• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Bulzeeb

Well, after one day I must admit this is more fun than I expected, it has been perfect for 5 minutes breaks while waiting or stuff like that, anyways, I have the following questions:

* Duplicates: I have some dupes and some have better stats than the the other at first sight, however, due to the randomness of leveling up, I dont know if I should pick one, level them all and merge the one with lower stats to the other or send them home.

* Multiple stats: When I saw the different stats on the duplicates, I was left wondering how does this different stats work when you get a character.

* Promotions: I read that if I merge two characters, then all the bonus for merging are lost, so, going back to my first question, does merging them work for the late game?

* Character tiers: is there a reliable and updated site with tiers, which characters are worth keeping for upgrades and the like.

* Skills: Can I assign all the skills in the skill tree to a character or are the slots limited and I need to plan my build, if the later, where can I check some builds.

* Am I over thinking this game?

thanks for any advise

Hector/Ryoma/Nowi seem to avoid most cavalry bullshit teams, provided I back out of obvious bait.

What is bait you ask?

Alfonse/Anna/Sharena: Clearly bait for triple horse/flier and only there because they still need their 1 win for the season
Shitty bonus unit that nobody uses normally, GHB unit, or anyone on a current banner: See above
Dancer: They lack confidence in their horse team so they throw a dancer in as well. But if you put Reinhardt out front you give it away.
Reinhardt: They put him out front so you second guess yourself thinking maybe they don't know that you're not supposed to do that.
Healer: I guarantee there's a +8 Rein+Olwen in there too, especially if it's Elise

I don't actually back out of all these, but I'm also only half joking

Lol these mind games are real

Roman

Well, after one day I must admit this is more fun than I expected, it has been perfect for 5 minutes breaks while waiting or stuff like that, anyways, I have the following questions:

* Duplicates: I have some dupes and some have better stats than the the other at first sight, however, due to the randomness of leveling up, I dont know if I should pick one, level them all and merge the one with lower stats to the other or send them home.

* Multiple stats: When I saw the different stats on the duplicates, I was left wondering how does this different stats work when you get a character.

Their final stats are predetermined but differ between each other due to a system the playerbase refers to as "IVs" or "Natures" like in Pokemon.

If we take Brave Lyn as an example, her statline is the following:

HP 32/35/39
ATK 30/33/36
SPD 32/35/38
DEF 14/18/21
RES 24/28/31

She can either be neutral nature (like the one you pull for free) or vary in two stats - a boon (the higher stat version) and a bane (the lower stat version).

One of the best Lyns to get is +Atk/-Def (36 Atk and 14 Def) because her defense is already low and with a Brave Bow this means you always deal 6 more damage, which is very significant. A -Atk bane however severely cripples this build.

* Promotions: I read that if I merge two characters, then all the bonus for merging are lost, so, going back to my first question, does merging them work for the late game?

I don't understand what "bonus for merging are lost" means. The only things you can possibly lose upon merging are the SP of the unit you are merging into another unit, and the fact that if you merge 4*s and then promote that 4*+x unit to 5*, the merges are gone.

There is little danger in merging 5*s except that you have to be sure you are merging into a good nature.

* Character tiers: is there a reliable and updated site with tiers, which characters are worth keeping for upgrades and the like.

The Gamepedia Wiki has a tier list that I myself am maintaining among others. We have both a budget tier list and one that assumes full access to inheritance. Feel free to ask me anything about any of the unit positions.

* Skills: Can I assign all the skills in the skill tree to a character or are the slots limited and I need to plan my build, if the later, where can I check some builds.

I'm not sure I fully understand the question but you can only fill one skill at a time into the slots Weapon, Assist, A, B, C, Special. It doesn't hurt to teach units multiple skills of the same type so you can adjust them for different challenges like Grand Hero Battles.

* Am I over thinking this game?

thanks for any advise

No you are not. Skill Inheritance is very complex as is gauging unit viability, and there is a lot of math and AI manipulation in this game, along with very tough challenges. Many novice players make severely subpar inheritance decisions which is even worse when real money is involved so we try to help as best we can to help avoid that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did you not get some of the F2P horse units?

You can make a pretty ridiculous horse emblem team which should get you to tier 20 these days. You won't stay in tier 20, but you can bounce between 19/20.

The extra movement means losing a unit is very unlikely.

Flier Emblem ignoring terrain is something else that is pretty strong for arena, and doesn't have a bst penalty. However that's dearer to make.

I got a good amount of the Horse Units, and all the free ones, I'm just bad at the game. Plus, some weeks its just the bonus Horse Units I have aren't very good. Like my 5* Eliwood is kinda just useless most matches (Neutral IVs, Fury 3, Axebreaker 3, Ward Cavalry, Swap, Holy Vestments).

Maybe I'm just running crappy skills. Also Both Xander and Reinhardt are stuck with Death Blow 2, since I don't have any Death Blow 3 Units laying around.

Also I keep matching into decked out Flier Emblem Teams on that map with the 4 defense tiles in the middle, which is hard to complete without losing any units.

