• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Strange.

I was gonna try to summon for the Hero banner, but I noticed that on the other Three Banners, it doesn't show the 5 orbs require.

Does that mean I can get one Hero for free?

Kenai

Strange.

I was gonna try to summon for the Hero banner, but I noticed that on the other Three Banners, it doesn't show the 5 orbs require.

Does that mean I can get one Hero for free?

The first single pull from every banner is free. If you continue on that same banner it's 4 orbs on down too.

kswiston

Gaf, I need your help again! XD
After reading the wiki, and folowing the tips from 2 users here, I'm finally having fun with the game: finally and truly understood the inherit system and now I'm able to do the first lunatic in the tempest trial (I used to die in the second one, normal...) and I'm finally climbing in the Arena ladder.
Now, I need help again... some sort of north to follow. My units so far:

- Renhardt (+atk;-hp): dire thundre, reposition, luna, deathblow 3, wings of mercy 3, goad cavalry. I will try to get Quickened pulse
- B! Lyn(neutral): (soon to get brave bow+), Reposition, Moonbow, Swif Sparrow 2, Scae's Blessing, Hone Cavalry, Quickened Pulse
- Olivia (+atk; -res)(4*) Ruby Sword+, Dance, Moonbow, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk3
- B! Lucina (+spd; -res): Geirkogul, resposition, moonbow, fury 3, vantage3, drive spd 3

Bench:

- Hector (+res; -spd): Armbands, pivot, bonfire, distant counter vantage 3, panic ploy 3
- Takumi (+atk, -def): only reposition...but trying to get brave bow+, luna and deathblo 3
- Camila (+spd; -res): draw back, iceberg,
- Eirika(+atk; -res): (soon to get Slinglide), Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3, Hone Spd 3

There's still Effie, CordeliaMinerva and Titania to level up. Trying to get move Cavalry units, but that the best units, I think.

So, questions:

1) Is it worth evolving a unit with not the ideal IV?
2) Are the any units that would compliment my units, and I should be aiming? I do know that I'm dire need of Camus and Xander.
3) Is the "spd+1" seal worth getting? I do need to lv up my Selena quite a bit!
4) Is Masked Marth worth rising?
5) Actually, is a healer worth rising? Priscilla and Clarine comes to mind. Any thoughts?

Thanks, gaf!

1) Yes depending on the unit and the IV. If you get a bane on the unit's critical stat, spending 20k feathers might not be worth it, but for most other combinations there are enough buffs to mitigate any shortcomings. If you are still fairly new to the game, you don't need to worry about extreme min/maxing. Just try to get a team of 20+ level 40s so that you can do some of the chain battles.

2) You will eventually want 4-5 solid teams of characters, with redundancies in most roles, so just aim to build a diverse set of good units. Find one of the wikis online, and focus on units in the top 2-3 tiers.

Xander is a great unit. Camus, I no longer use as much. Between Cecilia and Reinhardt, my horse team can already handle most of his niche. I ended up replacing him with Brave Lyn. Horse teams are pretty flexible though. Just grab a mix of melee and ranged units from the top half of this list: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/cavalry-tier-list. Then make sure you have the hone, fortify, and spur calvary c-skills on each.

3) All of the seals are worth getting IMO. Given how easy it is to level units right now, I'd go for it.

Here's my unit levelling strategy: Pick the unit you want to raise, and then pair them with 1-2 dancers and a healer. If you only have one dancer, include a high level character who can tank or kill units as needed. Pick an appropriate level of the training tower and refresh the opponents until you get a favourable mix of colours (if you are levelling a red melee, you probably want a bunch of green characters and no blue ranged characters for instance). When you get something that looks good, allow the unit you are levelling to get as many kills as possible. Preferably all of them. Your healer will keep their life up. Your dancer can either give the unit a second turn, or the healer a second heal. I find that picking a training tower level that is 3-5 levels higher than the character you are working on is a good optimization between getting more XP per kill, and still being able to kill things easily.

4) Masked Marth is basically a neutral Lucina with no skills besides her sword. She is pretty much always a bonus character in the Tempest Trials, and given how bonus characters now get boosted stats, she is very strong in the trials when you get her skilled up. Mine has 57 atk, 43 spd, 32 def, and 26 res in the trials with Fury 3.

5) I love using healers in the chain battles and tempest trials. They can keep your team alive through most or all of the rounds. I also use healers when leveling characters. I find them of less use in Arena, or during single battles, since those are typically over in 2-3 rounds.

