• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Man, Tana is actually pretty damn good, even without using her mobility skill much. That +7 defense when attacked is super strong. I parked her in front of Hector and she survived the hit easily.

The -atk on mine is completely unnoticeable when paired with flyer buffs.

Roman

Yeah, still haven't spend my flags since our team stomp roy with little to no effort.

Eirika, Azura, Olivia, Reinhardt, Tharja and Shareena

Eirika: Moonbow is really great on her so I'm hesitant to recommend anything else - I guess you could go with Luna. As for the A slot, her other options are Triangle Adept or Distant Counter.

Azura/Olivia: The Fury/Moonbow combination is very good here as well. I guess you could run Triangle Adept if you run them with different weapons (Killer Lance, Wo Dao).

Reinhardt runs Death Blow 3. If you don't want to use Quickened Pulse Moonbow, Luna is the next best option.

Tharja likes Life and Death for the speed boost. The blade mages heavily favor Moonbow because the tome already raises cooldown. A cooldown of 4 is too high for most arena matches to really make a difference.

With Sharena you could also go with Triangle Adept and Luna to make her a dedicated Ryoma/Ike counter. If you add Swordbreaker she will always double them and have Luna ready on player phase after killing them.

These recommendations are in the context of arena. For other modes you could simply go with budget options like Atk/Spd+3.

Mupod

Tharja likes Life and Death for the speed boost. The blade mages heavily favor Moonbow because the tome already raises cooldown. A cooldown of 4 is too high for most arena matches to really make a difference.

this is true and what I do for all my blade mages except for one. I like QP Draconic Aura on my +atk Cecilia, because she very often has to tank a Dire Thunder hit at the start of a match. After she retaliates and one shots the offending Reinhardt/Olwen she now has a special charged that can obliterate pretty much anything in the game. Well, other than the new units that nullify her buffs. Probably would still blow up Axe Ike.

It's also great in Tempest Trial and Chain Challenge as she generates special charge each map and that stupid amount of damage is really useful.

Mupod

What do you use as an A for Cecilia?

attack+3 because she already kills everything so hard it's a waste of resources for me to bother making her better

If I wanted to build her seriously, I guess I'd want a +spd one with fury 3, but I actually don't use my horses in arena much anymore except for when I want an easy stomp. Fury 3 would be terrible for what I use her for most of the time (chain challenge, TT). Death Blow 3 also an option but 3 attack is a drop in the bucket for a blade tome, it's expensive, and I use her to take blue magic hits often enough.

This is assuming gronnblade, if you're using gronnraven I'm sure you can figure it out from there.

Cerium

Man I would give up quite a bit to fix this fucking terrible +Def/-Atk nature Reinhardt.

I could do a beastly Horse Emblem if only he was neutral or something.

Narcian on Infernal was harder that I thought

Eirika: Moonbow is really great on her so I'm hesitant to recommend anything else - I guess you could go with Luna. As for the A slot, her other options are Triangle Adept or Distant Counter.

Azura/Olivia: The Fury/Moonbow combination is very good here as well. I guess you could run Triangle Adept if you run them with different weapons (Killer Lance, Wo Dao).

Reinhardt runs Death Blow 3. If you don't want to use Quickened Pulse Moonbow, Luna is the next best option.

With Sharena you could also go with Triangle Adept and Luna to make her a dedicated Ryoma/Ike counter. If you add Swordbreaker she will always double them and have Luna ready on player phase after killing them.

These recommendations are in the context of arena. For other modes you could simply go with budget options like Atk/Spd+3.

woops, already spent a Fury on Nino, well, next time I'll think of Life and Death. I'm just wondering if entering in the desperation range wouldn't be a little be hard with no bulk.

Anyway thank you for you advices, guess, I will need a lot of Palla

Roman

this is true and what I do for all my blade mages except for one. I like QP Draconic Aura on my +atk Cecilia, because she very often has to tank a Dire Thunder hit at the start of a match. After she retaliates and one shots the offending Reinhardt/Olwen she now has a special charged that can obliterate pretty much anything in the game. Well, other than the new units that nullify her buffs. Probably would still blow up Axe Ike.

It's also great in Tempest Trial and Chain Challenge as she generates special charge each map and that stupid amount of damage is really useful.

This is also a good argument for keeping Dragon Fang on Julia or giving her Glacies.

woops, already spent a Fury on Nino, well, next time I'll think of Life and Death. I'm just wondering if entering in the desperation range wouldn't be a little be hard with no bulk.

Don't worry, Nino is very good with Fury - it helps getting into Desperation range as well if you are using that. The most annoying Nino on defense carries Fury+G Tomebreaker.

If you have any other questions we have a lot of helpful players in the Discord server linked in the OP.

