• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Luigi87

Finished chapter 7 for Birthright and Conquest (am I the only one playing this way? lol)
I like how the stories have deviated, but realizing on Conquest... dang I miss having Sing available to me, lol

NeonZ

Haitaka_03_zpsqxhrqpfe.jpg

I wonder how well Haitaka will hold up. So far, he has been useful though. Either way, I plan to take him to the end of this Nohr run if he doesn't fall behind too badly.

It's not like the units are pretty shitty like the DLC units from Awakening, right?

They have their own models, battle voices, exclusive weapons (which lose to the Avatar's, Ryoma's and Marx's but still are pretty good), give 2 exclusive accessories and also can take care of My Castle stores (and make a new weapon available when they're in the weapon shop).

They don't appear for most other My Castle stuff though, still have no supports, and they can only class change with the DLC seals.

Squire

Banned
So do the limited stock items in My Castle ever restock ? Or is that your entire supply of healing staves/rods etc for the game ? If so is there some way to recharge them ?

Same question for weapons (though that matters less since weapons don't have finite charges anymore).

Shun said they do restock.

Chorazin

Took me a while, but I'm starting chapter 9 and I'm back in the flow of Fire Emblem. Using Mozu as a Dread Fighter was a fantastic idea, having her able to use three weapon colors makes her super versatile. Gave her the Raider Sword I got as a visitation reward, so good!

As for the Amiibos, if you can borrow them you just need to have them visit three times, on the third they ask to fight and show up as a battle on the map. AFAIK you don't need them again once that happens, but I need to level a smidge more before taking them on and confirm it.

Fallen92

So I've been enjoying my time with Conquest on hard classic so far and I'm at chapter 8 right now but I was wondering if anyone else knows about this but I changed Felicia's class to dread and I just realized that she's level 28 now.

She was level 7 before this. I'm just curious to know what happened because bit doesn't make sense that a class change would level her up so much.

Avoid Subaki, Hinata and Orochi (except if you want to capture some enemy), their speed is incredibly low. Rinka is a little bit underwhelming too and Asama is irrelevant, the rest is good.

Mozu didn't get a lot of amazing level up in my playthrough honestly and her class is really bad.

Orochi's been pretty good for me, Rinkah has been the absolute worst. I thought at the begining it was just because she was low leveled and everyone was pretty much doing shit damage but now I have people doing 15-20+ and shes maybe 3 levels lower and still doing single digits, I paired her with Kaze and if they weren't already at A support I would have stopped using her 5 chapters ago (just reached 15).

NeonZ

So I've been enjoying my time with Conquest on hard classic so far and I'm at chapter 8 right now but I was wondering if anyone else knows about this but I changed Felicia's class to dread and I just realized that she's level 28 now.

She was level 7 before this. I'm just curious to know what happened because bit doesn't make sense that a class change would level her up so much.

Dread Fighter is a 40 level class, rather than the usual ones with 20 levels. Felicia starts as a maid, which is a promoted class, so when you changed her to Dread Fighter, those 20 invisible levels became visible (Felicia has 20 extra levels above the standard level cap though, so don't worry about her low initial stats).

So do I make Effie a Great Knight or a General? I'm thinking General but I just wanna make sure.
Great Knight, General is a bad class and the skill it gets will hurt her speed advantage that she has.

Also I find myself in a bit of a predicament. I just got Sophie (at chapter 14) and her bases are way better than Silas's in every aspect, pretty much the only thing he has going for him is weapon ranks, but I'm not sure if his S-Support with Hinoka is worth keeping him around instead of Sophie. At this point, he's pretty much been a Rinkah-level hard support for Hinoka so I'm not sure if support bonuses on her outweighs having a really good combat unit.

Fallen92

Dread Fighter is a 40 level class, rather than the usual ones with 20 levels. Felicia starts as a maid, which is a promoted class, so when you changed her to Dread Fighter, those 20 invisible levels became visible (Felicia has 20 extra levels above the standard level cap though, so don't worry about her low initial stats).

Ah Alright that makes sense now thanks. Didn't know that maid was already a promoted class. I don't remeber this happening in awakening so the high level caught me off guard.

suzu

So I just finished Chapter 6 in Birthright. While I'm loving this game so far...
what the hell is the narrative reasoning for WANTING to choose Conquest? The Nohr kidnapped you, lied to you, your "father" is an insane person who has no problem with you dying, and the whole situation feels decidedly "evil". I'm glad I got Birthright because it seems like the logical choice/plot. I don't understand why they made the Nohr side seem so EVIL in the beginning. Why not make it more of a difficult choice? Honestly, Nohr seems like the bad guys so much that I'm not even sure if I'll play Conquest after this. Might just go to Revelation.

