• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

I'm still kind undecided on which version I should play first.

How hard is Conquest? For some background information, I have played every portable FE game that has been released outside of Japan.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So just to make sure I have it right before I try it out on Conquest, does using a heart seal still give you your 'base' class skills at the appropriate levels, in addition to your new class, if you promote prior to 20/15?

luslanz

Neo Member
Silas puzzles me.
He and Corrin became friends in Nohr right? So why doesn't Corrin remember him AT ALL after he/she gets their memory back? All of their interactions are hilariously awkward as fuck as a result.

He's just a forgettable person :)

Dad

I'm classic hard in conquest and thought it was easy, i knew those dragon vains were there for a better reason.
The initial units on the map are pretty easy, but I was trying to grind Sakura up her last few levels and things got out of hand with the reinforcements. This is assuming the shared paralogues are exactly the same between versions. Speaking of which, does anybody know if the paralogue missions scale to your level or are they predetermined?

Luigi87

Noooo

Hard/Classic for both games, alternating each chapter.

Ch.8 Conquest, I was doing so well, hit three villages, and then I miscalculated as two mages had just the right amount of damage to kill Corrin.

Xenoflare

Incredible. It'd even be funnier if it turned out he
had a crush on Corrin

LOL if you play
FCorrin that's exactly the case

I married my avatar to him but I kinda regret for not going for Kaze or Jakob. Ahh well there is always that birthright run

I have a mechanics question, if I clear one route will I get anything as a new game plus bonus if I start the other? Also how is the online update of my castle handled for multiple campaigns?

I'm debating if I should alternate between the routes or finish one then the other.

Xenoflare

Questions
Do kids get to grow up or not?

What exactly is that question.... plot wise they get put into a
hyperbolic time chamber so they would reach adulthood in one day or something

Unit wise they come with a special seal which promote them to the parent's level when you trigger their paralogues

mStudios

What exactly is that question.... plot wise they get put into a
hyperbolic time chamber so they would reach adulthood in one day or something

Unit wise they come with a special seal which promote them to the parent's level when you trigger their paralogues

I beat the paralogue, I just don't like children faces lol

About to play Chapter 5. Doing Hard/Classic. Liking it so far, but the game has been pretty lenient so far. Judging from some of the posts here, I'm expecting and hoping things get turned up a notch as I move forward from the "decision" chapter.

Xenoflare

Is there some pairs that can't have children? Or do they just sometimes take awhile to show up?

No? Once your S support is achieved the paralogue unlocks immediately, the enemies in those chapters are scaled to your level. Although don't do them too late since the kids can only reach level 20 of their base class and you need to take to them in order to use/promote them

Edit: OOPS forgot about the No Kana thing

I'm having trouble picking the best guy/girl pairings. So far I've decided on pairing Mozu and Jakob and also Subaki with Orochi, other than that I'm not sure who to go with who. Especially Saizo, he's a total tsundere.

Not looking to min/max, just playing on normal and having fun matching people. I wish Azura and the MC had an S-rank :\

DTU

Banned
Got the Birthright DLC from Best Buy, but I really want the cart (didn't realize you couldn't start with the DLC). Anyone interested in buying the Birthright DLC code for $22? Send a PM if interested!

Just realized my MC has max str. He's a level 11 promoted unit, so I think that's pretty good, given he he has 9 levels left to max (unless he uses an eternal seal to raise the level cap)

DNAbro

No? Once your S support is achieved the paralogue unlocks immediately, the enemies in those chapters are scaled to your level. Although don't do them too late since the kids can only reach level 20 of their base class and you need to take to them in order to use/promote them

Edit: OOPS forgot about the No Kana thing

Like always immediately? Cause I just got Sakura and Kaze married and no paralogue appeared. Did the paralogue for another child and then another mission and still no paralogue.

So my Jakob is level 17.

If I use a Heart Seal right now I can make him a level 17 Great Knight which I think means he'll get the first two Great Knight base class abilities at 18 and 19, then the first Great Knight ability at level 20.

I guess that means he can't get the level 15 Great Knight ability (-10 physical damage received when initiating combat) since he has no more levels at that point.

That kind of sucks.

Kinsei

Banned
So my Jakob is level 17.

If I use a Heart Seal right now I can make him a level 17 Great Knight which I think means he'll get the first two Great Knight base class abilities at 18 and 19, then the first Great Knight ability at level 20.

I guess that means he can't get the level 15 Great Knight ability (-10 physical damage received when initiating combat) since he has no more levels at that point.

