• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Anyone wanna visit Yeezus? All in good fun! I'll visit back and leave feedback. I'm ch 10 conquest and have fooled around in my castle some so I've got some random badasses lol.

Yeezus
11348-89771
60278-51620

jorgejjvr

How can I see how many spaces the enemy can walk?

I'm also noticing that at least at the beginning of the game, people are retreating, not dying, and I picked classic

Kinsei

Banned
How can I see how many spaces the enemy can walk?

I'm also noticing that at least at the beginning of the game, people are retreating, not dying, and I picked classic

The number beside the foot icon on the touch screen when you highlight the enemy.

They retreat because they're still plot important. You can't use them again though.

press A on an enemy or alternatively, press X and it'll show all enemy reachable squares.

That's not always Ideal though. You might accidentally move a unite and create a path to your healer or archer if you go by that alone.

jorgejjvr

The number beside the foot icon on the touch screen when you highlight the enemy.

They retreat because they're still plot important. You can't use them again though.
So like, I can't use them again ever, or I can't use them in the remaining of that battle.

Cause Sakura retreated in 5, and came back in chapter 6

Astral Dog

Kinda sad to see all the story bashing, after all it was a little girl request to see her dad work on a Fire Emblem game to make the plot more fun :(

Kinsei

Banned
So like, I can't use them again ever, or I can't use them in the remaining of that battle.

Cause Sakura retreated in 5, and came back in chapter 7

Up until the choice I think. Someone here lost Kaze and Rinkah in chapter 4 and couldn't use them in chapter 5.

jorgejjvr

Up until the choice I think. Someone here lost Kaze and Rinkah in chapter 4 and couldn't use them in chapter 5.
So like, after chapter 6, on chapter 7 and on

That's when I most definitely don't want my troops to die?

A couple did 'die' in previous chapters, but I'm hoping since they retreated they come back

I guess I can't mess up anymore now lol

When you are done with chapter 6, you go to my castle section, who is everyone that should be available then?

Just to compare and make sure that I do have everyone

ciD_Vain

That's not always Ideal though. You might accidentally move a unite and create a path to your healer or archer if you go by that alone.
Yeah I'm just assuming he knows that bit lol

Chase17

So like, after chapter 6, on chapter 7 and on

That's when I most definitely don't want my troops to die?

A couple did 'die' in previous chapters, but I'm hoping since they retreated they come back

I guess I can't mess up anymore now lol

When you are done with chapter 6, you go to my castle section, who is everyone that should be available then?

Just to compare and make sure that I do have everyone

Corrin, Sakura, Rinka, Felicia/Jakob, Azura and Kaze.

Emarv

Not a big fan of Awakening, but I'm really enjoying Birthright so far. Maybe because I have it on Hard/Casual. I'll do Conquest on Classic, since I enjoy older Fire Emblems more.

Casual sure does alleviate a lot of the tension, though.

Best Buy still hasn't shipped my Special Edition so I decided I couldn't wait any longer and used my Amazon digital credit from using Prime no-rush shipping credits. So glad I went ahead wnd started playing. Still early as I just got it but so far this is absolutely amazing.

The soundtrack is incredible and I'm digging the story. I hope the rest of the game co tinues to be as good as the first couple of hours. Can't wait!

Just beat Chapter 18 of Birthright in one turn lol. I'm playing on Normal but I think it would work fine on Hard at least too. I didn't save so I can replay the chapter because I'm not using skirmishes.

I gave Hinoka a Beast Killer, had her move ahead, had Azura dance, then Hinoka reached the boss and killed him with an OHKO.

Sifl

I'm guessing the best strat for Birthright Chapter 12 is
pairing mc with a flying unit and going straight for the exit? I tried 3 times till I said fuck it and just did that, playing on Hard mode.

Yep, game is more difficult than Awakening even while playing Birthright. Took me a bit to beat 10 and now stuck at 11.
Edit: Best grind spot is Before Awakening DLC since no money and it is free DLC.

Javier

Fort Javier:

07535-82993
53288-64970

My happy couples so far:

Arthur x Mozu
Silas x Nyx
Odin x Elise
Niles x Effie
Kaze x Camilla

Wow I just got a text from my friends that the 2 ebgames they went to had the regular editions of FE Fates both sold out. All of them just decided to download it digitally. I'm happy hearing this though, while the story in Fates is average the gameplay is superb, IS nailed it in terms of gameplay.

