• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

chrono01

Finally pulled another +ATK character (CYL Lucina). -DEF, which is okay too. Took me around 70 orbs, but it's fine. Going to try to save up and aim for Ike/Roy next (choosing Lyn for free).

DIntlJcW0AA93EV.jpg

ffs, can I just summon a 5 stars (and a NEW one) without having to always raise my pity bonus beyond 4% ?

Ironically, each time I spent real money on this game, I get rewarded by these results, guess, it's time to get back on the F2P team because I regret every euro spent on this game

Won my first ever Infernal GHB against Narcian. Man, that was rough.

I just used a budget horse team of Ursula, Xander, Cecilia, and Olivia. I triumphed even with the massive amount of Panic Ploy on the stage. I just needed impeccable positioning.

Sciel

How is everyone building their Neutral Lyns?

I was thinking of Brave Bow+ + LnD3 (Have just enough feathers for these!). Would let me have my first horse emblem team (Rein+ Brave Roy + Brave Lyn +1)

That said, there are some units i feel like promoting (Quad Atk Hana!).

NSESN

I was thinking of Brave Bow+ + LnD3 (Have just enough feathers for these!). Would let me have my first horse emblem team (Rein+ Brave Roy + Brave Lyn +1)

LnD3 seems like a waste when she comes with Swift Sparrow and decent Res.
And you have no tank so I recommend Reposition because your team can't afford to stay in enemy range. Luckily Xander is comming back.

champloo

I'm just gonna keep her default set and see how she fares against blade mages.

Many will equip her with Brave Bow+, but giving her LnD3 to replace Swift Sparrow might be a waste.

Sciel

LnD3 seems like a waste when she comes with Swift Sparrow and decent Res.
And you have no tank so I recommend Reposition because your team can't afford to stay in enemy range. Luckily Xander is comming back.
I'm just gonna keep her default set and see how she fares against blade mages.

Many will equip her with Brave Bow+, but giving her LnD3 to replace Swift Sparrow might be a waste.

Yeah i fed her reposition. You have a point about LnD3, was just blindly looking at the builds on gamepress.

Any idea on when Xander is coming back? He's the one i had my eye on to complete the team haha.

Spoit

If anyone is on team chrom, or probably going to pick tharja next round, I could really use some friends, so I can mindlessly autobattle with my lvl 1 placeholder, instead of getting these terrible matchups where I get chrom and 2 alfonses against 3 blues or whatnot

My ID is 5488582229

EDIT: actually, I could use friends in general, really. a couple days ago I didn't even get the 5 pity feathers from having 5+ friends who actually logged on

So I trained up my Lyn. As far as her original bow it lets her survive against practically any mage and probably kill them. Problem is that she can only really do this once then she can't fight a mage again. Her B skill is too damn good to replace with Desperation so she's kind of in a weird spot.

NSESN

So I trained up my Lyn. As far as her original bow it lets her survive against practically any mage and probably kill them. Problem is that she can only really do this once then she can't fight a mage again. Her B skill is too damn good to replace with Desperation so she's kind of in a weird spot.
How well she does against Nino?

Isn't Urvan the best axe in RD?

The black Knights armour is supposed to be immune to any weapon that isn't blessed by Ashera. Functionally that means Ragnell or Alondite.

Obviously that won't be the case in heroes... But that means the black Knight found an identical armour set but without the goddess blessing and decided to use that instead.

ffs, can I just summon a 5 stars (and a NEW one) without having to always raise my pity bonus beyond 4% ?

Ironically, each time I spent real money on this game, I get rewarded by these results, guess, it's time to get back on the F2P team because I regret every euro spent on this game

I usually land between 4.25% and 4.75% on normal banners. I'll be doing lots of Hero training and promotions until I get a sufficient number of Orbs.

How well she does against Nino?

She fights Nino as if Nino has no buffs so it's about 20-25 damage from Nino tops. Although since Lyn has Swift Sparrow she's 38 speed on defense; nino would only have to be +Spd with a single merge to have 43 speed to double and KO.

