• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

ggx2ac

It's funny, I had to cobble together whatever green stuff I could find from 4* to counter Reinhardt for Arena Assault while I already have seven different 5* Archers that I just have to give Bowbreaker to deal with Brave Lyn if need be.

Mupod

Wow, Squad Assault 3 was far easier than the last one. Got it on my first try (other than one where I just went into the first map to see what was in it). I suppose it helps that I've spent a LOT of feathers lately, I actually pulled out the new flier team for the last map despite Faye's presence.

It's looking like arena or the friends list simply has no knowledge of other players' support, which makes sense from a server load perspective, but I'd like to be sure. I fought a +7 firesweep/CA Bridelia in arena last night and if she had been running around with 5 additional HP +2 all stats, then that would've been a real problem.

It's funny, I had to cobble together whatever green stuff I could find from 4* to counter Reinhardt for Arena Assault while I already have seven different 5* Archers that I just have to give Bowbreaker to deal with Brave Lyn if need be.

TA2 4* Soren is my cheapest Rein counter. I still need 1-2 more to be comfortable in AA.

PK Gaming

What reason is there to, though? Keeping them separate has no real disadvantages. Pairing them doesn't affect anything significant either, but in my case I set Hinoka as my summoner support unit because I felt like the verdant, flowery background added to your main support has certain implications and it didn't suit Raven too well.

Are you telling me you wouldn't husbando the shit out of Raven? I'm disappointed.

Sterok

Some tips for chain challenges 9&10 and 11&12 ? 7&8 was already a nightmare I don't know how I'll pull off for these 2

For 11&12 you need a Reposition Flier to bring your units together on 11-3 and confuse the enemy. I can't imagine finishing that map without casualties otherwise. Keep a Horse Emblem team in reserve as long as possible, because those turn limit maps in chapter 12 are nasty and almost require large movement and buffs.

For 11&12 you need a Reposition Flier to bring your units together on 11-3 and confuse the enemy. I can't imagine finishing that map without casualties otherwise. Keep a Horse Emblem team in reserve as long as possible, because those turn limit maps in chapter 12 are nasty and almost require large movement and buffs.

I don't have a Horse Emblem team ready yet it's gonna be ugly, but yeah the worse part are indeed maps with limited turns :(

On an other topic, it's funny to see all these Awakening characters losing at round one especially since two of them are previous gauntlet winners.

DJBxDM6VAAA3Wzo.jpg

Draxal

I really wish they had skins to hide the bad artwork.

Its a shame so many of the best characters (tier wise for this discussion only) have bad artwork.

Ninferno

Some tips for chain challenges 9&10 and 11&12 ? 7&8 was already a nightmare I don't know how I'll pull off for these 2

Not so much of tips but just some personal experience in dealing with them:

CC 9 & 10: Just horse emblem it. If you find it difficult to use horse emblem in the first 3 maps due to the abundance of trees and Ursula, you can use a non-horse team to tackle the the first 3 and horse emblem the rest 7. I don't remember the stats inflation in CC 9 & 10 being too ridiculous; Xander and Camus with horse buffs should handle most of the enemies they don't have WTD to quite comfortably while Cecilia with blade buffs should ORKO most non-red. Bring a healer cav as the 4th member if you like to (I know I do).

CC 11 & 12: Huge pain in the ass and hands down the single most difficult content the game has to offer so far. I used a mixed team from 11-1 to 11-5. 11-3 (Fear Mountain, aka the split party defense map) is the check point in this potion. I used Escape Route and Wings of Mercy to get my whole party together; it's not the most efficient strat, but what I'm most comfortable with. If you have a good flier, you can bait the enemies into moving back and forth around the mountain and waste their turns; or you can have a unit pivot over this filer and get your party together that way. I used my horse team from 12-1 to 12-4. 12-4 is the map that gave me the most problem in this whole CC. Crazy enemy stats and rainbow team comp, enemy defensive tile advantage, stupid turn limit and enemy don't move until you do all constituted to my problem; even my almighty horses failed to kill them all in time, but they did kill most of them so my third team can cheese through the remainders as well as 12-5.

Roman

Since I finally pulled my first Camilla, I went full in on building fliers - it's not quite arena ready yet, but the skeleton is established:

Fourth member is going to be arena bonus or a Brave Palla for PvE content, which means I'm running quadruple Goad. When I pull a second Hinoka I might switch to using one of the two mages.

