• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

They already did a hone attack banner. They should do hone speed as well with Ryoma, Eirika and Matthew (lol). The only other unit with hone speed outside of Bridal Caeda is Laslow.

Triple red banner!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Damn, 4818 just hit the cutoff for not making it into T20. New unit BST creep is real; I'm pretty sure that would have made T20 easily a few weeks ago.

Pejo

Man I have been getting all sorts of off banner units in my search for Shigure and Inigo, what a bummer. I might as well just give up though, I need to get my reserves back up for whatever they have for Halloween.

Busaiku

So I had a +Speed, -Defense Lucius and decided to make him my Wrathful Staff recipient.
But apparently Staff users can't inherit Life & Death, Fury, Death Blow, Darting Blow, etc.
And they also can't learn any attacking specials.

Why does this class even exist.

Mupod

Anyone want to make some wild guesses on the new banner tomorrow (assuming we get one) when the deathblow banner expires?

My guesses (for skills):

1. Heroes with Brave Weapons (Cain/Roderick/Raven)
2. Heroes with Breaker Skills (Abel/Setsuna/Laslow)
3. Heroes with Drive Skills (Delthea/Roderick/B.Lucina)
4. Heroes with Teleporting (WoM) Skills (Palla/Frederick/Faye)
5. Heroes with Flier Skills (Hinoka/Caeda/Palla)

I actually thought we would be getting some banners to coincide with the release of FE:Warriors in JP but they are still nowhere to be found *__*a.

I'm still waiting on the flier counterpart to the cavalry banner we had a while back, so I'm hoping for that. Hone fliers is badly needed for my team, and I need to replenish blue fodder.

WoM banner does seem likely, and would be annoying because we'd start seeing more Firesweep Lyns. Yuck.

Sciel

Heroes with slaying weapons please.
Would be nice but that would have to include Neph, and we just had her in a banner.

I'm still waiting on the flier counterpart to the cavalry banner we had a while back, so I'm hoping for that. Hone fliers is badly needed for my team, and I need to replenish blue fodder.

WoM banner does seem likely, and would be annoying because we'd start seeing more Firesweep Lyns. Yuck.
Haha, the reason i actually put that on the list was because it seems to make sense when you consider that we have a dancer banner up atm.

So I had a +Speed, -Defense Lucius and decided to make him my Wrathful Staff recipient.
But apparently Staff users can't inherit Life & Death, Fury, Death Blow, Darting Blow, etc.
And they also can't learn any attacking specials.

Why does this class even exist.
To fill up the paradise known as colorless hell. They're useful in certain scenarios though.

That said, did you really feed a Genny to Lucius? There are a lot of better healers who could use it instead.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
When are we getting a Walhart or Aversa GHB?

78d.png

fe_aversa.jpg

Akuun

Healers are great in chain challenges or tempest. Just terrible in arena due to low score.

I also often tack a healer on in arena assault teams because usually a strong unit backed up by a healer is easier on the roster than pulling out two strong units.

Busaiku

That said, did you really feed a Genny to Lucius? There are a lot of better healers who could use it instead.
I don't have Elise, and the rest of my units have poor Attack or Speed.
Lucius seems to have good offensive presence for a Staffer, and great Resistance.

lt519

The true heroes of Arena Assault are not your first units, but your last.

My AA usually goes like this: a cobbled together rainbow team that has zero synergy or positional moves but high BST to get me 4800+ struggles to win a match for several tries without a death. I keep restarting and get to the 3rd round where I severely overestimate someones ability to hard counter a Lyn or Rein. Start over. Finally get a over the third round hump where I now have 2 full horse teams and 2 stacked infantry teams that can take on anything. I always end with Titania, Rein, Camus, and Xander which I don't think I've ever lost a unit in any arena match using that team.

Sciel

I don't have Elise, and the rest of my units have poor Attack or Speed.
Lucius seems to have good offensive presence for a Staffer, and great Resistance.
Its up to you in the end, just pointing it out because Gennys are....difficult to pull. You could always keep her till you get a better unit.

Lucius has good stats, but i suppose the reason why people prefer throwing that skill on cavalry healers is because (aside from maneuverability) they have access to horse buffs

All lunatic chain challenges done! Last one I had to do was 9 & 10. Ended up doing most of it with Nino, Delthea, Celica (w/Renewal and Reciprocal Aid) and Axura. Was going great until I made a stupid mistake and lost a unit Celica. I really like this team actually. Might use it for next arena.

The Axura buff is so cash. It seems simple enough to just stack your units to get their buffs but it doesn't work out the way you want in a fair number of cases. Instead of wasting a turn shuffling or shitting a brick because you've got enemies hurtling towards you it's just, "Here's a buff to everything. You're welcome." Nino could fire off every turn no matter where everyone was once WoM became active. Doesn't even need to be a blade tome. Need to bait with a unit? Why not bait with another 12 stat points? It let's you navigate ploys as well and I don't mean a refresh. You can look for a pocket a where you dodge debuffs and tuck your dude in there so they can bait.

This unit is so good. Plus with Delthea around anything blue just disappears.

lt519

All lunatic chain challenges done!

Nice! I don't have the patience to go back and do 11 & 12. I haven't tried to do it in a while, but not having a flier team was really hurting me on the map that is split and with the 4 mages in the fortress. Horse Emblem doesn't seem to handle that well. I could probably do some things with Escape Route, Wings of Mercy, etc to move units around but I'm not that invested in 4 orbs to try and piece that together.

