• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

How useful you'll find Mozu (or any character like her) is basically is decided by how much you like using her. If you enjoy watching a character go from weak to strong, you will go through the trouble of investing resources to make her good. Other characters will do exactly what she does but better though. On lower difficulties basically anyone is salvageable, so if you think her having high growths makes her OP, then you'll probably try to make her OP. Remember that the amount of investment it takes to make her good will basically make anyone good.

That's not exactly true for Nohr, since she can be your only archer and get some niche use out of that, but in general, high growths alone don't make a good unit.

Shun

Mozume and Denis are both overhyped as units. Mozume is alright if you need an extra ranged character but she isn't particularly amazing when compared to other units in the middle and later on. Denis was ungrateful as hell and was only worth passing down pegasus knight.

Mozume has her uses for people who want to use her, I just don't see her as a demigod when units like Elfie, Leon, Xander, Camilla, Corrin, Hinoka, etc. all exist.

Same here. Finishing Chapter 10 on hard was a white-knuckle prayer to the RNG gods. I've never felt such an adrenaline rush watching my units get a couple lucky dodges on turn 11, my heart can't take much more of this, Christ.

Unfortunately, I lost Arthur on that mission. I'll miss that Chin.

Nooooo get Arthur back.

child spoilers

He's one of the best children in the game in terms of utility and stats and you get Captain America in your army.

Should I use a Master Seal on Elise? She's pretty much always on my team since she's my healer so...

If she's at 20.

Busaiku

Bleh, I haven't been doing Supports properly at all.
Most are still C and it's already Chapter 14...

Should I start Pairing Up now, or is that normal?

Shun

Bleh, I haven't been doing Supports properly at all.
Most are still C and it's already Chapter 14...

Should I start Pairing Up now, or is that normal?

Try to pair up now you still have time for kid units. Optimize their stats. The most optimal way to support grind is having characters side by side rather than paired up. You can support bonus all the adjacent units that way and it makes things go faster.

Some characters like Odin, need to work their ass off to get their child support because Odin other than being a middle school speech pattern, is a terrible unit. Had to S rank him fast so I can just get his amazing kid and move on.

Should I use a Master Seal on Elise? She's pretty much always on my team since she's my healer so...

1 and 10, promotion is 5 and 15.

Like this for almost every class except for the special non-promoted classes like Songstress, beast classes, dread fighter, witch, etc.

Shun

Is it bad that I don't care for the kids?
I'm not going to use them and have no disire to.

No since you have more than enough great units with Camilla, Leon, Xander, Corrin, Beruka, Silas existing and throwing on pairs for them make them even better. They are just spread across later chapters.

You can S Rank and ignore the kids just for the bonus, but some of the kids are pretty good. A couple are total trash tho.

Gruco

Banned
Same here. Finishing Chapter 10 on hard was a white-knuckle prayer to the RNG gods. I've never felt such an adrenaline rush watching my units get a couple lucky dodges on turn 11, my heart can't take much more of this, Christ.

Yeah, I had the same thing. Really elevated heart rate for the final two turns. The worst part is how it just keeps getting worse the entire time.
It goes from "oh neat, survival mission!' to "woah there easy on the pegasus knights" after a couple rounds, to "Oh god did that just happen" after the dragon vein. And they still weren't done...that final rush...

Wilsongt

Noooooo! Not THE CHIN OF JUSTICE!!

Draxal

You can use anyone and be fine in Birthright. But Sakura gets completely outclassed and Azama gives a child.

So I mean you can do what you want with her.

A lot of the descriptions in the OP are jokes and parodies made by the JP fanbase so if you find it accurate in the english version then I think Treehouse did a good job.

Does the Japanese fanbase joke about Ougi as much as the American fanbase? Ryoma sure likes to say it alot.

any guides/walkthroughs out there yet that will help me not miss characters/important stuff?

also, guides on not screwing up anything regarding leveling characters?

lastly, are there any characters to avoid that already start pre-promoted and stuff that will screw up your exp gains?

anyone on these?

Rutger

Banned
Getting to three villages for the best reward in Nohr Chapter 8 Lunatic wasn't that bad at all. I was pretty scared when I first saw the soldier summon seven reinforcements, haha. That 10000 gold was something I needed.

The more I play, the more I love the gameplay changes in this game, Intelligent Systems did a great job with this one.

Shun

Does the Japanese fanbase joke about Ougi as much as the American fanbase? Ryoma sure likes to say it alot.

