• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

PK Gaming

I'm starting to realize that flier teams don't actually need anyone who can tank Rein/Lyn. When your whole team flies, you can usually zone out a horse team on most maps, let them overextend, then swoop in on your turn.

Pretty much

Hit and Run + Reposition give you so much flexibility

The best team style

OVDRobo

What are popular builds for Lucinmarth? I plan on doing different builds on each and then merging the four together at the end which will hopefully be SP efficient.

Lucina (Marth) shares normal Lucina's stats so all of her builds apply to the masked one, but you have to inherit them yourself outside of Falchion.

There's the 'Nursina' Lucina build which uses Falchion, Renewal, Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice and sometimes Breath of Life to turn her into a damaging healer. You can throw fury on her if you want to as well for more damage at the cost of some of her healing potential being eaten.

There's also your average attack Lucina with Fury/Death Blow and Swordbreaker/Vantage

She's not really good at much aside from being a squishy but damaging attacker or a healer that can also attack effectively due to her stats so she doesn't have a wide variety of builds.

RedBoot

Pity rate finally paid off with a Brave Roy. He's +SPD -DEF, which is solid if not a bit squishy. Also solves my debate of who in my roster was getting Fury 3 from the Hinata I got a while back.

I also ended up with my first 5* dupe with an extra Elise. Is it better to +1 my existing Elise, or is there a good place to toss her Live to Serve 3? My first Elise is basically my go-to healer, but I could always build a second healer if someone else can use LtS.

It's interesting (some might call it lazy) how they just threw another MMarth at us. I guess everyone gets a +1 neutral Lucina now.

Nah, it's for people like me who missed out on the first Tempest Trials. :p Better to re-run it in a mini Trials than in a new one. I guess I can get Tobin eventually as well.

Semajer

Lucina (Marth) shares normal Lucina's stats so all of her builds apply to the masked one, but you have to inherit them yourself outside of Falchion.

There's the 'Nursina' Lucina build which uses Falchion, Renewal, Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice and sometimes Breath of Life to turn her into a damaging healer. You can throw fury on her if you want to as well for more damage at the cost of some of her healing potential being eaten.

There's also your average attack Lucina with Fury/Death Blow and Swordbreaker/Vantage

She's not really good at much aside from being a squishy but damaging attacker or a healer that can also attack effectively due to her stats so she doesn't have a wide variety of builds.

So pretty much just attack or heal builds? Thanks. I'm so low on decent 5* red units. I need there to be a decent red unit on the next banner I pull on.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What are popular builds for Lucinmarth? I plan on doing different builds on each and then merging the four together at the end which will hopefully be SP efficient.
Special: Luna or Aether.
Assist: something movement related, Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice. The healing skills are sometimes useful even without the renewal build, because it takes her safely into Desperation/Vantage range.
A: Usually Fury. Sometimes Darting Blow. I've seen whale-cinas with Distant Counter too.
B: Renewal for medic build, Desperation, or Vantage. Drag Back for budget hit and run.

I already have a neutral Lucina with expensive SIs (currently running renewal build), so I'm giving my Maskcina a budget build with Darting Blow and Drag Back. I find Drag Back is a great skill for squishy offensive units.

Lucina is a very offensive-oriented unit, so you rarely use her to tank anything that's not a swordbreakerless red or a green (and some green mages still kill her). That means she spends a lot of time hanging back playing support until there's something that she can murder with her high attack, which is why the medic build is popular.

yuraya

Spent like 80 orbs trying to get another Hector and nothing. Even worse there was a span of like 35 orbs where there was no green option at all :(

The rng for me this month has been so much worse than last month where I was basically getting whatever unit I wanted without wasting too much orbs.

Just realized the Camilla I pulled with my free pull on the TT banner is +spd/-hp. The urge to promote her and merge and put DC on her is real strong right now.

Buuuut I don't have the feathers and I got to see what the Black Knight is like first.

Akuun

Spent like 80 orbs trying to get another Hector and nothing. Even worse there was a span of like 35 orbs where there was no green option at all :(

The rng for me this month has been so much worse than last month where I was basically getting whatever unit I wanted without wasting too much orbs.
I'm in that boat right now too. Got S.Tiki and S.Corrin from spending 60-80 orbs sniping their colors, so I know I got lucky there.

This CYL banner? Probably 180 orbs spent doing full pulls, and no brave units. Got Tana and regular Ike as pity rate breakers so it's not all bad, but I would really like some Brave units.

Sushen

After spending so much, what I learned is that I'm happy when I don't have specific unit I want. There are many good units that can be useful in the game. But the moment I target a unit the game turns its back on me. From there on, it's nothing but frustration. Of course, it's easier said than done when you see a unit you like...

