• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Sciel

So I will end up with like 60 orbs when CYL ends. Should I go for merges, steady breath/swift sparrow fodders? Should I go for Hector? Sgould I wait until the next banner? Decisions.

I keep telling myself that i will save my orbs for the next banner but I always end up spending them anyways on the CYL banner.

Honestly, I would try to keep the orbs. Spending them now basically just leads to color sniping...which is a one way ticket to disaster usually.

NSESN

I keep telling myself that i will save my orbs for the next banner but I always end up spending them anyways on the CYL banner.

Honestly, I would try to keep the orbs. Spending them now basically just leads to color sniping...which is a one way ticket to disaster usually.

I am thinking the same, but every time I trun the game on it is a temptation.

Cerium

So I will end up with like 60 orbs when CYL ends. Should I go for merges, steady breath/swift sparrow fodders? Should I go for Hector? Sgould I wait until the next banner? Decisions.

I'm probably going to hoard orbs until something catches my eye or Reinhardt gets back on a banner.

However, I am strongly tempted to aim for a Hector since I don't have one and who knows when he'll be back.

Sciel

I am thinking the same, but every time I trun the game on it is a temptation.
I know right!? The temptation is greater than ever.
But hang in there! It's a trap that many (including myself have fallen into). Just remember for everytime you think you will manage to snipe a B.Lyn or B.Ike, you have a 97% chance to get a Bartre/Barst/Beruka or Virion/Wryst/Niles. Not to mention, as you do this, your pity rate goes up and you become more and more tempted to spend, just to "break the pity rate" ;-; .

What I've been trying to do is focus on my existing roster and build up some of the more obscure characters who I've not used before this (Nowi/Maria/Caeda/Titania) in order to stem this temptation >_<.

Golnei

is everyone enjoying their mount breeding

tumblr_ovxlftw7Bg1u48ooqo2_1280.png

tumblr_ovxlftw7Bg1u48ooqo1_1280.png

tumblr_ovz1jh6XeT1u48ooqo1_1280.png

Wiseblade

So this was somewhat accurate?
Pretty much. Olwen needs Horse Emblem buffs to function way more than Rein does, while he's able to perform on a variety of teams.

Olivia is getting courted the everloving hell out of right now, too. They might just end up together...

For me Xander x Cecilia.

Or better Xander and the ReinCounter :v

By the way, my Owen is an -ATK +SPD...

What can I do with her?

My Horse emblem uses Goad and Ward... :z

Sushen

I know right!? The temptation is greater than ever.
But hang in there! It's a trap that many (including myself have fallen into). Just remember for everytime you think you will manage to snipe a B.Lyn or B.Ike, you have a 97% chance to get a Bartre/Barst/Beruka or Virion/Wryst/Niles. Not to mention, as you do this, your pity rate goes up and you become more and more tempted to spend, just to "break the pity rate" ;-; .
To add to this, your rate will be broken by Seth, Rebecca, and the likes, which really happened to me this week. There is rarely a happy ending unless you go all the way with your cash.

BTW barst isn't bad (reposition) but Oboro and Arthur said hello.

Ondore

Got another Brave unit... my second Atk+ Spd- Brave Roy.

That's really pricey Desperation fodder. I guess I can merge him?

PK Gaming

I'm not sure there's much of a point being self-righteous about it when it wasn't exactly presented as a 100% serious pairing. Do you react the same way to images of Wrys/Nowi S-Supports?

Absolutely not, but I think reacting with the archetypal "this thread got way too fucking weird for me" gif over 2 guys kissing is a bit much. I guess the dissonance between how they usually are and how they're presented is kind of weird?

EDIT:

Not every relationship has to be sexually tinted FFS

That's fair.

Sciel

To add to this, your rate will be broken by Seth, Rebecca, and the likes, which really happened to me this week. There is rarely a happy ending unless you go all the way with your cash.

BTW barst isn't bad (reposition) but Oboro and Arthur said hello.

I have nightmares of sniping for blues. You've got brought them all back with that point about Oboro T_T. Also had my streaks broken twice by Lukas (shit IVs) and Catria (shit IVs too!).

