• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

EDarkness

I have a problem. I think my game is bugged. In my castle, it says "New" for Buildings, but it's grayed out when I click on it. It's been this way for several missions and I'm not sure how to fix it.

PK Gaming

CgQjNcqWsAA8-Ee.jpg

Jakob is the best character on Conquest. This isn't even up for debate anymore, his early game contributions are analogous to Seth. Literally the only character in the game where Corrin's personal actually ends up being worthwhile.

EDarkness

Perhaps there's a limit to how many buildings you can have, and you've hit it?

Oh crap, I hadn't thought of that. I decided to delete a statue and it fixed the issue. I guess there is a limit. I'm playing through Revelations now and there's just a sheer number of characters and I've gotten a bunch of statues for many of them. I guess I can only put out so many. Thanks for the help. Whew.

Man, I don't know how you guys play these games on Lunatic difficulty. I'm playing Birthright on Classic and play with a strict "no deaths allowed" policy. I'm on chapter 23 and no matter how many steps I try thinking ahead, someone ends up dying. I do well when I play super defensively, but then each chapter takes at least an hour to beat because I'm spending all my time covering my bases and making sure I'm not playing stupid, and I'm starting to get impatient. Especially considering I'll put 30-40 minutes into a chapter just to have to restart because someone gets hit by a crit or I forget to change weapons after I put somebody somewhere.

This game makes me feel dumb.

Hero

Almost done with Conquest on Hard difficulty with a no death run.

As much as I love Fire Emblem, I'm thinking of doing Revelations on normal as a 'victory' lap run. Is Revelations about the same difficulty as Birthright?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Got around to starting chapter 26. Right at the start I get three crits while I'm trying to wall at the door allowing the enemies to keep attacking and die. So irritating.

I am so ready to be done with this game.

PK Gaming

Man, I don't know how you guys play these games on Lunatic difficulty. I'm playing Birthright on Classic and play with a strict "no deaths allowed" policy. I'm on chapter 23 and no matter how many steps I try thinking ahead, someone ends up dying. I do well when I play super defensively, but then each chapter takes at least an hour to beat because I'm spending all my time covering my bases and making sure I'm not playing stupid, and I'm starting to get impatient. Especially considering I'll put 30-40 minutes into a chapter just to have to restart because someone gets hit by a crit or I forget to change weapons after I put somebody somewhere.

It's a combination of experience that comes from playing FE games and general knowledge (ie: who the good units are, optimal pairs, etc). Birthright levels are legitimately long and even exhausting at times, so don't beat yourself for screwing up and having to restart. Are you turning off battle animations and pressing start during the enemies turn? That should speed things up considerably.

You'll get it eventually, for sure. Birthright Lunatic isn't even that much harder than Hard.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Yeah, Hard it the limit for me. Challenging, but I can still use any of the characters I want and I'm not reaching great levels of frustration. I get why people like Lunatic though, it's just not for me. People that play Lunatic probably look at me refusing to move up from Hard like I look at people who are playing Phoenix Mode.
Which is to say, enjoy the game whichever way is best for you ^_^

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Hard it the limit for me. Challenging, but I can still use any of the characters I want and I'm not reaching great levels of frustration. I get why people like Lunatic though, it's just not for me. People that play Lunatic probably look at me refusing to move up from Hard like I look at people who are playing Phoenix Mode.
Which is to say, enjoy the game whichever way is best for you ^_^

I can understand easier difficulties or even casual mode. But I don't understand who phoenix mode is even for. People who don't care about anything except the support convos? If you want to read those but not play the game why not save your money and read them online?

It's a combination of experience that comes from playing FE games and general knowledge (ie: who the good units are, optimal pairs, etc). Birthright levels are legitimately long and even exhausting at times, so don't beat yourself for screwing and having to restart. Are you turning off battle animations and pressing start during the enemies turn? That should speed things up considerably.