So, questions:

2) Are the any units that would compliment my units, and I should be aiming? I do know that I'm dire need of Camus and Xander.
5) Actually, is a healer worth rising? Priscilla and Clarine comes to mind. Any thoughts?

Thanks, gaf!

1) If the Hero can be summoned at 3* rarity, then I think you can be selective about IVs. If slightly rarer at 4*-5*, then you'll do fine with a spread that doesn't gimp any highly relevant stats.

2) Dancers are always good to have. Ninian is available this month, so you may be able to get her from either the Tempest Trials banner or her upcoming BHB banner.

3) Of course it is. It's the most important stat boosting seal at the moment.

4) Yes.

5) Yes. Priscilla and Clarine are the best common Healers by far. I use them to heal and to buff my other Horse teammates. I have a few infantry healers as well. They're not worth using in regular Arena, but you should still use them for other modes.

Do I merge my second Marth into my first one or should I level the new one up for additional skills for the eventual merge? I already have all the skills I want on my first one.

kswiston

Do I merge my new Marth into my first one or should I level them up for additional skills for the eventual merge? I already have all the skills I want on my first one.

If you don't have any additional skills to get, I would just feed the unit for the +1

Masked Marth is the least difficult decision when it comes to deciding whether a dupe 5-star should be used for a +1 or for skill inheritance. There's nothing to inherit :p

Brave Lyn makes the BHB almost trivial on Infernal.

I did it with Reposition, a dancer, and cavalry buffs (Rein with Fortify and Xander with Hone).

Turn 1: put your dancer as far left as possible, and position BLyn for the cavalry buffs.
Turn 2: use BLyn to kill the ninja. Dance and reposition everyone out of danger.
Turn 3: use BLyn to kill the red cavalry, then dance and kill the blue mage (in this order to utilize Atk Smoke). Again, reposition out of danger.
Turn 4: BLyn can kill Ephraim with a dance. My Rein leaves Eirika with 1 HP sadly, so I maneuver Rein and Xander to protect my dancer and BLyn.

Enemy phase: due to Atk Smoke, even with a Moonbow proc and a double, Eirika can't kill Rein. Xander tanks and kills the green mage.

Turn 5: Finish off Eirika.

Apenheul

So, questions:

6) Priority should be giving a Brave bow+ to B!Lyn or turn Olivia to 5*?

Thanks, gaf!

1) It depends on the unit but if you have a need for the unit then I say go for it. Ideal IVs may even change over time because new skills and seals get added quite regularly, and with the support system you can somewhat compensate for less than ideal IVs.
2) I don't run Horse Emblem but I would recommend Cecilia for your team. As for non-horse units Nino is a great and common green bladetome user.
3) Yes definitely, it's worth leveling up Selena for. I find seals such as Spd+1 invaluable for great hero battles.
4) It depends. Masked Marth is a good red unit and can be a decent healer at the same time. My build is Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Renewal 3, C skill not decided yet. She heals 10hp every other turn and can swap her HP with any ally, Brave Lucina can run a similar build with better results but I see that you gave her an offensive build, so maybe Masked Marth can be a red offensive healer for one of your teams. It just takes a lot of SP so I recommend leveling her up asap (I leveled her up with shards) so she's level 40 and can run tempest trial for double SP.
5) I don't know. I rarely use healers personally and my Masked Marth and Brave Lucina sometimes act as healers.
6) Brave Bow+ for Lyn, Olivia's best skill is dance which she can already do. Promoting her will make her bulkier and hit harder but it won't have the same impact as giving Brave Lyn a Brave Bow+.

If you don't have any additional skills to get, I would just feed the unit for the +1

Masked Marth is the least difficult decision when it comes to deciding whether a dupe 5-star should be used for a +1 or for skill inheritance. There's nothing to inherit :p

Alright. I'll just grind for SP on TT.

The generic support scenes mean nothing and are just simple cute-silly. I S-supported Sully and Bunny Lucina (no regular Lucina yet), as a mother and daughter team, as they are from my last Awakening game.

Anyway, must say, thoroughly enjoying this game more and more overtime. It has actually taken my attention off most newer console games for awhile, though partly due to not having time to sit down for long gaming sessions.