OVDRobo

To be fair the S-rank supports in this game leave little room for other interpretation with the wedding chapel-like background. I was caught quite off-guard when my battle bros pair of Hector and Ephraim suddenly starting acting like an anime schoolgirl around her senpai towards each other then walked off-screen blushing and practically holding hands.

Reminds me of the supports in Awakening and how stupid I found the rate at which they escalated:
'I baked you a pie'
'I baked you a pie also'
MARRIED FOR LIFE, PROBABLY HAD A FUTURE CHILD.

Still, they gave stat boosts there and they do here as well so I can tolerate their ridiculousness.

Golnei

To be fair the S-rank supports in this game leave little room for other interpretation with the wedding chapel-like background. I was caught quite off-guard when my battle bros pair of Hector and Ephraim suddenly starting acting like an anime schoolgirl around her senpai towards each other then walked off-screen blushing and practically holding hands.

Reminds me of the supports in Awakening and how stupid I found the rate at which they escalated:
'I baked you a pie'
'I baked you a pie also'
MARRIED FOR LIFE, PROBABLY HAD A FUTURE CHILD.

Still, they gave stat boosts there and they do here as well so I can tolerate their ridiculousness.

It's literally the church from Bridal Blessings. Like the images I posted, I was assuming the universality of having every support end like that was supposed to be funny; rather than seriously depicting the undying romance of your randomly selected chibi sprites - showing characters with no reason to be attracted to or even know each other suddenly getting married is the whole joke.

Think of it like the Hubba Tester spitting out 'head over heels' for random pairings.

I haven't decided how best to pair my Horse Emblem team. No matter what there's an odd unit out and more and more that odd unit out appears to be Camus.

Almost got Innes maxed out on summoner support and he is S rank with Olivia. This unit is crazy, and I love the owl mechanic on his bow. I think I like using him more than Brave Lyn.

spiritfox

I'm still disappointed that supports just amounted to stat boosts. Guess it's too much work to write some lines for every character, but I would like some basic RD style support conversations, or some special ones if you pair characters with backstories together.

Golnei

I'm still disappointed that supports just amounted to stat boosts. Guess it's too much work to write some lines for every character, but I would like some basically RD style support conversations, or some special ones if you pair characters with backstories together.

Maybe it'd have been best to separate them into two mechanics - ally supports, and bond conversations. The former would work similarly to supports in the current game - applicable to all units, using the quick generic cutscenes (though ideally using their voice clips as well - which I won't shut up about because it's such a pointless omission).

The latter would have little or no gameplay benefit, but be a reward similar to level cap conversations in that it provides a short scene between two characters. They'd be limited to two or three per character due to the size of the cast, but they'd constantly be growing because every new unit could potentially support with one already in the game. Though that's not going to happen at this point, I'd have preferred that instead of the level cap conversations.

I fully expect some people to write fanfics on the supports. Just due to how rediculous the S rank scene looks lol

That's already happened. Though they're mostly character/summoner.

spiritfox

Maybe it'd have been best to separate them into two mechanics - ally supports, and bond conversations. The former would work similarly to supports in the current game - applicable to all units, using the quick generic cutscenes (though ideally using their voice clips as well - which I won't shut up about because it's such a pointless omission).

The latter would have little or no gameplay benefit, but be a reward similar to level cap conversations in that it provides a short scene between two characters. They'd be limited to two or three per character due to the size of the cast, but they'd constantly be growing because every new unit could potentially support with one already in the game. Though that's not going to happen at this point, I'd have preferred that instead of the level cap conversations.

That's already happened. Though they're mostly character/summoner.

Too bad we already have confessions, cause those would have been perfect for Summoner Supports. Though I shudder to think about the grinding needed to unlock them all.

I prefer using written conversations cause I don't play the game with the sound on, but it'll be nice to reuse some of the voice clips already in the game.

I don't see any issue with them having unique supports or saying things. I mean hell practically every character in Granblue has unique holiday/event things to say to the player character and has special stories for all of them no reason why IS can't do the same with this.

Shinypogs

I've satisfied my urge to pull and save by letting myself pull anytime I'm 15-20 orbs over 200. That way I have a safe chunk for the next really special banner and I can have some regular salt as well.

