• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

kswiston

If you're still pulling on the CYL banner there's a way out there chance that you pull another better Lyn. If you give the free one Brave Bow you'd have to merge them where otherwise you could use the free one as Swift Sparrow fodder.

This assumes people who have Lyn are pulling colorless gems.

Wiseblade

Supports are in! Just as I suspected, it's a system similar to Radiant Dawn's. At S rank, partnered units gain +2 in every stat in battle when they're adjacent, +1 if they're one space away. It looks like supports will affect all copies of the characters involved too, bit a character can't support with themself.

EDIT: WAIFU/HUSBANDO SUPPORTS ARE REAL

You can pick one character to support with Summoner, giving them a permanent +2 boost in every stat when battling.

spiritfox

Supports are in! Just as I suspected, it's a system similar to Radiant Dawn's. At S rank, partnered units gain +2 in every stat in battle when they're adjacent, +1 if they're one space away.

EDIT: WAIFU/HUSBANDO SUPPORTS ARE REAL

You can pick one character to support with Summoner, giving them a permanent +2 boost in every stat when battling.

P O W E R C R E E P

/s

Wiseblade

I hope nobody was expecting support conversations, it apears all you get is a little animation.

Supports are anither example of IS encouraging multiple teams. This time it's pushing specific pairings rather thsn just a deep pool of individuals. First thing I did was support Eirika and Nino. Seemed pretty obvious.

So, if a summoner supported unit is next to their ally support, they will get +4 to everything?
Seems so, nothing in the help info says the boosts don't stack and the game didn't Grey out Eirika as an option.

Not sure what is going on there, but it isn't normal.

That's what I figured! It just didn't make sense.

Assuming you have an iPhone it's some issue that's been known since launch because you have a low amount of storage left.

If it's not that then I don't know.

Are you running out of space on the storage medium you have the app on?

I didn't even think of this. I'm very often running low on storage. I'll do some cleaning and see if it makes a difference. Thanks a lot for the tip!

ggx2ac

Special icon for Summoner support, being at level 50 also makes it shiny.

Look at it.

DJAm1kNUMAArTPE.jpg

Summoner support looks simple enough.

Pick one unit that becomes your uber unit. More lvl 35+ they kill the more they bond with you till they get support level ups.

Scum

IntSys continues to give everyone an excuse to use more of their summoned units. 👍🏾
I hope nobody was expecting support conversations, it apears all you get is a little animation.

Supports are anither example of IS encouraging multiple teams. This time it's pushing specific pairings rather thsn just a deep pool of individuals. First thing I did was support Eirika and Nino. Seemed pretty obvious.

Seems so, nothing in the help info says the boosts don't stack and the game didn't Grey out Eirika as an option.
Yes, Wiseblade!

Summoner support looks simple enough.

Pick one unit that becomes your uber unit. More lvl 35+ they kill the more they bond with you till they get support level ups.

That or a great way to correct a bad IV somewhat. I chose to support Innes (+Atk/-spd). He is going to be a monster when he reaches max support level, and will make a great counter mage pick.

Also since Amelia and Hector have been hip to hip I put them together, and of course the aforementioned Eirika and Nino.

Sterok

First supports are Ephraim/Tharja (primary arena duo), Lucina/Sharena (initial Arena Assault group), and Y!Tiki/Fae (Arena Assault). Gonna be interesting to see what pairs work best. The support levels resetting seems lame though. Hurts experimentation and another possible source of grinding.

ggx2ac

Do the stats stack?

I haven't checked but I assume it is likely, when you go to your character's in-depth portrait info or whatever it's called, it shows who the character has support with and it shows both the summoner and the partner if you did that to one character.

Well, given my current teams, these chars are always together. So these are my first pairings.

