• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Ninferno

SA 3 isn't so bad; beat it on the first try with lots of room to spare. Map 1 is always the most difficult map for me as I try to be extremely conservative and only use backbenchers in the beginning in order to "reserve" my mains for later maps. By the time I reach map 5 I still have like more than half of my regulars, including all my arena cores at my disposal. I then proceed to blow Alm's ass off the planet with double horses + double dancers. This feeling of "reserving your shit for later" is actually quite similar to how we reserve silver weapons, regalia, and shit only to find them rotting in the inventory during epilogue from an actually FE game in a funny sort of way. lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, its a bit hard to tell, but I don't think support factors into Arena scores. I wonder if the enemy gets support buffs.

Wow these support buffs are huge. I'm doubting they'll give us IV reroll when we can completely undo bad banes with support + seal.

How fast does it rank up?

Spoit

I fucking swear. 7 of the last 10 sets of rolls didn't even have a green. And I'm up to 4.5% now, with no paralog orbs left :(

Sölf

Wow these support buffs are huge. I'm doubting they'll give us IV reroll when we can completely undo bad banes with support + seal.

It takes a bit. I think I needed 4-5 battles to get from C to B (depending on how many units you actually kill with the supporting characters).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

C to B is pretty fast, but it looks like to get S rank, it will take a bunch of matches.

PK Gaming

DJA_J2MW4AAPi4X.jpg

DJA_LKZWsAEcS65.jpg

I now pronounce you Wife and Wife

Spoit

Ugh, I blew my 4.5% pity rate on a fucking chrom. And didn't even get any good SI material from the other 4 orbs

Sölf

So, I really have no idea who to pair up. Choose Camus/Xander and Frederick/Brave Lyn for my Horse Team, Cordelia/Valter and Hinoka/Michalis for my flier team, Nino/Sharena, Azura/BIke, Tharja/Linde, Mae/Boey, Tobin/Clive, god knows what else. Most I just did so my most used units have someone to support.

And well, Xander being my only completely finished Horse Unit got the Summoner support.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I'm not really sure either. Just did Xander and Reinhardt since they get used in every calvary team, and Brave Lyn + Camus because they are also on the current calvary team. I am summoning supporting Reinhardt, though I may swap to Xander since he should be able to make better use of the stats.

I wonder if IS will eventually allow some sort of multiple support slots. Don't let the units get additional stats though.

Sushen

The game is getting more and more complicated, which keeps the game interesting for us early adoptors. But, new comers will be overwhelmed by all these systems. I'm glad that I have started early.

Was Team Ike since the beginning, feels good to be able to ride it out with a complete victory.
This is only the second time I've been on the winning team at the end, and the first time since a gauntlet began. Ironically the other winning team was Camilla during the flier tournament. (After switching from Cherche, to Subaki, finally to Camilla.)

I personally don't mind Camilla. Her Corrin obsession is dumb at its zenith, but I'm fine with her personality outside of that.

Anyway, it was great to see Ike win. Hopefully his beefcake version will follow suit when he inevitably debuts. (Though they should really scrap gauntlets as they are still the worst aspect of the game IMO.)

This is only the second time I've been on the winning team at the end, and the first time since a gauntlet began. Ironically the other winning team was Camilla during the flier tournament. (After switching from Cherche, to Subaki, finally to Camilla.)

I personally don't mind Camilla. Her Corrin obsession is dumb at its zenith, but I'm fine with her personality outside of that.

Anyway, it was great to see Ike win. Hopefully his beefcake version will follow suit when he inevitably debuts. (Though they should really scrap gauntlets as they are still the worst aspect of the game IMO.)

During Flier Emblem, had to go with Camilla as I wanted easy feathers but as a character, I don't really mind her - just her design is not really great. Basically I hate her "armor" and if she was wearing something akin to Elise's outfit to match with the rest of the Nohrian brood, I'd be okay with it.

For my support, I went with the very definition of self-support:

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So just to make sure, you can only summoner support one unit at a time, period, right? I can't get someone to S and then switch? Either way, Lyn's about to become a god.