OVDRobo

It's all fun and games until you have to rub your support partner for points.

My support partner is the same as I used in Fates. I have already rubbed. I have already lost.

I've satisfied my urge to pull and save by letting myself pull anytime I'm 15-20 orbs over 200. That way I have a safe chunk for the next really special banner and I can have some regular salt as well.

This is actually a really good idea. The way I dealt with it was just playing two gacha (three at one point but that was unsustainable and painful) at once so pulls are less spread out. When I start feeling tired of using the same old units in one, usually the other has a new and interesting unit for me to work on. Things get a bit rough if both have ongoing events at the same time but it requires less discipline than not spending any resources when you're looking for something meaningful to do.

Shinypogs

Haha trying to juggle tempest trials and another surprise magnafest in granblue fantasy is killing me. phone is mostly runnign heroes with tempest trial on auto while i use the gbf app on my pc.

I had my pity rate in the summer banner broken twice but stuck with it and sniped Corrin near the end. That was a month long banner though.

I'm up to 4.25% on CYL with only an atk- Linde to show for it on my first pull. If I break the pity rate I'll stop.

I had my pity rate in the summer banner broken twice but stuck with it and sniped Corrin near the end. That was a month long banner though.

I'm up to 4.25% on CYL with only an atk- Linde to show for it on my first pull. If I break the pity rate I'll stop.

Beware of this way of pulling, you might want to stop before you pity rate goes really up.

Tripon

-att Linde is fine, mine is +spd/-att, and it doesn't matter since she kills most units anyway. Especially now that she's has a Blametome + on her.

kswiston

I am experiencing some extreme summon trolling at the moment. I have reset the Tempest Trials gems about 10 times now and have only seen 1-2 green gems total. Fewer than 10 blues as well. Every single pull is 3-5 red or grey gems. I had two that were completely red. I just want a shot at Hector!

I am going to reach the 3.75% pity rate on single gem pulls at this rate....

Eidjinn

Gaf, I need your help again! XD
After reading the wiki, and folowing the tips from 2 users here, I'm finally having fun with the game: finally and truly understood the inherit system and now I'm able to do the first lunatic in the tempest trial (I used to die in the second one, normal...) and I'm finally climbing in the Arena ladder.
Now, I need help again... some sort of north to follow. My units so far:

- Renhardt (+atk;-hp): dire thundre, reposition, luna, deathblow 3, wings of mercy 3, goad cavalry. I will try to get Quickened pulse
- B! Lyn(neutral): (soon to get brave bow+), Reposition, Moonbow, Swif Sparrow 2, Scae's Blessing, Hone Cavalry, Quickened Pulse
- Olivia (+atk; -res)(4*) Ruby Sword+, Dance, Moonbow, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk3
- B! Lucina (+spd; -res): Geirkogul, resposition, moonbow, fury 3, vantage3, drive spd 3

Bench:

- Hector (+res; -spd): Armbands, pivot, bonfire, distant counter vantage 3, panic ploy 3
- Takumi (+atk, -def): only reposition...but trying to get brave bow+, luna and deathblo 3
- Camila (+spd; -res): draw back, iceberg,
- Eirika(+atk; -res): (soon to get Slinglide), Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3, Hone Spd 3

There's still Effie, CordeliaMinerva and Titania to level up. Trying to get move Cavalry units, but that the best units, I think.

So, questions:

1) Is it worth evolving a unit with not the ideal IV?
2) Are the any units that would compliment my units, and I should be aiming? I do know that I'm dire need of Camus and Xander.
3) Is the "spd+1" seal worth getting? I do need to lv up my Selena quite a bit!
4) Is Masked Marth worth rising?
5) Actually, is a healer worth rising? Priscilla and Clarine comes to mind. Any thoughts?
6) Priority should be giving a Brave bow+ to B!Lyn or turn Olivia to 5*?

Thanks, gaf!

Apenheul

I've completed all the Turn Limit quests on Normal and Hard except for Part 5 (the last one). With just 10 hours left to play them I don't think I'll beat the last one.

Top Bottom