• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For the night crowd,

My friend has got Fire Emblem fever, so she gave me some voice samples from her favorite character + the one I thought looked coolest (Ryouma and Scarlet/Crimson), and I remixed them into a song.

Check it out here!

I think the part at 30-50 seconds sounds rad a f.

Kinsei

Banned
Nooooo! Silas is such a great unit and his child is just as good as he is.

I know. I'm trying not to reset though. resetting will be saved for my lunatic playthrough.

I started using Oboro in that chapter and she seems like a pretty good replacement as a tank though.

I finally had RNG save me, good.

I accidentally left Orochi in a wrong spot on Chapter 9 (Birthright/Hard/Classic) and Kaze got a 1% crit in the dual strike that saved her, and an hour's worth of time not wasted.

Dad

I know. I'm trying not to reset though. resetting will be saved for my lunatic playthrough.

I started using Oboro in that chapter and she seems like a pretty good replacement as a tank though.

Oboro is a great tank for me so far. Slap the guard naginata on her and watch her go

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oboro's kill animation as a Basara is the coolest thing in the game.

God, those amiibo battles are touuuugh. I thought I could recruit them ASAP and get a boost in manpower but they're not for early game. Marth and his troops have some amazing skills and weapons.

Also, what's the A+ support level? I noticed it was only for man to men or women to women but Corrin doesn't have it.

Boney

Banned
I could use a little pointers regarding classes and skills. Seems you get a character specific skill, a base class skill and a level 10 class skill. I'd assume promotions work same as awakening with level 5 and 15 brings the triggers.

What got me confused a bit now is that I got mozu to level 10 villager and decided to reclass her right after. My surprise is that she's still level ten (great so you can't over level) but I don't have any of the archer skills? So I should've class change before level 10 to get the second archer skill? I don't think underdog is a very good skill because unless fighting promoted units you're probably always gonna be a few levels higher, so getting all the bow affinity and the skills to waste seems like waste heh.

I don't care much about min maxing or genetics for the children but since I don't even know the classes skills it's gonna make some weird tough planning to do.

What's the archer skill? Is it better than underdog?

God, those amiibo battles are touuuugh. I thought I could recruit them ASAP and get a boost in manpower but they're not for early game. Marth and his troops have some amazing skills and weapons.

Also, what's the A+ support level? I noticed it was only for man to men or women to women but Corrin doesn't have it.
I'm guessing they did it so same gender supports wouldn't lag behind pairing husbandos and waifus. Not sure if you can have multiple A+ or at least one S and one A+

Shun

I could use a little pointers regarding classes and skills. Seems you get a character specific skill, a base class skill and a level 10 class skill. I'd assume promotions work same as awakening with level 5 and 15 brings the triggers.

What got me confused a bit now is that I got mozu to level 10 villager and decided to reclass her right after. My surprise is that she's still level ten (great so you can't over level) but I don't have any of the archer skills? So I should've class change before level 10 to get the second archer skill? I don't think underdog is a very good skill because unless fighting promoted units you're probably always gonna be a few levels higher, so getting all the bow affinity and the skills to waste seems like waste heh.

I don't care much about min maxing or genetics for the children but since I don't even know the classes skills it's gonna make some weird tough planning to do.

When you are over the level threshold for skills and you reclass, your next level will give you the first new skill from your new class.

For example you start with Mozume and get both her skills at 10, you can reclass to archer and get the remaining skills at 11 and 12 respectively.

The same applies to promoted units. If you were to promote to Merchant but then reclass to archer, you would get the pre promote skills each level up before getting the promoted skills.

Kinsei

Banned

You get any skills you missed by reclassing at a rate of one per level.

NeonZ

After class changing, she'll get skills of the new class that are bellow her level at a rate of one per level up. Promotions also include the base class skills too, if you don't have them. So for example if you change an Hero to Paladin, then that character will probably get first the two Cavalier skills before starting to get the actual Paladin ones.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

I'm guessing they did it so same gender supports wouldn't lag behind pairing husbandos and waifus. Not sure if you can have multiple A+ or at least one S and one A+
After reclassing, you will catch up on your skipped skills, one per level in their original order.

Boney

Banned
When you are over the level threshold for skills and you reclass, your next level will give you the first new skill from your new class.

For example you start with Mozume and get both her skills at 10, you can reclass to archer and get the remaining skills at 11 and 12
The same applies to promoted units. If you were to promote to Merchant but then reclass to archer, you would get the pre promote skills each level up before getting the promoted skills.

You get any skills you missed by reclassing at a rate of one per level.
Ah! That's great to hear! So I guess I should consider lots of reclasses now that most of my guys are level 10? I could probably afford 3 seal of heart.

Oh and ser butlers already promoted? Pretty sure Jakoh learned his skill at level 5. Which is weird as he's getting great experience unlike most paladins.

And I guess after reaching level 20 you're screwed for base skills and after for promoted skills? It shouldn't matter much on conquest but I'm curious.

Shun

Ah! That's great to hear! So I guess I should consider lots of reclasses now that most of my guys are level 10? I could probably afford 3 seal of heart.

Thing is a lot of characters are actually really good in their base class with no need to reclass to a better one unless it's for skills.

Thing with declassing is that it gives you different growth rates so you would reclass if you need the skill and having a smaller pool to choose from, it is counterintuitive to continue to reclass for skills because it eats a lot of gold and messes with growths.

Find out which class skills you want for the end game and which class you want to be in the end and go from there.

You're not going to feel most of the gains from changing class yet until you are promoted and you know most of your units can hold their own.

