• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

This space before my characters name is driving me crazy. I was hoping there would be a place to edit it but it looks like you can only change your hairstyle. I'm only up to chapter 6 so I can quickly restart and probably will.

1ynz57Ql.jpg

Chapter 5 is definitely an unexpected difficulty ramp, but it's also a lesson in unit placement and movement... Of course if you lost Kage in ch.4, that makes it that much more difficult, lol

I am also stuck at Chapter 5. However, I feel that Chapter 4 is cake walk while Chapter 5 is crazy hard. I have played all three GBA FEs and I really do not recall anything this hard.

4 wasn't terrible, it was just the middle section of monsters that really put work in if you didn't position yourself the wipe out at least 1 before the enemy turn. I'm glad I'm not alone in seeing 5 really picked shit up

The loss of Kage really does hurt. I'm actually just going through with restarting the game, but keeping it on the hard difficulty. This time Kage will make it to at least chapter 5.

Hugstable

Banned
I only had two (Setsuna and Takumi) so it was an interesting chapter. I was never at risk of dying until the boss was the only unit left (RIP Silas), but with my team composition at the time I felt like I had to be on top of my game at all times. Needless to say it was very mentally exhausting.

Yeah been playing Hard Classic and just finished that fight, had to take a long break cause it really took it out of me. Almost lost a character right at the very end to the boss, got super luck and Hana dodged out of the way of a 76% chance hit. Man it woulda sucked to have to replay all that. Chapter 10 was a really tough one too.

gunstarhero

Really regretting switching from Hard/Classic to Normal/Classic.

Currently on chapter 8 and it's not even a challenge. I switched at chap 5 because I was losing too many troops, but the difference between hard and normal seems to be too much of a gap imo.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

Currently on chapter 8 and it's not even a challenge. I switched at chap 5 because I was losing too many troops, but the difference between hard and normal seems to be too much of a gap imo.
That's why I make up my own challenges on normal classic: no unit dies and no using prepromoted units.

Sometime I'll go through the game on Hard (like with all FE games), but not the first time through.

gunstarhero

That's why I make up my own challenges on normal classic: no unit dies and no using prepromoted units.

Sometime I'll go through the game on Hard (like with all FE games), but not the first time through.

That's not a bad idea. I normally don't let any unit die - but thought about eliminating pre promoted units... Though I don't think I have any yet.

Game is still great fun - just wish it was a touch harder.

Guess I could always lead with Mozu to make things more challenging :p

Zaventem

Does anyone find it weird they removed the option to show the map tiled/partially tiled? Also the transition for the classic non moving camera option somehow became worse. I know it sounds nit picky but so far those are my only issues with the game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Whelp ch. 8 of birthright on hard/classic progress report:

Lost Hana and Sakura so far...they will be remembered.

ryseing

The pre-awakening DLC was so good

I didn't expect to feel so nostalgic, and the humor was on point

Yeah, for all of my vocal hate for that game I have a soft spot for it. It was the first new Fire Emblem in 5 and a half years and it just hit certain spots for me that no other franchise can. I was lurking GAF at the time and I remember reading the OTs and feeling like a part of the community even though I didn't have an account yet.

Good times.

god it's a shame that that the strategist class for women gives them such an ugly outfit. My Felicia looks all bulky now, but she's much more useful casting spells than as a maid throwing daggers.

I was thinking about reclassing her but she's so good as a healer, especially with that skill that gives her whatever health she heals. Think I'm just going to keep her as a maid for the rest of the game and go shenanigans with her other classes in a later playthrough.

Anyone have a list of all the chapters with bosses that can be captured? Do bosses have supports?

Serenes Forest has a list. No supports.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Does Revelations give you additional EXP/Support grinding room?

Like in Conquest without using the DLC I hear it's basically impossible to get every kid---but could I do that in Revelations to satisfy wanting to get every character?

Luigi87

In Birthright I reclassed Mozu as an Archer.
Deciding if I should do the same in Conquest... She's pretty kickass as an Archer.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
That's not a bad idea. I normally don't let any unit die - but thought about eliminating pre promoted units... Though I don't think I have any yet.

Game is still great fun - just wish it was a touch harder.

Guess I could always lead with Mozu to make things more challenging :p
I use Mozu as much as I can. ;)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I lost Hana in Chapter 7 on hard/classic. It was close to the end and everything else had gone well so... no reset. Mixed feelings.

Yea, ch. 7 had some cheap hits, just mostly did not expect Silas to a)be mobile and b)1-hit ko hana with his javelin two spaces away. I guess I just expected him to sit in that corner like all fire emblem map bosses. I was looking forward to building up Hana too, she left me way too early.

