know the maps by heart, try bumping up the difficulty if you already experienced Hard/Classic.

I'm playing Birthright instead of Conquest, but the payoff for Mozu seems absolutely worth it, she's outclassing just about everyone in my game, only Corrin and Hana comes close (Ryoma and Takumi are pretty good too but mainly due to their weapons). Never misses, one shots most enemies, has another arrow for those that survive, and a pretty good crit rate to boot. Maybe I just got super lucky with the RNG?

Sniper Mozu (20/6)

Str: 27
Mag: 6
Skl: 29 ( 31 if you include Skill +2)
Spd: 31
Lck: 20
Def: 22
Res: 14

I thought pairing her with Corrin would result in an awesome Kana, but so far Kana has been good, not great. I did seem to get better results if I leveled Kana manually than if I just used the offspring seal, is this normal or just for kids with Aptitude?

I'm playing Birthright instead of Conquest, but the payoff for Mozu seems absolutely worth it, she's outclassing just about everyone in my game, only Corrin and Hana comes close (Ryoma and Takumi are pretty good too but mainly due to their weapons). Never misses, one shots most enemies, has another arrow for those that survive, and a pretty good crit rate to boot. Maybe I just got super lucky with the RNG?

Sniper Mozu (20/6)

Str: 27
Mag: 6
Skl: 29 ( 31 if you include Skill +2)
Spd: 31
Lck: 20
Def: 22
Res: 14

I thought pairing her with Corrin would result in an awesome Kana, but so far Kana has been good, not great. I did seem to get better results if I leveled Kana manually than if I just used the offspring seal, is this normal or just for kids with Aptitude?

Your experience matches up with what I get on my both of my Mozu. Honestly, she is well worth the exp if you choose to use her. Make her an archer, and she'll pay you back with interest in the work she does. I had her taking defensive turns on Conquest because her stats were too good to pass up. I think her worst stat for me was HP, but that wasn't much of an issue with a seraph robe (28 hp at 20/18 sniper). For all the... cautions people put on using her, I'd say she is easily one of the better units you get. She just isn't pre-packaged like some of the others, but easily ends up just as good if not better than them.

As for Kana, never bothered using her, and I paired Corrin up with Nyx. I didn't need Kana to fill a roll in my team. Mozu!Soleil on the other hand tore the enemy up, just like her mom. She also had better hp to boot.

Shinypogs

Is this your first time on Hard? You're doing a lot of marriages, so you have nothing to worry about because of the massive Paralogue EXP. Some may argue that doing Paralogues actually cheapens the difficulty. The Nohr children maps are brutal, so I don't feel guilty about doing them at all.

I did only 4 Paralogues on Lunatic, and I have 10 units that are max level. I also have a few children and utility units at 15-16 promoted. If you already know the maps by heart, try bumping up the difficulty if you already experienced Hard/Classic.

Yeah I've done conquest twice on normal/classic to get a hang of the series since these were my first fe games though not my first in the genre. Completed birthright on hard and 13 chapters through rev on hard. I missed conquest though and have watched lets plays of hard mode runs and can see where they really differ from normal. I'd try lunatic but fixed growths could ruin my plans if the units I plan to use are destined to suck that run despite my best plans and careful use of stat boosters.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to certain paralogues post chapter 18 (for the kids I dont plan to pick up early ) but then again I favour conquest for the challenge so :)

Once I do my third conquest run I'm going to take a crack at awakening and some of the older games in the series.

Speaking of chapter 13 in revelations. A certain lobster and his lady friend only lived because literally none of my units even my promoted MC could hit him without taking lethal dmg back if he landed both his hits or crit them. I cleared the map and two sets of reinforcements and then went to take him down but had to just complete the map objective instead. Damn him!

Lynx_7

My experience in Conquest was pretty much the same as far as she's concerned. I can't say she outclassed everyone else because Xander, Keaton, Velouria and Leo exist, but whenever I needed any unit dead she could usually get the job done with very few exceptions (and most times she just critted those exceptions anyway due to her good crit rates).

Mozu is like the only unit with a 100% hit chance on everything in a game where the RNG loves to screw with you and she can ORKO much more consistently than Niles which is the only other 1st gen bow user you get in Conquest. You gotta babysit her on her prologue and possibly a couple chapters more if you really want Underdog, but as soon as she picks up a bow she is instantly more useful than units like Odin and Nyx, specially for killing off flying units that manage to get too far on chapter 10. People really overrate how much trouble it is to get her up to a useful level. Only reason I'm not using her on Birthright is because I wanna focus on the Hoshido exclusive characters, and you already get plenty of bow users in this route anyway. (though Setsuna is shit)

My experience in Conquest was pretty much the same as far as she's concerned. I can't say she outclassed everyone else because Xander, Keaton, Velouria and Leo exist, but whenever I needed any unit dead she could usually get the job done with very few exceptions (and sometimes she just critted those exceptions anyway due to her good crit rates).

