• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

I like the completely silent version better. Is that Revelation? You can't recruit both of those characters in any current version.
yes its revelation, special edition owners already have access to it
You know how I know FE is more anime now? The increased complaints about dubs and localization.
I have no qualms with the dubs, thats not localization though, thats just laziness. Treehouse doesnt localize, they just warp

Ponn

Banned
So I fought a couple online battles the last couple days and both times my opponents "surrendered" (as Camilla would say, take your beating like a man/woman) Anyways I noticed I still haven't reached rank 1 under battles under rewards. Is it because they are disconnecting? If so thats bullshit.

I'm also setting up my castle hard for invasion but I haven't had any updates or notices in that regards. Is there something more you have to do to enable that or are people just scared shitless when they see my defenses? I have defenders placed and enabled spotpass and everything like that. I've visited a couple other castles but it wasn't attacking it just plopped me into their castle to do shopping and raid their mines.

You people are given an awesome new class and you scorn that beautiful gift with "too many ninjas".

I guess another Oni Savage or Spearfighter would be cool but we've had those before, but we've never had ninjas.

Taruranto

Odin: Swordmaster or Master of Swords?

I was thinking Swordmaster since I just focus on 1 weapon and being on Conquest I can't grind.

Draxal

You people are given an awesome new class and you scorn that beautiful gift with "too many ninjas".

I guess another Oni Savage or Spearfighter would be cool but we've had those before, but we've never had ninjas.

I think too many samurai is a legit complaint especially when you only need one. I guess there's two many maids/butlers as well as there's six of them (3 and 3 that can promote into the class from their base).

sensui-tomo

One support conversation and they are the worst?

You should see some complaints about digimon cyber sleuth with the Bakemono/Bakemon translation thing.

What was the original dialogue?

someone i know on facebook had this on their page and it shows the comparison between the localization and translation https://www.facebook.com/unprofessionalmadman/videos/854116831377432/ Not sure if it'll work due to facebook video being weird. Note the comments there are just as terrible as youtube comments.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
You should see some complaints about digimon cyber sleuth with the Bakemono/Bakemon translation thing.

someone i know on facebook had this on their page and it shows the comparison between the localization and translation https://www.facebook.com/unprofessionalmadman/videos/854116831377432/ Not sure if it'll work due to facebook video being weird. Note the comments there are just as terrible as youtube comments.
Where're the English translation of the Japanese release from? The one done by fans?

Neoweee

Are enemies counts higher on Hard? I assumed they just always had better items and a level or two more. No fucking wonder I can't go take house on chapter 10.

I actually think the map is pretty great now that I got a chance to play it. Its the first map that hasn't just been me moving up slowly baiting a unit out and then killing it.

I've played all the US Fire Emblem except Shadow Dragon on Normal. Anyone who says Conquest hard is comparable to non- Awakening games on Normal really misremembering the difficulty of those other games. You can even grind in all those other games to some extent with the arena, but that's not the case here. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to willing to play on hard.

Yes, there are more enemies, with higher stats, and some maps have more reinforcements.

Some examples of differences.

Chapter 2:
Hard has three enemies on each side, rather than 2.

Chapter 5:
Hard has a wave of reinforcements that Normal doesn't have, and I think one extra enemy in the South pack, and/or an enemy that is Guard Stance Paired-Up that isn't on Normal.

Conquest 7:
Hard has a few extra enemies.

Conquest 8:
A lot of packs of enemies are 3 enemies on Hard, while they are only 2 enemies on Normal. Hard has more enemies that come out of the houses.

Conquest 9:
Hard has an additional enemy in each of several "pulls".

Conquest 10:
Many waves that are 3 enemies on Normal have 4 enemies on Hard, or have 3 enemies when there were only 2 on normal.

Paralogue 1:
Quite a few more enemies on Hard, and they will push towards Mozu earlier.

Conquest Normal is definitely in line with Normal in the other US Fire Emblems (that aren't Awakening or SS). Conquest Hard is quite a bit harder, and there is no Arena to abuse. You can cheese some level-ups with Azura, but she doesn't gain stats at level up (lol) so who the fuck cares.

Kinsei

Banned
So I just got my SE copy. Besides the time I put into Awakening I am a Fire Emblem noob. Should I start with Birthright?

Yes.

Start on hard mode and if it's too hard drop it down to normal. The reason i suggest this is because the gap between normal and hard is immense and you can lower the difficulty at any time after chapter 6, but you can;t raise it. If hard is too hard then lower it for something more suited to you.

As usual, I take my time before jumping in.

Decided to go with Birthright first since I anticipate liking Conquest more. Save the better for last.

Anyone else applying the same logic as I am here or naw?

