• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Azuran

Banned
Sölf;204545631 said:
Actually, regarding "Capture", any way to obtain that skill? So far, only Orochi has that. Any other units or classes that learn that one?

Niles in Conquest is the other unit that can capture. They're personal skills, so only those two can have it.

lol just got a character who has something to do with capturing. mmk, thanks. POWs? I'm gonna execute all the guys

Daniela is Birthright is a bit of a cutie. Such a shame she's the only female boss you can use.

Sölf

Niles in Conquest is the other unit that can capture. They're personal skills, so only those two can have it.

Shame. I thought it might be possible to do a sort of challenge run with regular or captured units, similar to a Spottpass only run in Awakening. You could still buy units using the Einerhjar shop though, eh? Not that I would do anything like that anytime soon, need to beat the games first, but just a thought I had.

Nohar

Holy shit. Chapter 10 Conquest wasn't a joke (Hard/Classic). Goodness gracious, that was insane. I managed to beat it, despite quite a few scares (really, I was lucky that pegasi decided to make a beeline for the escape point and didn't decide to kill Azura, I was able to kill it on my turn, it was just 1 space from giving me a game-over). Sadly, I missed the Dracoshield, but I will survive without it (I hope). That fight was nerve-wracking, especially toward the end, where
Takumi freezes the water (oh crap, didn't notice that dragon vein at all) and a LOT of reinforcements arrive.
I managed to do it in one try, but those 12 turns were the longest of my life.

I understand now why everyone talked about that map. This make will effectively make you a better player, or break you, leaving you no choice but to lower the difficulty.

Xenoflare

The good news is that her HP is only 1 less than average (she usually has 21 at level 14).

The even better news is that her HP stat literally shouldn't make a difference.

I got spoiled, I just checked her max hp as a lv20 troubadour and I realized that she's blessed by 10 Annas during my last play through

She ended up with 27 before promotion. At one point later on she has higher HP than Camilla with the same level. No seraph robes either

Javier

Holy shit. Chapter 10 Conquest wasn't a joke (Hard/Classic). Goodness gracious, that was insane. I managed to beat it, despite quite a few scares (really, I was lucky that pegasi decided to make a beeline for the escape point and didn't decide to kill Azura, I was able to kill it on my turn, it was just 1 space from giving me a game-over). Sadly, I missed the Dracoshield, but I will survive without it (I hope). That fight was nerve-wracking, especially toward the end, where
Takumi freezes the water (oh crap, didn't notice that dragon vein at all) and a LOT of reinforcements arrive.
I managed to do it in one try, but those 12 turns were the longest of my life.

I understand now why everyone talked about that map. This make will effectively make you a better player, or break you, leaving you no choice but to lower the difficulty.
Conquest 10 is one of the most memorable maps in the entire series. Fucking loved it.

McNum

Hm, Hoshido 12 was fun.

An Escape map. and Garon is a unit on the map showing quite clearly that fighting your way out is not the way. Hey, Hinoka! Airlift time! Three turns later, victory.

Of course, there's also that chest... Subaki, Kaze! Handle it! And the enemies in the lower right having item drops... Foxboy and Takumi, go!

And so I ended up with all the spoils. Not a whole lot of EXP, but it's Birthright. That's a solvable problem.

Dee Dee

Hm, Hoshido 12 was fun.

An Escape map. and Garon is a unit on the map showing quite clearly that fighting your way out is not the way. Hey, Hinoka! Airlift time! Three turns later, victory.

Of course, there's also that chest... Subaki, Kaze! Handle it! And the enemies in the lower right having item drops... Foxboy and Takumi, go!

And so I ended up with all the spoils. Not a whole lot of EXP, but it's Birthright. That's a solvable problem.

That's what I did too after I read about the airlift tactic here. I had a few resets trying to figure the map out, then I got near the the dragon vein and realized what was happening. Haha.

Reset and three-turned the way out of there.

Actually, after having a safe save I went back to try a version with a bit more kills and getting the chest stuff and ended up with what you described. I have no intention of turtling this map for hours for completion's sake, at least not when there are so many other options to grind in Birthright.

Sölf;204538833 said:
You can completely cheese chapter 12 if you want to, but if you want to play it "properly" you will "have fun".

So did you actually
kill everyone on that map?? o_O

BowieZ

Banned
Something that's been confusing me is when to use Heart Seals. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to waiting to use one? For example, I just promoted Kaze from Lvl20 Ninja to a Lvl1 Master Ninja with a Master Seal... is there anything wrong with now using a Heart Seal to turn him into a Hero?

