• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

The trick is to move to the very edge of her attack range. Her axe can't hit you there, so she'll aggro you with her tome instead, regardless of the unit

As for the dragon vein, I imagine like most (if not all) DV's it'll disappear after one use, but there are multiple on the map. That said, each DV targets a very specific area, and I think there's only one close to where she starts, so if you just stay clear of that area until she aggros you you should be fine

Ah, that's where I messed up. I had her go one square away from the edge so she could use the Dragon Vein. I'll keep that in mind for next time (resetting since my carelessness with the paired units on the left side got Hinoka killed).

ahdurian

do you guys have a favorite character so far?
I'm playing Birthright right now (going Birthright -> Conquest -> Revelations, on the SE)
and I'm totally loving (not sure if this is spoilers but will do anyways)
both Hana and Kaze
Saved my ass in so many battles so far

do you guys have a favorite character so far?
I'm playing Birthright right now (going Birthright -> Conquest -> Revelations, on the SE)
and I'm totally loving (not sure if this is spoilers but will do anyways)
both Hana and Kaze
Saved my ass in so many battles so far
Niles, he turned into a god for some reason and since him and Corrin have an S-Rank they fucking destroy everything when I put them next to each other.

kagamin

ch12 conquest is so fkn hard holy sh*t how u beat this shit

What difficulty? I recommend having one of your more power units lure out enemies while moving forward very quickly to avoid getting caught by the reinforcements, if you make it to the middle fast enough you can bunker down and finish the reinforcements and still have time to make it, I just avoided the chests, they're too hard to bother with to be honest. The chests contain:
an Armorslayer on the left, and 5000 Gold on the right
If Elise is your only healer the chapter sucks though.

Pairing up Sakura and Saizo and...huh. Their supports are better than I was expecting to be. Support B is adorable.

Finally beat Chapter 10 Birthright after 12 resets, the surprise waves of reinforcements caught me way off guard. Ninja and Archers as foes is the fucking worst!!!!

I'm sorry if this had already been asked and answered, but: if I'm a total FE virgin, are these latest games good to jump in with? Would I presumably start with Birthright? Or should I go back to an earlier game in the series?

So I read for Chapter 15 Birthright if you don't
A rank Kaze with Corrin then he will automatically die in this chapter.

Anyone else I need to A rank to avoid their untimely deaths in the future?

Hazmat

Birthright chapter 11 hard was the first map (aside from chapter 5) that really gave me trouble, and I just beat it by dodging an attack that had a 75% chance to kill a unit that I wasn't willing to part with. Ah, Fire Emblem.

About to download it now. Anything to important to know before starting?

I'm sorry if this had already been asked and answered, but: if I'm a total FE virgin, are these latest games good to jump in with? Would I presumably start with Birthright? Or should I go back to an earlier game in the series?
Birthright is designed to be the one you start with, especially if you haven't played FE before. It's easier and more straightforward than Conquest from what I hear.

Boney

Banned

Birthright is designed to be the one you start with, especially if you haven't played FE before. It's easier and more straightforward than Conquest from what I hear.
Hard mode is surprisingly challenging unlike awakening. It's great!

ryseing

Strength/luck is the best boon/bane for a physical Corrin. Sub in magic for the boon if you want to go that route. Pick a talent that's from the opposite route of the one you're playing.

I can't even imagine playing Hard/Classic, even in Birthright. I'd lose a ton of units or reset like mad.

That's part of the fun! L+R+Select+Start for life.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't even imagine playing Hard/Classic, even in Birthright. I'd lose a ton of units or reset like mad.

Its funny I went into Birthright Classic/Hard thinking it wouldn't be too bad and I end up with something that feels significantly harder than Awakening hard.

I honestly think I've reset more in this first run than I have in a few Awakening Hard runs.

Hard Classic Chapter 5

This...this is way harder than I thought a prologue should be. The placement of that
dual Wyrmslayer and those mages spawn nearby
are ingenious.

Conquest Ch 10
What's the best strategy to use once Takumi uses the dragon vein? I get flyers and onis swarming from the left and right side and its really hard to keep track of them since having Odin in front of the cannon only leaves him wide open. Is it better to just have everyone stay in the middle and just tough it out or am I missing something?

Luigi87

Hard Classic Chapter 5

This...this is way harder than I thought a prologue should be. The placement of that
dual Wyrmslayer and those mages spawn nearby
are ingenious.

I feel this map was designed to make players understand the importance of unit movement, and placement in order to block off certain enemy troops from being able to advance to undesirable places.

Conquest Ch 10
What's the best strategy to use once Takumi uses the dragon vein? I get flyers and onis swarming from the left and right side and its really hard to keep track of them since having Odin in front of the cannon only leaves him wide open. Is it better to just have everyone stay in the middle and just tough it out or am I missing something?
I slowly branched out my units to bait the flyers. Some of them take the bait, some don't. Camilla should be swooping in to kill the ones that don't. I did this on Normal mode though, so I dunno if that's viable if you're on Hard or Lunatic.

