• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Alucrid

Banned
I have 2 5* and 2 4*, so whats there to do with lv 5 heroes that get to 40?

you can inherit skills from other units to make them better, use their own skills for other units to inherit or merge duplicate 5 star units into each other to gain increased stats

Bulzeeb

you can inherit skills from other units to make them better, use their own skills for other units to inherit or merge duplicate 5 star units into each other to gain increased stats

oh, got it, I just rolled 2 5* Chrom units, should I merge them by looking at their stats and IV or level them both and see who gets the better stats?

spiritfox

Or maybe do like Splatoon and the winner is decided by counting Popularity/win percentage/points.

I've been thinking about win percentage but I can't find a good way to do it. Obviously since there's no direct pvp you can't just take wins based on total matches, so you need to compare the win-loss percentage on both sides, which due to a lot of cheesing it's almost 100%. You'll need to overhaul the whole thing just to implement something like that.

Trying to keep to the original format, I think the best is to auto-scale all units to 40, remove Light's Blessings, and have it be more like an arena match. Also remove the 30minute window, and replace it with a token type system that recharges over time so you don't have to be glued to your phone all day.

Mupod

Having to camp a spreadsheet and log in at 4AM to get the maximum amount of feathers is pretty obnoxious and I have no idea why anyone thinks that is a good system.

Anyways, burned the last of my flags. Now we wait and watch the shitstorm unfold.

To make win percentages matter they would need to overhaul the battle system in the gauntlet. Right now as long as your friends aren't jerks they will give you a level 40 unit to fight with so all you need to do is pick a level 1 unit. The game will throw out three level 1 enemies and your friend's unit can auto battle them.

Edit: beaten

Ninferno

Poor showing of Team Camilla in the last bonus hour, guess they have really run out of flags by then. Not unexpected though.

Alucrid

Banned
oh, got it, I just rolled 2 5* Chrom units, should I merge them by looking at their stats and IV or level them both and see who gets the better stats?

if they're level 1 you can check their IVs and pick whatever the best one is. i don't know what skills he has since i've never had a chrom so i'm not sure if he's useful enough fodder to save one or is okay to merge

lt519

Having to camp a spreadsheet and log in at 4AM to get the maximum amount of feathers is pretty obnoxious and I have no idea why anyone thinks that is a good system.

Anyways, burned the last of my flags. Now we wait and watch the shitstorm unfold.

To be fair the alternative wasn't much better, which was battling every 30 minutes to grind as high a score as possible.

Last time I played all the underdogs, checked in every few hours when I was awake to guess when the next multiplier was going to be, hit a lot of them and ended up top 1000 overall.

This time, I've played Ike and only hit 5 multipliers this entire event by pure luck, but am getting 1500 feathers for victories which is the difference between top 1000 like last time and top 50000 this time. I still have 1800 flags to use too which I probably won't end up using.

So basically you can play underdogs and min/max multipliers but you really don't end up with more feathers than just picking the winner and getting lucky with a multiplier or two throughout the event.

On another note; just 5*'d Effie and Zeph, Armor Emblem here I come!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Chrom is valuable Aether fodder; use the one with better IV for AA, and reserve the worse as Aether fodder.
Is Aether really that good? It's for high arena score right?

Would Astra serve the same purpose? It comes at 4* from Virion, so it would be way less expensive.

Vena

I mean, all it takes is one Nino to kill that. But its retries and resets, that's just cheese. You can do that with any unit with that level of BST, even Tobin (if you could +10 him, so Gray). You just have to cheese it enough to statistically hit a known *all teams* of green. Which you can, if you know who runs the full green team.

Just keep resetting until you see the person again and again and again.

Camilla beating Lyn was an inside job by Ike to take out his one competitor

Alucrid

Banned
as someone only in it for the feathers i actually really enjoy the schadenfreude the current multiplier system gives me

It's not, but then again, why should getting the maximum amount of feathers be easy?

Mupod

Well, now that this gauntlet business is behind me, I was gonna start getting my TT squad ready. I actually have a nice selection of bonus units for once.

I may run with Hector, Ninian, 'Marth' and 4*+3 Clarine for autobattle. I have a 5* blade tome Ursula, but I feel like she'd eat up all the SP and she's long since maxed HM.

Since I started using Lucina on my AA opening team for points, I could level her masked version and give it some budget SI to use for Hector rounds when Roy's been used up already. Even with minimal SI, she should do a lot of work on autobattle. And I get a free +1 so that's nice.

Ninian would solely be to gain SP. She might be too weak for autobattle, though.

Hector will be a god with +10HP and +4 all stats. He has no use for SP or HM, he'd just be there to ensure the run is successful.

I'd be using Clarine this time as Genny is max SP/HM. Unlike Genny she won't have a bonus and hits like a wet noodle, so her weapon is coming off to ensure she heals my team.