Wichu

Up to 49 orbs spent on this banner.

qun9C2o.jpg

FUCK YOU COLOURLESS HELL, YOU CAN'T BEAT ME

IVs are
+Atk/-Def :D

The 5* Luke and Hawkeye I got earlier are absolute trash. +HP/-Atk and +Def/-Atk respectively. Skill fodder it is.

lt519

I got a good amount of the Horse Units, and all the free ones, I'm just bad at the game. Plus, some weeks its just the bonus Horse Units I have aren't very good. Like my 5* Eliwood is kinda just useless most matches (Neutral IVs, Fury 3, Axebreaker 3, Ward Cavalry, Swap, Holy Vestments).

Maybe I'm just running crappy skills. Also Both Xander and Reinhardt are stuck with Death Blow 2, since I don't have any Death Blow 3 Units laying around.

Also I keep matching into decked out Flier Emblem Teams on that map with the 4 defense tiles in the middle, which is hard to complete without losing any units.

Make sure you are using Reposition and/or Drawback, it's much better than Swap. You can sneak in, attack, and then flip out of range of the enemy in one turn. Put Lancebreaker on Rein, I actually still run armored blow on Xander. If your Xander isn't 5* you are missing out on one of his strongest points and that is his weapons built in distant counter.

For arena its usually better to stick with your core team (Rein, Xander, Camus) and plug in a bonus character with a positional move to support the team. Those three are more than capable of handling anything out there.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Should I use a healer for chain challenges ?
You want some form of healing, yeah. Either a full-blown healer or have someone built as an HP battery with Reciprocal Aid/Renewal/Falchion. Also note that you don't necessarily need to have Reciprocal Aid and Renewal on the same character.

One of the nice things about chain challenges is that there's no time limit like in Tempest. On those maps where no one moves until you initiate, you can sit and let your HP battery unit recharge and heal everyone up before you continue.

Mupod

had to use a Light's Blessing for the first time in forever 'cause it made me fight a Tharja+Healer+Delthea with two Hectors and a stock Leo...not giving up that 6.6x bonus. I have like 40 anyways and you can't use them in relevant content anymore.

Akuun

So is Swift sparrow the best A skill for Brave bow Lyn still?
I think L&D3 gives one more point of speed and atk, but it has those stat penalties that Swift Sparrow doesn't. Not worth the trouble imo.

I'd rather just stick to Swift Sparrow.

Mathematics

Neo Member
This games refusal to give me a good Nino is tempting me to promote my +spd Soren, what's the best way to build him?

Let's assume I don't want to promote Nino to give him gronnblade+.

Bumping question. Got a +4 4* forget what IV Soren from all these greens that were not Bike. He will be 4*+10 one day...

explodet

had to use a Light's Blessing for the first time in forever 'cause it made me fight a Tharja+Healer+Delthea with two Hectors and a stock Leo...not giving up that 6.6x bonus. I have like 40 anyways and you can't use them in relevant content anymore.
I did the same this morning! Chose the wrong team during a bonus, got pasted, barely squeaked by after using a Light's Blessing.

Figured I got 3 of them in the August quests and gonna get 3 more in the September quests, might as well get some use out of them.

Weebos

Banned
Bumping question. Got a +4 4* forget what IV Soren from all these greens that were not Bike. He will be 4*+10 one day...

Building him with Triangle Adept and Gronnraven is supposed to be decent. Boey probably does it better because of higher defense though.

Bulzeeb

Their final stats are predetermined but differ between each other due to a system the playerbase refers to as "IVs" or "Natures" like in Pokemon.

If we take Brave Lyn as an example, her statline is the following:

HP 32/35/39
ATK 30/33/36
SPD 32/35/38
DEF 14/18/21
RES 24/28/31

She can either be neutral nature (like the one you pull for free) or vary in two stats - a boon (the higher stat version) and a bane (the lower stat version).

One of the best Lyns to get is +Atk/-Def (36 Atk and 14 Def) because her defense is already low and with a Brave Bow this means you always deal 6 more damage, which is very significant. A -Atk bane however severely cripples this build.

I don't understand what "bonus for merging are lost" means. The only things you can possibly lose upon merging are the SP of the unit you are merging into another unit, and the fact that if you merge 4*s and then promote that 4*+x unit to 5*, the merges are gone.

There is little danger in merging 5*s except that you have to be sure you are merging into a good nature.

The Gamepedia Wiki has a tier list that I myself am maintaining among others. We have both a budget tier list and one that assumes full access to inheritance. Feel free to ask me anything about any of the unit positions.

I'm not sure I fully understand the question but you can only fill one skill at a time into the slots Weapon, Assist, A, B, C, Special. It doesn't hurt to teach units multiple skills of the same type so you can adjust them for different challenges like Grand Hero Battles.

No you are not. Skill Inheritance is very complex as is gauging unit viability, and there is a lot of math and AI manipulation in this game, along with very tough challenges. Many novice players make severely subpar inheritance decisions which is even worse when real money is involved so we try to help as best we can to help avoid that.

Thanks, this is really usefull. To clarify the two you had some trouble with.

