• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Kinsei

Banned
I'm on chapter 8 and I'm considering turning off permadeath.

Aptos that make me a bitch? I feel like I works be cheating but at the same time, I get the feeling I'd princely nor beat the game otherwise.

Can you without restarting the game? I know you can lower the difficulty but I think Classic/Casual/Phoenix is a one time choice.

Pau

Hard mode on Birthright is taking years off my life. Barely made it out of Chapter 11. I was about to lose Silas on the last turn, but the RNGoddess was watching over me and the enemy missed their second hit with >80% chance of hitting.
Yeah, I'm wondering if I can even play these games on anything but the easiest mode anymore. I just don't have the time to reset chapters for deaths or terrible level ups. :(

McBryBry

So, since I have both versions of the game, I've got these Dread Scrolls...

Who would be best you think? I don't know anything about the Dread Fighter class (or any classes really)

Mudron

Dumb question: does anyone know if anything carries over from a playthrough of Birthright into Conquest (or vice versa), or if you just essentially start the whole game over again when you decide to tackle one of the other story paths?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh dear. I am enjoying this game enough that I am now considering diving into the deep dark Amiibo rabbithole. I have held zero interest, but I kind of want to use some of those older heroes.

I need to be strong...

suzu

I made my castle easy to seize, if anyone wants to grab some dragon vein points.

Address:
16372-39808
18278-65946

I also have free wheat and emeralds~

I sold my New 3DS back in November due to lack of monetary funds but I'm dancing with the concept of picking up either a 2DS or another 3DS for the game.
However, in Canada the prices are wonky and I figure it's only going to end up being 50$ or so more dollars for the bundle that includes the console and the game.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Conquest Chapter 10 question:

Can you recruit/capture Oboro and Hinaba on this path? Apparently they retreat but I want to make sure whenever or not I should try to capture them or just defend the town.

I sold my New 3DS back in November due to lack of monetary funds but I'm dancing with the concept of picking up either a 2DS or another 3DS for the game.
However, in Canada the prices are wonky and I figure it's only going to end up being 50$ or so more dollars for the bundle that includes the console and the game.
iirc the Fire Emblem Fates Limited Edition 3DS doesn't include any game

:v

Pogonip

Neo Member
After checking out my party's reclass options, I noticed that Felicia's Maid class is actually considered a Promoted class. But her stats aren't that much better than some of my better unpromoted units though at this point and she's already at Lv 10... did I just get duped into training this game's Jeigan? She's definitely starting to fall behind combat wise and I'm finding Elise more convenient for staff use.

Playing Nohr's path means I pretty much have her penciled in as one of my main units for my army, though. Are there any reclass options that can make her a bit more useful in battle?

Yea uhh even on Birthright Hard is harder than I remember Awakening Hard ever being. I am absolutely terrified any ANYBODY expect my unit take damage. The onyl reason I'm ok with my unit taking damage is she's basically a tank.

Hello, FEGAF! Picked up my Special Edition on Friday but haven't had a chance to play it until today. Thinking I'll start with Birthright then Conquest then Revelations. Really excited for a new Fire Emblem!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hello, FEGAF! Picked up my Special Edition on Friday but haven't had a chance to play it until today. Thinking I'll start with Birthright then Conquest then Revelations. Really excited for a new Fire Emblem!
Enjoy! The more I play, the more convinced I am that this one has the series' best gameplay.

Jarate

Banned
Just beat Chapter 10 of Birthright and felt confident in myself. Went to fight one of the amiibo battles and got annihilated by Marth

Are all the amiibo battles about the same difficulty?

Also key to this game seems to be
go as slow as humanly possible and force the enemy to separate and attack your big group of guys. Hopefully the tactics will change up though

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Face blowing is weird as fuck.

This is probably my favorite FE so far though (Birthright). Can't wait to get to Conquest, although the Asian aesthetic is extremely refreshing in how different it is from the norm.

So do the limited stock items in My Castle ever restock ? Or is that your entire supply of healing staves/rods etc for the game ? If so is there some way to recharge them ?

Same question for weapons (though that matters less since weapons don't have finite charges anymore).

