• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

ggx2ac

I copied someone else that I saw using a Spd+3 seal in Arena since it made sense that I could remove Darting Blow and put back in Fury to make up the difference.

Note: This is my Nino though.

DMATBScV4AEm-li.jpg

Roman

The new units are technically good but I don't feel like pulling for any of them; I don't need a bulky enemy phase sword cavalry unit, another enemy phase green mage or a (possibly slower than Linde) infantry blue mage so contrary to my own expectations I might skip the first real FE4 banner.

Sigurd is mostly a defense team unit that will be very annoying to kill in one round, triggering Wings of Mercy often. Players with Nowi or FCorrin in their cores won't be bothered at all however.

I don't expect Deirdre to be a big factor on defense teams after she stops being a bonus unit, similarly to Julia. Depending on stats, TA YTki could still beat her, especially with DD3.

Speed Ploy is very interesting though and it will take me a while to think about the most useful applications - my first gut reaction was Firesweep Est but I myself am not sure how serious I am about that concept.

I've been busy these last few days so I missed nearly every multiplier. Now I have roughly 4000 flags to burn. So 10 hours, but only 5 hours of multipliers for Ninian going by the current predictions. Oops.

Oh well, I'll just take the Sacred Coins.

Alkez

So seeing as Halloween wasn't announced again and I'm not too interested in the next banner I decided to do pulls on dancers banner.

I got Azura, down speed, up attack. Is she still viable? I'm thinking if I pair her up with Brave Lucina it will compensate for the lack of speed.

ggx2ac

Speed Ploy is very interesting though and it will take me a while to think about the most useful applications - my first gut reaction was Firesweep Est but I myself am not sure how serious I am about that concept.

You already had the right idea, units with decent attack, speed, and Res. Although I was thinking of Brave weapons rather than Firesweep weapons because I've never got a unit with one.

I thought that maybe it would make Camilla useful again with her brave axe and a few flier buffs to increase speed.

Mupod

Actually glad MCorrin lost because I want to level the 5* one I somehow got on the VG banner. If for no other reason that I'm already leveling Inigo during double SP anyways.

I have a level 1 FCorrin so I'll continue on my feathery journey, currently rank 300 cumulative. I only have a level 40 Ninian and I certainly don't feel like camping out for rare bonuses all day.

But yeah, I might try greens a little bit on the new banner, but I have around 140 orbs right now and I can continue to hold out for Hone Fliers, Armor March, or any good armor unit really. If Arvis really does end up being an armor mage I know what I'm finally using my spare Distant Counters for.

You already had the right idea, units with decent attack, speed, and Res. Although I was thinking of Brave weapons rather than Firesweep weapons because I've never got a unit with one.

I thought that maybe it would make Camilla useful again with her brave axe and a few flier buffs to increase speed.

both Roman and I use Camilla with distant counter/emerald axe and I assure you she is very, very useful like that.

PK Gaming

Deidre and Sigurd are alright. I'm not going to kill myself pulling for either of them, but it's nice that they finally added them, and they look pretty capable. Tailtiu doesn't really stand out, but she's a hell of a lot more valuable (and appealing) than boring, obnoxious cavalry units so bring her on. Seliph buffs when?

Dragons do not deserve this, when is it actually their time to shine?

Also I imagine people will just slap distant counter on sigurd and have a better xander. Horse emblem marches on and to be fair broken good cavs is a tradition in the series.

I suppose we should expect an incoming genealogy TT featuring the banner units and seliph as our 40% bonus units. Julia will cry in 20% land along with an askr unit, the reward and someone I am forgetting.

Dragons are better than ever due to being premier Lyn counters, and it's looking like they'll get good benefit out of seals. It's doubtful Deidre will be a top metagame threat so this isn't that big of a deal (plus counterplay to green mages isn't too hard to fit inl)

Samstrike

So seem like to me that we only have 3 new units again because they will be bonus units for the next tempest trial. If that's the case do you think Seliph would be the fourth 40% bonus unit? I got him 2 times and never used him so it would be nice to finally have a use for him.

NSESN

The new units are technically good but I don't feel like pulling for any of them; I don't need a bulky enemy phase sword cavalry unit, another enemy phase green mage or a (possibly slower than Linde) infantry blue mage so contrary to my own expectations I might skip the first real FE4 banner.

Sigurd is mostly a defense team unit that will be very annoying to kill in one round, triggering Wings of Mercy often. Players with Nowi or FCorrin in their cores won't be bothered at all however.

I don't expect Deirdre to be a big factor on defense teams after she stops being a bonus unit, similarly to Julia. Depending on stats, TA YTki could still beat her, especially with DD3.

Speed ploy is one of the less interesting things in here lol. Sigurd seems like an incredible tank that, depending on his stats can face even Reinhardt. Deirdre shuts down blade weapons and murders dragons, making her a good companion to BLyn and Rein imo.
I won't spend my orbs because I still need more dancers and I am trying to wait if there is a Halloween banner, but if thre wasn't a special banner right now I would definitely go for it.

Sciel

Going to be pulling for red.

Sigurd looks to be a beast and I need a red tank anyways for my cavalry team. Also desperately need red fodder. Deidre won't really be a priority unless she has an insane stat spread, looks like she might be fairly slow since she comes with QR3 (she's probably going to be mainly an enemy phase unit?).