This unit is so good. Plus with Delthea around anything blue just disappears.

I wish I had her, but I think my pulls are good enough already. 55 Orbs for the Dancer boys is the best luck I've ever had, so I can definitely wait a few weeks for info about new banners before trying again.

Man, -DEF P. Azura is wet toilet paper. Even with Triangle Adept 3, she gets chunked by blues.

Do you not understand what TA3 does? Of course it makes her weak against Blue Heroes.

EDIT: Oops, I'm an idiot. Got the color triangle mixed up.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I wish I had her, but I think my pulls are good enough already. 55 Orbs for the Dancer boys is the best luck I've ever had, so I can definitely wait a few weeks for info about new banners before trying again.

Do you not understand what TA3 does? Of course it makes her weak against Blue Heroes.
She's a green axe with TA3? Why would she be weak against blues? She deals 20% more to blue lances/tomes and takes 20% less from them.

My point was that her defense sucks and a 20% off rebate off a lot is still a lot.

Pejo

Man I just had a great arena run ruined by somebody crazy enough to put distant counter on Alphonse and an Azura with Wings of Mercy. Was slowly working Hector over to kill her and then she goes poof and ruins my Ike.

:mad:

Mupod

Man I just had a great arena run ruined by somebody crazy enough to put distant counter on Alphonse and an Azura with Wings of Mercy. Was slowly working Hector over to kill her and then she goes poof and ruins my Ike.

:mad:

It's a lesson you gotta learn eventually. WoM is standard issue on almost all dancers, surprised you've never seen that before.

Akuun

I still get caught by WoM sometimes.

It's like a big ball rolling down the stairs in Demon's Souls. You check every flight of stairs for one, and of course you get wrecked the one time you forget.

StAidan

Closing this season out with 4857, which I believe is my highest score so far. It wasn't a deathless run, but it places me in tier 19 which is good enough. This is off of my brand new arena team, dropping my longstanding flier emblem build and going for something higher BST instead.

My team is:
- Tharja (+9)
- BIke (unmerged)
- Bride Cordelia (+2)
- Nephenee (+2)

I had some great synergy going with them this week, I'll be sad to break up the team, but gotta sub in a new bonus unit, if not come up with another group altogether.

explodet

I'm still tempted to make that Lightning Breath/WoM/Breath of Life Dragon team just to see how it would do.
Though I just put together a new team that actually got a defense win (three in fact) and I don't want to jinx it.

Firemind

Closing this season out with 4857, which I believe is my highest score so far. It wasn't a deathless run, but it places me in tier 19 which is good enough. This is off of my brand new arena team, dropping my longstanding flier emblem build and going for something higher BST instead.

My team is:
- Tharja (+9)
- BIke (unmerged)
- Bride Cordelia (+2)
- Nephenee (+2)

I had some great synergy going with them this week, I'll be sad to break up the team, but gotta sub in a new bonus unit, if not come up with another group altogether.
Is that Tharja 5*? Because even I got 4844. Still going down to 19 tho

StAidan

Is that Tharja 5*? Because even I got 4844. Still going down to 19 tho

Yeah it is, my BIke died in round 7 though and I didn't care to make another attempt. Got careless and he was ORKOd by an Amelia. Totally preventable, too. Anyway, I'm sure I lost 60-ish points from that.

Firemind

Yeah it is, my BIke died in round 7 though and I didn't care to make another attempt. Got careless and he was ORKOd by an Amelia. Totally preventable, too. Anyway, I'm sure I lost 60-ish points from that.
Holy crap that must have taken a lot of feathers haha

StAidan

Holy crap that must have taken a lot of feathers haha

lol, yeah, out of the 10 Tharjas it took to make this, 5 of them were 4* summons. I've dedicated way too many feathers to this build, thank goodness I only need one more merge to round it out.

Akuun

What's the threshold for staying in T20 this week? 4900? More?

I wonder if I should even try to keep merging 4* units for arena. I'm sure I can make it into T20 but I doubt I can stay in it.

I have a 5* Effie (+Def/-SPD) and just rolled a 4* Effie (+Attack/-HP). So I promote my 4* and use it as my main or stay with the 5*.

I want to inherit pivot and theaten attack/def but I need to know which one would be best to invest in.

Tripon

I have a 5* Effie (+Def/-SPD) and just rolled a 4* Effie (+Attack/-HP). So I promote my 4* and use it as my main or stay with the 5*.

I want to inherit pivot and theaten attack/def but I need to know which one would be best to invest in.
-spd is the best bane for Effie.

You should check how much -HP you are losing and see if you think the extra attack is worth it. Effie already has one. Of the highest attacks on the game.

ChrisD

I gave in and did one more Pull today after wasting 27 last night on nothing. I got an Inigo on the one pull, the lone Green in the set~

He's +HP/-Speed. That's pretty good, I think? No negatives on his defenses in any regards, which was my biggest fear. Don't want a squishy Dancer!

ChrisD

-spd is probably the worst bane for dancers lol
...well that sucks lol. Though I always operate under the pretense of my Dancer getting doubled (and therefore dying in the two shots) anyways, since it seems everyone's got Brave weapons of some sort.

I'm really glad to have another Dancer regardless.

Top Bottom