Mozu is like the only unit with a 100% hit chance on everything in a game where the RNG loves to screw with you and she can ORKO much more consistently than Niles which is the only other 1st gen bow user you get. You gotta babysit her on her prologue and possibly a couple chapters more if you really want Underdog, but as soon as she picks up a bow she is instantly more useful than units like Odin and Nyx, specially for killing off flying units that manage to get too far on chapter 10. People really overrate how much trouble it is to get her up to a useful level.

being more useful than Odin and Nyx isn't an achievement because Odin and Nyx are bad

comparing Mozu's combat (after burning an early Heart Seal!) to Niles' misses the point anyway because his utility comes from more than just being a bow user

Add Arthur to the list as well. That already covers the number of characters you'll be benching in the beginning so you're not losing anyone worthwhile to invest on her.

I guess if you care that much about reclassing early for skills then you're probably better off without her, though you'll still get enough money on Conquest to buy plenty of Heart Seals anyway. Not to mention My Castle farming, though I didn't use the feature so I can understand others also not wanting to skill shop with it.

you only have one Heart Seal until Haitaka, and two characters that want one (Corrin/Jakob), unless you're castle hopping

Lynx_7

being more useful than Odin and Nyx isn't an achievement because Odin and Nyx are bad

comparing Mozu's combat (after burning an early Heart Seal!) to Niles' misses the point anyway because his utility comes from more than just being a bow user

Add Arthur to the list as well. That already covers the number of characters you'll be benching in the beginning so you're not losing anyone worthwhile to invest on her.

I guess if you care that much about reclassing early for skills then you're probably better off without her, though you'll still get enough money on Conquest to buy plenty of Heart Seals anyway. Not to mention My Castle farming, though I didn't use the feature so I can understand others also not wanting to skill shop with it.

you only have one Heart Seal until Haitaka, and two characters that want one (Corrin/Jakob), unless you're castle hopping
Corrin really doesn't need to reclass that early considering Dragonstone's early game tank usefulness, and if you're male Corrin (which I was) then Jakob is a nonfactor.

Turning Nyx into a Witch seems to have been a good choice. She's getting +1 Skill in every level up so far, which is definitely the most important stat she needs.

Personally, I find Mozu is pretty damn easy to get going, on Conquest Hard at least.

On her paralogue, I use a heart seal on her immediately and have her down a strength tonic, I then methodically clear the map, having her finish enemies off for the XP. She will gain a ton of levels, and thanks to aptitude, will get good to amazing stat increases.

By the time the chapter's over, she's out of E-rank hell and is kind of set for the game really.

I did this before the chapter 8, and even that early on, her combat compared favorably to Niles, who suffers from shaky hit-rates to start.

Renewed

Chapter 10 of Lunatic Conquest was a...thing

It's a good time. I couldn't really find a place to stick Odin so he just drifted and helped clean up. Everything else was typical (Corrin/Jakob handling southeast clubs, break wall to get Dual Club and leave Effie there, ORKO Oboro with Camilla, etc.)

CazTGG

Revelation 26 is perhaps the best summation of the third path: Lots of good individual ideas, but they're put together in such a baffling manner. The whole
3 x 3 healing + dodge grid for Corrin and Azura because...Mikoto is protecting them and not her actual children?
is a fine idea in its own right, but when they're combined with an infinitely respawning enemies who, unlike that one chapter in Conquest, do grant experience upon defeat, just makes for an incredibly exploitable potential for grinding. It's not the worst map that the three games have to offer (Revelation Chapter 7 or 10 still hold that title), but it's such a challenge-lacking and unexciting way to lead into the final chapter and the endgame.

PK Gaming

It's a good time. I couldn't really find a place to stick Odin so he just drifted and helped clean up. Everything else was typical (Corrin/Jakob handling southeast clubs, break wall to get Dual Club and leave Effie there, ORKO Oboro with Camilla, etc.)

Once I mapped the whole thing out I was able to clear it without much difficult, but man coming up with a strategy where everyone survived to the end took time. Very satisfying to clear overall though.

I can't even imagine doing it without Jakob, lmao

Shinypogs

Effie honey I know you deserve a spot on my rev team for all you've done for me in the past but I really really do not need another tank at this point. Its not even the low join level. I would put the time in for you to catch up but there was just no place for what you offer by the time you showed up. Maybe you can come along as a pair up buddy and get a few kills and a level here or there like you did in your join map.