Narcian on Infernal was harder that I thought

Fury is great on Nino. A +Spd Nino with fury has the same speed as a life and death Tharja . Life and death is overkill on Nino and hurts her even more in a matchup against Reinhardt. Of course Fury helps her get in desparation range more easily as well, and lets you keep draw back which is too good. Anyone that has spent time with Nino knows how good it is to attack an enemy unit, Wings of Mercy Dancer refreshes, Nino goes behind the dancer and draws them back getting both out of harms way.

Sushen

Just played against a full horse team with Lyn in it. I'm always amazed by how quickly decks up there units in just a few hours. All units were fully equipped including a seal for each of them. She wasn't too bad to deal with but I had to use items to beat the moonbow Reinhardt and Cecilia.

kewlmyc

MOONBOW FOR EVERYONE.

jk, it's a pretty good special.

Bulzeeb

Hi, I just entered this game and wanted to get some tips on when to roll or when to wait. I got Brave Mercenary Ike and a Mage called Boey among some 4 star heroes, I also redeemed Lyn from the promo, and managed to get some orbs, so I was wondering if I should roll some more or wait for future events/heroes.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Fury is a good choice for blade tome users because it sometimes gives them enough bulk to take one hit from certain units, which is sometimes important. L&D generally takes units into full glass cannon, player-phase-only territory which can be desirable, but isn't the go-to for every powerful ranged unit.

Not to mention that L&D3 is way harder to come across than Fury 3, and Fury is already valuable enough as it is.

For specials, I usually go something like this:
- Moonbow if I just want a general purpose special. Can't really go wrong with it.
- Luna for brave users or offensive, player phase units that I expect to hit a lot.
- Bonfire for high-def units (like 30+)
- Glacies for high-res units (also 30+)

I don't remember what the break points are for Bonfire/Glacies though, and when they start outdamaging things like Luna or Moonbow.

Hi, I just entered this game and wanted to get some tips on when to roll or when to wait. I got Brave Mercenary Ike and a Mage called Boey among some 4 star heroes, I also redeemed Lyn from the promo, and managed to get some orbs, so I was wondering if I should roll some more or wait for future events/heroes.
I'd probably keep rolling right now. Since you just started, if you don't like your rolls, you can always restart the game from scratch and re-roll to hopefully get the units you like. The game is pretty generous with giving free orbs, so spending all the orbs that you have right now won't leave you completely orbless for long.

All the units from the current Brave ____ unit banner are excellent, so I think it's a good time to spend your obs on it.

Yeah don't worry guys, I saw how Nino wrecks everything with Fury and Desperation haha

So far this is one of the best banner since launch, so try to get these 4 heroes

Roman

Welcome! Boey is not great but otherwise you're off to a great start, much better than mine. The Brave banner is definitely worth pulling on, you would get great mileage out of Lucina for practically all modes long term, and Roy is also an impressive offensive pick.

The other banners are not to be understated either - Hector is an extremely desirable pull since he is the only source of the A skill Distant Counter, which allows your melee units to counter ranged attacks. (Red) Ike has this effect innately in his sword Ragnell so he is another very good pull. Sword Lucina is a very good duelist and can function as a healer in endurance modes, while Tharja is a more than solid red mage with a desirable tome.

Nino is a more fragile but stronger and faster mage than Tharja in green so she is also worth getting - however you might get Nino as a 3* or 4* drop eventually either way.

Bottom line the current banners are very well worth it and I'd recommend to just play through the story first and train teams. This game has a multitude of challenging, time limited content.

The Discord server linked in the OP can provide you any further help you may require.

Lunar15

My friend opened his app during class and he had his vol at max. So everyone heard Sharena's "FIRE EMBLEM HEROES!!" lol

I don't even play this game much but this has happened to me way more times than I would want. Sometimes I just open the game by accident and it just screams Fire Emblem at me.

Roman

I heard tales of Nephenee coming soon, dammit if I had known sooner i wouldn't have used so many orbs

DIiC8RBUMAI9w15.png:large

I really need better skill fodder. It's a shame that the Blue Heroes I pulled were so bad. Subaki was the only decent Blue fodder that I got, which is pathetic. I did OK with Colorless because of the Klein and Matthew pulls.

I still don't have Cordelia or Effie. The game just wants to give me Est, Clair, and Corrin(F).

I can still make a few killer units, but resources will almost be gone in a few weeks.

explodet

There's a decent possibility she'll be a Tempest Trials unit, so you won't have to worry on the orbs front.
I dunno, to me that sounds like IS decided they didn't like money.

It's hardly a scientific study, but Nephenee(PoR) was #38 in the CYL poll, and Nephenee(RD) was #50.
Tobin was #641 and Clive was #677.