It's a matter of merges and Lyns buffs as to what happens really. She's probably not the best answer but its an extra one if you need it. The high res green mages with G Tomebreaker are still probably better. Lyn does much better against blade tome cavalry since they're naturally much slower than Nino.

NSESN

She fights Nino as if Nino has no buffs so it's about 20-25 damage from Nino tops. Although since Lyn has Swift Sparrow she's 38 speed on defense; nino would only have to be +Spd with a single merge to have 43 speed to double and KO.

It's a matter of merges and Lyns buffs as to what happens really. She's probably not the best answer but its an extra one if you need it. The high res green mages with G Tomebreaker are still probably better. Lyn does much better against blade tome cavalry since they're naturally much slower than Nino.
Nino speed stat is stupid.

champloo

Hmm.. since I want my Lyn to be a Blade tome check, maybe I should equip her with QR, and go with Spd+3 on A slot for a cheap build. I can switch back to the default set for PvE.

spiritfox

I just had a gauntlet battle where my allies are an Amelia without Armor March and a Zephiel with Eckesachs and Threaten Def. Huh.

PK Gaming

The black Knights armour is supposed to be immune to any weapon that isn't blessed by Ashera. Functionally that means Ragnell or Alondite.

Obviously that won't be the case in heroes... But that means the black Knight found an identical armour set but without the goddess blessing and decided to use that instead.

No need to find new armor, Ashera's blessings runs out (which is why beating the BK up with the hammer is a goto option)

Nino speed stat is stupid.

She really is. I recently promoted a +spd to merge into my previous Nino and 43 (44 w/seal) before any buffs is wild. She destroys Red swords on defense tiles. She is the best mage not on a horse.

I just wish I could get a similar nature on my main account.

Ninferno

The good thing about Nino isn't just the speed; we have Linde who is like a blue Nino with 2 more Atk. The best thing about Nino is her availability; being a 3/4* means if you play the game long enough, you will likely end up with a Nino with good nature one way or another. And she makes a prime candidate for green in competitive F2P Arena because most people probably have a bunch of her.

NSESN

The good thing about Nino isn't just the speed; we have Linde who is like a blue Nino with 2 more Atk. The best thing about Nino is her availability; being a 3/4* means if you play the game long enough, you will likely end up with a Nino with good nature one way or another. And she makes a prime candidate for green in competitive F2P Arena because most people probably have a bunch of her.
I think the rarity of good red characters with high Res also helps.

Ninferno

I think the rarity of good red characters with high Res also helps.

Absolutely. I can't believe it is September now and I'm still having problems with green mages (though it's more about AA now). Black Knight really should have arrived like yesterday.

Let's brainstorm some consistent, reliable Lyn counters. I'll start:

I honestly fear a +Atk Bowlyn w/ Brave Bow, Cancel Affinity, and Moon-Pulse; Honed up and double-Goaded. Not sure who's got the HP+Def to stand up to that.

BUT, I do take solace in the fact that not many people would drop her bow or B-skill. TA -ravens will enjoy that.

NSESN

That's a plausibly good one, yeah. The fact that he can't kill her on enemy phase is a bummer.

And sacrifice my one and only dearest Celica? NEXT.
Or use triangle adapt 2. If she uses cancel affinity she loses her B anyway.
I think she will be the best bow, but she suffers a lot from having to choose between B skills.

ccbfan

Whats the best free unit?

I'm leaning toward Archer Lyn or Spear Lucina since I have a lot of red sword 5 stars (Have regular Ike, Roy and Lucina) but if the red sword have some super OP skill, I might get that instead.

Mupod

I honestly fear a +Atk Bowlyn w/ Brave Bow, Cancel Affinity, and Moon-Pulse; Honed up and double-Goaded. Not sure who's got the HP+Def to stand up to that.

BUT, I do take solace in the fact that not many people would drop her bow or B-skill. TA -ravens will enjoy that.