Based on the last TT, it will be an extremely easy way to rapidly level up all the bonus units. So I'll be able to max out Ninian, Marthcina, and Hector 3 in no time. +12 SP per kill for Ninian will be a godsend since my standard dancer kit is expensive. Gonna be amazing having 3 dancers for AA and squad assault.

kswiston

This is the easiest season of Arena for me ever. Add Bow Lyn to a generic horse team. Proceed to beat everything.

I need to get Lyn skilled up to edge my points total up though.

Therion

Man, I need to stop caring about voting gauntlets (as I vowed to do after my first one last month). I was in the top 20 on team Ike, but couldn't play this morning when Ike had his highest multiplier, which totally destroyed my rank. With how minimal the feather differences are between ranks and how easily things can swing out of your favor, I really shouldn't be putting any effort into these.

kswiston

It's not, but then again, why should getting the maximum amount of feathers be easy?

It doesn't matter what changes are made to the voting gauntlet if we are competing for rank. Top places will always go to the no lives of the FE Heroes playerbase.

There were no multipliers in the first voting guantlet, but you still had dudes logging in almost every half hour for that 100 point bump.

So instead of being pissed that some players were hundreds of k ahead of you, you were pissed that 1500 points cost you a couple thousand places in the ranking.

Wichu

Poor showing of Team Camilla in the last bonus hour, guess they have really run out of flags by then. Not unexpected though.

Yeah, I spent all mine earlier when we didn't know whether we'd get one or two bonus rounds today. I'm out of the top 1000 for Team Camilla, but I think I can still make top 1000 overall.

Yeah, it's over. Camilla didn't make up enough ground on her last multiplier and Ike should regain the lead in an hour or so and keep it.

Sushen

Yeah, it's over. Camilla didn't make up enough ground on her last multiplier and Ike should regain the lead in an hour or so and keep it.
It'll be close if Camilla will get the last multiplier. Considering how long it took last time, unlikely. But if it happens, she'll take the cake.

kswiston

Yeah, I spent all mine earlier when we didn't know whether we'd get one or two bonus rounds today. I'm out of the top 1000 for Team Camilla, but I think I can still make top 1000 overall.

It will depend if we get a final bonus hour this evening. What rank are you overall? I'm nowhere near the top 1k, but my Team Camilla and overall ranks aren't too far apart.

explodet

I'm Team Camilla from the start and even I think Ike should win this.

Took advantage of those sweet sweet multipliers, but I ran out of flags.
Just missed hitting top 1K in total rank, and I'm 250 away from slipping out of top 5K on team rank. Can't complain though; worst case I'm projected to make 10500 feathers this gauntlet.

Weebos

Banned
It'll be close if Camilla will get the last multiplier. Considering how long it took last time, unlikely. But if it happens, she'll take the cake.

I don't think it will be that close, unless Ike players go wild on feathers near the end. Current projections show Ike leading the final round by a little less than ~1.5 billion, he needs to be leading by ~4 billion for Camilla to get the bonus.

Sushen

I don't think it will be that close, unless Ike players go wild on feathers near the end. Current projections show Ike leading the final round by a little less than ~1.5 billion, he needs to be leading by ~4 billion for Camilla to get the bonus.
My last hope is when Japan wakes up, they'll use up all remaining flags to go up in the team rank. Come on, you can do it, team Ike. You're fighting for your friends, right?

My last hope is when Japan wakes up, they'll use up all remaining flags to go up in the team rank. Come on, you can do it, team Ike. You're fighting for your friends, right?

If Camilla scored 0 points in the next 8 hours, Ike would still need to average 495.8 million/hour to trigger a final bonus.

kswiston

We're getting feathers at such a breakneck speed now, that I am fully expecting 6-star upgrades to be 200k feathers when they inevitably debut

Mupod

The feather influx is offset by them adding modes that require many max level, strong characters like Arena/Squad Assault. If not for those modes I'd have put my resources into merging up my arena core, but that's way more boring than making more new fun characters.

I could see boon/bane changes costing feathers on top of badges/coins/your soul.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That's why I've been avoiding promoting units just to merge them. Sure, it adds to arena scores, but it's so boring.

I've been trying to promote different units to have some more variety to play with instead. Or sometimes I put resources into trying to make units that I like more viable.

Pejo

So I've been getting a lot of suggestions since I have a Horse Emblem team now to put my spare Distant Counter on Titania. The thing is, I don't really get why. Her RES is ok, but her attack sucks. Is it literally just as a blue mage (Rein) killer?

I think I'll save it for some crap character that I just like to try to make them usable. Maybe Navarre.

Busaiku

So I've been getting a lot of suggestions since I have a Horse Emblem team now to put my spare Distant Counter on Titania. The thing is, I don't really get why. Her RES is ok, but her attack sucks. Is it literally just as a blue mage (Rein) killer?

I think I'll save it for some crap character that I just like to try to make them usable. Maybe Navarre.
Her great Speed and good Resistance make her great for taking Green Mages as well, with Green Tomebreaker being ideal.
Stick Atk Ploy Sacred Seal on her, and you can support other Cavaliers extremely well.

Top Bottom