I feel this map was designed to make players understand the importance of unit movement, and placement in order to block off certain enemy troops from being able to advance to undesirable places.

Yes, I feel the same way. I will restart after some rest, this game is so fun and exhausting at the same time.

Shun

Conquest Ch 10

I did this on Lunatic.

Once he uses Dragon Vein it's all about luring them in and not giving your enemies a chance to overwhelm you.

The right side you just need to make sure the Pegasus don't get too far and those can die easy with Niles or with Corrin.

Keep Corrin tanking in the middle and lure Oboro over.

Left side is where Hinata and all the axe users are, take advantage of your speed and use Camilla and Belka as tanks to lure them over and have the magic users clean up.

If you defended properly in the first few chapters, there are choke points where the enemy will try to go through and you can limit their movements by forcing them to go through those choke points.

The only thing to watch out for really is pegasus trying to fly through and breach. You should never position yourself in a situation where 4 enemies can attack you at once. Especially without guard stance.

Those oni and hinata should not be a big issue if you properly hit them with the magic turret earlier on. You can really bring down their health and clean up by the time they get to you.

The only person you can't really do that for is Oboro but Corrin should be able to tank her easy.

I slowly branched out my units to bait the flyers. Some of them take the bait, some don't. Camilla should be swooping in to kill the ones that don't. I did this on Normal mode though, so I dunno if that's viable if you're on Hard or Lunatic.

I'm on hard mode so I don't know if that really makes a difference, I can be able to make it around Turn 7 fine before Takumi uses the dragon vein and since theres oni on the left side they end up crossing the plain and i have to end taking them out while worrying about more fliers coming from the left.

Taruranto

Something is happening with Felicia and now she's like one of my best unit. 20 speed, wtf? I don't think I'll be able to replace her with the butler later in.

Anyway, I can't find an aerial unit I like so far. :/ (Conquest)

Shun

Something is happening with Felicia and now she's like one of my best unit. 20 speed, wtf? I don't think I'll be able to replace her with the butler later in.

Anyway, I can't find an aerial unit I like so far. :/ (Conquest)

What chapter are you on? Camilla and Beruka are your best fliers. Camilla is amazing. You can also ditch Azura as a songstress and make her a pegasus if you want and need the mobility. She can heal as a pegasus, just make sure she doesn't go too far cause she dies fast.

I did this on Lunatic.

Once he uses Dragon Vein it's all about luring them in and not giving your enemies a chance to overwhelm you.

The right side you just need to make sure the Pegasus don't get too far and those can die easy with Niles or with Corrin.

Keep Corrin tanking in the middle and lure Oboro over.

Left side is where Hinata and all the axe users are, take advantage of your speed and use Camilla and Belka as tanks to lure them over and have the magic users clean up.

If you defended properly in the first few chapters, there are choke points where the enemy will try to go through and you can limit their movements by forcing them to go through those choke points.

The only thing to watch out for really is pegasus trying to fly through and breach. You should never position yourself in a situation where 4 enemies can attack you at once. Especially without guard stance.

Alright then I'll try giving this a shot then. Those Pegasus are really annoying and I have to stop what i'm doing so that they don't breach which ends up leaving my other units wide open

So I read for Chapter 15 Birthright if you don't
A rank Kaze with Corrin then he will automatically die in this chapter.

Anyone else I need to A rank to avoid their untimely deaths in the future?

Can confirm, it happened to me. And I went on to the next chapter thinking he would come back. But yeah, I believe he's the only case of that.

Shun

Alright then I'll try giving this a shot then. Those Pegasus are really annoying and I have to stop what i'm doing so that they don't breach which ends up leaving my other units wide open

What is your tactic early on before he does Dragonvein? I think that really sets up the tone for later on. I posted a tactic to get through the chapter a few times in the thread already. It's really doable so long as you stay in a defensive mindset and take it slow. Attack stance early on can help with cleaning up early enemies and saving defense stance for when you really need it to tank.

Stop feeding Camilla.

She needs nutrition. Beruka makes an amazing Berserker later with 70%+ critical chance. There is magic user later on that can tank so well. Vantage + Vengeance + 50-60% tome critical + whatever extra skill = RIP IN PIECES.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, but she looks stupid as hell.
My only problem with her are the dumb cat ears. All of the older siblings on both sides generally look cool as hell, IMO. Especially Xander.

Speaking of relatives, the children are severely underwhelming compared to Awakening. The only ones I really like are Sophie, Shiro, and Rhajat. Asugi loses out for being ANOTHER NINJA in a team already chock full of ninjas.

GamerSoul

I'm on chapter 10 Birthright now and I agree that it is definitely a bit harder than Awakening, which is great! So far i'm handling it alright, I have only a few restarts, though I feel it is taking a lot longer to level up characters in this game..or maybe I am just using more characters...