Ideally Catria would be a Firesweep Cordelia but I don't have a good Cordelia or a single Roderick, so I'll have to wait. This doesn't mean "Quadria" isn't utterly insane.

The freedom of movement with quad Reposition and Hit and Run is extremely satisfying, I often have no issues killing key opponents on the first turn.

With support bonuses and quad Goads they all get +14 to Atk and Spd, and +2 to Def/Res. I would strongly recommend anyone to try something like this out.

For the future I envision a secondary and maybe even tertiary team with combinations including Est (already have a 5* +Atk-Def one), Beruka, Tana, Minerva and DC Caeda/Shanna if I ever pull more Hectors.

Roman

Tahna over Cordelia now right? That one speed can be everything.

They are about on par - Cordelia does 2 more damage with a Brave build and the speed difference of 1 doesn't really matter in a flier composition for the Firesweep build - Swift Sparrow +Spd Cordelia hits 42 unbuffed, which hits 48 with a Hone (50 with Support).

explodet

I can't wait to build up my support, then find a strat for a particularly difficult GHB require a unit with no support bonuses. Because I just know that's going to happen.

And Legion can't support himself? What kind of BS mechanic is this?

Mupod

yeah, I'm not messing with 11+12 until I have an answer for 12-4. I haven't been able to make it there with a surviving reserve team yet.

The mountain map means I can't lead off with cavalry, but my flier team laughs at it. But then they have trouble with the map with all those casters holed up in a fortress, thanks to the turn limit. Celica's stats are so jacked up on a defense tile that I couldn't kill her with blade tome Scorrin (granted I don't have Hone Fliers yet and she's -atk).

I could probably do it if I tried a few more times but my roster only gets stronger over time. Eventually I'll have the right squads to clear it.

I still like the variety of artwork, and I've come to agree with some that I initially considered misfires. Like Eliwood. Feathers to spare, so just 5*d one to run in the nostalgic mix with Brave Lyn and/or Brave Roy.

New support system is interesting to build upon synergy. Trying stuff like Saber defensive teaming with Nowi (to good effect), Xander plus Titania, etc. Summoner support could also be Titania, classic favorite Selena, or serious gameplay and new favorite Brave Lucina.

I never want to do Chain Challenge 11 and 12 again.

Honestly, I don't even remember how I did it.

I think I used Nino, Bride Cordelia and two dancers to get as far as I can. I ended up making it to the 8th or 9th battle before I couldn't handle the pressure, but by that point my flier and horse emblem teams were ready to mop up.

Took many, many tries before I could pull it off. The 5th battle was my biggest stumping block since all my units were too fragile to bait (except Nino v Bruno) and often couldn't ORKO the mages in the middle.

I imagine it may be slightly easier now that ally and summoner support is available. I distinctively remember some annoying times when I barely missed a KO even with special charged, Spur and Hone Atk.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Tana is really good. Not only is she a very sturdy all-round unit with a good default kit, but Guidance is amazing on maps where you normally have limited movement. It's also harder to read teams that run her.

I put my supports on ATiki. Still trying to make her useful, and I suspect those extra points could make her ridiculous.

woopWOOP

I didn't think a unit could get both summoner support and ally support, wowee

I've given Zephiel my love just for the extra HP he'll get
Guess I'll figure out which of my strong characters make good partners later. After that it's just goofy ships

Akuun

It's really hard to pair a dancer with anyone because they're so all-purpose.

Otherwise I'm just pairing people that I usually use together for now. I figure I can fine-tune it later.

Draxal

It's really hard to pair a dancer with anyone because they're so all-purpose.

Otherwise I'm just pairing people that I usually use together for now. I figure I can fine-tune it later.

I paired mine with Bridal Cordelia, since she's pretty much all purpose.

The other op arches is used in horse teams (i partnered her with Rein, since my horse team buffer Xander is partnered to Cecilia).

Weebos

Banned
Paired myself (and Xander) with Reinhardt, since that seems to be the thing to do.

I really need to get DB3 on him, haven't pulled a 4 star Klein ever.