Also beat SA3 after 3 tries, just had to find the right 2nd round team, after that it was a breeze.

MicH

I think I can finally make a pretty decent horse emblem team. Got B!Lyn, Rein, B!Roy and Cecilia. Just need to grind out some SP. This is pretty exciting.

Still waiting for Xander and Camus to come back.

S Supports happen in a chapel with wedding music. Everyone is getting gay married.

They really should add some dialogue. Even just generic blurbs.

Do opponents supports effect arena? I really hope they don't since ally supports are invisible hones that'll screw up your calculations

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Hey so putting Moonbow and Quickened Pulse onto Brave Lyn would make sense, right? Seems like it'd synergize well with her B skill and let her take out more Distant Counter tanks, but my only source of Moonbow right now is Odin so I'm wary. Don't want to end up without any Blarblades later on.

Sciel

Spent some $ to finish off my pity rate.

5% CYL Banner Pity Rate Ruined by...

5* Catria
5* Lukas

Then i pull a 5* B.Lucina in the next set of orbs, +DEF/-SPD.

I'm done, screw this banner.

Firemind

So you can support everyone with everyone? Lame. I'd have liked characters to only have support options with their in-game characters. Then the less viable characters would get some use and you'd have to do some mix and matching. Now the OP characters get even more OP. Good job, IS.

NSESN

Spent some $ to finish off my pity rate.

5% CYL Banner Pity Rate Ruined by...

5* Catria
5* Lukas

Then i pull a 5* B.Lucina in the next set of orbs, +DEF/-SPD.

I'm done, screw this banner.
+DEF is good tho. Yorspeed is already high soyou won't suffer much.

OVDRobo

What reason is there to, though? Keeping them separate has no real disadvantages. Pairing them doesn't affect anything significant either, but in my case I set Hinoka as my summoner support unit because I felt like the verdant, flowery background added to your main support has certain implications and it didn't suit Raven too well.

Ultimately none of this really matters since lead units don't affect much but it's better design to decouple as many systems as possible.

Sciel

+DEF is good tho. Yorspeed is already high soyou won't suffer much.
Yeah, i'm not too unhappy about the Lucina itself (I did ended up merging her with my existing one that isn't -Speed)...its just the pity rate being ruined by two borderline worthless 5*s.

I don't even know what to use 5* Catria for...she's +HP/-Speed and has no decent skills for SI. Then.... Lukas is -Def lmao.

Since Reinhardt is fairly common now, I'm personally going to wait for the inevitable (in theory) +Atk one before upgrading to 5*.

I say that, but it took me about 4 months or so to get a +Atk or +Spd Nino...

Oh well, thankfully I have Bride Cordelia in the meantime.

Also, I'm really tempted to summoner support Sakura for kicks, but efficiency tells me otherwise : /

Hopefully one day she gets a non-staff variant like Elise or I magically pull two Gennys from the ether, whichever comes first.

ggx2ac

Just checked my six 4* Reinhardts, I have one with Atk Up/Def Down so I guess that's the one I'll go with if I get around to using him.

Scum

How's everyone getting on with their Supports? Eirika + Nino for me. Bride Cordelia for Summoner Support. :3

Skill searching ain't bad either.

Apenheul

Just checked my six 4* Reinhardts, I have one with Atk Up/Def Down so I guess that's the one I'll go with if I get around to using him.
I'd just merge the other 5 into the +Ark one. I've already merged four of them even though I haven't received a +Atk one yet, I'll just merge the stack into a +Atk one if I eventually get one.

ggx2ac

I'd just merge the other 5 into the +Ark one. I've already merged four of them even though I haven't received a +Atk one yet, I'll just merge the stack into a +Atk one if I eventually get one.

I would but I'm having to use my feathers to build up green characters to counter Reinhardt in Arena Assault.

...And then I have to think of counters to Brave Lyn, I guess mainly using mages with -raven tomes and archers with Bowbreaker.

Top Bottom