Though on the other hand, that was before Echoes:Valencia Oranges was released, and Masked Marth was #52. So what do I know.

Is that a Killer Lance ? :(

Could be a Slaying Lance, I believe Killer/Slaying share the same sprites.

kswiston

Why would these bastards do a Path of Radiance banner right after the Choose Your Legends banner? :/

At least the PoR chars won't be missable.

Draxal

I dunno, to me that sounds like IS decided they didn't like money.

It's hardly a scientific study, but Nephenee(PoR) was #38 in the CYL poll, and Nephenee(RD) was #50.
Tobin was #641 and Clive was #677.

Though on the other hand, that was before Echoes:Valencia Oranges was released, and Masked Marth was #52. So what do I know.

I mean, if she was a part of the banner the other units would be datamined, I mean yeah they could have done this on purpose to screw up dataminers as well.

explodet

I mean, if she was a part of the banner the other units would be datamined, I mean yeah they could have done this on purpose to screw up dataminers as well.
They don't have to reveal everything in these side games. Remember that Golden Event thing? Celica and Mae were revealed there, and they both ended up on a banner with Boey and Genny.

EDIT: For the record, I'd be thrilled if Neph was a TT unit, it means I don't have to wade through endless copies of Est to pull her.

Firemind

attack+3 because she already kills everything so hard it's a waste of resources for me to bother making her better

If I wanted to build her seriously, I guess I'd want a +spd one with fury 3, but I actually don't use my horses in arena much anymore except for when I want an easy stomp. Fury 3 would be terrible for what I use her for most of the time (chain challenge, TT). Death Blow 3 also an option but 3 attack is a drop in the bucket for a blade tome, it's expensive, and I use her to take blue magic hits often enough.

This is assuming gronnblade, if you're using gronnraven I'm sure you can figure it out from there.
I'm thinking of giving Cecilia Close Counter and Vantage because she doesn't need any skills to OHKO lol

But that would mean colourless hell

Bulzeeb

Welcome! Boey is not great but otherwise you're off to a great start, much better than mine. The Brave banner is definitely worth pulling on, you would get great mileage out of Lucina for practically all modes long term, and Roy is also an impressive offensive pick.

The other banners are not to be understated either - Hector is an extremely desirable pull since he is the only source of the A skill Distant Counter, which allows your melee units to counter ranged attacks. (Red) Ike has this effect innately in his sword Ragnell so he is another very good pull. Sword Lucina is a very good duelist and can function as a healer in endurance modes, while Tharja is a more than solid red mage with a desirable tome.

Nino is a more fragile but stronger and faster mage than Tharja in green so she is also worth getting - however you might get Nino as a 3* or 4* drop eventually either way.

Bottom line the current banners are very well worth it and I'd recommend to just play through the story first and train teams. This game has a multitude of challenging, time limited content.

The Discord server linked in the OP can provide you any further help you may require.

thanks for the tip, I'll do another roll to see if I get another brave hero then

Did a full summon on the new banner and got nothing really. :( Now it's time for free Lyn!
FIRE EMBLEM!!

thank God it's ove-

HEROES!!!!
Lmao true, there's a pause between them
I don't even play this game much but this has happened to me way more times than I would want. Sometimes I just open the game by accident and it just screams Fire Emblem at me.
Doesn't help when it's Sharena of all people lol
Hopefully he dropped the volume before the song start singing.
Got all my gacha games on no volume mode in the options menu. Mostly because I like to listen to music while playing.
Yeah he tried to drop it as soon as possible. "Sorry teacher" Even I felt the embarrassment

kswiston

I'm thinking of giving Cecilia Close Counter and Vantage because she doesn't need any skills to OHKO lol

But that would mean colourless hell

I pulled a third Takumi trying to get Brave Heroes. I stopped using my first one before skill inheritence, so I guess I will figure out which one has the best boon/bust combo, and then save the other two for close counter skills.

Sushen

Lmao it really is the most ridiculously loud intro. I've opened it with it blasting a couple times but nowhere embarrassing yet.
I hear my coworker's Clash Royale intro all the time. Fire emblem heroes got its own ear catching intro but not the worst (or loudest) in my mind.

Draxal

Going to be real I think releasing BK in a normal GHB this early is a mistake.

Should have went with somebody like Petrine for this.

Going to be real I think releasing BK in a normal GHB this early is a mistake.

Should have went with somebody like Petrine for this.

I think it's a worthy gamble.

Clearly, they are trying to ride the hype train with Choose Your Legends, especially with the TVCM and the Black Knight tease at the very end.

There's still plenty of time to "take it slow" later. We're still missing a ton of hype/powerful characters like Ashnard, Micaiah, Elincia, etc.

Top Bottom