You'll get it eventually, for sure. Birthright Lunatic isn't even that much harder than Hard.

God, you can say that again. I don't remember ever feeling like playing the game was a chore in Awakening (my first Fire Emblem) like I do in Birthright. I plan on playing through a different game or 2 between Birthright and Conquest for a mental reset, but when I finally get around to it can I expect Conquest to have less exhausting chapters?

I can understand easier difficulties or even casual mode. But I don't understand who phoenix mode is even for. People who don't care about anything except the support convos? If you want to read those but not play the game why not save your money and read them online?

I'm guessing its for people that just want to progress through the game without worrying about dying and spend hours retrying the same level again?

Beating Conquest on Hard/Classic proves that you're a very competent Fire Emblem player.

Conquest Lunatic is for masochists. I had a lot of time on my hands to master the strategies needed for the maps, but people with limited free time maybe should not bother.

Beating Conquest on Hard/Classic proves that you're a very competent Fire Emblem player.

Conquest Lunatic is for masochists. I had a lot of time on my hands to master the strategies needed for the maps, but people with limited free time maybe should not bother.

Oh yeah definitely I got my ass kicked plenty of times on Hard mode but I couldn't even imagine doing it on Lunatic. At best I'd probably do Birthright Lunatic but not Conquest Lunatic at the moment lol

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing its for peoplethat just want to progress through the game without worrying about dying and spend hours retrying the same level again?

Casual already does that though.

Chapter 26 was surprisingly easy, will probably beat it on my first "proper" attempt, not counting that bullshit that was a first turn loss on my first attempt. Took the right side and could seize now, but I want to get some experience out of the left side, plus there is a chest. If things look like they could get ugly I can always just end with with seize.

Surprised nothing went horribly wrong. Chest was a waste though, there is like one character in Conquest that can use an A rank shuriken and I'm not using them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Yeah, my friend's reasoning was that she just wanted to have all the support convos and the story. Better to experience it in-game, I guess. She also wants to support Fire Emblem, even bought the CE.

PK Gaming

God, you can say that again. I don't remember ever feeling like playing the game was a chore in Awakening (my first Fire Emblem) like I do in Birthright. I plan on playing through a different game or 2 between Birthright and Conquest for a mental reset, but when I finally get around to it can I expect Conquest to have less exhausting chapters?

Absolutely. Conquest chapters are definitely more challenging, but they're much quicker to clear

champloo

Oh yeah definitely I got my ass kicked plenty of times on Hard mode but I couldn't even imagine doing it on Lunatic. At best I'd probably do Birthright Lunatic but not Conquest Lunatic at the moment lol

Birthright Lunatic is much easier than Conquest Hard imo. Enemy units usually aren't equipped with skills, and most bosses are quite underwhelming comparing to Conquest.
If you managed to beat Conquest on hard you probably won't have problem doing Birthright Lunatic.

Azuran

Banned
Revelation may not be the strongest game when it comes to gameplay but I don't mind when some of the story moments are pretty awesome and heartwarming.

Using both Xander and Ryoma in Chapter 17 to mow down an entire group of enemies and then annihilate Iago is probably my favorite moment in Fates so far. Sometimes it's the little things in life that makes me happy.

Shinypogs

I do not understand how Hayato and sakura's s rank implied things were going to be physical soon enough for a kid to happen. Blah blah both are more mature than they seem but just just felt creepy somehow. Now i have to imagine they made a poor life choice too young and being in the deeprealms was somehow the better option for the kid. (Rev is the only route where hiding some of the kids seems smart due to parentage)

Also just now it occured to me that the various royals marrying and having kids should be a big deal in all the routes.