Will avoid blue since I already have Linde/Delthea as my infantry blue mages and Tailtiu is probably going to get demoted to 4* anyways.

Sciel

Hmm, will wait for Sigurd's stats before deciding to pull for him or not: have you seen his 34HP in the video?!
Now that you mention it, i totally missed that LOL. He's probably going to be a Red Titania then (similar stat spread)?

NSESN

Hmm, will wait for Sigurd's stats before deciding to pull for him or not: have you seen his 34HP in the video?!
He still is a cavalry unit.

Now that you mention it, i totally missed that LOL. He's probably going to be a Red Titania then (similar stat spread)?
I expect High atk, high def, ok res and low speed. He doesn't need high res with his skills.
34/37/24/32/27.

NSESN

But people are hyping themselves on the idea that he's a tanky red cavalry and an enemy phase unit... 34HP won't fit this dream.

HP will hardly matter if he has high defenses. Plenty of mages have low HP but can still work as res tanks. His skills would be pretty op if he had Xander's HP.

I am thinking Red tomebreaker+ Distant counter+ DD seal will be pretty good on him.

Sushen

The new banner is an obvious power creep, and special purpose units. I'll pull for them, although not gonna blow all my orbs for them.

Alkez

No one's really talking about her but I wonder if Tailtiu will surpass Linde as the premier Blue BladeTome user.

PK Gaming

No one's really talking about her but I wonder if Tailtiu will surpass Linde as the premier Blue BladeTome user.

Pretty doubtful, considering Linde's lopsided stat arrangement. Considering how she'll definitely be a 4 star drop down, I don't think she'll really stand out as a unit (outside of being sweet, sweet inheritance fodder)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
HP will hardly matter if he has high defenses. Plenty of mages have low HP but can still work as res tanks. His skills would be pretty op if he had Xander's HP.

I am thinking Red tomebreaker+ Distant counter+ DD seal will be pretty good on him.
Why replace red tomebreaker with his universally sweet B skill? 80% less damage from consecutive ranged attacks is pretty sweet. Couple that with his sword's effect and he just has a built in "All color Tomebreaker". This unit needs distant counter though.

Sölf

SIGURD!!! AYRA!!! AAAAAH!!!

I have over 360 orbs. I am ready. I want my Sigurd. Maybe RIP Xander, I don't care, I need best lord in my life.

NSESN

Why replace red tomebreaker with his universally sweet B skill? 80% less damage from consecutive ranged attacks is pretty sweet. Couple that with his sword's effect and he just has a built in "All color Tomebreaker". This unit needs distant counter though.

Well if he has low speed he will suffer to kill anything that isn't green. Not being able to use steady breath to charge skills is also a bummer.

Hard to be better than 35/36 unless you make her even more glassy. And I doubt IS wants to make a minmax character yet.

I am patiently waiting for Thracia's Sara to be one of the most min-max characters. She was such a lopsided glass cannon in her original game.

Almost non-existent HP and Def, everything into Magic and Speed. Maybe throw in Galeforce to emulate her multiple movement stars.

Wait a second, they're totally gonna make her a staff user ;__;

Alkez

Pretty doubtful, considering Linde's lopsided stat arrangement. Considering how she'll definitely be a 4 star drop down, I don't think she'll really stand out as a unit (outside of being sweet, sweet inheritance fodder)

Yeah I was thinking the same. I hope you're right as easier access to drive speed would be nice.

redcrayon

New characters seem good but, not having played the game they are from, I don't feel any need to spend orbs trying to get them specifically- I quite like the units I've got in those roles already. For the first time in months I've got 100+ orbs saved up and it'll take more than that to get me to spend them :D

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Well if he has low speed he will suffer to kill anything that isn't green. Not being able to use steady breath to charge skills is also a bummer.
Yeah, that's a good point. How many red mages do you even see in arena though? Might be best with QR3 at that point.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Surprised that Corrin isn't doing so well this time around. Maybe it's because normal FCorrin art isn't so great, and Ninian's is fantastic?

linkent

Sniping for Azura, got me Amelia and dupe Hector.
Dunno how i feel about this.
Sacrifice Hector to Amelia?
Got a +2 Effie and Black Knight and Hector.

Do i need +10 of multiple units to reach that no reinhardt zone?

Aesnath

So...I was trying for Axura and ended up with a second Inigo.

My earlier one was -atk/+hp, which I was informed was the "best bane." However, I just drew a +spd/-hp, which I generally like better, but I'm wondering how much effectiveness I'm sacrificing by losing the hp. Like, will +spd/-hp lose to a significant number of Lyn/Reins that the first does not?

xequalsy

So...I was trying for Axura and ended up with a second Inigo.

My earlier one was -atk/+hp, which I was informed was the "best bane." However, I just drew a +spd/-hp, which I generally like better, but I'm wondering how much effectiveness I'm sacrificing by losing the hp. Like, will +spd/-hp lose to a significant number of Lyn/Reins that the first does not?

-hp Inigo sacrifices 4hp compared to neutral. So you'll lose a ton more matchups because you'll have 7 less hp compared to your +hp Inigo yeah.

EDIT: Oh Lyn and Reinhardt specifically. Not sure, would have to do the calcs to compare.

Top Bottom