• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Should I be trying to level up Mozu like Donnel in Awakening?

And are there any Hoshido characters I should avoid? I've just been using the ones I like the most.

Kinsei

Banned
I just completed that chapter last night. Nosferatu does indeed restore health to the boss.

Also, for other Conquest peeps, I have yet to be able to use Felicia after chapter 6 because she retreated in battle. Because I'm playing on "classic" did I lose her permanently in battle and she'll only show in story sequences?

She's gone for good.

And are there any Hoshido characters I should avoid? I've just been using the ones I like the most.

She's good. reclass her to an archer using the heart seal ASAP.

If you're not on lunatic then use who you want. So far on hard it seems like everyone is viable.

Before I start getting children characters, are there any certain pairings / guidelines I need to follow to make sure I get all of the children? Or will I be fine as long as I've recruited everyone? Birthright btw, thanks!

kagamin

If people are having trouble with Conquest chapter 10, I can offer my advice from playing Lunatic on the JP version! (P.S. names won't match up probably).

My strats in spoiler:
I rushed Takumi with my Kamui/Joker pair and defeated him the turn before he activates the Dragon Vein, it allowed me to stay bunkered up and blockade the right side of the map more effectively as well as have better control of how the enemies could attack me.

Dimmle

So uh, I promoted Sakura to a Priestess and instantly regret it. Is there a way to switch her to the alternate promotion?

DarkKyo

So I just got to chapter 8 and I don't really know where to go to manage my units... is this option not unlocked until later?

Hard mode on Birthright is taking years off my life. Barely made it out of Chapter 11. I was about to lose Silas on the last turn, but the RNGoddess was watching over me and the enemy missed their second hit with >80% chance of hitting.

Finally got some solid footing on Birthright Chapter 10. Pray that I don't screw it up, GAF.

Woof. Good luck. The reinforcements on that one keep up the pressure for a good while (or at least they did for me).

Andrew J.

Got up through Chapter 7 in Conquest yesterday. Only one restart, I left Felicia open in Chapter 6 and Hinoka took her out. There was also a close call in 7, the boss got Arthur down to 1 HP, but fortunately it was close to the end and I managed to finish off the enemies the next turn.

Is there any way to change your characters name? There seems to be a space in front of mine so the text looks weird when they mention my characters name. Basically it looks like "_Marzipan" rather than "Marzipan"

Avoid Subaki, Hinata and Orochi (except if you want to capture some enemy), their speed is incredibly low. Rinka is a little bit underwhelming too and Asama is irrelevant, the rest is good.

Mozu didn't get a lot of amazing level up in my playthrough honestly and her class is really bad.

Draxal

Avoid Subaki, Hinata and Orochi (except if you want to capture some enemy), their speed is incredibly low. Rinka is a little bit underwhelming too and Asama is irrelevant, the rest is good.

Mozu didn't get a lot of amazing level up in my playthrough honestly and her class is really bad.

Honestly I prefer Subaki over Hana. Hana is super super frail.

Squire

Banned
When did you reclass Mozu? Should unlock any specific villager skills first?

Pretty sure you just reclass her as soon as you get her. She doesn't have the skill Donnel had that made him eat levels like French fries.

I reclass her at 2 and yeah, she's immediately pretty good if you play smart and keep her living.

Okay so I made it Turn 9 in Chapter 10 Conquest and 'm doing okay but then Takumi uses the Dragon Vein and now all the enemies are swarming towards the right of the screen. What do I do? :/

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
You should be able to hover over an enemy and then click his weapon on the touch screen to read its stats/effect.
I don't know about Nosferatu in Fates, but it's always had a "steal hp = half of damage dealt" kind of effect.
Haha, please report back.
So I made a diagram...
7DD1nWYl.jpg
There's a couple of errors like Odin is going to 6 2 and Elise is going to 5 7. Then there's the assumptions! Assumption 1 is that everyone is going to hit. Assumption 2 is that Nosferatu rounds up.

Anyway, here I go.

DarkKyo

So I just got to chapter 8 and I don't really know where to go to manage my units... is this option not unlocked until later?

In awakening I'm pretty sure you could just press start on the map screen to check out your units but there doesn't seem to be any kind of menu to do that in this game. I feel dumb because it's probably really obvious and I'm just not seeing it :/

Chase17

Okay so I made it Turn 9 in Chapter 10 Conquest and 'm doing okay but then Takumi uses the Dragon Vein and now all the enemies are swarming towards the right of the screen. What do I do? :/
Don't use the dragon vein on the replay. Did you talk to him with Azura?

If you mean on your attempt I'm not sure.

Sifl

I asked this yesterday but I don't think it was answered, is there anyone for Birthright (or any of the paths) that you absolutely should not pair, because their children will be bad/not optimal in terms of stats and available jobs?

Dimmle

So I made a diagram...

There's a couple of errors like Odin is going to 6 and Elise is going to 5. Then there's the assumptions! Assumption 1 is that everyone is going to hit. Assumption 2 is that Nosferatu rounds up.