I understand I will gain a Mercenary skill for each time I level up for the next three level-ups, which is cool.

Something that's been confusing me is when to use Heart Seals. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to waiting to use one? For example, I just promoted Kaze from Lvl20 Ninja to a Lvl1 Master Ninja with a Master Seal... is there anything wrong with now using a Heart Seal to turn him into a Hero?

I understand I will gain a Mercenary skill for each time I level up for the next three level-ups, which is cool.

Nothing wrong with that. Although I would personally wait until you level him up to 5 for the Lethality skill, then Heart Seal him over.

Be forewarned that he'll start off with E-ranked weapons, though.

McNum

I turned Mozu into an archer with one. Suddenly, she's killing dudes left and right. I think I'll pair her with Takumi, for double the archery. Plus their support is kind of cute.

But yes, Heart Seals, as I've been told about them, are for skills. If you want Sol, you should use it at 20/2 to get levels 3, 4, and 5 so you get all the base class skills and then Sol.

Oh and speaking of supports, I think there's a major interface spoiler going on... (General Hoshido Story)
I can S-Rank Sakura and Hinoka. That means they're totally not my blood siblings, because that would never fly in a localization, right?

BowieZ

Banned
Nothing wrong with that. Although I would personally wait until you level him up to 5 for the Lethality skill, then Heart Seal him over.

Be forewarned that he'll start off with E-ranked weapons, though.
How much of what you just said applies to everyone else (ie learning the first promoted skill then switching over, and the starting with E weapons upon reclass)?

And so is it pretty much worth reclassing everyone, more or less, for those extra skills, or is it a case-by-case basis?

Sorry, post-3DS FE n00b here.

BowieZ

Banned
I turned Mozu into an archer with one. Suddenly, she's killing dudes left and right. I think I'll pair her with Takumi, for double the archery. Plus their support is kind of cute.

But yes, Heart Seals, as I've been told about them, are for skills. If you want Sol, you should use it at 20/2 to get levels 3, 4, and 5 so you get all the base class skills and then Sol.[/SPOILER]
Same! Made Mozu an archer and just promoted her into a Kinshi Knight after getting her to level 20. She's quite beastly now!

And what do you mean by 20/2, sorry?

McNum

Same! Made Mozu an archer and just promoted her into a Kinshi Knight after getting her to level 20. She's quite beastly now!

And what do you mean by 20/2, sorry?
Ah, sorry. It means Promoted 2. Let's take Silas as an example. You give him 20 levels of Cavalier, then use a Master Seal and get him 2 levels of Paladin. Silas is then a 20/2 Paladin.

Oh and speaking of supports, I think there's a major interface spoiler going on... (General Hoshido Story)
I can S-Rank Sakura and Hinoka. That means they're totally not my blood siblings, because that would never fly in a localization, right?

No no no, that's an A+ rank. It means that they are now BFFs.

EDIT:
Oh, you mean Corrin S-ranking them. Well...

How much of what you just said applies to everyone else (ie learning the first promoted skill then switching over, and the starting with E weapons upon reclass)?

And so is it pretty much worth reclassing everyone, more or less, for those extra skills, or is it a case-by-case basis?

Sorry, post-3DS FE n00b here.

I'm a post-3DS noob myself. =P

And yeah, it's basically case-by-case. If units had access to weapons that another class has, that weapon skill will carry over. Some classes have a lower cap on weapon skills, however. So if you are A-rank with swords and a class you're transferring to can only go up to B-rank, you will just have B-rank swords in that class (but you will go back to A-rank if you switch back).

BowieZ

Banned
Thanks, McNum and Polter! Man, there's so much to take in with this game, and Conquest is demanding I pay more attention than I did in Awakening, which I think is a great thing.

It's just a question of some things I don't necessarily want to be told what to do, but I just want to know whether something is really important to do one way or the other. I just don't want to waste precious resources doing something *really* dumb.

Also, am I right in thinking money is extremely scarce in this game? I mean, I've pocketed a few 10k's here and there, and a few gold bars from the astral dragon foetus thing, but I feel like it's barely managed to net me a handful of decent weapons and staffs so far, and I'm up to Chapter 20. (I've also gotten into the habit of buying most characters a HP boost before each battle which is around $1k per battle, which may not be the wisest thing to be doing... I mean, I guess if someone comes down to within 5HP of death, I'm not doing my job right lol.)