That kind of sucks.

Jakob's max level is 40.

Should I be using Azula in Birthright path because I could not give less of a shit about her in battle.

She's the only Songstress/Dancer. That makes her useful IMO.

So my Jakob is level 17.

That kind of sucks.
Actually there's an item called an eternal seal that raises a promoted units level cap by 5

Xenoflare

Like always immediately? Cause I just got Sakura and Kaze married and no paralogue appeared. Did the paralogue for another child and then another mission and still no paralogue.

Maybe you did it too early? This is weird, all of my paralogues unlocked right after S supports.

On another note I find myself resetting after a unit's death even on casual, because grinding is really a luxury in Conquest and I don't want anyone to fall behind.

DNAbro

Maybe you did it too early? This is weird, all of my paralogues unlocked right after S supports.

On another note I find myself resetting after a unit's death even on casual, because grinding is really a luxury in Conquest and I don't want anyone to fall behind.

uhh yeah this is really weird. Just married off Silas and Azura and got the paralogues for their children.

It may have glitched somehow which is incredibly BS if that is what happened.

Kaze is a special case. His paralogue only unlocks after a certain point in the story
if you have an A-rank support with him to ensure he doesn't die at chapter 15

Kinsei

Banned
wait what?

So if I don't have an A rank with him he dies? I assume with my Avatar correct? or with anyone?

Yep. If he's not A rank with Corrin say bye to Kaze and his kid.

For his Butler class yeah. But normal classes have the 20 cap for levels I'm pretty sure.

Alright, I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.

I'm pretty sure it's the character himself. Why not wait until he reaches level 20 or 21 and then save before reclassing? If he keeps the 40 level cap keep on playing and if not reload.

DNAbro

Yep. If he's not A rank with Corrin say bye to Kaze and his kid.

I'm pretty sure it's the character himself. Why not wait until he reaches level 20 or 21 and then save before reclassing? If he keeps the 40 level cap keep on playing and if not reload.

I'm actually glad I learned that now. Now I'm worried there are more things like this.

Noooo

Hard/Classic for both games, alternating each chapter.

Ch.8 Conquest, I was doing so well, hit three villages, and then I miscalculated as two mages had just the right amount of damage to kill Corrin.
I was sitting at work (and stayed late because it was an easy night) and spent the entire 9 hours trying to beat this chapter lol

I did it! I just had to reset the game and have a more OP Corrin.

Dominator

Chapter 10 Conquest... I was at the end and I forgot to have someone blocking a green square and I lost.

I feel like an idiot that was like 40 minutes of progress.

Dimmle

Oh my god, help! Is Paralogue 14 (Rhajat) endless if I don't seal up every poison bog?! I've gained so many amazing levels!

At chapter 17 I believe. Honestly can someone remind me what was ESPECIALLY bad about the previous two chapters? I remember reading comments about how it was so bad, but it didn't seem any worst than Awakening or another game with a meh story.

On a side note, finally started to visit castles to get resources for accessories. Don't see the point of the smithy so far, maybe it's more necessary in harder difficulties.

Xenoflare

At chapter 17 I believe. Honestly can someone remind me what was ESPECIALLY bad about the previous two chapters? I remember reading comments about how it was so bad, but it didn't seem any worst than Awakening or another game with a meh story.

On a side note, finally started to visit castles to get resources for accessories. Don't see the point of the smithy so far, maybe it's more necessary in harder difficulties.

It's the premise of the story, I didn't really care because I already know the plot of the three games inside and out back when it came out in Japan.

Basically the Avatar needs to be reminded that Garon is actually evil, and the only way to uncover him is to make him sit on the Hoshidan throne while not telling anyone about it. Then throughout the story the avatar keeps doing the shitty things Garon ask him/her to do while trying to be a fighter for peace saying "I DIDN'T WANTED TO DO THIS WAH", all those Hoshidan lives lost to prove something that we already know

Astral Dog

As far as i know nobody is saying its worse than Awakening,just that the two games were very different in design and the plot is sloppily disconnected.

Xenoflare

As far as i know nobody is saying its worse than Awakening,just that the two games were very different in design and the plot is sloppily disconnected.

If I didn't know the plot of Conquest I would actually rate it worse than awakening, Awakening is inoffensive despite of being bland and disjointed but Conquest Chapter 15 is just. I don't know, borderline stupid

But the gameplay is so good that I don't care

Top Bottom