• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

GSR

I wanted to do normal classes before messing around with reclassing but I can see that sticking with the main class kind of sucks, especially since dragonstones seem pretty worthless.

Debating if I should do Nohr Noble for my Conquest run hmmmmmm

Having just finished Conquest/Hard: I did temporarily switch Corrin over to Hero to pick up Sol and Axebreaker (didn't really need the latter in the end, but oh well) but Nohr Noble is a pretty solid class. My Corrin with a Dragonstone+ could tank for days, and the skills for the class are both super useful. (The level 5 skill debuffs any enemy that fights Corrin by 4 for all stats like you used a Weakness staff, which makes Corrin great for softening up bosses; the level 15 skill gives Corrin access to their Guard Stance partner's in-combat skills.)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Does anyone have tips for leveling up Mozu? I try to get her to get the last hit on opponents, but they always end up dying at some point.
Have your other dudes carry weaker weapons.

Or have Mozu initiate a battle with a dual strike partner that is guaranteed to kill so she doesn't get countered.

Weebos

Banned
Sorry to ask twice, but these threads move at the speed of light, and there is not information out there about this yet...

So I am playing Birthright, but I bought Conquest to get access to the items and stuff. I want to try out the dread fighter class.

If I am going to use it on Rinkah, should I level her to 20 first, promote her, and then reclass her to dread fighter?

Depends on what you want. The Oni Savage will get its last skill at level 10, then its promotions will get skills at 5 and 15.

The Dreadfighter gets skills at 5, 10, 25, and 35 (I think).

What skills do you want first? If you really want skills from her promoted class quickly, then wait until then, if not, Dread Fighter it up.

Effie is a goddamn monster. But I am worried part of that is always being paired with THE CHIN. Makes me wonder if I need to keep wasting a unit spot just to have them paired up the whole time.
idk specifically about Arthur and Effie but it probably isn't a wasted unit spot if Arthur makes Effie into a monster. Rinkah was deployed in every map for me and did nothing but stalk Kaze, but Kaze really wrecked because of it so it was definitely worth bringing her every time.

Zaventem

Supposedly it's a mock with hackers.
I played on the 2nd day and the invaders were all maxed out and had the best gear.

I thought maybe I just run into Japanese, but apparently multiplayer is region locked.

It's a god damn mess, I just avoid it and visit castles. How can they not try to lockdown something so simple.

pic related.

he_went_the_extra_mile.png

ryushe

Anyone else finding the support conversations in this game (Birthright at least) a HUGE step down from those of Awakening?

Granted, I'm only about 7 hours into the game and don't have a large cast of characters, but I haven't read a single funny or interesting conversation yet. Please tell me they get better...

Anyone finding the support conversations in this game (Birthright at least) a HUGE step down from those of Awakening?

Granted, I'm only about 7 hours into the game and don't have a large cast of characters, but I haven't read a single funny or interesting conversation yet. Please tell me they get better...
ive been playing conquest and definitely have found them mostly uninteresting. And even the ones that are good goto shit at S rank. All of the love confessions, with MC or other characters, manage to not even follow the leadup from C-A properly, and sometimes not even at all

Moonlight

Banned
Chapter 12 Conquest mission spoilers:

What the heck is up with
the reinforcements arriving? What's the trigger? Sometimes they arrive as soon as turn 7, but once they arrived as late as turn 12. It makes a huge difference for how hard this chapter actually is and the fact I still can't tell what the hell is attracting them is kind of annoying me.

DarkKyo

I've had this game since it came out and no matter what I can not get through Chapter 8 on hard/classic in Conquest. I've probably reset about 100 times so far. It's driving me insane. I feel like my characters just aren't strong enough. I refuse to lower the difficulty and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know it gets even harder than this so I'm not sure why I'm even playing this game. The best I've done so far is shut down three of the villages before more troops can spawn from them but that took forever to accomplish and I still got creamed after I did that.

Anyone have any tips for the mission, or just tips in general? I feel so lost and I'm not having fun at all :(

Panda Rin

Glad I'm playing through Birthright at the moment. Not enjoying the bloat they put into it. Wasn't a huge fan of it in Awakening, but there seems to be more of it in Birthright. Thinking i'll enjoy Conquest a bit more.