Oh, and I'm beginning to suffer a bit on summoning. Second banner now where the pity rate is building as I'm denied. Think it got to 4% on the summer Nohr banner trying for S Elise but ran out of orbs. Now the current TT banner is being stingy. But the CYL was good to me inbetween.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Finally picked up Brave Lucina after like 180 orbs or so! She's +Atk/-Res though, so I can't really complain. Gonna be interesting to experiment with infantry builds using her and Eirika.

Think I'm going to hold off on trying to snipe Brave Roy though, hopefully I can build up my F2P stash a bit before the Tellius characters come out.

So I have a question GAF. I'm sad. Today I spent my last orbs trying to get BIke and finally got him!... But the problem is his IV which is one of the worst possible: +HP/-ATK. Is it worth of spending time and resources on him? I'm conflicted.

Firemind

Bamboo 竹;248421485 said:
So I have a question GAF. I'm sad. Today I spent my last orbs trying to get BIke and finally got him!... But the problem is his IV which is one of the worst possible: +HP/-ATK. Is it worth of spending time and resources on him? I'm conflicted.
steady breath fodder

I wouldn't worry that much about stats on good units. My +Spd/-Atk Ryoma misses out on kills that he would have scored if he had those additional 3 Atk, but is still useful.

My S.Corrin is +Spd/-Atk has a Blarblade and her buddies Hinoka & Caeda there to buff her. As in she can only beat 28/168 non-SI units with Blarblade and Darting Blow 3 without them but with buffs it can jump up to 157/168. Sure it hampers her flexibility as a my flier mage but at least I have her, right?

SHE HAS 37 ATK! HELP ME, IS!

Sushen

My Olivia has a ton of SP due to being merged at 4*. The ones being merged learn skills first so there are savings there as well.

In contrast, my Ninian is very SP hungry. Thinking about switching out Dance to autobattle TT.
Ninian was a pain to gather SPs since mine is even atk-. I have finished the grinding a couple weeks ago. Now, I'm using her as TT bonus and she's got extra SPs that I don't need any more. I wish this TT was a week or so ago. Oh well, I'm done with leveling her.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The EXP C-Skills are worthless.

I like to use them to power level B tier characters. Not every unit needs a million SP to be Arena Assault Fodder, they just need level 40, and some movement skill.

Olivia is a pain to get SP on though, my main Olivia never gets kills. My secondary ones have a ton of SP though since I only taught them Hone Atk 3. At some point I plan to start merging the 4* ones into a super Oliva.

I'm doing Tempest Trials with some of my least used heroes for some hero merit and Bladetome Ursula is dominating. She even ORKOs Hector when moonbow is active.

PD1JCJr.png

Weebos

Banned
A bad nature IV Leon ruined my CYL pity rate.

I decided to do the rational thing and upgrade my good nature 4 star, make a +1 Leon, and feed him my -SPD Takumi for Close Counter.

I fed Jaffar to Nino for good measure (LD3).

I also finally got around to giving Leo Raourblade.

Eidjinn

1) It depends on the unit but if you have a need for the unit then I say go for it. Ideal IVs may even change over time because new skills and seals get added quite regularly, and with the support system you can somewhat compensate for less than ideal IVs.
2) I don't run Horse Emblem but I would recommend Cecilia for your team. As for non-horse units Nino is a great and common green bladetome user.
3) Yes definitely, it's worth leveling up Selena for. I find seals such as Spd+1 invaluable for great hero battles.
4) It depends. Masked Marth is a good red unit and can be a decent healer at the same time. My build is Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Renewal 3, C skill not decided yet. She heals 10hp every other turn and can swap her HP with any ally, Brave Lucina can run a similar build with better results but I see that you gave her an offensive build, so maybe Masked Marth can be a red offensive healer for one of your teams. It just takes a lot of SP so I recommend leveling her up asap (I leveled her up with shards) so she's level 40 and can run tempest trial for double SP.
5) I don't know. I rarely use healers personally and my Masked Marth and Brave Lucina sometimes act as healers.
6) Brave Bow+ for Lyn, Olivia's best skill is dance which she can already do. Promoting her will make her bulkier and hit harder but it won't have the same impact as giving Brave Lyn a Brave Bow+.

Apenheul, is the "compensation" that you are talking about the "merge same units" thing?
I was reading a little bit about shit system, and am I correct in thinking that maybe IV will not the as impactful as before, given that you can earn several points through merge?