Oh and it's nice to see another player that respects the permadeath! I started assuming everyone here is a save scummer.

DNAbro

What do the hearts on the top screen in my room mean? Don't really understand if they mean anything and I can't find anything about it.

Swamped

Banned
I just recruited Mozu! Now on to the Ice Tribe battle. Getting to three villages will definitely prove challenging. Any tips?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How can you let Hana die?

She's awesome. My favorite character probably so far---though I'm not too far into Birthright. I paired her up with Silas because they seemed a great couple too, though if I played as a Male Avatar I probably would've S-Supported her.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Holy fuck, this invasion after Birthright 17 took me an hour, so brutal with a ton of fliers coupled with archers and consistent reinforcements across the map.

I thought this game was supposed to be easy.

Hazmat

I think chapter 5 is going to turn a lot of people off of hard. It's a dumb, frustrating battle that feels more like a puzzle because, at least for me, there was only one set of moves that could get me through it. They also could have used some indicator that some characters will die in chapters 4 and 5 and those aren't permadeaths.

Anustart

So early game, chapter 4 on hard
Sakura got smacked around. I've tried 4 times to get to her in time but can't seem to make it. Should I try harder? She gone for good? I dunno how classic works or even if she's a possible team member.

Moonlight

Banned
I just recruited Mozu! Now on to the Ice Tribe battle. Getting to three villages will definitely prove challenging. Any tips?
It took me a couple tries, but basically the important thing is to get mileage out of Elise's Freeze staff to keep the left-most village from being warned. There's really only one dude who will try to get there and as long as you're fast enough you can prevent him from ever getting closer than a tile away. I basically just rushed along the map's south side (Niles and Jakob did tons of work) to secure the route (minding enemy move squares) from the enemy mages and rushed Elise ahead to lock down the final settlement, then used Silas to move ahead and finish the job.

The mission is by far the hardest at its' beginning, but as soon as you deal with half the map, the pressure to keep moving becomes a lot less demanding.

So early game, chapter 4 on hard
Sakura got smacked around. I've tried 4 times to get to her in time but can't seem to make it. Should I try harder? She gone for good? I dunno how classic works or even if she's a possible team member.
She's fine, you want Hinoka to survive so you can talk to her and get a free item but otherwise it doesn't actually matter if they survive, they'll come back later.

Xamdou

What class should I upgrade Mozu to? Also what lvl is recommended to beat the Awakening dlc?

Also when I recruit the Amiibo FE characters as allies are they permanent?

How do I get My Castle battles? Trying to get Arthur'a kid, but I can't bring him or his wife Peri to main story chapters since they're too weak. -_-

NeonZ

Also when I recruit the Amiibo FE characters as allies are they permanent?

Yes, they're permanent.

I think the only limitation is that you need to scan the Amiibo again if you want them to show up in the Castle's field, rather than just part of the unit list.

traveler

Not Wario
I think chapter 5 is going to turn a lot of people off of hard. It's a dumb, frustrating battle that feels more like a puzzle because, at least for me, there was only one set of moves that could get me through it. They also could have used some indicator that some characters will die in chapters 4 and 5 and those aren't permadeaths.

Wait- ch 4 and 5 are the same for both routes right? I didn't lose anyone on 4, (Hard/Classic) so I don't think there's a scripted/auto loss there. 5, I'm wondering about. Seems like you'd need some serious rng luck for
the prince to make it through fighting the boss from the getgo.

I take it there's no real penalty for losing folks here either way?

I am also stuck at Chapter 5. However, I feel that Chapter 4 is cake walk while Chapter 5 is crazy hard. I have played all three GBA FEs and I really do not recall anything this hard.
It's super easy in Conquest because you only want to use Corrin anyway, and Corrin can one shot every enemy on the map.

4 wasn't terrible, it was just the middle section of monsters that really put work in if you didn't position yourself the wipe out at least 1 before the enemy turn. I'm glad I'm not alone in seeing 5 really picked shit up

The loss of Kage really does hurt. I'm actually just going through with restarting the game, but keeping it on the hard difficulty. This time Kage will make it to at least chapter 5.

You can lure those enemy in the middle one by one (don't use the dragon vein!!!). This can greatly reduce the difficulty. I think this chapter teaches us not to use dragon vein every single time.

It's super easy in Conquest because you only want to use Corrin anyway, and Corrin can one shot every enemy on the map.

Well, I am playing Birthlight...

diaspora

Silas puzzles me.
He and Corrin became friends in Nohr right? So why doesn't Corrin remember him AT ALL after he/she gets their memory back? All of their interactions are hilariously awkward as fuck as a result.

Top Bottom