Jakob gets that because he has higher base stats but lower growths since he is a pre promoted unit. It will start to level out soon. Jakob is one of the few characters that benefit most from an early reclass, from butler to Great Knight.

one of the more problematic things about reclassing is that you usually end up with E rank weapons in your new class

not so much of a problem in birthright since you can grind that up but in conquest a late game reclass into a class that doesn't share weapons means you get stuck with terrible brass weapons

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You mean that weird flop on the ground? That's so inpractical it's almost hilarious.
It's the best example of adding extra fabulousness to an attack for no reason, and it's amazing because of it.

Brakke

Banned
I'm about to get my first guys to 10 but I gotta say: I do not understand the class system here at all. What's a Heart Seal? How am I supposed to approach class changing?

Luigi87

A couple are, the majority aren't.

Some are. The Conquest men have unique children so those are different.

Okay that makes me feel much better.

I just did the first one in Conquest and was all "Haven't I been here before?"
I was more disappointed that nothing changed per se..
Particularly since Mozu is Hoshidan, and well, obv. you're a Nohr group in Conquest. On the upside Mozu landed 65% of the kills this go-round, lol

Deeprealms. Absurd.

Yeah, when I saw the
explanation blurb I thought it was kind of funny. Just an explanation for how you can get a ready to fight child unit after getting S rank.

Anyone else think that Hana/Subaki is a decent S rank pairing? I have no S ranks currently because I don't know if I'll be screwing myself later on stat wise. Then again I don't know if this is the file I want to min/max stuff on.

Lunar15

Hoo boy this gameplay is good. But hard. Hopefully I shake the rust off before this hard mode on conquest gets too hard.

I'm a vet, but I'm also not an amazing strategist. That said, I'm loving the challenge.

I picked up Birthright today and have been playing for a little bit now (Hard difficulty/classic mode) and as of chapter 4, I am getting absolutely roasted. I lost Kage in chapter 4 (RNGesus made sure of that) and Chapter 5 has been busting my balls too. My team feels like it is severely outmatched by every enemy I approach.

I've played through every game since 7 came stateside on the GBA (except for the Wii one) and I don't remember ever getting put on blast so hard so early in the game. Am I just Fire Embleming wrong? I can't believe I am considering restarting on the normal difficulty. Talk about being humbled

Azuran

Banned
She does on Lunatic, at least. Try getting someone to have a full gauge Guard Stance, tank it, and then use ninjas and Takumi to take her out.

Well here goes nothing!

I'm going to be so salty if someone dies because Corrin got a perfect level up earlier in this chapter.

god it's a shame that that the strategist class for women gives them such an ugly outfit. My Felicia looks all bulky now, but she's much more useful casting spells than as a maid throwing daggers.

Luigi87

I picked up Birthright today and have been playing for a little bit now (Hard difficulty/classic mode) and as of chapter 4, I am getting absolutely roasted. I lost Kage in chapter 4 (RNGesus made sure of that) and Chapter 5 has been busting my balls too. My team feels like it is severely outmatched by every enemy I approach.

I've played through every game since 7 came stateside on the GBA (except for the Wii one) and I don't remember ever getting put on blast so hard so early in the game. Am I just Fire Embleming wrong? I can't believe I am considering restarting on the normal difficulty. Talk about being humbled

Chapter 5 is definitely an unexpected difficulty ramp, but it's also a lesson in unit placement and movement... Of course if you lost Kage in ch.4, that makes it that much more difficult, lol

GSR

Conquest/Hard/Classic second-to-last chapter:

ATdvCLH.jpg

Conquest/Hard/Classic last chapter:

I do think
making you restart from 27 if you lose on Endgame
is honestly fake difficulty though.
27 is easy enough to clear but takes a good 5-10 minutes, plus a little bit to skip all the cutscenes. And then you have to redo your prep for the final chapter
. So I'm
backing up a suspend-save on turn 1 of Endgame and restoring from it when I lose
and I do not feel guilty at all.

(Playing the Japanese version by the way before someone asks.)

NeonZ

Okay that makes me feel much better.

I just did the first one in Conquest and was all "Haven't I been here before?"
I was more disappointed that nothing changed per se..
Particularly since Mozu is Hoshidan, and well, obv. you're a Nohr group in Conquest. On the upside Mozu landed 65% of the kills this go-round, lol

Mozu's village was in Nohr, actually, in spite of the Hoshido class set. At least, according to her bio.

Dimmle

Hoo boy this gameplay is good. But hard. Hopefully I shake the rust off before this hard mode on conquest gets too hard.

I'm a vet, but I'm also not an amazing strategist. That said, I'm loving the challenge.
Hard Birthright is killing me. I'm dreading Conquest.

Deeprealms. Absurd.

This and the nonsensical story beats for the prologue had me facepalm.

I've been enjoying Birthright a lot more since that mess, though. These gameplay improvements are too good...to think I'm still using iron weapons at Chapter 17!

Hard Birthright is killing me. I'm dreading Conquest.

yeah holy crap chapter 14 was just brutal.

Luigi87

Mozu's village was in Nohr, actually, in spite of the Hoshido class set. At least, according to her bio.

... You lied to me game!!
But that actually makes everything quite all right then, since from Hoshido side of things a person is a person.

Kinsei

Banned
Chapter 11 is...something. Doing it right now and welp, I'd complain more about it, but I employ four Archers so meh.

I only had two (Setsuna and Takumi) so it was an interesting chapter. I was never at risk of dying until the boss was the only unit left (RIP Silas), but with my team composition at the time I felt like I had to be on top of my game at all times. Needless to say it was very mentally exhausting.

I am also stuck at Chapter 5. However, I feel that Chapter 4 is cake walk while Chapter 5 is crazy hard. I have played all three GBA FEs and I really do not recall anything this hard.

Top Bottom