I've only just finished 16-17 of revelations. I feel like there could almost be a decent story if it was drawn out better. Have like 8 chapters bonding with your sibs and getting the idea of what garon is like. Plus the troubles Nohr faces now. Then another 6 or so chapters in Hoshido trying to come to grips with your past your lost memories and this family you have regained. Keep the whole explody sword.dragon corrin into making a choice chapters but now they are far enough into the game to make the choice feel genuinely stressful and make picking neither option feel more sensible. Continue from there into whatever the fuck revs actual plot is slowly picking up followers old friends and family as appropriate. It'd be a much a longer game to do well but I think it would have resulted in a better story and better maps if the team needed to only focus on one thing.

Plus you could make normal difficulty have no skills on enemies. Hard give them skills and lunatic give them ridiculous combos and stuff.

I still love conquest best of all but if I could have that games maps and the full cast (properly integrated mind you ) and the story they really wanted to tell that would be great.

Xenoflare

I do not understand how Hayato and sakura's s rank implied things were going to be physical soon enough for a kid to happen. Blah blah both are more mature than they seem but just just felt creepy somehow. Now i have to imagine they made a poor life choice too young and being in the deeprealms was somehow the better option for the kid. (Rev is the only route where hiding some of the kids seems smart due to parentage)

Also just now it occured to me that the various royals marrying and having kids should be a big deal in all the routes.

I've only just finished 16-17 of revelations. I feel like there could almost be a decent story if it was drawn out better. Have like 8 chapters bonding with your sibs and getting the idea of what garon is like. Plus the troubles Nohr faces now. Then another 6 or so chapters in Hoshido trying to come to grips with your past your lost memories and this family you have regained. Keep the whole explody sword.dragon corrin into making a choice chapters but now they are far enough into the game to make the choice feel genuinely stressful and make picking neither option feel more sensible. Continue from there into whatever the fuck revs actual plot is slowly picking up followers old friends and family as appropriate. It'd be a much a longer game to do well but I think it would have resulted in a better story and better maps if the team needed to only focus on one thing.

Plus you could make normal difficulty have no skills on enemies. Hard give them skills and lunatic give them ridiculous combos and stuff.

I still love conquest best of all but if I could have that games maps and the full cast (properly integrated mind you ) and the story they really wanted to tell that would be great.

You are playing a game where infants are being thrown into a hyperbolic time chamber and has the option to marry your foster siblings that grew up with you/S link children units ew

I mean, it kinda comes with the territory

Finally finished Conquest tonight! I lost Xander, Selena, and Nina in the endgame but it doesn't really matter haha.

Is it still recommended to finish Birthright before Revelations?

On another note because I married Xander to Charlotte she ended up with her solo ending in the credits which made me laugh for bit.

RiamuBME

Hey guys, I am about to jump into Revelations (unfortunately I have to play that before Birthright or Conquest).

Is there any tips or things I should know before starting that you could give? Any advice would be super helpful! :D

CazTGG

Having finished Revelation, I can now conclude that it is definitely the weakest of the three games by far, but still the best overall summation of Fire Emblem Fates: Lots of good ideas which, when pulled off well, are brilliant but hampered by a weak script and often weaker execution of those ideas
also incest coming back because that's what they should have taken from Seisen No Keifu. That was just...why?
Even with all the refinements to weapons and the stance system in Fates, it's very middle of the road as Fire Emblem games go, the localized ones at least.

As far as ranking the three go, it would be as follows:

Conquest > Birthright (Just barely) >>>>>>Revelation

PK Gaming

I headcanon that the kids function exactly like the bond unit system.

It also makes Elise as a mom go from horrifying to downright funny/endearing in some respects.

It's better for my sanity.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm on Ch.23 and Sniper/Mizou is my best character. She can pretty much KO everything solo, and she has a near 50% Crit chance on every attack with the Killer Bow.

WVW69jH_iLQ33Y7FX3

I don't understand, how is she not widely considered to be the most overpowered unit in the game? She is a bit of a glass cannon, but it isn't too much of a problem since most enemies never get an attack on her because she kills them first...