Is there any way to see on the map your characters' attack range? Soem of them use weapons that you can attack enemies from a diagonal or a couple spaces away, but I'm not sure if there's a way to actually see this on the map or if you just have to know.

Kinda like how it works in Advance WArs.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
My friend has got Fire Emblem fever, so she gave me some voice samples from her favorite character + the one I thought looked coolest (Ryouma and Scarlet/Crimson), and I remixed them into a song.

Check it out here!

I think the part at 30-50 seconds sounds rad a f.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Is there any way to see on the map your characters' attack range? Soem of them use weapons that you can attack enemies from a diagonal or a couple spaces away, but I'm not sure if there's a way to actually see this on the map or if you just have to know.
Only when you select them individually. There isn't an aggregate ally attack ranges function.

Dimmle

This is the only Fire Emblem that makes me feel like I'm missing out if I disable battle animations. The dynamic music for every map really elevates the tension. Did Awakening have this feature?

Ok, I am pissed. (Major Hoshido spoiler)

What the fuck, Kaze just fell off a fucking cliff and died. He was one of my best units, and he died because I didn't have an A rank with him and the avatar? So do I just lose his paralogue? This is bullshit

Draxal

This is the only Fire Emblem that makes me feel like I'm missing out if I disable battle animations. The dynamic music for every map really elevates the tension. Did Awakening have this feature?

Yes, however it didn't have the zoom into the function of the map like this one does.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Soooo Chapter 8 boss. Kilma.
I have my entire crew surrounding him and I'm scared shitless to go attack him. I don't even know what Nosferatu does. I guess I have to stack my anti-dodge ability wielders on him and just go HAM. My first move can do 15 damage and get him halfway there but I mean... If he lives somebody is gonna die. This just turned into a freaking puzzle game all of a sudden.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I have my entire crew surrounding him and I'm scared shitless to go attack him. I don't even know what Nosferatu does. I guess I have to stack my anti-dodge ability wielders on him and just go HAM. My first move can do 15 damage and get him halfway there but I mean... If he lives somebody is gonna die. This just turned into a freaking puzzle game all of a sudden.
You should be able to hover over an enemy and then click his weapon on the touch screen to read its stats/effect.

I don't know about Nosferatu in Fates, but it's always had a "steal hp = half of damage dealt" kind of effect.

Dimmle

Haha, please report back.

Kinsei

Banned
So are there (Spoilers for Birthright, and possibly the other routes)
any other characters in the games that you can lose based on support rank like Kaze in Birthright?

zohar

Neo Member
I'm guessing the best strat for Birthright Chapter 12 is
pairing mc with a flying unit and going straight for the exit? I tried 3 times till I said fuck it and just did that, playing on Hard mode.

If you start heading for the exit, the Nohr family units will start heading that direction too. You can keep alternating between the exit area and the boats so that they keep trying to go back and forth. This buys you some time to grind for exp. I do NOT recommend using the Dragon's Vein to freeze the water.

Dad

If you start heading for the exit, the Nohr family units will start heading that direction too. You can keep alternating between the exit area and the boats so that they keep trying to go back and forth. This buys you some time to grind for exp. I do NOT recommend using the Dragon's Vein to freeze the water.

Damn, I didn't even think to try that. I tried three times to get down to the thief and chest fast enough
but always ended up with Xander bearing down on me before I could get to the exit.
Fourth try I just got frustrated and flew to the exit early. Oh well

You should be able to hover over an enemy and then click his weapon on the touch screen to read its stats/effect.

I don't know about Nosferatu in Fates, but it's always had a "steal hp = half of damage dealt" kind of effect.

Haha, please report back.

I just completed that chapter last night. Nosferatu does indeed restore health to the boss.

Also, for other Conquest peeps, I have yet to be able to use Felicia after chapter 6 because she retreated in battle. Because I'm playing on "classic", did I lose her permanently in battle and she'll only show in story sequences?

Also Elise didn't fight with me in Chapter 8's battle. Is this normal?

Top Bottom