• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Azuran

Banned
Even that's stretching it since his speed kept on failing me, and had to bench him 4-5 chapters later.

This is honestly the first time I've seen someone mentioned benching Takumi because he sucks as a unit. RNG must have screwed you hard because it's hard for him to be bad with those growths and weapon of his.

Nightbird

Currently on Chapter 10 (Hoshido)

Any idea what I should promote Mozu to? She just hit level 10, but I don't know which class I should promote her to

Currently on Chapter 10 (Hoshido)

Any idea what I should promote Mozu to? She just hit level 10, but I don't know which class I should promote her to
You already raised her to level 10 as a Villager I assume, promote to whatever and then Heart Seal to Kinshi Knight (or you can Heart Seal now, build bow rank, then promote to Kinshi Knight...but bows are actually pretty bad in Birthright with its super enemy density routs).
Heart seal to Archer, then later go Master Seal to Sniper and she is unstoppable
Don't go Sniper though.

Pepin

You already raised her to level 10 as a Villager I assume, promote to whatever and then Heart Seal to Kinshi Knight (or you can Heart Seal now, build bow rank, then promote to Kinshi Knight...but bows are actually pretty bad in Birthright with its super enemy density routs).

Don't go Sniper though.

Why wouldn't you go Sniper, out of interest? I only say that because my mate is playing Birthright and it's gone well for him, but I'm on Conquest and had this down as a pretty good path?

wamberz1

Quick question - what's the best way to get seals? I'm on chapter 11 and have already bought all the ones from the rod shop.
Birthright btw.

Dee Dee

It'd be funny if the Europe version has a glitch with Kaze appearing in the first chapters.

Kaze is an auto join at the beginning of Chapter 4, so it'd be hard to miss him.

Is it a difficulty thing?
Is he not there on lunatic?

Who else would join at chapter 4?

IceIpor

Is it a difficulty thing?
Is he not there on lunatic?

Who else would join at chapter 4?
He should be there for all difficulties. There is no deviation in the units you can have in the chapter.

The only controllable units you have for Chapter 4 are Corrin/Rinkah/Kaze.
Then you have the NPC units Ryoma/Sakura/Hinoka.

Nohar

Not very happy to have successfully done chapter 8 Conquest, with 3 houses visited, only thanks to a lucky miss (allowing Silas to survive).
Anyhow, time to grind supports: I need those paralogues, if only for the exp.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Don't go Sniper though.

I played Conquest on Hard/Casual, I went Sniper with Mozu. She was reliably my best unit once she went Sniper and had a ton of Skill to critical with 50% on every hit.

IceIpor

Quick question - what's the best way to get seals? I'm on chapter 11 and have already bought all the ones from the rod shop.
Birthright btw.

The only way to get more seals if you can't upgrade the shop yet is to:

1. Visit another castle's rod shop.
2. Buy DLC and play the museum map. (Random chance though.)

I played Conquest on Hard/Casual, I went Sniper with Mozu. She was reliably my best unit once she went Sniper and had a ton of Skill to critical with 50% on every hit.

Well first of all, if she has 50% crit as a Sniper she will have ~40% crit as a Kinshi Knight.

Also, bows as a weapon type are significantly more useful in Conquest due to being less enemy phase focused, in addition to a few ninja hell chapters (17,25) where you can kill multiple ninjas on enemy phase with 2 range (they're still overrated though, majority of combat is still enemy phase this isn't the DS games).

Nightbird

Heart seal to Archer, then later go Master Seal to Sniper and she is unstoppable

Don't go Sniper though.

Well okay, i'm gonna make her a Aniper in Conquest, and a Master of Arms in Birthright

Thanks guys! :)

Nohar

I am in love with Arthur. Well, gameplay-wise, he is very tricky to use, but that ham is gorgeous! Cam Clarke did a wonderful job with his voice, too.

I'm having a reversed Birthright experience: my Corrin is now my best unit, but other units aren't getting lucky with level-ups.

On a side note: Odin... Dude. I like you, but I think we may have a problem with your level and stats. Hard Conquest is going to make me take tough decisions. Leo will be added to my party, that's for sure, but I'd like a second mage... And, well, Nyx has more interesting stats than Odin upon joining (though she leans heavily into the glass cannon category at first glance).

I've been spoiler by Birthright. I am having an hard time deciding which units I should use in advance, especially since I don't know which ones are good and will turn out OK. Well, Mozu is good, but leveling her is kinda hard.

Sölf

Beat chapter 14 on the second try, because a certain female someone decided to crit Corrin at the castle gates and kill her. >_>

I probably have to do 1 or 2 more extra maps, I need money for Master Seals.

Joqu

Special Edition arrived today so I've finally started playing. At chapter 8 of Birthright right now. Just taking it easy, playing on normal casual for my first playthrough, definitely no worrying about min maxing for now like I did with Awakening. Really enjoying it. I love the presentation, maybe I'm misremembering Awakening but this seems to look way better. Similar of course, but the lighting and textures seem greatly improved, I actually like the way Fire Emblem looks in 3D now. Some lovely skies.

And that soundtrack! Gosh it has been a wonderful soundtrack so far, did they get new composers on board or what?