I'm 4.75% sniping green orbs and seeing how rarely they show up I'm guessing I'm closing in on 200 orbs without a 5 star.

Pulling on only green two banners in a row is the stuff of nightmares.

Pejo

I'm 4.75% sniping green orbs and seeing how rarely they show up I'm guessing I'm closing in on 200 orbs without a 5 star.

Don't you just hate seeing Bartre's smug ugly moustached face? Like each time he's saying, "oh were you expecting a different unit?"

Alkez

It always feels ridiculously hard to pull greens, specifically 5*s. I guess because there's less of them in the pool but it really can be a frustrating experience.

Would be nice if they gave us the option to back out for 1 orb or something (and only charged the 5 if you actually choose to summon) but maybe that's asking for too much.

Don't you just hate seeing Bartre's smug ugly moustached face? Like each time he's saying, "oh were you expecting a different unit?"

I know this feeling all too well lmao.

Sciel

Baiting for arena defense wins has been pretty successful today lol.

I put priscilla as first unit bait with horse emblrm behind her, and its net me like 5 defense wins today haha.

I also ended up with my first 5* dupe with an extra Elise. Is it better to +1 my existing Elise, or is there a good place to toss her Live to Serve 3? My first Elise is basically my go-to healer, but I could always build a second healer if someone else can use LtS.

Merge. Generally, you don't want your healer taking hits whatsoever if they can't kill -- and if they aren't using Wrathful Staff, kill they likely can not. Far too niche as a result. Not so niche? A Wrathful Elise with more Atk power.

Even if you do find yourself in those situations on a regular basis, I've personally found LtS 2 plenty sufficient for my second healer in the few times they've taken a hit. If that's not enough, you could always 5* a Wrys. :p

Roman

Personal highest AA score by far!
image.png

RedBoot

Merge. Generally, you don't want your healer taking hits whatsoever if they can't kill -- and if they aren't using Wrathful Staff, kill they likely can not. Far too niche as a result. Not so niche? A Wrathful Elise with more Atk power.

Even if you do find yourself in those situations on a regular basis, I've personally found LtS 2 plenty sufficient for my second healer in the few times they've taken a hit. If that's not enough, you could always 5* a Wrys. :p

Yeah, that sounds about right. The only real interesting use I could find for LtS was using it to make Azama sort of a front-line healer, which seems nice, but I don't know if it's worth the effort.

No Wrathful Staff yet, but hopefully someday. Poor Genny won't be on my roster for more than a second if I ever manage to pull her.

Mupod

Man we're getting a shitload of feathers over the next week or so. I'll hold off for a bit as I still have some Hector hunting to do, but I'll definitely be promoting some greens.

Frontrunners are Anna and Brave Axe Cherche, only thing holding me back on Cherche is a lack of Death Blow 3.

I've got a Fury 3 for Anna, I guess. I'd rather give it to Azura but I can't think of an affordable A slot even remotely as useful for Anna.

Could also promote and give DC to a +SPD -DEF Titania, or a +ATK -SPD Sheena. But I want to save that DC for future units. If they keep adding ridiculous nonsense like Amelia and the CYL heroes I'd like to be prepared.

This Mini TT is neat, first TT was a mind-numbing grind and didn't have a 40% bonus unit. So I'll taken that QP now thanks. Eliwood as the bonus, he and team can get through themselves but I'm getting sp and supports with other characters before swapping Eliwood and company in at the end. Combos like Spring Chrom spending time with Athena, Summer Robin and Caeda taking flight classes together, etc.

For me it's not colorless hell, but green hell. No Amelia, probably no Bike, Cherches never +atk, no Minerva, no Hector, Ninos always either -spd or -atk....
A lot of Barsts, Camillas, Bartres and Fredericks though.

suzu

Mini TT is good. I'm picking up the stuff I missed out on earlier.

I am also getting a lot of Barst, Barte, and Arthur in green hell. Brave Ike (or Hector) pls come home. :(

If they ever add Lancina as a bonus unit for one of these it will be amazing. Her and Amelia are two units that would just be nutty with +4 stats and +10 health.

Akuun

I totally forgot about those TT unit bonuses. That explains why a team with MMarth, Ninian and Anna are just wrecking house.

This is the perfect time to build up Ninian and Anna. Ninian went from 100 SP to like 1500 so quickly.

Akuun

Wait are the units stronger if they're on the bonus unit list?!
I think so. The last Tempest had it too, which is why Clive wrecked so much house in it despite being a very ordinary unit.

Just checked, and yup. Ninian has +10 hp and a bonus to all stats.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I think so. The last Tempest had it too, which is why Clive wrecked so much house in it despite being a very ordinary unit.

