• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Gestahl

Hayato's niche is giving us a child. And laughing at his terrible supports.

Hey do you want some sweets?

n..nooooo I'm a man sweets are for children.

I can eat bitter foods. uhhhhh disgustinggggg.

almost as bad as takumi

His Revelation supports are just as pathetic

Literally begging Nyx to magic away his fear of the dark

JPS Kai

Saw a used copy of Conquest on the shelf already, so I picked that up. Hopefully it'll entertain me on a five hour plane ride.

Luigi87

If you have her attack first and do no damage with someone next to her they will kill the boss and she'll get full EXP.

... Do'h! I forgot about that. I ended up using pair up the whole time, I forgot about unpairing to have adjacent allies for bonus attacks.

Shun

His Revelation supports are just as pathetic

Literally begging Nyx to magic away his fear of the dark

Yup so many damn supports to go through for pegasusknight archiving.

They ride his trope so hard.

Chuuni characters + Leon still da bes.

Azuran

Banned
Turns out Chapter 12 wasn't that bad in the end. Who knew ferrying Corrin to the escape tile would be so easy. I also manage to gather the Dracoshield before Xander arrived so everything went well in the end.

Shun

What's with the yellow exclamation points I'm seeing from enemies on Birthright Chapter 11?

A dangerous weapon on either the front or back unit. So like critical weapons like Killing Edge/Axe, or Super effective weapons like Beast Killer, bows, dragonslayer, axe/sword/lanceslayer, etc.

Conquest 12:

This is the mission with all the Medicine/Poison pots where you have to defeat Ryoma or escape in 16 turns. On Hard I managed to knock him out on Turn 12—the opportunity was there, and a ton of enemy troops were closing in—but I almost wonder if I shouldn't have sat around for a few extra turns just to farm as many enemy units as I could for XP. My strategy was to leave most of the pots up as a maze and use my lockpickers to cut through the paths in the top left and right, which meant that the cluster of lances and lunging archers in the centre stayed up. Combined with the archer reinforcements, I think there were well over a dozen enemies still running around on the map when I knocked out Ryoma.

Four turns of combat is a whole lot of XP I'm skipping, and it's possible this could come back to bite me in future chapters. Too bad there isn't a reward that scales with how quickly you clear timed chapters like this—but I guess that's fair if you don't take the risk of keeping your units on the board much longer. (Unless that's how the building DVP points are calculated? I seemed to earn more than usual, but I don't know if that had anything to do with clearing speed.)

Gestahl

Conquest 12:

This is the mission with all the Medicine/Poison pots where you have to defeat Ryoma or escape in 16 turns. On Hard I managed to knock him out on Turn 12—the opportunity was there, and a ton of enemy troops were closing in—but I almost wonder if I shouldn't have sat around for a few extra turns just to farm as many enemy units as I could for XP. My strategy was to leave most of the pots up as a maze and use my lockpickers to cut through the paths in the top left and right, which meant that the cluster of lances and lunging archers in the centre stayed up. Combined with the archer reinforcements, I think there were well over a dozen enemies still running around on the map when I knocked out Ryoma.

Four turns of combat is a whole lot of XP I'm skipping, and it's possible this could come back to bite me in future chapters. Too bad there isn't a reward that scales with how quickly you clear timed chapters like this—but I guess that's fair if you don't take the risk of keeping your units on the board much longer. (Unless that's how the building DVP points are calculated? I seemed to earn more than usual, but I don't know if that had anything to do with clearing speed.)

You can make up for missed exp on Conquest through the paralogues. They'll keep your characters up to snuff and then some since they scale to your level.

Shun

Conquest 12:

You made the right decision because 4 turns is potential turns of screwing up and losing a unit. There are plenty of units to go through for experience in the next few chapters. Chapter 12 was especially dumb on Lunatic but it sounds fine on hard.

GSR

Conquest 12:

There is an upcoming mission where the faster you finish off the boss the more gold you receive, though you'll likely wind up routing the enemy anyway.

And I wouldn't worry too much about a few turns of EXP. It's easy to get overwhelmed on Nohr/12, so take what you can get.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Does it cost money to rebuild stuff that was destroyed during a raid on your castle? Specifically the conquest / AI mode one. Haven't done it since my first attempt ended with all my buildings getting thrashed.
Do buildings at your base cost money to repair after being destroyed? Or worse off, DP?