Just beat Chapter 10 of Birthright and felt confident in myself. Went to fight one of the amiibo battles and got annihilated by Marth

Are all the amiibo battles about the same difficulty?

Also key to this game seems to be
go as slow as humanly possible and force the enemy to separate and attack your big group of guys. Hopefully the tactics will change up though

You can go faster, but it'll be harder. Fire Emblem games tend to rate you on the end on a variety of things, including your turn total

Sora_N

I beat Chapter 3 on Hard/Classic. Felt so good I even cleared the East Fort lol.

Chapter 4 seems annoying cuz the monsters gang up on Sakura by the time I make it up there.

If your Avatar is male, make sure you pair him either with one of the child characters or with one of the characters that can't marry anyone other than the male Avatar. If you pair him with one of the 1st-gen girls, there won't be enough girls left to pair all of the men, and you will miss out on one of the children. This is true on all three paths.

If your Avatar is female, you don't need to worry about this--you'll be able to get all of the children no matter who you pair her with (well, as long as you don't pair her with Rhajat, of course).

Aw, I married my male avatar to Felicia already. Oh well, it's only one character and I'm not taking this playthrough seriously when it comes to optimal pairings. Thanks! Is there one person's kid who is clearly the worst?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Birthright, probably applies for Rev too:

MAKE SURE YOU TALK TO HISAME IN HIS PARALOGUE. The scene afterwards will still make it sound like he's joining even though he doesn't. Missed out on him because of this.

Shun

Avoid Subaki, Hinata and Orochi (except if you want to capture some enemy), their speed is incredibly low. Rinka is a little bit underwhelming too and Asama is irrelevant, the rest is good.

Mozu didn't get a lot of amazing level up in my playthrough honestly and her class is really bad.

Orochi is an underwhelming unit but Hinata and Subaki make good support characters and Hinata can hold his own pretty decently.

Both of their children are two of the better children in the game too. Hinata can be with basically anyone and improve their support.

McBryBry

I beat Chapter 3 on Hard/Classic. Felt so good I even cleared the East Fort lol.

Chapter 4 seems annoying cuz the monsters gang up on Sakura by the time I make it up there.

It took me a little bit to figure that one out. Solution:
Go around the right side. Only take out mountains in your way, DO NOT take out the middle one, and get to the sisters as fast as possible. You should wipe out all right side enemies, while the left side is forced to funnel to you because of the mountain by Sakura. Once you're all good, then take out the middle mountain.

Shun

Chapter 10 Conquest is starting to piss me off. Do I just need to make a bee line for the "captain'?

That's a sure fire way to get yourself killed or lose a unit.

Conquest 10 if you think it is impossible... keep trying. Chapter 12 have fun with that and the other ones too.

Just don't overcommit and funnel a lot of the enemies into one direction so they do not overwhelm you. Pegasus and archers usually come from the right side so having niles and effie/arthur tank will help.

Keep magic users on the left to abuse the turret.

Everyone else fight in the middle.

Once you get the hang of learning how to defend and play the map's objective you can survive those turns. You shouldn't even ever go past your barricades and even battle Takumi at all. At most you would battle Hinata or Oboro.

I cannot beat Conquest Chapter 10 to save my life, theres just way too many enemies and its already hard enough having to deal with not letting my units die but having to deal with archers and ninjas is just utter bullshit. I'm seriously close to just turning the difficulty down to normal to see if that even changes anything.

Gave a tip earlier. There's no need to spend money on potions if you play smart. You might need to promote a unit early but it is doable without it. Having a Great Knight will help this chapter a lot.

What difficulty are you on? Keep at it because this map needs you to take advantage of your turrets and playing defensively. Don't over commit.

My strategy was to keep Niles, Effie, and Harold to the right.
Odin, Nyx, Azura to the left.
Felicia/Jakob, Silas, and Corrin in the middle.

Then you have the enemies concentrate in the middle while fending off the right.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Does it cost money to rebuild stuff that was destroyed during a raid on your castle? Specifically the conquest / AI mode one. Haven't done it since my first attempt ended with all my buildings getting thrashed.