I was thinking Firesweep will be the worst, like Bridelia. But if she's on a mixed team that won't be too hard to draw out and kill. If she's with a cavalry squad, well, that's why I'm thinking 20k for Panic Ploy on Hector would be a good deal right about now.

I might be able to get away with continuing to run my Ryoma/Hector/Nowi core. I thought about subbing in MRobin for Nowi, it's a hit on my points but him + Hector would handle most configurations of Lyn and Rein. My +SPD Fury 3 Nowi is a cockroach though and with some buffs would actually survive many Lyn setups.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Whats the best free unit?

I'm leaning toward Archer Lyn or Spear Lucina since I have a lot of red sword 5 stars (Have regular Ike, Roy and Lucina) but if the red sword have some super OP skill, I might get that instead.
Lyn seems like the most popular choice because she's arguably the best bow user in the game, can benefit from horse buffs, has multiple unique and anti-meta skills, and is a colorless unit (which means choosing her as your freebie saves you from pulling colorless orbs to try to get her).

But on the other hand, all four of these units are so good that if you particularly like any of those characters, you could just go for that character instead. The CYL banner is so good that you can't really go wrong.

Nothing more to add, you said everything I wanted to

I don't have Brave Ike but the fact that he reduces the second hit and nullifies buffs can help right ?

He has to hope she doesn't get repositioned. Even if she doesn't he has to stick his neck out to go after her on player phase. Raven tomes are likely the best answer as I don't seee people too willing to give up her B skill for Cancel affinity. And if she does then she opens herself up to be countered by a lot more units.

Dragons are another good option. Their main problem is that they hit against her high Res though. But they would still kill her if they have QR and about 50 Atk. Provided they survive both attacks. Because of Dragons running Lighting Breath+ I foresee B!Lyn running Moonbow so that her follow up is a proc'd Moonbow that potentially kills said dragons. But I think Nowi and Tiki would still survive, but barely.

If it is a brave bow Lyn.......kill her with Reinhardt before she kills you?

Mupod

I have my arena run for this week, and next week I can't avoid dropping to tier 19 so it doesn't matter what I do. Maybe I'll run my usual core + Bowbreaker Lyn the week after.

Ike is certainly something I could have fun with (I have a spare Galeforce...) but I still feel like I'd rather have another distant counter or hector merges. So I'd like to keep trying for him with the monthly orbs + daily login stuff over the next few days.

Ninferno

The 1st round of VG is drawing to a close and besides Lyn vs Lucina which is actually close, all the 3 other matches could potentially see a late hour multiplier upset, including the absolute landslide that is Ike vs Roy. The last hour we saw a whopping 126M (Ike) vs 16M (Roy), if this trend continues Team Roy could potentially see 2 more multipliers, the 2nd of which could be very close the end. Granted, even if that does happen, with the sheer force of team Ike they might still be able to turn the tide; and Team Roy might be low on flags because they have been getting multipliers nonstop. Still, there is a real chance the most hilarious moment in FEH history could actually happen. lol. Same story for Hector v. Chrom and Camilla v. Tharja, except the chance is even more real. Team Lucina is actually the only one that is being punished by performing respectably.

spiritfox

I think countering Lyn really depends on what B she's using. If it's Sacae's Blessing then a TA Raven user with good def like Robin or Sophia can tank and counter her. If she's running CA though, a tanky DC user like Hector or Xander should be able to.

Vena

Some good suggestions all around. Might be time to bust out some Bowbreakers too.

But with Lyn almost assuredly sticking with her default B at most levels of play, I think I can get away with TA + Raven.

EDIT: Brave Ike is an animal

This is a useless build, he has no way to kill anything with no trigger and no speed.

And why would you run Panic Ploy on his low health?

Just use Beruka.

NSESN

He survives Sanaki with it too.

This is a useless build, he has no way to kill anything with no trigger and no speed.

And why would you run Panic Ploy on his low health?

Just use Beruka.
Fliers can't run Steady breath it seems.
Edit:melee infantry/armor only.

Top Bottom