Brakke

Banned
I've had this game since it came out and no matter what I can not get through Chapter 8 on hard/classic in Conquest. I'e probably reset about 100 times so far. It's driving me insane. I feel like my characters just aren't strong enough. I refuse to lower the difficulty and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know it gets even harder than this so I'm not sure why I'm even playing this game. The best I've done so far is shut down three of the villages before more troops can spawn from them but that took forever to accomplish and I still got creamed after I did that.

Anyone have any tips for the mission, or just tips in general? I feel so lost and I'm not having fun at all :(

I mean... duh but just lower the difficulty. But if you're committed to Hard: Birthright campaign has opportunities to grind and I think it's generally easier. Maybe you should start there.

Why are you letting the boss attack your dancer in the first place?

Edit: I don't mean that in a "git gud scrub" but watching enemy ranges is one clear way to get better if you find the game frustrating.

Edit: I don't mean that in a "git gud scrub" but watching enemy ranges is one clear way to get better if you find the game frustrating.

I mean in fairness, most bosses don't move at all, so it's easy to get caught off guard by one who does, especially if other weaker units are nearby and you think they'll be the ones attacking

I didn't realize the boss could move. He and his units were on horseback and I couldn't take them all out and the other soldiers before the turn ended. I tried to pair the dancer up with a unit and well, she ended up dancing for them instead >_>

OmegaFax

Depends on what you want. The Oni Savage will get its last skill at level 10, then its promotions will get skills at 5 and 15.

The Dreadfighter gets skills at 5, 10, 25, and 35 (I think).

What skills do you want first? If you really want skills from her promoted class quickly, then wait until then, if not, Dread Fighter it up.

I probably messed up with Rinkah. Had her S rank and marry Corrin and I changed Rinkah's class from Oni Savage -> Great Lord.

DarkKyo

I mean... duh but just lower the difficulty. But if you're committed to Hard: Birthright campaign has opportunities to grind and I think it's generally easier. Maybe you should start there.

Yeah... I think you might be right. I feel like there's only so many combinations of moves possible in a battle and I tried them all and still failed.

Probably have a better time on an easier difficulty... Thanks.

RNG favored me today. After a long time on conquest 8, I managed to clear the map aside from the boss (beating the boss ends the level) and visit 3 villages (netting me max bonus money once completed). As I was facing the boss, a few key attacks missed, and it was down to Arthur to win it all. But Arthur's chance of hitting was less than 50%, and if he missed I'd definitely need to restart. But Arthur came through with a clutch hit and I won the chapter

best buy finally shipped and it should be here tomorrow. My question is since this is my first fire emblem even though I own them on ds and wii for collection purposes. Any tips for just starting newb.

tips for chapter 11 conquest (the rainbow sage chapter)?

I usually wait for the enemy to come closer to me but on this map its like no one moves. plus on the right side there's some annoying mages and an enemy who can take half of your health with a spell that covers the whole map which can really screw you over

Is it me or is chapter 12 in Birthright real fucked?

I can't get to the end without the enemy officer catching at least one of my guys with his OP attacks.

Kade

Do the different facial expressions in the Combat Forecast mean anything? I just noticed that they changed on one of my units depending on which weapon I had selected to attack with. She had a bigger smile on her face and closed eyes when I chose a weapon that was going to do less total damage.

Do the different facial expressions in the Combat Forecast mean anything? I just noticed that they changed on one of my units depending on which weapon I had selected to attack with. She had a bigger smile on her face and closed eyes when I chose a weapon that was going to do less total damage.

They do. Basically a character smirking/smiling means they are going into a battle with the upper hand. If they are going in battle with a pained expression that means they are at a disadvantage/ likely going to die.

Kiro

I can't get to the end without the enemy officer catching at least one of my guys with his OP attacks.

I killed everyone except the king. The paths are narrow so you can really have a good choke, and healers heal from a space away now so they are safe and can get danced for a double heal. This level I found was easy and great for exp.

Rainy

Banned

I attached Corrin to a flyer and was able to get to the exit before the enemy caught me. Unless you mean fighting all the enemies, in which case I didn't do that hah.

carlsojo

Trying to stay committed to Hard difficulty on Conquest but I'm starting to realize I'm not having fun smashing my head against a wall. The RNG makes my successes and failures seem luck based versus related to actual strategy.