Well,
the Nohr siblings are all right, if a bit eccentric. They and Corrin were raised in a crappy desolate land with an evil asshat for a father. So I assume they just don't know any different, if that's all they've ever known. None of the royal kids seem to find it weird that their own father threatens them all the time. lol. Corrin is like overly dumb and naive though. I don't know how he/she acts on the Birthright side.

NeonZ

Ah Alright that makes sense now thanks. Didn't know that maid was already a promoted class. I don't remeber this happening in awakening so the high level caught me off guard.

It's because when you class change in Awakening your (visible) level was always reset to 1. You keep the same level in Fates (aside from promotions with the Master Seal).

Shun

Shun said they do restock.

No only when you upgrade your store level. It won't at the beginning.

At level 2 you get a couple more items, at level 3 most of the items you need are unlimited.

So do I make Effie a Great Knight or a General? I'm thinking General but I just wanna make sure.

General is a garbage class in every FE game. The only reason you would in this game is for a certain skill that prevents double attacks on both sides so it negates your speed advantage.

How in the world am I see level 60+ units when I visit some castles?

There is an item later in the game to increase your level cap by 5 each time. I have a lv. 99 Felicia in my JP save.
Cbge7mxVIAAvg9p.jpg

Gestahl

Orochi's been pretty good for me, Rinkah has been the absolute worst. I thought at the begining it was just because she was low leveled and everyone was pretty much doing shit damage but now I have people doing 15-20+ and shes maybe 3 levels lower and still doing single digits, I paired her with Kaze and if they weren't already at A support I would have stopped using her 5 chapters ago (just reached 15).

Rinkah is entirely at the mercy of the rng and her dicey str growth. If she doesn't get above her average she's going to be doing barely any damage 10 levels later. Her sole redeeming feature is her support bonuses so I'd recommend just taping her to Kaze and forgetting her about her at this point

zashga

I've been playing Nohr on hard/classic, and I've gotta say... it's pretty hard! Feels a lot more challenging than Awakening. I'll probably play Hoshido when I'm done; I guess that's the one that's billed as more like Awakening.

I really like the variety of units in this game, and the little flavor differences between the two sides. Great game so far; really strikingly different from this year's other big SRPG (Xcom 2). It probably doesn't bear comparing the two in depth, but FE's snappiness and polish are super refreshing.

Shun

PSA for people who want to use the Dread Fighter/Dark Pegasus class.

The stats growths are terrible on those classes and it's better to reclass those special classes last for certain skills.

Is the dlc pack worth it? Does it have a story like the before awakening pack?

How much do you value extra DLC classes, gold/exp grinding, Anna, and some fan service and challenges?

Apologies if this has been answered, but how do I get the bonuses for 2 paths? My Birthright got delayed and just got it today, so I bought Conquest on release day. Now when I try to receive the gifts for 2 paths it is greed out. Anyone know what to do?

Anyone? I have birthright physical and conquest digital

bodine1231

I sold my New 3DS back in November due to lack of monetary funds but I'm dancing with the concept of picking up either a 2DS or another 3DS for the game.
However, in Canada the prices are wonky and I figure it's only going to end up being 50$ or so more dollars for the bundle that includes the console and the game.

I did the exact same thing and have been sitting here all morning debating whether to go buy another 3DS for this and Project X Zone. There are 3 games coming out next week that I really want to play though so thats why its a tough call right now.

Got some bad news for ya, buddy...

You needed to buy one game as DLC for the other. You would've saved $20 too.

Yeah, full digital conquest and physical birthright wont work together :(

Youre better off returning physical birthright and unlocking digital birthright for $20

Saw someone earlier say to reach an A-rank support with Kaze before his child's Paralogue opened up after Chapter 15 in Birthright. Was at a B-rank with Kaze at Chapter 15. Decided to pair him up with the Avatar that mission to reach the A-rank.

Found out why someone said that after Chapter 15 ended.
I am not very happy. He was probably one of my best units. Feel like I wasted a Master Seal AND I miss out on a Paralogue. Oh, well, this playthrough was meant to be a blind run without grinding.

Shun

Saw someone earlier say to reach an A-rank support with Kaze before his child's Paralogue opened up after Chapter 15 in Birthright. Was at a B-rank with Kaze at Chapter 15. Decided to pair him up with the Avatar that mission to reach the A-rank.

Found out why someone said that after Chapter 15 ended.
I am not very happy. He was probably one of my best units. Feel like I wasted a Master Seal AND I miss out on a Paralogue. Oh, well, this playthrough was meant to be a blind run without grinding.

Haha finally someone who got caught. It's worth seeing at least once.

Pro tip don't be a shitty friend to your army.