Bride Cordelia / Ninian
Ike / Julia
Brave Lyn / Olivia

Now I need to figure out what else to pair up.

edit: Also I realize the support is by individual character. No individual unit. So even if you have 5 Ike's and 5 Julia's, they share supports. But a Brave Ike wouldn't share support that regular Ike has. This means that you can have multiple builds using the same chars but abusing support bonuses.

Say you have 2 regular Ike's with 2 Hector's. You got support for the two. The Ike's and Hector's will get bonuses with each other regardless of different builds.

lt519

Beat the Squad Assault on my second try, much easier than last time, but definitely had a couple close calls and some AI manipulation. Easter level ended up being the hardest, my Klein couldn't attack Camilla until I took the other flier down, was like a 20 turn fight haha.

Nino/YTiki/Jaffar/Subaki
MRobin/Maria/Legion/Celica
BLyn/S!Elise/Ike/Olivia
B!Roy/Roy/Klein(4*)/Azura
Rein/Camus/Xander/Titania

explodet

For crying out loud, they drop this on us now? I've got to sleep soon!

Should change the title of the thread to "Reinhardt Support Simulator".

Golnei

I'm disappointed they didn't even bothered to have some generic dialogue when supporting.

Definitely - even if they didn't want to write 170 variants of "I have your back!"/"I'll do my best!", they could have just had the units play some of their regular voice lines (either the petting ones, or to make things simple; their selection lines on maps) while supporting. Hopefully the latter could be added in an update, because it'd involve no new writing or voice work.

Even just a simple "hee-hee~" / "OHO" would make for a more dynamic and endearing exchange.

Spoit

Ugh, feels so bad to leave that 4% pity rate on the gauntlet banner. But I was burned so hard by the 5% hector banner, that I just can't justify an IAP

Ninferno

Wow, "Map: No Animation" and "Auto: No Animation" are great QoL improvements and huge time savers. Check them out, guys. This is the 1.7 addition that I like the most, yes, more than supports.

Btw, do we have confirmation whether supports have effects on defense (both regular arena and AA)? I seriously hope they don't; it is going to be pain in the ass if we are forced to spend time checking defense support every match.

Wow, "Map: No Animation" and "Auto: No Animation" are great QoL improvements and huge time savers. Check them out, guys.

This is the 1.7 addition that I like the most, yes, more than supports.

Btw, do we have confirmation whether supports have effects on defense (both regular arena and AA)? I seriously hope they don't; it is going to be pain in the ass to be forced to spend time checking defense support every match. errr.

Kinda hard to confirm on defense as not everyone has the patch yet. I'd guess most teams on arena right now are vanilla. Support boosted ones should show up in a day or so and thats when we'll probably find out.

Definitely - even if they didn't want to write 170 variants of "I have your back!"/"I'll do my best!", they could have just had the units play some of their regular voice lines (either the petting ones, or to make things simple; their selection lines on maps) while supporting. Hopefully the latter could be added in an update, because it'd involve no new writing or voice work.

Even just a simple "hee-hee~" / "OHO" would make for a more dynamic and endearing exchange.

Valter: Entertain Me!
Olivia: S-Sure

Certain line combinations would be hilarious or downright creepy

Sterok

Tharja gets my summoner support since she's my main combat unit. Also supported Spring Xander with Summer Xander, since I often pair them up in AA. Talk about self-love.

Squad Assault 3 was pretty easy. Took 3 tries, but all my failures were on the first map. Ephraim was way tougher than he had any right to be. 2nd map was harder than it should've been since I brought in Y!Tiki and Fae for some reason, but it worked out. Other maps I easily cleared with Nino Kuni, Darth Tharja, and Ponies.

Golnei

Valter: Entertain Me!
Olivia: S-Sure

Certain line combinations would be hilarious or downright creepy

That's why it'd be the perfect solution - unintentionally funny or cute inter-character interactions using those soundbites, and then full petting lines played for summoner / character supports.

It's such an easy thing to fix...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does anyone currently have unique support conversations? Since you can replay the animations, I assume they would add some text over time.

Top Bottom