Btw does anyone know if Hoshidan unity stacks with quixotic? I love Nohr but I'm planning to marry leo this run again and he has no skills for nohrian trust to proc whereas my dragonstone MU could use more regular dragon fang and rend heaven procs when I'M done as a basara and seal them to a noble so I can actually use my dragonstone again lol.

CazTGG

The abundance of single support conversation characters in Fates a la Reina, Shura, Gunter
in Conquest only
, etc. is unusual because there's a lot of potentially interesting conversations that could have occurred instead of the sole one dedicated for Corrin.

GSR

Yeah, it's disappointing. And especially odd when you consider there's Gunter+Jakob and Flora+Felicia supports. Even if they didn't want more possible marriages, they could've still done things like Reina+Orochi or Shura+Saizo, etc.

Scarlet/Ryoma should have been possible dammit

Okay how much harder would Birthright Lunatic be compared to Hard Conquest? I'm seriously considering doing it since I'm almost finished with Conquest.

GSR

Okay how much harder would Birthright Lunatic be compared to Hard Conquest? I'm seriously considering doing it since I'm almost finished with Conquest.

I did Conquest Hard -> Birthright Lunatic and found them pretty comparable overall, though the difficulty manifests in different ways. Lategame Birthright tends to throw massive waves of units at you, but they won't have any skills unlike Conquest. Stuff like that.

Moonlight

Banned
The abundance of single support conversation characters in Fates a la Reina, Shura, Gunter
in Conquest only
, etc. is unusual because there's a lot of potentially interesting conversations that could have occurred instead of the sole one dedicated for Corrin.
I am so fucking baffled by the fact Scarlet only has one support. I don't even like Scarlet that much. Why doesn't she have a Ryoma support?!

Flora and Jakob not supporting either is total bullshit, too.

I did Conquest Hard -> Birthright Lunatic and found them pretty comparable overall, though the difficulty manifests in different ways. Lategame Birthright tends to throw massive waves of units at you, but they won't have any skills unlike Conquest. Stuff like that.

Alright well i'll be ballsy then and do it though hopefully I don't regret it later.

Azuran

Banned
I am so fucking baffled by the fact Scarlet only has one support. I don't even like Scarlet that much. Why doesn't she have a Ryoma support?!

Poor Scarlet got Corderlia'd by making Ryoma oblivious to her advances in the DLC.

Intelligent Systems can be such trolls sometimes.

CazTGG

Poor Scarlet got Corderlia'd by making Ryoma oblivious to her advances in the DLC.

Intelligent Systems can be such trolls sometimes.

Ryoma's feelings for her weren't well-hidden since even Corrin and his other siblings make a remark or two about how he feels about her. Even if they were, the support conversations would have been a great opportunity to explore that relationship, as would be the case with other character's like Reina's desire to become a knight regardless of what her parents expected of her.

Also, Cordelia in Awakening being a reference to King Lear and the Cordelia in that story not being able to convey her love for her father is such a nonsensical reason for her not being a marriage option for Chrom, especially given what we see of her relationship with her daughter but that's a minor gripe for that game.

Draxal

IS loves to troll the fanbase. Its also kinda funny that people are complaining about two many relationships and at the same time demanding Flojacob Scaryoma.

Moonlight

Banned
Nah, give me way more supports. I mean, make them good. But more supports!

Speaking of, support conversations that you wanted but didn't get? Omitting super obvious teases. Right now, I'm like...

1. Peri/Reina: Probably the two most outrageously morbid characters in their respective routes. Would love to see them bond over a mutual love for killing things, especially when most people Peri supports with are less than sympathetic with her hobby. I wanted murder mom and murder daughter. orz
2. Ophelia/Nina: They're both dreamers! I was genuinely really surprised they couldn't support because it seemed like a pretty natural fit in terms of how they'd play off one another.
3. Anna/Oboro: Anna should have gotten more supports in general, and Oboro strikes me as a really obvious pick. Only her support with Subaki really addresses the business side of her background as a tailor, and with that in mind they'd play off each other well swapping tips or critiquing how the other runs business.
4. Leo/Oboro: For one, best Hoshidan gal and best Nohrian guy. Like, come on. I'll admit I don't know much about her actual Nohrian supports, but from the outside looking in, I can't help but be disappointed in her options. I like the idea of her coming to terms directly with a member of the royal family, but especially it'd instantly click so much for Forrest.
5. Peri/Felicia: What am I talking about, they already have a support!? Well, they do. It's not great. I think it'd have been more fun if the support were actually about Peri trying to teach Felicia how to actually cook, since it's a pretty fun aspect to her character that they don't take what feels like a natural opportunity to explore.

NeonZ

They probably created her specifically in order
to be one of the characters killed in Revelation
, and so didn't want to give her a full support list in order to avoid making
Revelation miss anything important

Top Bottom