Don't think I'll be posting much here though, I'm way too much into this to get distracted by GAF. Maybe if I get stuck. :p

Azuran

Banned
I am in love with Arthur. Well, gameplay-wise, he is very tricky to use, but that ham is gorgeous! Cam Clarke did a wonderful job with his voice, too.

I'm having a reversed Birthright experience: my Corrin is now my best unit, but other units aren't getting lucky with level-ups.

On a side note: Odin... Dude. I like you, but I think we may have a problem with your level and stats. Hard Conquest is going to make me take tough decisions. Leo will be added to my party, that's for sure, but I'd like a second mage... And, well, Nyx has more interesting stats than Odin upon joining (though she leans heavily into the glass cannon category at first glance).

I've been spoiler by Birthright. I am having an hard time deciding which units I should use in advance, especially since I don't know which ones are good and will turn out OK. Well, Mozu is good, but leveling her is kinda hard.

Change Odin to a Samurai with a heart seal ASAP if you're actually planning on using him. His growths are terrible for a mage. The only reason to go Sorcerer for a little bit is to get Vengeance.

Nyx is terrible because she can't hit anything at all because of her low skill growth and misses can be really costly in Conquest.

Draxal

Change Odin to a Samurai with a heart seal ASAP if you're actually planning on using him. His growths are terrible for a mage. The only reason to go Sorcerer for a little bit is to get Vengeance.

Nyx is terrible because she can't hit anything at all because of her low skill growth and misses can be really costly in Conquest.

He's my dark flier candidate, because his growth rates's are pretty balanced and can use the additional promoted growth rate asap.

You're right, no point in going Sorceror.

He's best as a Dark Knight.

I still don't know why they switched Owain's class in Fate, but kept the other two normal.

Was it to show in him off in the new mage's uniform? Because those were terrible designs.

Welp, the most optimal class in Awakening was basically sage or sorcerer even with physically oriented character

Has someone did both Conquest on hard and lunatic ? I already did Conquest on hard but I wonder if it really changes that much on lunatic

Xenoflare

Welp, the most optimal class in Awakening was basically sage or sorcerer even with physically oriented character

Has someone did both Conquest on hard and lunatic ? I already did Conquest on hard but I wonder if it really changes that much on lunatic

It has inevitable end for one

Debuffs stack til your stat falls to 0

Renewed

I did Lunatic so I have to look up the differences, but skill sets and enemy numbers change (even new skills on enemies like Inevitable End). It gets rough but some planning beforehand makes it simpler than going blind like I did.

Dee Dee

I just got through chapter 10 Birthright, holy macaroni... that's the ceiling for my skill level right there.

People on the internet kept re-iterating the strategy to "take it slow", in addition to that, I eventually managed to beat the chapter without losses after
removing all pegasus knights from my team, and pairing up everyone. Everyone. All the time. Except Sakura and Azura.

At this rate I'll end up lowering the difficulty or switching to casual sooner than I hoped... I'll stick with it, as long as it's fun, but this last pre-last run made me go "fuck it, I am looking it up online!".

People here talking about how their team is level 10 makes me wonder if I should grind more. Well, chapter 10 fed some tasty levels to my core team members at least.

And I got to see more Jakob supports.
He just hates everyone. Nice.

Lunatic is much harder then Hard. Then again I'm the type of player to always use base classes and doesn't worry about optimal stats.
Last few chapters was practically impossible for me, I needed luck to win. I also think the enemies had A skill that causes stack star drops. (Can't remember if hard had that too)

pronk420

So I'm playing on classic and had a bunch of people retreat in the last battle. Now when I go to the next mission I can't have them in my party, how long will they be gone for? Is there some way I can get them back? Completing the next mission without them seems like it might be hard...

Edit: unless I've got this horribly wrong, I thought retreat wasn't the same as them being permanently dead?!

Renewed

So I'm playing on classic and had a bunch of people retreat in the last battle. Now when I go to the next mission I can't have them in my party, how long will they be gone for? Is there some way I can get them back? Completing the next mission without them seems like it might be hard...

Edit: unless I've got this horribly wrong, I thought retreat wasn't the same as them being permanently dead?!

What happens on Classic is that even if they say they're retreating, you can't use them in battle anymore. The retreating thing is typically for those with story relevance afaik, but I think there's more to it.

IceIpor

Retreated = Dead, except they will still say their lines during story sequences.

Shinypogs

I'm torn between using Ophelia again next time I do conquest and giving Nyx a shot while pumping her with early stat boosters from the my castle rewards. At the same time I could use those items on say Beruka or Peri who I've been wanting to give a chance to shine.

You...haven't even done Conquest Lunatic yet? pls

McNum

Hm, I'm finding it hard to get units with good offense in Hoshido. Just completed chapter 11 and I asked myself midway through what Hinoka and Subaki even were doing there. When the enemy has over 20 HP, it just doesn't cut it to double with 4 damage unless you're a ninja or Felicia with debuff riders on it. Also looking at you, there, Rinkah. Good defense on her, though. Can take an axe to the face better than anyone.

Do the Pegasus riders just suck in this game or am I just being unlucky?

Top Bottom