1) If the Hero can be summoned at 3* rarity, then I think you can be selective about IVs. If slightly rarer at 4*-5*, then you'll do fine with a spread that doesn't gimp any highly relevant stats.

2) Dancers are always good to have. Ninian is available this month, so you may be able to get her from either the Tempest Trials banner or her upcoming BHB banner.

3) Of course it is. It's the most important stat boosting seal at the moment.

4) Yes.

5) Yes. Priscilla and Clarine are the best common Healers by far. I use them to heal and to buff my other Horse teammates. I have a few infantry healers as well. They're not worth using in regular Arena, but you should still use them for other modes.

I'll probably level up at least one. Actually, I discovered that I have a Lachesis, but I'm searching for a mounted healer,
Or... I'll probably try to get the 5* Masked Marth and I'll raise her to be a pseudo healer. I quite liked that build.

1) Yes depending on the unit and the IV. If you get a bane on the unit's critical stat, spending 20k feathers might not be worth it, but for most other combinations there are enough buffs to mitigate any shortcomings. If you are still fairly new to the game, you don't need to worry about extreme min/maxing. Just try to get a team of 20+ level 40s so that you can do some of the chain battles.

2) You will eventually want 4-5 solid teams of characters, with redundancies in most roles, so just aim to build a diverse set of good units. Find one of the wikis online, and focus on units in the top 2-3 tiers.

Xander is a great unit. Camus, I no longer use as much. Between Cecilia and Reinhardt, my horse team can already handle most of his niche. I ended up replacing him with Brave Lyn. Horse teams are pretty flexible though. Just grab a mix of melee and ranged units from the top half of this list: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/cavalry-tier-list. Then make sure you have the hone, fortify, and spur calvary c-skills on each.

3) All of the seals are worth getting IMO. Given how easy it is to level units right now, I'd go for it.

Here's my unit levelling strategy: Pick the unit you want to raise, and then pair them with 1-2 dancers and a healer. If you only have one dancer, include a high level character who can tank or kill units as needed. Pick an appropriate level of the training tower and refresh the opponents until you get a favourable mix of colours (if you are levelling a red melee, you probably want a bunch of green characters and no blue ranged characters for instance). When you get something that looks good, allow the unit you are levelling to get as many kills as possible. Preferably all of them. Your healer will keep their life up. Your dancer can either give the unit a second turn, or the healer a second heal. I find that picking a training tower level that is 3-5 levels higher than the character you are working on is a good optimization between getting more XP per kill, and still being able to kill things easily.

4) Masked Marth is basically a neutral Lucina with no skills besides her sword. She is pretty much always a bonus character in the Tempest Trials, and given how bonus characters now get boosted stats, she is very strong in the trials when you get her skilled up. Mine has 57 atk, 43 spd, 32 def, and 26 res in the trials with Fury 3.

5) I love using healers in the chain battles and tempest trials. They can keep your team alive through most or all of the rounds. I also use healers when leveling characters. I find them of less use in Arena, or during single battles, since those are typically over in 2-3 rounds.

kwinston, I was actually doing that way of leveling up my units, being the only difference is that I took all the weapons from the healers, so that they only heal instead of going and attacking (in auto-mode)! It's great that someone is doing the same method as me, so I don't feel like I'm doing xp farm the wrong way, haha!

Thanks for all the great answers!

Okamid3n

Boey is so useful in Arena Assault. I use him against Brave Lyn on a map with a defense tile and he just laughs at her and kills with Ignis.

And then afterwards I'm out of units that can bait brave lyn and counter attack. Maybe I need to build some raven users with all the brave lyns I see in AA...

I'm so reliant on my distant counter units Hector/Ryoma/Xander/Camus/Ike. Having their DC disabled really hurts.

Bonus stats + bonus SP & EXP is awesome. I took Lloyd, Eliwood, and Ursula from 3* 1 to 4* 40 in no time. I'm seriously thinking about promoting at least 1 of them to 5* before this ends.

Sciel

Wow...I just leveled Titania to 40 and she's...quite underwhelming.
She's got fairly balanced stats...but for the most part hits like a paper tissue on most units. 28 base attack at level 40 Jeez. I guess her main role is to act as a mage baiter with Distance Counter on horse emblem?

At their optimum boon/banes, her stat spread actually seems slightly worse than say Caeda who is ranked fairly low on the Tier List. I guess Titania ranking is due to her being a horse unit + green type-ing.

