• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Xamdou

Couple of questions:

1. Should I invite allies with a heart symbols only to my private quarters or just my love interest?

2. Which ninja is the best?

3. I am round chapter 8 and what allies is everyone using at this point?

Jims

Finished the dreaded Birthright Chapter 10 that people were talking about.

I know she's badmouthed a lot, but I found Rinkah to be kind of a life-saver here. They don't give you a ton of axe/bow users and her Fiery Blood +4 bonus made her overall damage output useful. She was the perfect kind of unit to let splash around and clean-up stuff for awhile until her HP gets low, and then pair her to someone like Silas (+3 STR/+3 DEF) to build a wall at a choke-point.

Finished the dreaded Birthright Chapter 10 that people were talking about.

I know she's badmouthed a lot, but I found Rinkah to be kind of a life-saver here. They don't give you a ton of axe/bow users and her Fiery Blood +4 bonus made her overall damage output useful. She was the perfect kind of unit to let splash around and clean-up stuff for awhile until her HP gets low, and then pair her to someone like Silas (+3 STR/+3 DEF) to build a wall at a choke-point.

Rinkah and one other unit are literally the only natural axe/mace users in Birthright. You can get more by promoting to classes that can use them, or heart seals for the right characters, but it's still really fucking dumb, especially considering how many ninjas you get

Edit: And this is including children. I mean, you'll have plenty of good sword and lance wielders (especially swords), but they couldn't just let there be more than two mace/axe wielders

Couple of questions:

1. Should I invite allies with a heart symbols only to my private quarters or just my love interest?

2. Which ninja is the best?

3. I am round chapter 8 and what allies is everyone using at this point?
1. Unless this got changed for NA the bonus from doing it is so minimal it doesn't really matter.

2. Yes.

3. Kaze and Corrin can carry pretty hard at this point, especially if Kaze has the Rinkah pair up. Subaki is good but requires investment, Hana is decent, Felicia is better than Sakura but I can't stand Felicia's voice so I've been using Sakura. Silas is good.

Edit: Also we have the same reference in our names, so cool!

Rinkah and one other unit are literally the only natural axe/mace users in Birthright. You can get more by promoting to classes that can use them, or heart seals for the right characters, but it's still really fucking dumb, especially considering how many ninjas you get
I like that they differentiated the routes more, I prefer that over them having the same units. Also never play Genealogy if you think Birthright doesn't have enough axe users.

TWILT

Banned
Yes, unless you already had A-rank with him and Corrin. I luckily heard about it in advance and made sure to get A-rank asap

Goddamnit then.
I kinda dropped Kaze around chapter 8 in favor of Saizo, but I still liked him :( *sigh* Something to do for a second playthrough next time I guess...

1. Unless this got changed for NA the bonus from doing it is so minimal it doesn't really matter.

2. Yes.

3. Kaze and Corrin can carry pretty hard at this point, especially if Kaze has the Rinkah pair up. Subaki is good but requires investment, Hana is decent, Felicia is better than Sakura but I can't stand Felicia's voice so I've been using Sakura. Silas is good.

Edit: Also we have the same reference in our names, so cool!

I like that they differentiated the routes more, I prefer that over them having the same units. Also never play Genealogy if you think Birthright doesn't have enough axe users.
Maybe, except looking at Nohr's units, they seem way more balanced weapon wise

Gestahl

Edit: And this is including children. I mean, you'll have plenty of good sword and lance wielders (especially swords), but they couldn't just let there be more than two mace/axe wielders

And to top it all off, all of the basic clubs are kind of shite compared to their axe counterparts. 2 less damage for a meager amount of hit and slight crit Is not what I'd call a good tradeoff.

Sora_N

Just finished Chapter 4, I feel it's going to be hard to decide on which path first. :(

I was going to do Male/Conquest before, not sure now lol.

Azama lowered Camilla's health to half with Hexing Rod then he 1 shot her with counter... I guess I have to pay attention to enemy skills.

McBryBry

S rank option for Corrin and Azura is up. Should I do it? Or are there better matches since they seem to be the two main characters.

Kaze's neutral + Flora.

Elise and two of the kids can promote to Butler/Maid as well (obviously not true natural as they would start at E rank).
Forgot about Kaze, but that's only 3 and you don't get one of them until past the halfway point. And promotions don't count for comparison since Weapon Masters don't count as Hoshido axe users.

How many natural hidden weapon users are there aside from Felicia/Jakob in Nohr?

Kaze is in both routes, so 3. So not a ton, but still a few to choose between. I still think it's better than Hoshido giving you 5 ninja/ninja promotes when you include the kid and one of the more hidden characters, plus Jacob and Felicia

Edit: Forgot about Flora, so yeah, 4

I don't get why Rinkah is considered so bad in Birthright. I'm playing Lunatic now and despite having basically no strength the sheer fact that she's pretty much the only pure physical tank in the entire route filled with tight corridors and riddled with lance users means she's constantly plugging holes and being my MVP.

On the other hand Silas is just dragging his feet with basically no speed. I think there's a degree of flexibility you need in Lunatic mode based on how lucky units get that you have to account for.

Shun

S rank option for Corrin and Azura is up. Should I do it? Or are there better matches since they seem to be the two main characters.

Finding the right spouse for Azura can be a pain depending on your route because other partners outclass her but she gives a great child.

If you don't mind a more frail Kana go for it, it doesn't hurt. But you gotta figure out which combination really works best and is ideal for both Azura's child and the potential Father's child.