Just checked, and yup. Ninian has +10 hp and a bonus to all stats.

It's time to get a stat boosting monster team to grind some SP!

Mupod

Hm, maybe I should just promote Anna now. I'd get a lot of feathers back from the grind and she's up for the bonus next arena rotation.

Guess I'll go Fury/Desperation for her? Vantage is nice and all, but she's pretty fast with Fury and I could get a free Iceberg along with Desperation 3. I'll hold off on Fury until after the TT is over.

Akuun

I'm putting budget stuff on my Anna for now until I figure out what I want to do with her. I just threw Defiant Attack on her because I had an Ogma lying around, and I figure it would go well with her default Vantage and built-in Escape Route. I don't really want to put Fury on her.

She'll have plenty of SP from TT grinding to switch builds to anything later, anyway.

Meier

I used my freebie on getting the archer Lyn and then summoned one of her afterwards. Is it worth just leveling up two of her or do people recommend I sacrifice her to load her skills into someone else?

Just got very, very lucky and managed to summon Eirika and Ephraim in one go as well.

Mupod

I used my freebie on getting the archer Lyn and then summoned one of her afterwards. Is it worth just leveling up two of her or do people recommend I sacrifice her to load her skills into someone else?

Just got very, very lucky and managed to summon Eirika and Ephraim in one go as well.

Swift Sparrow is an extremely useful and rare skill, so it could be worth passing that on to someone like a Firesweep weapon user. Make sure you check the stats on the one you pulled from the banner, the free Lyn will be neutral but if the other one is +atk or +spd then level her instead.

Meier

Swift Sparrow is an extremely useful and rare skill, so it could be worth passing that on to someone like a Firesweep weapon user. Make sure you check the stats on the one you pulled from the banner, the free Lyn will be neutral but if the other one is +atk or +spd then level her instead.

I can't recall, is there any way to check their IV if they're not level 1 or level 40?

Akuun

I can't recall, is there any way to check their IV if they're not level 1 or level 40?
Not for 5* units.

For less than 5*s that are past level 20, you can take them to the promote menu to see what their stats will be at the next star level at level 1.

Sushen

I think I'm finally pulling the trigger on giving DC to Titania. Or I should wait for BK to be confirmed to have a DC weapon.

MicH

So, I need some advice regarding BLyn. I chose her as my free unit but also managed to pull a +ATK -SPD one and I'm not sure if I should merge my neutral one into the +ATK -SPD one. I'm afraid the -SPD is gonna hurt her too much.

I have a 5* Klein ready to be fed to her for Brave Bow+ but haven't done it yet.

Meier

Man, I never really bother with the Tempest Trials in general and especially to level up lower characters but this just flies by.. this double XP and SP is crazy too. Good stuff. Can do a team full of bonus chars which is nice.

Firemind

Why would you give Bike DC? He is either using SB and somewhat good, or he's not using SB and is very bad.
BIke doesn't need DC to counter blues and greens.

So, I need some advice regarding BLyn. I chose her as my free unit but also managed to pull a +ATK -SPD one and I'm not sure if I should merge my neutral one into the +ATK -SPD one. I'm afraid the -SPD is gonna hurt her too much.

I have a 5* Klein ready to be fed to her for Brave Bow+ but haven't done it yet.
-spd doesn't really matter because you're not supposed to let anyone engage BLyn on your enemy's phase.

Meier

This is the best I've ever done. Nino did a lot of the heavy lifting and killed 90% of the units though.

I guess I must have had a 3* Nino and turned her into feathers or something because I don't have her any more (but she's unlocked in my catalog). DOH! I saw on the Gamepedia Tier list that she is apparently the best green tome user in the game..woops.

I guess I must have had a 3* Nino and turned her into feathers or something because I don't any more. DOH! I saw on the Gamepedia Tier list that she is apparently the best green tome user in the game..woops.
Nino is an awesome unit and being a native bladetome user is a huge plus. Mine is honestly a pretty common build except she's neutral IVs.

Sterok

I was getting bored of Tharja/Ephraim/Hector/Priscilla in TT since the former 3 are my arena core. So now I'm running Reinhardt/BLyn/Hector/Priscilla, and it is glorious. Rein and Lyn just tear through the entire map by themselves with sheer awesomeness. Lyn doesn't even have a pony skill to buff Rein, he's just that good. Hector is an actual god who can lure, counter, and kill almost everything if I have trouble approaching. Priscilla makes sure no one has any problems. Hector in the final map is an issue, but Lyn can chip away at him safely, Hector can tank him, and the AI is dumb enough that I can usually nuke them before they swarm me. Perfect scores are easy, and Hector/Lyn is nearly canon.

Top Bottom