I'm on Ch.23 and Sniper/Mizou is my best character. She can pretty much KO everything solo, and she has a near 50% Crit chance on every attack with the Killer Bow.

WVW69jH_iLQ33Y7FX3

I don't understand, how is she not widely considered to be the most overpowered unit in the game? She is a bit of a glass cannon, but it isn't too much of a problem since most enemies never get an attack on her because she kills them first...
1) She's garbage when you first get her and is really worthless in her base class, so reclassing her to archer costs an early heart seal that could be used for Corrin/Jakob/Camilla

2) Archer/Sniper is not a good class. Certain units (Takumi) can be more useful than their base class because they have a very strong start and can be immediately useful, but even Takumi is handicapped by the fact that he can't attack on Enemy Phase and his usefulness (along with every other bow-lock uni) is limited to killing one enemy per turn.

3) With the amount of investment it takes to make Mozu not have garbage-tier stats, you could just give that to a better unit for much less effort and the same level of payoff. Everyone talks about giving her all the kills in her join chapter but you can just give those kills to a good unit like Corrin or Kaze and they'll be an even better unit.

1) She's garbage when you first get her and is really worthless in her base class, so reclassing her to archer costs an early heart seal that could be used for Corrin/Jakob/Camilla

2) Archer/Sniper is not a good class. Certain units (Takumi) can be more useful than their base class because they have a very strong start and can be immediately useful, but even Takumi is handicapped by the fact that he can't attack on Enemy Phase and his usefulness (along with every other bow-lock uni) is limited to killing one enemy per turn.

3) With the amount of investment it takes to make Mozu not have garbage-tier stats, you could just give that to a better unit for much less effort and the same level of payoff. Everyone talks about giving her all the kills in her join chapter but you can just give those kills to a good unit like Corrin or Kaze and they'll be an even better unit.

I dunno. Mozu has been overall more useful to me than characters like Camilla and Selena (both of which got garbage growths so far, unfortunately), which people here can't stop raving about. I wouldn't know what do do without her in a few chapters, since Niles' hit-rate is kinda bad and he does far less damage overall. She just constantly destroys everyone she comes across.

Note that as of right now (chapter 19) I've only dropped two characters (Jakob and Silas) in favor of their much more capable children, so yeah. I'm this close to dropping Beruka and Benny, however. They are both simply too weak.

EDIT: Oh, while I'm here, do DLC skills get passed down to children? I'm marrying Odin to Witch Nyx and I want to hold off until she gets the Warp skill so that I can give that to Ophelia.

On #2:
While that is true for Birthright Mozumi, Conquest Mozu and Revelation Mozumi get access to the Mini Bow post-Ch. 13, making them much more usable on enemy phase -- arguably more usable than melee units with throwing weapons because, despite the Mini Bow being the bow equivalent of the Tomahawk, oddly enough, it has no penalty to doubling whatsoever. Still won't let them hit at both 1- and 2-range at the same time (unless you give them a Shining Bow which they're awful with), but it lets them be flexible.

(I remembered it even existed yesterday when I was browsing the Nohrian armory. lol)

On #3:
Disclaimer: No experience with Conquest Mozu; only Revelation Mozu. Anyways...

In Revelation, she'd be the only person who could possibly gain any experience in her own paralogue because everyone you have early on is ridiculously over-levelled. If that's not enough to break her out of her bad start, Ch. 8 has a lot of really easy set-ups for her. Much like her own paralogue, no one else will be gaining experience there. By the time that's done, she'll practically be glowing when compared to the units you immediately get afterwards. Hell, she beat out Takumi for me when he joined for Ch. 11.

Now, regarding her viability in Conquest, the units you have available for her paralogue aren't as over-levelled as they would be for Revelation, but they are still a bit high compared to the enemies. At best, you'll get one level for two units and it's not going to make them godly all of a sudden. On the flip-side, all those levels won't make her godly either when you get Niles in Ch. 8 who's a highly competent bow-user from the word go with a surprising amount of Res for shooting mages. Doesn't get as great a high point, obviously (and I can imagine Mozu being more useful than him for the Ninja Hell chapters), but he's more than usable.