Ninferno

Since I finally pulled my first Camilla, I went full in on building fliers - it's not quite arena ready yet, but the skeleton is established.

That's looking pretty great indeed. I have been trying to build my own budget flier emblem too; I don't plan to use it for arena but I do want a capable team for PvE and AA (2nd to 7th). I have been playing around with my filers lately and the superior maneuverability does feel great. I originally have:
Scorn: +SPD -DEF, Blarblade+, Drawback, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Goad Fliers.
4 * Cherche: +ATK -DEF, Brave Axe, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Drag Back, Fortify Fliers.
4 * Palla: +ATK -Res, Reposition, Fury 2, Hit & Run.

By budget, I meant no 5* SI as usual. I only broke my own rules with Scorn because I felt pretty lucky pulling her so I bit the bullet and spent the 20k for her weapon.

I'm now considering my fourth member. I don't have Hinoka; and a -ATK Minerva broke my pity counter when shooting for Tana/Amelia, but 2 axes without DC seems like a lot of overlapping. With Scorn being my blue, I might want a lance unit as my 4th to have some blue melee capability. I have 6 Ests and one of them is +ATK -DEF so I can make a 4* + 5 and give her a budget Brave Lance, Reposition, H & R/Drag Back, and then Goad (I do have enough Pallas) or Threaten Def. Or I can use Valter for some real enemy phase capability, but I don't feel like paying 20k especially when I can just use Minerva.

Any thoughts? Thanks. The wise choice is probably to wait and see if Elincia gets released with a highly likely PoR banner mid-Sept.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Paired myself (and Xander) with Reinhardt, since that seems to be the thing to do.

I really need to get DB3 on him, haven't pulled a 4 star Klein ever.
How can you pair a unit that you already paired with yourself? Or is it like a pair with another unit first, then with yourself? If so that's a dumb bug. I can't do the opposite.

Roman

That's looking pretty great indeed. I have been trying to build my own budget flier emblem too; I don't plan to use it for arena but I do want a capable team for PvE and AA (2nd to 7th). I have been playing around with my filers lately and the superior maneuverability does feel great. I originally have:
Scorn: +SPD -DEF, Blarblade+, Drawback, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Goad Fliers.
4 * Cherche: +ATK -DEF, Brave Axe, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Drag Back, Fortify Fliers.
4 * Palla: +ATK -Res, Reposition, Fury 2, Hit & Run.

By budget, I meant no 5* SI as usual. I only broke my own rules with Scorn because I felt pretty lucky pulling her so I bit the bullet and spent the 20k for her weapon.

I'm now considering my fourth member. I don't have Hinoka; and a -ATK Minerva broke my pity counter when shooting for Tana/Amelia, but 2 axes without DC seems like a lot of overlapping. With Scorn being my blue, I might want a lance unit as my 4th to have some blue melee capability. I have 6 Ests and one of them is +ATK -DEF so I can make a 4* + 5 and give her a budget Brave Lance, Reposition, H & R/Drag Back, and then Goad (I do have enough Pallas) or Threaten Def. Or I can use Valter for some real enemy phase capability, but I don't feel like paying 20k especially when I can just use Minerva.

Any thoughts? Thanks. The wise choice is probably to wait and see if Elincia gets released with a highly likely PoR banner mid-Sept.

I honestly wouldn't run Corrin without Hone Fliers - I have both her, Spring Camilla +1 and a -Atk Hinoka that I won't get rid of till I pull a second one - and decided to go full in on quadruple Goad. With Supports this straight up gives everyone +14 Atk/Spd.

You might want a magic user for PvE content though. A green flier is really good to have, your Minerva isn't great but the Goad buffs make up for her shortcomings - as you can see I'm also running two greens but they have vastly different roles. I'm not sure that I would fully invest in Valter.

Est would probably be the best fourth member there from what I'm seeing. You can give her Atk Ploy and let her tank (non-Reinhardt) blue and red mages as well for some enemy phase maneuverability.

Duffk1ng

Is brave Lucina just a bit of a beast or something? Mine's level 40 and is -Atk +Def and she's still at 47 Atk/36 Spd (after adding weapon damage) which seems pretty good when you add in sturdy blow bumping that to 51 attack.