Lurky

So I tried getting a copy of fates yesterday and I've never been so happy to live on base in my life. I walked in to buy conquest and ended up with the SE. There's literally one gamestop for like 18 units. :D

So if you recruit someone from a Castle Invasion, are they treated as that character or are they basically like a DLC puppet, i.e. no social links, romances, etc.

Haha finally someone who got caught. It's worth seeing at least once.

Pro tip don't be a shitty friend to your army.

Well, I was at the B-rank when I read that. Am I supposed to just go for A-rank with everyone then? I usually try to keep people working in their support pairs and naturally those two units were the ones I could count on to stray from the group and get things done.

Shun

Well, I was at the B-rank when I read that. Am I supposed to just go for A-rank with everyone then? I usually try to keep people working in their support pairs and naturally those two units were the ones I could count on to stray from the group and get things done.

Spoilers

No that's basically the only time. It's worth it to experience the pain of Kaze dying once. Then going back and realizing you should have treated him better and keep him for the rest of the game.

Reminder that you can capture enemies and certain bosses and throw them in your prison dungeon if you kill them with Orochi or Niles.

Before the game released we were wondering which would have more posts, Hoshido Ch. 15, Conquest Ch. 10, or Mozume is broken.

Man it's kinda hard to get supports in this game, only one person has gotten married and it was Corrin and Felicia.

And he could've married Elffie or Azura as well.

I should really start Pairing up more often, because my offensive approach is making the fights end way too fast.

NeonZ

There are three maps without stories (remakes of a Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon and Gaiden maps) where you get new classes, the other DLC maps all have stories so far. Either way, none of the DLC pack is available for download yet outside of Japan.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I just finished Chapter 6 in Birthright. While I'm loving this game so far...
what the hell is the narrative reasoning for WANTING to choose Conquest? The Nohr kidnapped you, lied to you, your "father" is an insane person who has no problem with you dying, and the whole situation feels decidedly "evil". I'm glad I got Birthright because it seems like the logical choice/plot. I don't understand why they made the Nohr side seem so EVIL in the beginning. Why not make it more of a difficult choice? Honestly, Nohr seems like the bad guys so much that I'm not even sure if I'll play Conquest after this. Might just go to Revelation.

Not saying it's good justification (it's not), but I guess that's why they overdo the sibling love stuff during the few chapters? At this point your only motivation for siding with Nohr is to help your foster siblings see the truth? Idk.

The Nohr siblings were nice to you, and they are the only family you've actually known. They also weren't responsible for pretty much any of the stuff listed.

But yeah, I feel like they went in way to hard on making Nohr look like total asshats with few redeeming features even the siblings (who seem okayish) only spare prisoners for your sake.

i thought it was going to be youtrying to save your adopted siblings from their evil father, but it was mostly "this is my family, my father would never do that. I must go ask him to find for sure tho". It could've been handle better

Just made it to the select point myself and agree Nohr could have been handled way better. Nohr King being a warmongering shit with no real motive in those precious early chapters really hurt this critical decision. Bummer really as the concept of choosing a faction is great, but they kind of fucked it up. In a sense they could have gone all-in by just making Nohr the 'evil' campaign since clearly this isn't a grey choice, but the writers made the Nohr kids naive and blind to even pull that off(and they didn't really do a great job showing Corrin's attachment to Nohr in those prologue chapters either). Bummer this was handled kind of poorly, but whatever.

Spoilers

No that's basically the only time. It's worth it to experience the pain of Kaze dying once. Then going back and realizing you should have treated him better and keep him for the rest of the game.

Reminder that you can capture enemies and certain bosses and throw them in your prison dungeon if you kill them with Orochi or Niles.

Before the game released we were wondering which would have more posts, Hoshido Ch. 15, Conquest Ch. 10, or Mozume is broken.

I almost didn't save so I could go correct the situation. And I don't really want to use nameless enemies in my army. One of my favorite things about Fire Emblem are the characters and their personalities.

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished chapter 10 of Birthright. It was a step down from chapter 9 but still a decent challenge. I'm glad I
let Saizo get the last hit on the boss.

Shun

I almost didn't save so I could go correct the situation. And I don't really want to use nameless enemies in my army. One of my favorite things about Fire Emblem are the characters and their personalities.

It's just for people who want EVERY unique character.

NeonZ posted his Haitaka earlier. You can capture him and use him.

bruh that is what magic is for

McBryBry

Got my first S rank! Kaze and Rinkah. Now who else should be paired. I really need to figure out Corrin and Azura's, if not just putting them together...

It's just for people who want EVERY unique character.

NeonZ posted his Haitaka earlier. You can capture him and use him.

bruh that is what magic is for

Well, I will remedy this in my next Birthright playthrough. I still don't think I want to use the capture mechanic until a second playthrough each route. I already have trouble narrowing down which units to use each mission.

Top Bottom