I assume this of course is to force you to carefully consider buying the most necessary things at all times, and to encourage you to sell weapons and stuff you no longer need, but every decision is making me sweat!

McNum

No no no, that's an A+ rank. It means that they are now BFFs.

EDIT:
Oh, you mean Corrin S-ranking them. Well...
(Potential mega-spoilers)
I should also not pay attention to the fact that only Corrin and Azura have water element particles when they do stuff, right? That's totally not going to be relevant ever. Of course, SHE is also available for an S-rank, but... I kind of don't want to even though she's nice and all. It just seems like the game insists a little too hard.

Azuran

Banned
Thanks, McNum and Polter! Man, there's so much to take in with this game, and Conquest is demanding I pay more attention than I did in Awakening, which I think is a great thing.

It's just a question of some things I don't necessarily want to be told what to do, but I just want to know whether something is really important to do one way or the other. I just don't want to waste precious resources doing something *really* dumb.

Also, am I right in thinking money is extremely scarce in this game? I mean, I've pocketed a few 10k's here and there, and a few gold bars from the astral dragon foetus thing, but I feel like it's barely managed to net me a handful of decent weapons and staffs so far, and I'm up to Chapter 20. (I've also gotten into the habit of buying most characters a HP boost before each battle which is around $1k per battle, which may not be the wisest thing to be doing... I mean, I guess if someone comes down to within 5HP of death, I'm not doing my job right lol.)

I assume this of course is to force you to carefully consider buying the most necessary things at all times, and to encourage you to sell weapons and stuff you no longer need, but every decision is making me sweat!

Yeah money is limited in Conquest so you have to be careful when it comes to spending money. However, you should never run out since they give you a generous amount throughout the game to spend on everything you should need.

Percy's
paralogue is also good for making some extra money if you haven't done it yet.

I attempted to, but I couldn't figure out a way to defeat
Garon
without having everyone throw their lives at him, so I gave up on that.

I took one look at
Garon
on Chapter 12 my first time through (on Hard), and was like NOPE. On the other hand,
defeating Xander
was possible, so I did it to send a message.

Unfortunately, when I did that chapter on Lunatic I was not set up to take
Xander
down without losing someone. So I tried to earn as much EXP as possible before ferrying Corrin to the escape point. (
For some reason, the strategy of moving Corrin to the stage to redirect Xander's group did not work on Xander after a few times, so I couldn't defeat all the other enemies
)

Shinypogs

God dammit, I'm plotting out the lunatic conquest run I want to do after my upcoming lunatic birthright run and I just realized I want to field too many units which would leave Azura and Elise without pairup buddies/ people to hide behind come endgame. My perfect dream team shall never be :( Now I have to mull over who's getting cut so I can keep the girls safe. If I don't plan on doing an endgame cheese strat that needs refreshing though I could just not field azura that map and pair Elise with Xander, hmmm.

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone know what the deal is with Conquest Ch.21?

It says the mission is 'escape with all units' but I just lost someone and it didn't Game Over me... or would that only be for people playing on Classic or something?

Anyone know what the deal is with Conquest Ch.21?

It says the mission is 'escape with all units' but I just lost someone and it didn't Game Over me... or would that only be for people playing on Classic or something?

It means Chapter won't end until you escape with your units that are still alive

Jintor

i'm actually super curious to figure out what silas's deal is.

wish he was more present beyond that map where he first turns up in birthright, cos he feels... kinda tacked on. well, that's always been fire emblem's problem, and it feels more exacerbated than normal here...

Azuran

Banned
i'm actually super curious to figure out what silas's deal is.

wish he was more present beyond that map where he first turns up in birthright, cos he feels... kinda tacked on. well, that's always been fire emblem's problem, and it feels more exacerbated than normal here...

I love Silas just because he seems to love discreetly putting down people in most of his supports. He's not at Jakob's level, but he puts some work nonetheless.

ohlawd

are all the skills I can buy from online MyCastle legit meaning character X shouldn't have a skill it can't normally learn? so far I've found that any first gen character can get any skill that isn't related to Villager and Nohr Princess, Aptitude on two kids (dunno who they are). everything else is fair game?

Jintor

atm really disappointed in mofu's supports. she's so adorable but her supports are so middle of the road blah :( :( :(

on the other a lot of the hoshindans are cool cats, especially the girls.

can't wait to meet Nohr in like 2 months when I finally get through Birthright

PK Gaming

God dammit, I'm plotting out the lunatic conquest run I want to do after my upcoming lunatic birthright run and I just realized I want to field too many units which would leave Azura and Elise without pairup buddies/ people to hide behind come endgame. My perfect dream team shall never be :( Now I have to mull over who's getting cut so I can keep the girls safe. If I don't plan on doing an endgame cheese strat that needs refreshing though I could just not field azura that map and pair Elise with Xander, hmmm.