Mupod

So it does seem like the support system is client-side, which is great because I don't want to have to deal with invisible spur buffs and random characters with +5 HP and +2 all stats. Since it's an overall boost to player controlled units it will make it a bit harder to get defense wins. But since we can get defenses in Arena Assault starting next week I don't see any of us having trouble with that, and I got mine for this week already.

Despite my better judgement I'm a little bit tempted to merge my Hector into the +HP one I found. 64 HP with Panic Ploy+seal would be...something. Still, my unmerged -HP one with a seal and support will hit 57 which is quite fine for what I use PP for. I supported him with Ryoma, who is usually by his side providing Fortify Res anyways. So with 27 Res and the ability to invert horse buffs I don't think I need to worry about tinyhands anymore.

Going to be fun getting to control a GHB boss character in Tempest Trial this weekend, that's for sure.

Weebos

Banned
How can you pair a unit that you already paired with yourself? Or is it like a pair with another unit first, then with yourself? If so that's a dumb bug. I can't do the opposite.

Really? I just double checked, my Reinhardt is paired with both Xander and I. I had no issues assigning these two supports.

Is brave Lucina just a bit of a beast or something? Mine's level 40 and is -Atk +Def and she's still at 47 Atk/36 Spd (after adding weapon damage) which seems pretty good when you add in sturdy blow bumping that to 51 attack.

She totally is. I made her my summoner support to wash away the speed bane. She's also going to get her support, Hector, to 40 speed!

She's easily the second best unit in the CYL banner.

NSESN

Oh god yes. A +Atk-HP BIke. Now I can focus on lancina.

She is

Akuun

For fliers, I've been running one hone + 1 fortify + 2 goads with Palla/S.Corrin/Hinoka/Minerva. Hinoka is -atk, but she doesn't fight often anyway - she mostly just goes after low-def/high res characters if no one else is nearby, and she has goads to help kill if she does need to fight. I have Drag Back on her to help bring her back to safety.

Leaving Fortify on S.Corrin lets me turn Palla or Minerva into super tanky units if I need them to be. I have Iote's Shield on Palla if I need her to bait an archer, which isn't all that useful in arena, but it's great for chain battles.

All of the brave units are beasts.

Really? I just double checked, my Reinhardt is paired with both Xander and I. I had no issues assigning these two supports.
Yeah, it's not a bug. Pairing with you and pairing with other units are two separate mechanics that happen to stack. You can have one unit pair with you and have the same unit pair with a different unit.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah, it's the order in which you do it. If you pair with yourself first, they won't appear in the pair units screen. It will work vice versa though.

Mupod

I honestly wouldn't run Corrin without Hone Fliers - I have both her, Spring Camilla +1 and a -Atk Hinoka that I won't get rid of till I pull a second one - and decided to go full in on quadruple Goad. With Supports this straight up gives everyone +14 Atk/Spd.

You might want a magic user for PvE content though. A green flier is really good to have, your Minerva isn't great but the Goad buffs make up for her shortcomings - as you can see I'm also running two greens but they have vastly different roles. I'm not sure that I would fully invest in Valter.

Est would probably be the best fourth member there from what I'm seeing. You can give her Atk Ploy and let her tank (non-Reinhardt) blue and red mages as well for some enemy phase maneuverability.

my fliers are mainly for PVE at the moment, my team isn't done yet so I substitute a WoM dancer. I don't have a Hinoka at all so I do fortify fliers+rally speed on Palla and hone atk from Azura. It's...suboptimal but works. Or at least it worked up to lunatic chain challenge Celica on a defense tile. Also missing Repo on Palla really sucks but once Corrin's in desperation range with a teleporting dancer things work out well enough.

you've seen my DC Camilla already, +SPD -RES (best I got so far) so I went with QR over g tomebreaker, with rally+goad+seal she was able to stand up to a cracked out merged +SPD Nino in arena. She also often needs the two QR hits to kill stat-bloated PVE enemies.

The funny thing is if I found a good Hinoka I'd just use her. I like tomboys want a brave user as my fourth anyways. I've got a fledgling Cherche (+atk -hp) at 4* 40 waiting for her upgrade, but no 4* death blow 3 available. I see you also know this feel. I have a +atk -hp 3* Est at 40, but I'm prioritizing a green as my next promote - I'm lacking in greens to the point where I don't even want to give up my 5* Hawkeye for DB3. And like you said, Cherche has a totally different role from DC Camilla, so running both wouldn't be bad.