Anyway, here I go.

I love this.

So uh, I kinda messed up in my order of operations for Birthright Chapter 10 and had to miss the treasure chest. I'm guessing it's something great? I really don't want to do that chapter over again.

In awakening I'm pretty sure you could just press start on the map screen to check out your units but there doesn't seem to be any kind of menu to do that in this game. I feel dumb because it's probably really obvious and I'm just not seeing it :/

On the map press B and it'll take you to My Castle then press X.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Before I start getting children characters, are there any certain pairings / guidelines I need to follow to make sure I get all of the children? Or will I be fine as long as I've recruited everyone? Birthright btw, thanks!

If your Avatar is male, make sure you pair him either with one of the child characters or with one of the characters that can't marry anyone other than the male Avatar. If you pair him with one of the 1st-gen girls, there won't be enough girls left to pair all of the men, and you will miss out on one of the children. This is true on all three paths.

If your Avatar is female, you don't need to worry about this--you'll be able to get all of the children no matter who you pair her with (well, as long as you don't pair her with Rhajat, of course).

Luigi87

Seeing as I didn't play much of Awakening, about how many chapters into Birthright/Conquest should I essentially be aiming to hit S rank support (or A+ alternatively)

My X menu at the castle only has "Inventory", "Equip Skills", "Support", and "Save".. I'm guessing I need to get a bit further into the game to get a character option in there?
If by "manage my units" you mean change their equips and such you'll go into the Inventory menu then choose Items for that character.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
My X menu at the castle only has "Inventory", "Equip Skills", "Support", and "Save".. I'm guessing I need to get a bit further into the game to get a character option in there?
I don't think there's an explicit manage units menu. It's just a combination of Inventory or Support. You can do pretty much everything you need there except reorder them in the menu for stat comparison.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I love this.
So the boss missed the first attack against Niles, and Elise had an unintended effect of giving +1 attack to all three attacks in his encounter. Which brought him down to 16. Which put him firmly in range of an Effie attack (with Elise +1) of 18. Which wouldn't have worked if Odin and Arthur didn't nerf that jerks dodge.

So as a EU gamer with a custom-firmware 3DS I thought about importing so I looked up the first 6 chapters to help me decide which version I should buy and this game makes it nigh impossible for me story-wise o.o

If I were to play
everything in me wants to pick Hoshido but from the beginning your Nohr siblings seem like genuinely caring and nice people given the circumstances but since the game outright tells you "Hoshido is your true family evil bad king abducted you!" I feel the correct way would be to join Hoshido. My ideal solution would be to convince the Nohr siblings to defect and join me in Hoshido to fight the evil king however I guess the game won't let me do that :p

So my order of playing would be Conquest --> Birthright --> Revelations just to see if I could fix things on Nohr's side but since I absolutely have and would want to play all three routes which would be no problem but I wouldn't be able to buy the DLC. I can force-load out-of-region cartridges thanks to Homebrew and CFW but I would have no way to access the US eShop :/

The game really seems to be hard for indecisive people like me, I can hardly even decide what I do if two friends ask me to hang out at the same time so my go-to answer is usually "hey why don't we hang all out?" :p

Wilsongt

That feel when Mozu get a lucky dodge on a 60%+ hit that would have killed her... Those archer reinforcements were brutal in Chapter 12. I am glad I actually brought Azura along. I had to skip the treasure chests because fuck that Freeze staff Healer and I couldn't escape Corrin until the very last turn.

Then I start Chapter 13 and Laslow dies on the third turn. Fuck that sniper.

Wiseblade

So, I'm going to get this game day 1 when it drops in Europe. I do have one dilemma though: which game do start with?

If I go with Birthright, will the lack of mission diversity burn me out before I get to Conquest? Will playing Conquest exhaust me before I get to birthright?

Apologies if this has been answered, but how do I get the bonuses for 2 paths? My Birthright got delayed and just got it today, so I bought Conquest on release day. Now when I try to receive the gifts for 2 paths it is greed out. Anyone know what to do?

DarkKyo

If by "manage my units" you mean change their equips and such you'll go into the Inventory menu then choose Items for that character.

I don't think there's an explicit manage units menu. It's just a combination of Inventory or Support. You can do pretty much everything you need there except reorder them in the menu for stat comparison.

Ahh, gotcha.. makes sense, thanks guys! How about changing class/promoting? Can that be found in those menus as well?

Kinsei

Banned
Apologies if this has been answered, but how do I get the bonuses for 2 paths? My Birthright got delayed and just got it today, so I bought Conquest on release day. Now when I try to receive the gifts for 2 paths it is greed out. Anyone know what to do?

You don't get the bonuses if you own them both physically.

I'm on chapter 8 and I'm considering turning off permadeath.

Aptos that make me a bitch? I feel like I would be cheating but at the same time, I get the feeling I'd probably not beat the game otherwise.

Top Bottom