* Merge, I read that if you merge 2 heroes, one will get with its stats with a bonus. But if you promote the unit, all this bonuses will be lost, so I was wondering is it was worth to merge a basic unit that I might promote, if maybe I should upgrade both units and then merge or if I should just send the other one home and get some feathers instead. (I haven't merged or promoted a single unit yet).

* Skills: I was checking my Brave Ike stats and I saw all his skills but since there are only 7 skill slots I was wondering if I could upgrade everything. (I also haven't read much about how the skills work)

By the way, thanks for the wiki, it looks really useful, also, is there a FEH 101 I should check before going deeper into this game? or does the wiki provides everything I need to start?

thanks again for the tips

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Took the opportunity to level up both Klein and BLyn together and I like Klein way better, at least PVE. Contemplating whether it's worth feeding a Brave Bow + to BLyn and try to Quad everything. Any other builds for Lyn that aren't Firesweeper+, Cancel affinity monstrosities?

Oops, first Gauntlet where I've literally missed all the multipliers--and I need feathers ^^;;;

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make it up in the 2nd and final rounds.

Wichu

Thanks, this is really usefull. To clarify the two you had some trouble with.

* Merge, I read that if you merge 2 heroes, one will get with its stats with a bonus. But if you promote the unit, all this bonuses will be lost, so I was wondering is it was worth to merge a basic unit that I might promote, if maybe I should upgrade both units and then merge or if I should just send the other one home and get some feathers instead. (I haven't merged or promoted a single unit yet).

* Skills: I was checking my Brave Ike stats and I saw all his skills but since there are only 7 skill slots I was wondering if I could upgrade everything. (I also haven't read much about how the skills work)

By the way, thanks for the wiki, it looks really useful, also, is there a FEH 101 I should check before going deeper into this game? or does the wiki provides everything I need to start?

thanks again for the tips

Don't send anyone home until you run out of space in your barracks. It's better to use spare heroes for skill inheritance anyway - you can fill in missing skills or replace skills with more useful ones on heroes you use often. Once you make it to a good Arena tier, you can earn 5-10k feathers a week, so the feathers you get from sending units home are insignificant.

If you really want to merge, then there are two ways to do it: merge a lot of 4* heroes and don't promote, or promote to 5*, then merge. The latter give you a better end result, but costs a stupid amount of feathers. Note that a 4*+5 is equivalent to a 5*, and a 4*+10 is the same as a 5*+5. If you don't think you're going to spend 220,000 feathers to get a 5*+10, it might be worth going for a 4*+10 instead.

You can only equip six skills at once (the seventh slot is a Sacred Seal slot - check the quest board for how to get some!). Unequipped skills stay on the hero so you can swap them out later. Each skill goes in a specific slot (weapon/support/special/passive A/passive B/passive C). You spend SP to learn skills - you gain SP for each kill and each level up, so it's possible to grind out as much SP as necessary to learn all the skills you want. 5* heroes come with their weapon fully upgraded. Upgrade whichever skill looks best to you first - you'll eventually be able to learn all of them.

Akuun

I rather like my Hana, and +spd is one of her better IVs imo. She's a glass cannon, but it's nice to have a complete Hector delete button these days.

I slapped Moonbow and Drag Back on mine and called it a day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just wondering, if I got two Lyn, can you use both of them at the same time?

Also where I can read about inheritance and what skills I should be looking for?

Wichu

Just wondering, if I got two Lyn, can you use both of them at the same time?

Also where I can read about inheritance and what skills I should be looking for?

Yeah, most modes don't have limits on multiples of characters (I think Arena Assault does, though?). Just make sure you don't run into my Triangle Adept Robin in Arena :p

I use this site as a quick reference - there's a skill inheritance guide there.

The Roy I got is +atk -spd, doing great work despite the compromise (still quick and on a team with speed boosters and/or debuffers). Gave him Reposition and Spur Attack to fill in the blanks for now, also will drop a cavalry c skill on him soon for swapping into horse emblem. First time with Galeforce on a unit, so still pleasantly surprised when I realize Roy can go again. Expensive skill but double sp for now + Gray tagging along speeds up the sp accumulation significantly.

Not much to say that hasn't been said about Bow Lyn. Rocks. Mine being the neutral free selection. Still figuring out what else to add to her... while at the same time deciding who gets Bowbreaker to fight her clones.

Tried for B Lucina again with new September orbs. Nope. But continuing to get 4* fodder, no 3* in the last few sessions.

Alucrid

Banned
probably going to throw bonfire and quick riposte on ike and call it a day. might do a brave bow build for lyn so she has options...i think i have enough feathers. then there's just roy that's left. not entirely sure what to do with him yet.

Firemind

Seriously, I've only picked red orbs and ONLY picked colorless when there's no red available or if it's the 5th non-red orb.

Well, at least I got a Katarina out of the deal. Putting Swift Sparrow and Atk Ploy on one char is evil though.

NSESN

Seriously, I've only picked red orbs and ONLY picked colorless when there's no red available or if it's the 5th non-red orb.

Well, at least I got a Katarina out of the deal. Putting Swift Sparrow and Atk Ploy on one char is evil though.

At least your pity rate was broken by bLyn. My pity rate was broken by -spd Soren,

Top Bottom