I'm still hunting for additional Hectors so maybe I'll find a +atk -spd or -res Cherche on the way. I guess my next upgrade is down to Cherche or Fae right now.

Duffk1ng

Got greedy and decided to use my 5 orbs from the kill 35+ cavalry challenge on a Brave Banner pull... got Ike, +ATK -SPD. That's not tooo bad right?

I'm gonna have to try and get Roy now to complete the set.

Akuun

Got greedy and decided to use my 5 orbs from the kill 35+ cavalry challenge on a Brave Banner pull... got Ike, +ATK -SPD. That's not tooo bad right?

That might be good. I think Brave Ike benefits from lower speed because he WANTS to get hit more to take advantage of his skill.

I'm jealous. I've blown like 140 orbs on the banner at this point and haven't pulled a single banner hero.

Ninferno

Cool, thanks. Guess I will wait a week or two for the supposed PoR banner. Seriously, IS can make a full banner with Elincia (first Brave Legendary physical weapon), Marcia (Est 2.0), Tanith (Wishblade! Why not, Nephenee's not wielding it), and Jill (Minverva 3.0) if they want. If nothing crazy happens (or the whole banner does not happen in the first place) then I will proceed with Est.

MicH

-SPD isn't too bad on Ike and +ATK is the best boom for him so that's really good overall!

Firemind

Cool, thanks. Guess I will wait a week or two for the supposed PoR banner (seriously, IS can make a full banner with Elincia, Marcia, Tanith, and Jill if they want). If nothing crazy happened (or the whole banner does not happen in the first place) then I will proceed with Est.
Marcia and Jill are just clones of Est and Minerva.

MildSoss

Speaking of fliers i finally finished up my team and my god are they so much fun to use. Definitely not the killing machines that a cavalry team is but I find them a whole lot more enjoyable to use.

Sling shotting every one across the map is pretty damn fun, makes for some creative moves lol

Probably going to end up putting reposition on S Corrin as well.

Duffk1ng

That might be good. I think Brave Ike benefits from lower speed because he WANTS to get hit more to take advantage of his skill.

I'm jealous. I've blown like 140 orbs on the banner at this point and haven't pulled a single banner hero.

I've had some astonishing runs of luck in this game. When it came out I think it was a couple of weeks before I got my first 5* unit and they were few and far between after that. Orbs are more plentiful now, but still... Occasionally I just get the most ridiculous streaks. Followed by dry spells.

Glad to hear that Ike is good. Going to save all the orbs I get for between now and the banner ending, might even buy some extras before the banner closes just to see if I can complete the set.

Not so much of tips but just some personal experience in dealing with them:

CC 9 & 10: Just horse emblem it. If you find it difficult to use horse emblem in the first 3 maps due to the abundance of trees and Ursula, you can use a non-horse team to tackle the the first 3 and horse emblem the rest 7. I don't remember the stats inflation in CC 9 & 10 being too ridiculous; Xander and Camus with horse buffs should handle most of the enemies they don't have WTD to quite comfortably while Cecilia with blade buffs should ORKO most non-red. Bring a healer cav as the 4th member if you like to (I know I do).

CC 11 & 12: Huge pain in the ass and hands down the single most difficult content the game has to offer so far. I used a mixed team from 11-1 to 11-5. 11-3 (Fear Mountain, aka the split party defense map) is the check point in this potion. I used Escape Route and Wings of Mercy to get my whole party together; it's not the most efficient strat, but what I'm most comfortable with. If you have a good flier, you can bait the enemies into moving back and forth around the mountain and waste their turns; or you can have a unit pivot over this filer and get your party together that way. I used my horse team from 12-1 to 12-4. 12-4 is the map that gave me the most problem in this whole CC. Crazy enemy stats and rainbow team comp, enemy defensive tile advantage, stupid turn limit and enemy don't move until you do all constituted to my problem; even my almighty horses failed to kill them all in time, but they did kill most of them so my third team can cheese through the remainders as well as 12-5.

Thanks so I guess it's time to make an horse emblem team

Sushen

What's the proper order to pair multiples? I can't get it to work where previous pairing gets deleted no matter what.

Top Bottom