Still, if there's one thing going for her in early Conquest, it's that she's a 2500G investment to get rid of either Arthur or Odin.

-

I suppose her Conquest viability boils down to this: Do you feel like suffering Arthur and Odin? Or do you not mind dropping one of them? Do you also need to use Heart Seals early for other people? I know you mentioned Camilla, but she doesn't need one that early. Others I'll admit are tougher calls depending on Corrin's build and whether they're male or female.

On #2:
While that is true for Birthright Mozumi, Conquest Mozu and Revelation Mozumi get access to the Mini Bow post-Ch. 13, making them much more usable on enemy phase -- arguably more usable than melee units with throwing weapons because, despite the Mini Bow being the bow equivalent of the Tomahawk, oddly enough, it has no penalty to doubling whatsoever. Still won't let them hit at both 1- and 2-range at the same time (unless you give them a Shining Bow which they're awful with), but it lets them be flexible.

That makes no sense, why would you compare Mozu with a Mini Bow to someone else with a throwing weapon, when the Mini Bow is 1-range only and the logical comparison is an Iron Axe or something.

also, even in Revelation, you could use Mozu's paralogue to dig out one member of the Sakura squad instead

and I can imagine Mozu being more useful than him for the Ninja Hell chapters), but he's more than usable.

arguably in chapter 17 (both should ORKO them though), most definitely not in chapter 25 because Shurikenbreaker+Lucky Seven shoves their hit down to 0

That makes no sense, why would you compare Mozu with a Mini Bow to someone else with a throwing weapon, when the Mini Bow is 1-range only and the logical comparison is an Iron Axe or something.

also, even in Revelation, you could use Mozu's paralogue to dig out one member of the Sakura squad instead

arguably in chapter 17 (both should ORKO them though), most definitely not in chapter 25 because Shurikenbreaker+Lucky Seven shoves their hit down to 0

On weapon comparisons:
I compared the Mini Bow to the Tomahawk because the Mini Bow lets bow users hit at melee much like Tomahawks let axe users hit at range, something neither are supposed to be able to do normally. Mini Bows are penalty-free. Tomahawks aren't. Hatchets get a similar penalty, though they are 1-2 ranged.

On grinding out Subaki or Hana
Ew, Subaki and Hana. >.> They turned out sooooo terribly for me. But, er, anyways, they join for Ch. 9, not Ch. 8. 1 or 2 levels from Mozu's paralogue won't save them there.

On Shurikenbreaker + Lucky Seven:
Good point. Mozu doesn't have natural access to them. Don't think she's strong enough to OHKO either and she'll slowly lose her Speed...

Doesn't Revelation have infinite grinding like Birthright does? So why does it matter where you do it?

Time investment. Also no-grind runs if you're into them.

On weapon comparisons:
I compared the Mini Bow to the Tomahawk because the Mini Bow lets bow users hit at melee much like Tomahawks let axe users hit at range, something neither are supposed to be able to do normally. Mini Bows are penalty-free. Tomahawks aren't. Hatchets get a similar penalty, though they are 1-2 ranged.

Then just leave it at "Mozu has better 2 range", why make that comparison?

Although 2 range in Conquest is actually surprisingly unneeded in general so that's another thing going against her.

On grinding out Subaki or Hana
Ew, Subaki and Hana. >.> They turned out sooooo terribly for me. But, er, anyways, they join for Ch. 9, not Ch. 8. 1 or 2 levels from Mozu's paralogue won't save them there.

who says you have to do Mozu's paralogue immediately

like, with the amount of effort some people put into Mozu, you could instead make Odin an invincible Nosferatu-tank or some other stupid build, but Odin is still a bad unit

Then just leave it at "Mozu has better 2 range", why make that comparison?

