• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Not gonna lie, I'm missing having the wiggle room. My level ups are abysmal. :(

It's like old Fire Emblem now, I guess they did this for balance reasons so even if you grind you can't just cap out everything like you could in Awakening.

Which means waiting till 20 to promote is really the best strategy so you can squeeze all the growth you can out of your units since there's no do-overs like in Awakening.

Forkball

If you replay Paralogues do boss characters reshow up again? I am playing Paralogue 2 and
Lloyd and Llweyn randomly showed up. I read you can catch them with a skill that Orochi has. Can I replay the map to get them or are they gone?

So as excepted people struggle a lot on Conquest Ch 10. If I can give you one advice about that : Don't hesitate to use Camilla even if she steals XP, there are too many ennemies anyway you can't kill them all.

And also kill Takumi but that's really hard

sueil

Can someone give me the lowdown on skills and promotions? If I become a hoshido noble then because a swordmaster from a heart seal is it possible to earn the samurai skills still?

Also apparently I shouldn't promote til level 20?

OceanBlue

Lol my Sakura needs to stop getting Strength level ups. Edit: Unless her promote uses Strength. In that case I'm getting lucky on these stats.

Forkball

Paralogue 2 has an insane number of reinforcements. If I could have survived one 58% chance hit I would make it, but alas I did not. Maybe I'm not supposed to do them at chapter 9.

Pundere

If I want something about as difficult as Awakening's hard mode should I get Birthright and play on hard/lunatic or Conquest on normal/hard?

Just beat chapter 9 on my Hoshido lunatic/deathless/grindless run. This map was actually pretty easy, since there were great choke points, and no reason to have to go fast. Also got a bunch of exp with the ton of reinforcements that show up at the end. I was able to level up Hayato to almost the same level as my main units, and he's gotten insane level ups each time. Probably going to be on of my best units late game if this keeps up.

silva1991

I don't understand Felicia
wasn't she working with the Nohr family
?

did she betray Nohr behind the scenes around chapter 6/7 or something?

scarlet

Paralogue 2 has an insane number of reinforcements. If I could have survived one 58% chance hit I would make it, but alas I did not. Maybe I'm not supposed to do them at chapter 9.

Yeah, I died in my1st try. Tried again and do it faster in 2nd time. I did in chapter 19.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So... (children identity spoilers maybe)

Kaze and Rinkah have an S rank, but their child's paralogue isn't showing up for some reason?

MLH

Lol my Sakura needs to stop getting Strength level ups. Edit: Unless her promote uses Strength. In that case I'm getting lucky on these stats.

cd1.png

GSR

So... (children identity spoilers maybe)

Kaze and Rinkah have an S rank, but their child's paralogue isn't showing up for some reason?

Kaze's shows up later in Birthright (after ch. 15.)

A hint that's also a potential spoiler:
Make sure he has A rank by then with Corrin. Yes, even if he's married to Rinkah.

Alright, got my copy of Birthright and played a few chapters. Picked deft as my boon, unlucky as my bane, and dragon as my talent. Is it bad if I haven't gotten any strength in like 4 level ups?

Also, Xander's horse sure can jump.

If you choose the branch of fate to start a new game how does it determine level ups? Do you miss out on items like the Goddess icon in mission 4?

silva1991

Glad I picked up Birthright'

Nohr way kinda looks dark to me and looks like something I would pick in a second playthrough not first.

If you choose the branch of fate to start a new game how does it determine level ups? Do you miss out on items like the Goddess icon in mission 4?

Hmm. Not sure about level ups for Avatar if you change stuff but everything else (Inc Inventory) seems to flow through from the game you last reached the Fate Point on. I started at Level 7 with my exact Inventory including a Vulnerary with 2 uses left (which isn't likely to be a default item). So if you want the goddess icon make sure it's transferred to Corrin.

One of her promotes is Yumi + Rod , the other is Scroll + Rod, so a Strength Sakura can work. Her Second Class (Sky Knight) is good with strength too.

NeonZ

I reclassed Hinoka to Basara for Rend Heaven, but instead of it, I keep getting Seal Defense WTF.

I tried to reclass to Spear Master and still getting Seal Defense.

That's how it works. You first get the skills of the unpromoted class and afterwards starts getting the ones of the promoted one. There's no way to go back to a standard class, so this is the only way to get their skills.

Just finished the prologue and I'm loving this game already. The story and characters seem a lot stronger overall (for the most part), and I actually felt really bad about abandoning the Hoshido even though I was basically just introduced to all of these characters. All the gameplay changes seem really cool too.

I definitely made the right choice gameplay wise though. All of the Hoshido characters seem pretty lame and annoying for the most part. The only real standout is that I think Ryoma is a little cooler than Xander and some of the Hoshidan units are cool, but the rest of your family in Hoshido was super annoying. It's a little weird that Xander and Leo turned out so well considering their dad, but I guess that just means Xander was a really good father.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just got married to Sakura; she turned out really cute. <3
We even both hit 20 and Master Sealed on the same fight.

Does Permadeath only kick in after chapter 6 or is it immediately? I lost the maid character on chapter 3 and her death dialogue was really unclear.

ryseing

Who is everyone using with Birthright using to tank hits besides dragonstone Corrin? My Silas is turning out really mediocre, and Hinoka's ok but is still a little squishy and obviously can't tank archers. Need someone made of a little sterner stuff

Kaden w/Dracoshield. Crazy high resistance and decent defense with the aforementioned item.

Top Bottom