Judging from the early support convos, I feel like there is a lot of tension between these characters. lol Saizo in particular, gives no fucks, imo.

I also hope it gets a little easier to get those "Fort" items. I really want masks for some of them for my units.

What is your tactic early on before he does Dragonvein? I think that really sets up the tone for later on. I posted a tactic to get through the chapter a few times in the thread already. It's really doable so long as you stay in a defensive mindset and take it slow.

She needs nutrition.

Okay so what I usually do is first I have Corrin and Jakob cover the right side of the barrier in the middle so they can deal with the oni, usually the two of them combined can easily take all the oni that come towards them then once Camila and Beruka come in I have them defend the left side of the barrier which they usually kill all the enemies that come near them as well. Only annoying part is having to deal with Ninjas debuffing her so occasionally I have Elise heal her up when her health gets too low when its safe and theres no ninjas.

On the top right I usually send over Arthur and Effie to take out the archers and I pair them so Effie can get Dual Guard and be able to 1 shot the archers. I also finally have Odin on the cannon dealing damage to Onis and the other enemies while having Azura sing to him. Finally I just have Nyx kill the two oni at the start of the level and then have her pick the money up at the house and come back.

Usually I keep Silas, Niles, and Selena in the middle as backup in case fliers get in and I need to deal with them.

It works okay up until Takumi activates the dragon vein. My biggest problem is that I'm not sure what to do with Nileas, Silas, and Selena aside from backup.

Astral Dog

Yeah, but she looks stupid as hell.
Camilla cant look stupid you dummy.
images

Kinsei

Banned
I just had my first death (that wasn't Corrin or an ally unit). The boss of Birthright's chapter 11 took down Silas in a single hit with a crit. Guess I won't be using any cavaliers anymore until I get to Conquest.

SolVanderlyn

I just had my first death (that wasn't Corrin or an ally unit). The boss of Birthright's chapter 11 took down Silas in a single hit with a crit. Guess I won't be using any cavaliers anymore until I get to Conquest.
Nooooo! Silas is such a great unit and his child is just as good as he is.

Shun

Okay so what I usually do is first I have Corrin and Jakob cover the right side of the barrier in the middle so they can deal with the oni, usually the two of them combined can easily take all the oni that come towards them then once Camila and Beruka come in I have them defend the left side of the barrier which they usually kill all the enemies that come near them as well. Only annoying part is having to deal with Ninjas debuffing her so occasionally I have Elise heal her up when her health gets too low when its safe and theres no ninjas.

On the top right I usually send over Arthur and Effie to take out the archers and I pair them so Effie can get Dual Guard and be able to 1 shot the archers. I also finally have Odin on the cannon dealing damage to Onis and the other enemies while having Azura sing to him. Finally I just have Nyx kill the two oni at the start of the level and then have her pick the money up at the house and come back.

Usually I keep Silas, Niles, and Selena in the middle as backup in case fliers get in and I need to deal with them.

It works okay up until Takumi activates the dragon vein. My biggest problem is that I'm not sure what to do with Nileas, Silas, and Selena aside from backup.

Your tactic is close to exactly what you want to do.

Except Niles should be on the arrow cannon on the right side to help lessen the load and help Arthur and Elfie tank out the right side. Pegasus come there more or less often.

You are a female corrin so this chapter is a lot easier than with male corrin. I assume you have Jakob as a great knight? If not that's okay.

Have those Silas and two in attack stance side by side, not paired up and go to the right side of the barricade and have corrin tank the hits while silas and jakob clean up.

Have Odin on the left side on the cannon with Nyx doing cleanup duty above them and Azura supporting from UNDER the cannon, not to the right. This lets you have more movement room to sing to Camilla or anyone else you need to if the magic cannon is fine.

On the left side with the cannon, what you want to do is use that to hit the lancers FIRST. Make sure the lancers are easy clean up by the time Beruka, Selena, and Camilla get there.

The oni on the left will take time to break through so you can ignore them until it is necessary to hit them, Since Nyx is standing on top of Odin, she can clean up the oni hella easy. Keep odin on that cannon and keep weakening everyone in sight. By the time the next wave of oni are there, odin should use the cannon to completely bring their HP down by half or more so Camilla/Belka can clean up.

Elise is whatever, if Jakob can heal let him heal. Just have Elise go to the left to get that 10,000 gold then keep her away from danger while healing when necessary.

If you do that well enough, it should be easy enough to clean up the right side with Camilla/Belka and then focusing on the middle right to keep Oboro and pegasus from breaking through.

You want to lessen the numbers so take advantage of attack stance for your tank character as much as possible. Use defense stance only when you feel too threatened or you are about to die. Defense stance is much more important later on but for this chapter, you want to use attack stance and have more units available to deal damage.

Top Bottom