Although 2 range in Conquest is actually surprisingly unneeded in general so that's another thing going against her.

who says you have to do Mozu's paralogue immediately

like, with the amount of effort some people put into Mozu, you could instead make Odin an invincible Nosferatu-tank or some other stupid build, but Odin is still a bad unit

I made the comparison in the first place because her being locked to 2-range isn't quite true, subsequently making the "Archers are crap for enemy phase" argument not quite true either. Moreover, due to a missing penalty, the Mini Bow is a viable option for turning her into a melee unit for enemy phase unlike turning melee units into ranged units.

On doing Mozu's paralogue later:
Hm? The enemies scale? Thought it was the children's paralogues that did, not hers.

On effort:
She -really- doesn't require that much effort in Revelation when her paralogue and Ch. 8 have brain-dead AI for setting up easy kills that I sure as hell ain't letting Gunter take, and she's got the growths to make it well-worth the minimal investment against Revelations' stat-inflated enemies -- fighting fire with fire and all that. Meanwhile, saving someone like Odin takes much more investment when he has a truly bad start with his join time and doesn't have the growths to let him break out of it quickly, if at all. Like, he could be 20/20 and Mozu'd still be better than him at 20/0. /slight exaggeration

I made the comparison in the first place because her being locked to 2-range isn't quite true, subsequently making the "Archers are crap for enemy phase" argument not quite true either. Moreover, due to a missing penalty, the Mini Bow is a viable option for turning her into a melee unit for enemy phase unlike turning melee units into ranged units.

yeah so you spent a bunch of resources and now Mozu has the option of 1-range or 2-range (but not both simultaneously)

then what?

On doing Mozu's paralogue later:
Hm? The enemies scale? Thought it was the children's paralogues that did, not hers.

It's not that they scale, it's that Subaki/Hana/Kaze can still get a decent amount out of it themselves.

On effort:
She -really- doesn't require that much effort in Revelation when her paralogue and Ch. 8 have brain-dead AI for setting up easy kills that I sure as hell ain't letting Gunter take, and she's got the growths to make it well-worth the minimal investment against Revelations' stat-inflated enemies -- fighting fire with fire and all that. Meanwhile, saving someone like Odin takes much more investment when he has a truly bad start with his join time and doesn't have the growths to let him break out of it quickly, if at all. Like, he could be 20/20 and Mozu'd still be better than him at 20/0. /slight exaggeration

I'm talking about Conquest Odin here, Revelation Odin is obviously an unsalvageable piece of crap.

Mozu is of course, much better in Revelation relative to the rest of the cast compared to Birthright or Conquest, but this is largely because so much of the cast joins later being utterly worthless and can't be saved early on rather than a decrease in opportunity costs (because Corrin and your first servant is still here for the Heart Seals).

yeah so you spent a bunch of resources and now Mozu has the option of 1-range or 2-range (but not both simultaneously)

then what?

It's not that they scale, it's that Subaki/Hana/Kaze can still get a decent amount out of it themselves.

I'm talking about Conquest Odin here, Revelation Odin is obviously an unsalvageable piece of crap.

What you get out of the investment:
For a few thousand gold and very little time (I seriously can't stress how quick it was to train her when Revelation is pretty damn slow from the get-go), you get a ranged unit capable of replacing one of your melee units at will -- and do it very, very competently unlike a melee unit trying their hand at ranged combat. Hell, you could just lock her to 1-range and she'd do a better job than units that normally fight at that range.

Ideally, she'd be both a melee and ranged attacker at the same time like a ninja, but that won't happen under normal circumstances. On the flip side, the ninjas aren't as strong nor as durable as her either.