Yeah, I'm wondering if I can even play these games on anything but the easiest mode anymore. I just don't have the time to reset chapters for deaths or terrible level ups. :(

I'm almost inclined to agree, but I just can't bring myself to change the difficulty. Resets are frustrating, but the challenge is so satisfying. (Though I haven't even been able to bring myself to reset for bad levels. The extra time from death resets is bad enough.)

McBryBry

I'm almost inclined to agree, but I just can't bring myself to change the difficulty. Resets are frustrating, but the challenge is so satisfying. (Though I haven't even been able to bring myself to reset for bad levels. The extra time from death resets is bad enough.)

Hell, I didn't even know level resets were a thing until he mentioned it.

Ponn

Banned
Try to kill takumi

I was trying to avoid spoilers but yea ok will just make a beeline for him. I got Effie up to him and took him down to one more hit and had Corrin within range so next turn he was definitely going to bite it but one damn Pegasus rider snuck by 4 units I had at the top and just barely made it to a corner green escape panel. I thought I had it in the bag and didn't think anyone could reach that before the next turn. 4th try.

Whelp, here we go again. See if I can keep Azura and Odin alive this time.

Hell, I didn't even know level resets were a thing until he mentioned it.

Was more of a thing in older Fire Emblems. Stat Caps were much lower so it was realistically possible for some characters to Cap key stats with a bit of resetting (didn't help that the Growth Rates were generally lower too so your chance of the RNG being mean too you was higher).

//ARCANUM

So I just finished Chapter 6 in Birthright. While I'm loving this game so far...
what the hell is the narrative reasoning for WANTING to choose Conquest? The Nohr kidnapped you, lied to you, your "father" is an insane person who has no problem with you dying, and the whole situation feels decidedly "evil". I'm glad I got Birthright because it seems like the logical choice/plot. I don't understand why they made the Nohr side seem so EVIL in the beginning. Why not make it more of a difficult choice? Honestly, Nohr seems like the bad guys so much that I'm not even sure if I'll play Conquest after this. Might just go to Revelation.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So I just finished Chapter 6 in Birthright. While I'm loving this game so far...
what the hell is the narrative reasoning for WANTING to choose Conquest? The Nohr kidnapped you, lied to you, your "father" is an insane person who has no problem with you dying, and the whole situation feels decidedly "evil". I'm glad I got Birthright because it seems like the logical choice/plot. I don't understand why they made the Nohr side seem so EVIL in the beginning. Why not make it more of a difficult choice? Honestly, Nohr seems like the bad guys so much that I'm not even sure if I'll play Conquest after this. Might just go to Revelation.
Not saying it's good justification (it's not), but I guess that's why they overdo the sibling love stuff during the few chapters? At this point your only motivation for siding with Nohr is to help your foster siblings see the truth? Idk.

The Nohr siblings were nice to you, and they are the only family you've actually known. They also weren't responsible for pretty much any of the stuff listed.

But yeah, I feel like they went in way to hard on making Nohr look like total asshats with few redeeming features even the siblings (who seem okayish) only spare prisoners for your sake.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
For anyone who has the amiibos, do you guys think it's worth it to buy Amiibos for this game? Just curious since Amiibos are fairly expensive. I'm wondering if I should buy all, some, or just none.

Sora_N

It took me a little bit to figure that one out. Solution:
Go around the right side. Only take out mountains in your way, DO NOT take out the middle one, and get to the sisters as fast as possible. You should wipe out all right side enemies, while the left side is forced to funnel to you because of the mountain by Sakura. Once you're all good, then take out the middle mountain.

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna try that. :)

For anyone who has the amiibos, do you guys think it's worth it to buy Amiibos for this game? Just curious since Amiibos are fairly expensive. I'm wondering if I should buy all, some, or just none.

If Amiibos are just overpriced DLC to you then they probably aren't worth it unless you've got a few games they can be used on.

i thought it was going to be youtrying to save your adopted siblings from their evil father, but it was mostly "this is my family, my father would never do that. I must go ask him to find for sure tho". It could've been handle better

Top Bottom