Masked "Marth" is quite a solid and all round good red unit. Really love her sprite animations/art. Made mine a healer (lol) build.

Wiseblade

For me Xander x Cecilia.

Or better Xander and the ReinCounter :v

By the way, my Owen is an -ATK +SPD...

What can I do with her?

My Horse emblem uses Goad and Ward... :z
Your only option with That Olwen is a Blade Tome build. -Atk means using Dire Thunder effectively is near impossible, even with Horse Emblem buffs. She'd attack 4 times and still fail to kill high Res opponents. With a Blade Tome, Olwen will gain an extra 30 damage after Hone & Fortify Cavalry with covers the -Atk Nature. +Speed means Olwen also hits 43 speed, enough to double everything she could want to.

Make the investment, Jagen and Gunter are right there.

Boey is so useful in Arena Assault. I use him against Brave Lyn on a map with a defense tile and he just laughs at her and kills with Ignis.

And then afterwards I'm out of units that can bait brave lyn and counter attack. Maybe I need to build some raven users with all the brave lyns I see in AA...

I'm so reliant on my distant counter units Hector/Ryoma/Xander/Camus/Ike. Having their DC disabled really hurts.

I haven't summoned Boey at any rarity, but I would really like to get one with +ATK.

He appears to be a great Gronnraven user.

Wiseblade

Wow...I just leveled Titania to 40 and she's...quite underwhelming.
She's got fairly balanced stats...but for the most part hits like a paper tissue on most units. 28 base attack at level 40 Jeez. I guess her main role is to act as a mage baiter with Distance Counter on horse emblem?

At their optimum boon/banes, her stat spread actually seems slightly worse than say Caeda who is ranked fairly low on the Tier List. I guess Titania ranking is due to her being a horse unit + green type-ing.

Blue Mages are omnipresent in the current arena. If it's not Reinhardt, it's blade Ursula/S.Corrin or even Linde/Delthea. Beyond that, many people run Green mages like Julia/Sonya/S.Elise to counter them. With Green Tomebreaker and Distant Counter, Titania deals with both groups. She's only good at baiting mages, but she does it really well.

macklelol

Very expensive investment then. Her optimum build seems to be Silver Axe (+) +DC+QR3+Panic Ploy 3. 60k Feathers + 1 Hector @_@.

You can just stick with Emerald Axe+, add DC and G Tomebreaker, and her C is whatever you want it to be. Panic Ploy on a 37 HP unit sounds like a giant waste of a Panic Ploy.

Sciel

You can just stick with Emerald Axe+, add DC and G Tomebreaker, and her C is whatever you want it to be. Panic Ploy on a 37 HP unit sounds like a giant waste of a Panic Ploy.
I wish i could give her DC haha, Haven't even pulled a hector yet. I think Panic Ploy would be okay since most Bladetome Users have <37 hp without a +HP Boon (Nino, Olwen, S.Corrin, S.Elise, Cecilia).

Will probably shelve her for now till i can miraculously pull 2 Hectors lol.

Busaiku

I have every single Tellius character with good IVs (except Mist), but I already have 9999 on them...
Very expensive investment then. Her optimum build seems to be Silver Axe (+) +DC+QR3+Panic Ploy 3. 60k Feathers + 1 Hector @_@.
Emerald Axe+, Distant Counter, Green Tomebreaker, Horse Buff, Attack Ploy Sacred Seal with Iceberg/Glacier and she handles non-red mages and can take on many blue physical units.

Sushen

After getting burnt by Reinhardt + BLyn combo too many times, I've 5* FRobin. She'll join S!Camilla to counter those two. I figured that now is the best time since XP double and TT are running and feathers are raining down as well. MRobin also effectively shuts down archers.

I'm glad I get to use those almost forgotten but useful units.

jnWake

Pulled a Lancina yesterday. +HP/-Att...

I feel both of those IVs shouldn't exist lol, there are so few builds in the game that use either +HP or -Att and they totally destroy most others ;_;

Still, Lancina is good as support so eh, she'll be useful. Hoping we can fix IVs someday tho.

Does anyone here use Cain? I have a 4* version with +SPD/-RES, and it seems like he could actually be useful.

He's basically my only decent Red mounted unit aside from Xander.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Was going for Ninian, but the game didn't give me blue orbs, so I pulled a spare Lyn and Hector instead heh. Guess I need to figure out who to give Distant Counter to.

Top Bottom