You definitely don't need to waste a pair up buddy on Azura; her job is to refresh people, and a support buddy doesn't help her do that job better. You can keep her safe by constantly keeping her out of enemy range (and making sure to anticipate things like lunge and what not). Same with Elise; it's a waste to deploy a unit for a character who's strictly there for support.

Just so you know, Lunatic Endgame pretty much necessitates a refreshing cheese stat (or 2 pass users with Rescue).

Azuran

Banned
are all the skills I can buy from online MyCastle legit meaning character X shouldn't have a skill it can't normally learn? so far I've found that any first gen character can get any skill that isn't related to Villager and Nohr Princess, Aptitude on two kids (dunno who they are). everything else is fair game?

Yeah. Shigure and male Kana are the only kids who can't legally have Aptitude because it's impossible for Mozu to be their mom.

Also, some skills like Dragonskin are enemy only so no one can have them without hacking.

Edit: Scratch Kana. I forgot you can marry a female Corrin to a second gen character that has Aptitude.

Mcdohl

Finished Revelations and loved it :)

Great FE overall (all 3 combined).

Glad it did great in sales as well, because that means there will be more FE in the future :)

BowieZ

Banned

Huh, just tried this and Hero is not a reclass option for Master Ninja... not sure where I got that idea from... I guess I'll settle for Swordmaster/Master of Arms as that grants me Vantage which is an often handy one.

ZeroX03

Banned
I hate the conundrum of either choosing to have the cool 3D battles turned on, or getting battles over much quicker. The game is just sprites on a field otherwise, but I've got three campaigns and limited time.

Shinypogs

You definitely don't need to waste a pair up buddy on Azura; her job is to refresh people, and a support buddy doesn't help her do that job better. You can keep her safe by constantly keeping her out of enemy range (and making sure to anticipate things like lunge and what not). Same with Elise; it's a waste to deploy a unit for a character who's strictly there for support.

Just so you know, Lunatic Endgame pretty much necessitates a refreshing cheese stat (or 2 pass users with Rescue).

During the five runs I've done so far I usually kept those two ( or azura and sakura when playing birthright/rev) out of enemy range but conquest's endgame makes it harder because of the reinforcements from behind. Azura wasn't fielded at all during my conquest hard/classic endgame and Elise was on her own but Xander was there to shelter her when it was needed, otherwise he was busy dual striking or picking off units. I'm concerned there won't be enough safe spots on the map for Azura and Elise during endgame on lunatic. However I could be wrong and if I can avoid having to buddy them up then it leaves me with what should be more than enough offensive power to handle what the map throws at you and get to the boss at a reasonable pace.*

* I've seen conquest lunatic endgame tackled a few different ways and while I'd like to win on my own terms I have no qualms about cheesing the map should it be necessary.

I hate the conundrum of either choosing to have the cool 3D battles turned on, or getting battles over much quicker. The game is just sprites on a field otherwise, but I've got three campaigns and limited time.
Switch it to only showing animations on your phase so the bulk of combat is animation-less but you still get to see some each chapter?

McNum

I gave Felicia a Flame Shuriken. That... that just ain't right. I look forward to seeing her demolish foes. Which is NOT a thing that happened in Paralogue 8.

All flying foes? Annoying terrain? New unit stranded with most of the enemy force between him and us? Yeah... Rescue Staff is a must, and Ryoma just got let loose on them. I am beginning to have a severe distaste for Malig Knights. I look forward to using one in Conquest.

But I got Takumi's son. That's two child units recruited. Sophie and Kiragi. I suppose I should advance the story after this.

Jintor

oh yeah, forgot to mention. should I be trying to S+ rank peeps to unlock paralogues as fast as possible instead of spreading the love like I usually do? I think that was the optimal strat in Awakening

oh yeah, forgot to mention. should I be trying to S+ rank peeps to unlock paralogues as fast as possible instead of spreading the love like I usually do? I think that was the optimal strat in Awakening

Paralogues scale to the chapter now, so there's no rush to do them ASAP unless you want the kids. And after a point the kids come with a special item called an Offspring Seal that instantly scales them to an appropriate level anyway.

Top Bottom