Someone probably does but Ougi just refers to a skill and games like Tales and Musou use that a lot as it is. It's like how characters use hissatsu before their move like how the chuuni characters in FE do. The difference is that the chuuni characters at least name their special skill like AWAKENING VANDER and AWAKENING HOLY and HOLY DEVIL SWORD.

Other than the big BL fan base, the other side of the fanbase which is a little more grounded and serious joke about how Ryouma looks like a shrimp or lobster because there is a real shrimp called Ryoumaebi and Ryouma's design is similar.

scan49.jpg

Like the english fanbase, they still joke about how Kamui is always barefoot compared to everyone else. They joke about Aqua's supports in each of the route. Also Harold's super american comic book laugh HAHAHAHAHAROLD, PROTECTOR OF JUSTICEEEEEEE.
The stupid chainsaw yato too.

Conquest Chapter 8:
Is it possible to save/recruit Flora? She doesn't move so I've just gone around her after seeing that neither Corrin or Felicia can talk to her.

Shun

Conquest Chapter 8:
Is it possible to save/recruit Flora? She doesn't move so I've just gone around her after seeing that neither Corrin or Felicia can talk to her.

Spoilers

No Flora doesn't die.
She is one of the couple characters that get recruited through My Castle. You can kill her in chapter 8 and then recruit her later when you have a certain building at level 3.

Javier

I haven't posted here because I'm so into the game that I can't drop it. I finished Nohr Ch.13 and I've married two couples (Arthur x Mozu and Silas x Nyx) and gotten their respective offsprings.

I'm LOVING the game so far. The mechanics are nicely balanced (it certainly feels more balanced than most games in the series) and the unbreakable weapons are implemented really well. I'm liking most of the cast so far, and my top unit so far are Silas, Niles, Effie, and Elise and Azura for utility.

Amazing game. The story is a bit meh but par for the course for the series. I'm certainly enjoying it more than FE7 and FE10 post-Part 3.

How do I get my hands on some gold in this game?

I had 16,000 at one point but spent that on healing items and a couple of other things I can't remember.

That's all the gold I had and haven't received anything to sell or gold in the past 4 or 6 chapters. My team is still rocking their starting gear.

Xenoflare

You can't even use the free awakening DLC to grind weapon proficients in Conquest can you.

I really don't want to use my arms scroll yet lol

Hero

Playing through Birthright on hard. Is it just me or do the units from Hoshido suck? They're all useless, but I'm only on chapter 7

Fireblend

Banned
I'm having such a hard time waiting for my SE to reach me. To think I probably have to wait til next friday is tearing me apart T_T I need this now.

Still excited for my order to come in next week, but to the people saying the story is dumb, are we talking magnitudes of dumber than Awakening? Or just similar?

GSR

Still excited for my order to come in next week, but to the people saying the story is dumb, are we talking magnitudes of dumber than Awakening? Or just similar?

Awakening's story was just kind of there. Fates (especially on Conquest) tries to do more and just crashes and burns.

Gestahl

Awakening was dumb and half-baked, this is dumb and coming steaming out of the oven with half the hosue on fire and the fire department called

Jesus, Chapter 10 of Birthright on Hard has me sweating. I'm over halfway through, but one wrong move and I'm dust. I'd avoided grinding up to this point, but if the rest of the game is like this, I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up.

Phionoxx

Just got Mozu to level 10 - should I make her an Archer now or keep her as Villager until I get up to level 20? Kind of want her to start laying the hurt on some people.

Just got Mozu to level 10 - should I make her an Archer now or keep her as Villager until I get up to level 20? Kind of want her to start laying the hurt on some people.

Switching classes won't change her level or anything, so I don't see the issue. It's not the same as promoting her

Kinsei

Banned
Dragonfang skill can still activate but u can't use dragonstones anymore

Seeing how that skill has activated a grand total of one time for me I'll pass on using a heart seal.

Birthright chapter 20 and so far this game is boring, I prefer Awakening more, maybe because it was my 1st FE :\

I think that might be it. The map design in Birthright puts Awakening to shame.

CSX

Seeing how that skill has activated a grand total of one time for me I'll pass on using a heart seal.
It activates based on skill stat and overall, Corrin won't have decent SKL numbers unless u made it his boon.

In my import playthrough, I gave him all the skill books when he promoted just so I can see it as least once a battle lol...

Shun

Leo's son is a Troubadour? Sigh... no thanks

That's why you reclass him. Depending on his mother he makes a fantastic magic class.

Dark Knight/Dark Flier? God damn. Leon's son is like the greatest successor.

Dude is like straight up, The Hero Nohr Deserves, but not The Hero Nohr Needs.

Top Bottom