Up to Chapter 11 on Birthright, playing Hard/Classic. I'm loving it so far, as expected. The changes to pair-up are truly brilliant. <3 Intelligent Systems

It's still hard for me to comprehend the fact that I have three new FE games to play at the same time. Truly this is a monumental event in human history and will forever be remembered as a highlight of our accomplishments as a race.

Luigi87

Man bosses can be terrifying. I always need to preplan.

Chapter 9 Birthright
Seeing Zola with such a high Critical chance, pretty much gambled on Corrin/Jakob to weaken and kill him with Azura refreshing their turn. I usually don't pair Corrin and Jakob but it helped here, lol

Also
WVW69i7VSj8PUvH0qz

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
How do you get ore?

You have to travel to other people's castles and use their mines or pools to collect them. Don't know why it's called ore when they're all varieties of gem stones, not metals but whatever.

You get to build one Ore producing building and one Crop producing building in your castle. There are 12 of each with half exclusive to Nohr, half to Hoshido. Which ore and crop you get is random. You can increase how many you have by better on them in Arena fights.

Decided to go with Birthright first since I anticipate liking Conquest more. Save the better for last.

im doing the same, except playing conquest first to get it over with. I anticipate enjoying revelations the most

Leiru

You have to travel to other people's castles and use their mines or pools to collect them. Don't know why it's called ore when they're all varieties of gem stones, not metals but whatever.

You get to build one Ore producing building and one Crop producing building in your castle. There are 12 of each with half exclusive to Nohr, half to Hoshido. Which ore and crop you get is random. You can increase how many you have by better on them in Arena fights.

Thanks, anyone know how to carve names into weapons?

Insolitus

Banned

That's what I thought but now I'm wondering if I might end up disliking Conquest because IMO it doesn't seem to make sense to side with Nohr from the way the story is told, that and how everyone keeps saying the story is awful.

I'm doing the same. I think I'll like conquest more for the story, and it makes more sense to me personally to chose that route from a story perspective. Can't abandon those who loved me. Also, I'm doing Birthright lunatic right now, but if I chose conquest first I woulda probably done hard mode. Now I'm sure I'm doing lunatic because it isn't as impossible as lunatic on some other FE games.

That's what I thought but now I'm wondering if I might end up disliking Conquest because IMO it doesn't seem to make sense to side with Nohr from the way the story is told, that and how everyone keeps saying the story is awful.
conquest's story really is godawful, right from the choice to side with Nohr making no sense as you heard to just a series of laughable decisions from your MC.

Still the maps have mostly been fun, though the most fun one was a shared paralogue. I havent found conquest very difficult, however its really annoying to grind support (can only spam my castle battles which involves beating on enemies that have no weapon equipped, or spam before awakening which scales based on story progress so your weak characters cant participate), or explore other characters since there is no EXP to spare for them.

So if you are the kind of person that just wants to go straight through the main missions conquest is great, but if you like to explore character growth and see all the supports, or min/max, it gets aggravating. No real clue on the difficulty comparisons since I havent played birthright yet, but 20 chapters in and conquest hasn't been too difficult.

Luigi87

I'm doing what seemingly no one else is doing...

Playing each chapter by chapter! (Birthright->Conquest->Birthright, etc)

I actually like this since I'm getting two different story perspectives simultaneously. Only issue is I need to make certain notes of who I was pairing with who in each version (for certain crossover characters).

I'm saving Revelation for after I finish both though.

On Conquest Chapter 11, what's the best strategy of approaching the ninjas on the left room? Usually I try to send Effie paired up with someone else but I end up getting overwhelmed and the debuff her too quick :/

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
My Jakob in Birthright Hard mode is OP and probably one of my strongest characters. He just one shots everything, and nothing can take him down.

Shun

On Conquest Chapter 11, what's the best strategy of approaching the ninjas on the left room? Usually I try to send Effie paired up with someone else but I end up getting overwhelmed and the debuff her too quick :/

Elfie was fine with archers but for that room use Camilla and axes. Axe is stronger because of weapon triangle.

So use throwing axe or thunder.

Luigi87

My Jakob in Birthright Hard mode is OP and probably one of my strongest characters. He just one shots everything, and nothing can take him down.

He's a pre-promote unit so he's quite strong at the start. He still get some good gains (unlike Jeigans) but I like to balance him around others so he doesn't get all the exp.

Chase17

I'm doing what seemingly no one else is doing...

Playing each chapter by chapter! (Birthright->Conquest->Birthright, etc)

I actually like this since I'm getting two different story perspectives simultaneously. Only issue is I need to make certain notes of who I was pairing with who in each version (for certain crossover characters).

I'm saving Revelation for after I finish both though.
That's a pretty interesting way to go about it. I feel like I'd lose track of info though. Especially with the characters that overlap between games.

I sometimes struggle to keep track of what I'm doing with my units in just the one version lol.

Top Bottom