Kade

They do. Basically a character smirking/smiling means they are going into a battle with the upper hand. If they are going in battle with a pained expression that means they are at a disadvantage/ likely going to die.

Good to know, thanks. Didn't notice this in other Fire Emblem games if it was present in those as well.

Dresden

as painful as it can be sometimes, I like having stat growth be fixed upon character join (or whatever the actual conditions are). Not worrying about RNG as much within individual battles because getting screwed is spread out through the entire game.

I killed everyone except the king. The paths are narrow so you can really have a good choke, and healers heal from a space away now so they are safe and can get danced for a double heal. This level I found was easy and great for exp.

Reading up on it, apparently playing on Hard or above has the officer units that are way, way stronger than you move toward you. So that seems to be what's causing my consternation.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Birthright beaten!

Ryoma basically solo'd the last chapter. Holy shit is he brokenly OP.

I'm surprised they killed off Elise. Xander I saw coming, but sweet little Elise? Such is the darkness of war, and I'm actually glad they went through with that. Lilith, Flora, and Azura too... damn. Gunter never came back either, and Kaze very nearly bit the bullet. This FE didn't pull any punches.

People say the story sucks, but I don't think it does. It's not the BEST FE story, but it's a step up from Awakening and Sacred Stones (which are at the bottom of the narrative pile). It's a fairly cliche story about overthrowing an evil king with some extra family drama added in via the Nohr siblings, and it works well enough for what it's trying to do. The locations, maps, and general atmosphere were fantastic, by far the best in any Fire Emblem game, both aesthetically and mechanically. The Ice Tribe village stands out as the most beautiful map in the series, and the Nohrian cities all have this very unique nightlife atmosphere to them. Both Hoshido and Nohr were very different from the norm, and on a purely visual level very different from most standard RPGs with a very strong focus on color (white and red for Hoshido, black and purple for Nohr) that is carried throughout the entire game.

Overall, I'd put Fates just below Path of Radiance for the best FE game. I very much enjoyed my time with it and
now am going to undub the game and play through it again as a female until my next paycheck comes in and I can move onto Conquest.

Miker

Reading up on it, apparently playing on Hard or above has the officer units that are way, way stronger than you move toward you. So that seems to be what's causing my consternation.

I'm playing on hard/classic, and I ended up flying to the exit w/ Reina because it was impossible with my army. Don't freeze the water? Your doods will die holding those chokepoints. Freeze the water? Get rekt from all sides. I'd say look at your army, and if you don't think it's doable, save yourself the time and just fly away.

Renewed

There's a point where you can be overwhelmed if you don't plan accordingly. There are units you won't be able to take on and even with Armorslayer type weapons and Kaden, it's still risky business. My priority was the drops from enemies, the chest and getting out in time with some decent EXP before it got too dicey.

And yeah, don't freeze the water lol

Shun

No it is quite possible to make something like that with buying skills from other builds or through multiple save files and buying skills from past characters.

You can easily do something like that with the right reclassing and grinding and then buy the skills for another file like Revelation.

It is not like it matters, Aptitude isn't that great of a skill and it is useless for PvP anyway. Once Witch class is out PvP is game over.

Ala Alba

Restart, but make sure Hayato talks to Rhajat on your second go. That's how you clear it.

Turns out closing all the dragon veins will stop them from coming.

On the plus side, all my units are 3-4 levels higher. >_>

16 more enemies every other turn for 25 turns (until I figured it out) adds up.

P90

I'd like some advice, please. I am playing Birthright. My avatar is male with skill+/defense-. The second ability is ninja. I have Felicia, Sakura, Oboro, Hinoka, and Kagero at A level. Sakura has godly stats. Who is the recommended waifu and best mother?

NeonZ

a question is there a way to get more lord classes? i saw a castle that had more than one lord class and i was curious if that class is transferable

It isn't - at least not among main characters, but I think if you save an Einherjar with the class it should be transferable to another game and it'll keep the class. Of course, that means no supports.

Kiro

I beat it on hard. They were way stronger than me. But with a choke and double heal, my strongest guy could survive every turn and chip at them.

Top Bottom