Nohr has Kaze, Felicia, Flora, and Jakob as well as Corrin if you choose to have him as one. Elise can also have hidden weapons if you make her a maid. You can get even more hidden weapon users by A+ or S ranking and reclassing for it. There is never not enough kunai users.

jorgejjvr

Where in he game can I read the tutorial of sorts?

Every so often something new is introduced, but I'm not sure where to read about it afterwards

Azuran

Banned
Looks like I'm going to have to cheese Chapter 12 on Birthright because you don't have enough time before Xander gets to you and starts one shotting everyone in his path.

Sora_N

Where in he game can I read the tutorial of sorts?

Every so often something new is introduced, but I'm not sure where to read about it afterwards

Press A on a random spot on the map (or start?).

Also does gender affect the story or just the marriage? I still want to do a female MC run.

These fucking Ninjas and Archers on chapter 10 in Birthright. Jesus fucking christ, fuck your debuff bullshit. Fuck your god damnit ranged attacks. It is a fucking gauntlet.

Kaze is in both routes, so 3. So not a ton, but still a few to choose between. I still think it's better than Hoshido giving you 5 ninja/ninja promotes when you include the kid and one of the more hidden characters, plus Jacob and Felicia

Edit: Forgot about Flora, so yeah, 4
I mean, if you really want variety you can reclass. I think ninja is a really cool new class and I'm glad we got three of them.

PK Gaming

I didn't expect to like Silas at all, since he seemed like he came out of a "build your own bro" box set, but geez I can't get enough of him.

And he's voiced by Anthony Del Rio (Pit) too.

Insolitus

Banned
I didn't expect to like Silas at all, since he seemed like he came out of a "build your own bro" box set, but geez I can't get enough of him.

And he's voiced by Anthony Del Rio (Pit) too.

To me he feels practically mandatory since most of Birthright's units lack good defense.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Question about marriage:

Which characters can only marry the Male Avatar on Conquest?

Luigi87

Just finished Birthright's Paralogue 1.
Got Mozu to lv.3... Wanted her to finish off the commander but no matter what she be able to do any damage to it, which sucked, especially since I even got him to 1hp, lol

Wow, Offspring Seals are SUCH an awesome addition to Fates! I am super impressed with how the child chapters are handled with in this game. Fates makes it so you don't have to grind to catch up, scaling difficulty makes it so you can do the child chapters whenever, it's great!

Also, if you're like me and don't want to grind for EXP in Birthright, but want to get Supports easily, just use the "Scout" feature and play the maps at the top of the list that don't cost much. If you're a high enough level, each kill will only give you one EXP.

Okay now I'm mad at chapter 15 Birthright for different reasons than you'd expect.

aaaaaaaargh why did they give Keaton a throne if he was just going to move to attack you, Kagerou died because I assumed he wouldn't move because bosses on thrones don't do that.

Kinsei

Banned
Just finished Birthright's Paralogue 1.
Got Mozu to lv.3... Wanted her to finish off the commander but no matter what she be able to do any damage to it, which sucked, especially since I even got him to 1hp, lol

If you have her attack first and do no damage with someone next to her they will kill the boss and she'll get full EXP.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I don't get why Rinkah is considered so bad in Birthright. I'm playing Lunatic now and despite having basically no strength the sheer fact that she's pretty much the only pure physical tank in the entire route filled with tight corridors and riddled with lance users means she's constantly plugging holes and being my MVP.

On the other hand Silas is just dragging his feet with basically no speed. I think there's a degree of flexibility you need in Lunatic mode based on how lucky units get that you have to account for.
Agreed. I think on Lunatic, you're forced to find these little niches to fill with your party. Sure, she definitely doesn't have the best growths, but currently, she has a role no one else on my team can fill.

Just beat ch8 Lunatic Birthright. Why did IS think it was cool to have the boss have 30 crit? Thank god Hinoka had 20 RES.

tumblr_n70jfanPjA1re1qkwo1_500.png

Kinsei

Banned
Agreed. I think on Lunatic, you're forced to find these little niches to fill with your party. Sure, she definitely doesn't have the best growths, but currently, she has a role no one else on my team can fill.

Just beat ch8 Lunatic Birthright. Why did IS think it was cool to have the boss have 30 crit? Thank god Hinoka had 20 RES.

tumblr_n70jfanPjA1re1qkwo1_500.png

Heh, wait until you see the chapter 9 boss.

Okay now I'm mad at chapter 15 Birthright for different reasons than you'd expect.

aaaaaaaargh why did they give Keaton a throne if he was just going to move to attack you, Kagerou died because I assumed he wouldn't move because bosses on thrones don't do that.

I find that a lot of bosses are doing that in Birthright. It definitely makes it more challenging which I appreciate. Always check those movement ranges just in case!

Gestahl

Pretty much everyone has a niche in the game if niche is defined as "can contribute positively to a battle at some point at least once."

Well, maybe not Hayato

Shun

Pretty much everyone has a niche in the game if niche is defined as "can contribute positively to a battle at some point at least once."

Well, maybe not Hayato

Hayato's niche is giving us a child. And laughing at his terrible supports.

Hey do you want some sweets?

n..nooooo I'm a man sweets are for children.

I can eat bitter foods. uhhhhh disgustinggggg.

almost as bad as takumi

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I know when I'm attacking, I can pick my dual striker with the R button. How does the game decide who dual strikes on defense? Just highest support level?

Man my rng for Kaze is terrible, hes lvl 11 with only 9 strength and i just finished chapter 9. Feel like Saizou outclasses him in everywhere besides speed

Top Bottom