On Kaze/Subaki/Hana:
Kaze, I can believe him getting something decent out of it. Hana though? Revelation's stat-inflated enemies will be able to kill her in 1.5 hits. Happened to me in Ch. 11 even after grinding her to like Lv. 14 (Never count on dodges happening. orz). Would guess they can eventually one-shot her. Would say she's not worth the investment because of that. Subaki? Dear God no. *Shudder*

Odin stuff:

You can turn Odin into an invincible Nosfera-God in Conquest? I mean, between needing all the Speedwings in the world only to still end up slower than Xander (Thanks, Sorceror caps >.>) and Nosferatu being kinda crap damage-wise on top of Odin's crap Mag, you'll have to forgive me for being a little skeptical. :p

And I was talking Revelation Odin, damnit. >:[

CazTGG

If you're cool with grinding tier lists look something like

S Tier:
Everyone

Nyx and Odin would suggest otherwise, not unless you reclass Odin to a myrmidon, pick a god and pray for Nyx. Also Orochi to a lesser extent if her speed was as bad as it was on my Revelation playthrough (She was fine during Birthright, probably better to reclass her as a Witch now that the DLC for it is available but 14 at level 30-ish? Pathetic, even Benny had a higher base than her!)

Rutger

Banned
Odin stuff:

You can turn Odin into an invincible Nosfera-God in Conquest? I mean, between needing all the Speedwings in the world only to still end up slower than Xander (Thanks, Sorceror caps >.>) and Nosferatu being kinda crap damage-wise on top of Odin's crap Mag, you'll have to forgive me for being a little skeptical. :p

I don't know about turning him into a god, but I'd gladly take Odin over Mozu in Conquest.
Odin unlocks Ophelia. I like to use a heart seal on him too so I can pass on Vantage, but that can be done at any time since he just wants to get married, so he doesn't need one of the first two.
Mozu needing one of the early heart seals when Corrin and Jakob both would like one is hard for me to justify, especially when it means I'm just getting another archer even though Niles fills that role perfectly.

I don't know about turning him into a god, but I'd gladly take Odin over Mozu in Conquest.
Odin unlocks Ophelia. I like to use a heart seal on him too so I can pass on Vantage, but that can be done at any time since he just wants to get married, so he doesn't need one of the first two.
Mozu needing one of the early heart seals when Corrin and Jakob both would like one is hard for me to justify, especially when it means I'm just getting another archer even though Niles fills that role perfectly.

Should I wait until I can get Odin to be a level 5 Swordmaster so he can pass on Astra instead? He's currently a level 20 Samurai right now.

Also, want to ask this again since no one answered:

do DLC skills get passed down to children? I'm marrying Odin to Witch Nyx and I want to hold off until she gets the Warp skill so that I can give that to Ophelia.

Renewed

Should I wait until I can get Odin to be a level 5 Swordmaster so he can pass on Astra instead? He's currently a level 20 Samurai right now.

Also, want to ask this again since no one answered:

DLC skills can't be passed down. I don't like Odin but whatever floats your boat.

Or maybe I don't like mages. w.e

Shinypogs

Mozu's job is to pass down aptitude and have cute supports. I have tried to work with her but in conquest she just feels meh to me and i have too many bow user or eventual bow user options with more utility in birthright. I'm not denying that others can and have made a great unit of her but I have never found the payoff worth the time and gold needed to get her started compared to some other units who shine with a bit of early love.

Are the child paralogues in revelations just copies of their same difficulty counterparts in the other games? I'm finding all the kids who are from birthright have piss easy paralogues and then velourias (havent done conquest on hard yet but am playing rev on hard) was all "hey here are faceless with poison strike and also we got an entrap and an enfeeble staff for you to be wary of". I am so excited to see a hard version of forrests paralogue.

Rutger

Banned

I don't know, I haven't wanted to invest that much into Odin to level him up to have Astra. It would probably be overkill though, Ophelia does so much damage already thanks to targeting Res and her great crit rate. Having Vantage so she can attack first in the event she gets hurt is probably more useful.

Maybe someone else has a different opinion on that though.

Top Bottom