Also when doing multiplayer castle visits your units won't permadie even on classic. Since thi worked when fighting the other player's ai, I have to imagine it'd hold true if you do the true multiplayer battles as well

Ponn

Banned
Ha, beat chapter 10 conquest right after last post. I have to admit my dumbness, I actually didn't read the victory conditions. I didn't realize you had to survive for so many turns and when I had seen the enemies started to pop in from the sides I thought they would just keep coming until I beat the enemy leader. Thats why I was wondering if I should just sprint to him or try to wittle the forces down then go after him. Defending was a whole lot easier.

Turns out Chapter 12 wasn't that bad in the end. Who knew ferrying Corrin to the escape tile would be so easy. I also manage to gather the Dracoshield before Xander arrived so everything went well in the end.

I cleared the field, minus the boss
I don't think you can defeat him?

I wanted to send a message.

Chase17

Lost Corrin in chapter 11 hoshido about an hour in. Didn't travel to the far left fast enough and everyone came in as my troops were lined up in the middle.

Time to take a break.

ryseing

Trying to find someone to marry Corrin off to for based Kana and all of the options are terrible. Not a fan of the two Corrin only supports in Birthright and the two female children I've gotten so far (Kaze's and Silas's) are annoying AF.

What is with
Sophie and her super-dupity duper shtick
? And why are the generic parent supports so bad yet again? These questions and more on the next episode of Fire Emblem really needs new writers.

kagamin

Ha, beat chapter 10 conquest right after last post. I have to admit my dumbness, I actually didn't read the victory conditions. I didn't realize you had to survive for so many turns and when I had seen the enemies started to pop in from the sides I thought they would just keep coming until I beat the enemy leader. Thats why I was wondering if I should just sprint to him or try to wittle the forces down then go after him. Defending was a whole lot easier.

Defending is waaaay harder if you're playing Lunatic.
Honestly you should just rush Takumi with your best pair and hope you can make it to him in time.

NeonZ

What is with
Sophie and her super-dupity duper shtick
? And why are the generic parent supports so bad yet again? These questions and more on the next episode of Fire Emblem really needs new writers.

That Sophie dialogue was added by the localization. Most people who read her original translated supports considered her bland, and I guess the localization team saw an opportunity there to add some kind of gimmick.

Shun

Defending is waaaay harder if you're playing Lunatic.
Honestly you should just rush Takumi with your best pair and hope you can make it to him in time.
I only played Lunatic and I found that defending was a better tactic overall.

What's the strategy for rushing to Takumi and hope you tank through it. Use a lot of your resources?

I think defending is an easier and safer tactic than rushing to try and kill Takumi. It's way too easy to rush in and get overwhelmed by enemies, especially the ninja ones with debuffs.

If a shrine maiden who has no means to attack is the last left on the field, does the map end in a route enemy map, or do I need to kill her? I need to know, because the easy way to get a chest in birthright chapter 10 will only leave her alive. I could leave others alive, but it'll take an extra turn or two. I'm pretty sure the map would end with them alive in Awakening.

Kinsei

Banned
If a shrine maiden who has no means to attack is the last left on the field, does the map end in a route enemy map, or do I need to kill her? I need to know, because the easy way to get a chest in birthright chapter 10 will only leave her alive. I could leave others alive, but it'll take an extra turn or two. I'm pretty sure the map would end with them alive in Awakening.

It doesn't end until she's dead.

kagamin

I only played Lunatic and I found that defending was a better tactic overall.

What's the strategy for rushing to Takumi and hope you tank through it. Use a lot of your resources?

I think defending is an easier and safer tactic than rushing to try and kill Takumi.

Every other time I got overwhelmed by the enemy forces in the later turns when I tried to defend (losing most of my units in the process), maybe my level distribution was too heavily focused on Joker/Jakob, because he rushed no problem and I got every dodge, except he got hit by Takumi once which really hurt. (At least I got lots of levels for my characters that I left defending)

ryseing

That Sophie dialogue was added by the localization. Most people who read her original translated supports considered her bland, and I guess the localization team saw an opportunity there to add some kind of gimmick.

... Of course. Because the way to distinguish a character is to make her talk like a five year old. Like there isn't enough infantilization in media.

BlackJace

I bought Conquest, and I just arrived at the (spoilers)
route split.

....Why does this exist? I thought since I bought Conquest
I would be locked into the Nohr plot line, but it seems like I can play the Hoshido story?

How does this work? I'm idling on the choice screen right now.

Kinsei

Banned
I bought Conquest, and I just arrived at the (spoilers)
route split.

....Why does this exist? I thought since I bought Conquest
I would be locked into the Nohr plot line, but it seems like I can play the Hoshido story?

How does this work? I'm idling on the choice screen right now.

If you choose Hoshido it will tell you to buy Birthright.

Shun

Every other time I got overwhelmed by the enemy forces in the later turns when I tried to defend (losing most of my units in the process), maybe my level distribution was too heavily focused on Joker/Jakob, because he rushed no problem and I got every dodge, except he got hit by Takumi once which really hurt. (At least I got lots of levels for my characters that I left defending)

That might work for a female MyUnit if you rely on Joker more. It is definitely much easier with Great Knight Joker.

But in my case since I did not have that benefit with Felicia, it was much too risky to go and rush because of all the possible debuffs you could get with the ninja units and Oboro.

Using the turrets and Aqua to sing on on the magic turret user made it much more doable for me since you could weaken your opponent down before they get to you and have yourself finish them off. Attack Stance helped clearing numbers a bit.

How many times is
Camilla
able to use
the lightning Dragon Vein
in Chapter 13 of Birthright (hard)? Just once? Or over and over again?
She never used it on me, so I dunno. She was pretty easy for me since I used hinoka to fight her and Hinoka is so absurdly bulky against magic that she took no damage from her tome at all

My (Nohr) castle address, for anyone who wants some Onyx/Cabbage:

13709-97344
73103-55806

Haven't done anything too special with it yet, but I'll be updating it between chapters as I play. I'll be visiting any codes I see posted in this thread as well. I haven't been doing online castle battles myself, as I'm trying to push through Conquest with the standard/offline balance, but a tiny bit of DVP or resources from castle visits doesn't seem to throw things off too much.

Leave feedback or grab my calling card from the throne if you'd like. And you are certainly free to sack my fort.

She never used it on me, so I dunno. She was pretty easy for me since I used hinoka to fight her and Hinoka is so absurdly bulky against magic that she took no damage from her tome at all

Tried sending Hinoka up the middle at her. Instead of magic, she used her axe (still alive, just gotta evac her). :|

How many times is
Camilla
able to use
the lightning Dragon Vein
in Chapter 13 of Birthright (hard)? Just once? Or over and over again?

It's not even a problem, since there's really little reason to aggro that group of enemies on the left side early. The boss can be pulled like any other enemy on that map, which makes it alot simpler to divide and conquer.

So am I the only one who pretty much stopped using Corrin's dragon stone after a while? I feel like the extra defense is rarely enough to compensate for how much damage you lose compared to the yato, especially since it can't two hit at all and Corrin is able to two hit very easily after a while. I still use Kana's a bit, but she two hits less and has a personal skill that heals her when she's using it

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Get all the way to a boss surrounded by others on 14 Conquest, start to chip away at one of the henchmen, ~50% chance for a return strike, and ~45% for the boss to dual attack hit...

Restart time, lol.

So am I the only one who pretty much stopped using Corrin's dragon stone after a while? I feel like the extra defense is rarely enough to compensate for how much damage you lose compared to the yato, especially since it can't two hit at all and Corrin is able to two hit very easily after a while. I still use Kana's a bit, but she two hits less and has a personal skill that heals her when she's using it

Still waiting on the Dragonstone upgrade.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I specced -mag since I saw that Corrin only started with a sword. I'll never be using the dragonstone, feels bad man.

Tried sending Hinoka up the middle at her. Instead of magic, she used her axe (still alive, just gotta evac her). :|

The trick is to move to the very edge of her attack range. Her axe can't hit you there, so she'll aggro you with her tome instead, regardless of the unit

As for the dragon vein, I imagine like most (if not all) DV's it'll disappear after one use, but there are multiple on the map. That said, each DV targets a very specific area, and I think there's only one close to where she starts, so if you just stay clear of that area until she aggros you you should be fine

Top Bottom