• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

how exactly is that done? i've noticed that either dancers will stick with one target and keep dancing them or will just go wander off on their own but haven't figured out what causes both.

You need a decoy on the spot that will attract the dancer. For example, a green unit sticking out for Olivia away from rest of your units. It worked for me most time. Obviously, it's tougher if the dancer is behind other units or in the middle.

Mupod

RIlNifH.png

There we go - hit 40 with only 1 SP short of what I needed. She still has Rally Attack/Fortify Defense, but this is what I'm going to run with my Hector/Linde/Lucina team. If and when I get my dancer/blarblade Linde setup, I can easily swap her to different abilities. I would have preferred Reposition but I don't actually have someone else with it...other than Selena, who I'm not getting rid of just for that.

Don't need arena points anymore so might as well use my swords to practice. First test run was vs a bunny camilla on the volcano map...ok, let's pretend that didn't happen. Second had a +7 Nino that Hector was able to one shot thanks to the +atk Seal, spur attack, and Sharena's buff. Much better. I've noticed this team is fighting super high merged bullshit every round, but if I can pull this off I'll have a much better ranking.

Vena

I wanna get a good IV Shanna. I have a build idea for her, but right now I only have a bad IVs Shanna (-spd/+def... why!?).

Why not check Klein?

Honestly didn't think of Klein. With Darting Blow and seal attack, Klein gets 24 kills and has 2 deaths - Minerva and Hana. He seems to fall between Jeorge and Rebecca. With Life or Death Klein goes 34/6. If you give him an Erika, you can drop Life or Death and get Darting Blow for 34/0. Pretty good actually.

Also looked at Gordin, but he isn't really worth it either. the speed kills him, just like with Faye.

Question: Why are we testing Faye's tanking ability w/ Life or Death on when her Spd is considered unsalvageable?

It was more of a general test of Faye's ability to use the Firesweep Bow + vs other archers. I was going with what did the most damage on offense, then seeing how it holds up on defense, like all of the other archers. I do address other options, since Life and Death is both hard to get, and not always the best choice.

Also, her speed is salvagable, though only if you roll +speed. With hone speed, she hits 32 and the speed + 1 seal puts her at 33, which is an excellent place for not getting doubled. Beyond that, Darting Blow or Life and Death can push her up to work against a few more units.

Vena

Honestly didn't think of Klein. With Darting Blow and seal attack, Klein gets 24 kills and has 2 deaths - Minerva and Hana. He seems to fall between Jeorge and Rebecca. With Life or Death Klein goes 34/6. If you give him an Erika, you can drop Life or Death and get Darting Blow for 34/0. Pretty good actually.

Also looked at Gordin, but he isn't really worth it either. the speed kills him, just like with Faye.

I asked because Klein is generally one of the go-to archers, and he has solid stats all around.

I asked because Klein is generally one of the go-to archers, and he has solid stats all around.

Fair enough. Honestly, I just didn't think of him, since I was originally doing this to see how viable my +speed/-hp Rebecca would be as a Firesweeper and how bad my +hp/-speed Faye was as just about anything.

Vena

When do we think the Zephiel banner is coming up?

Fair enough. Honestly, I just didn't think of him, since I was originally doing this to see how viable my +speed/-hp Rebecca would be as a Firesweeper and how bad my +hp/-speed Faye was as just about anything.

No worries, I was just curious.

Man I really wanna try and make Oboro/Fir somewhat mildly usable to play and experiment with but it would probably take many months to get the feathers and resources to get to that stage.
Any slight chance of character revamps in the far future?

Man I really wanna try and make Oboro/Fir somewhat mildly usable to play and experiment with but it would probably take many months to get the feathers and resources to get to that stage.
Any slight chance of character revamps in the far future?

If by "revamps" you mean "reskins," yes.

Units in gacha games are almost never buffed, only nerfed.

Vena

naw I ran the numbers and she kills more people with +attack, +speed lets her double people she'd already kill with the first 2 arrows

Are you taking buffs into account, though? Its good to WCS your own attacks against common Eirika-battery buffs or the like. Hone Speed is very common.

Tripon

lol, I just finished Sophia, Niles and Stahl's part for the Sacred Seals part. I just need to do Subaki's now.

Not looking forward to it. Celilia's was hard enough and I had a 4 star version of her in a previous pull.

Neutral Opponent with no Skill Inheritance (+4 SPD)
+ATK Setsuna
79 wins · 2 losses (Hector and Cecilia) · 38 draws

+SPD Setsuna
73 wins · 2 losses (Hector and Cecilia) · 44 draws

Vena

Is it generally accepted that Sophia is the worst character in the game? Because she definitely feels like it.

I think Sophia is one of the few characters who has a strictly better version of herself in the form of Sanaki who fills the exact same role even without SI.

lt519

Retooled my arena team. Really interested to see how it plays out. I have so many options now and just went through 50k feathers.

Went from Robin(m)/Nino/Eirika/Jaffar to Olivia/Nino/Linde/Nowi.

Everyone has nasty combinations of Triangle Adepts, Desperation, Vantages, Moonbows, Swordbreakers. A little worried about Takumis/Kagero but we'll see how it goes. Put Escutcheon on Nowi for lack of a better special for now. She'd honestly be the first one I pull to put in a bonus character.

5* Roy, Kagero, and Hinoka+2 not even sniffing the B team lineup. It's taken a while, and I've only put in $20, but I'm definitely ready for anything that gets thrown my way. Would love to have an Effie but beggars can't be choosers.

lt519

Damn just ran into Bunny Camilla, Hinoka, Subaki and Minerva flier team in arena. Barely survived, holy shit the whole team was so fast I couldn't double anyone. New team puts me in the 680 range, that's rough.

Vena

Damn just ran into Bunny Camilla, Hinoka, Subaki and Minerva flier team in arena. Barely survived, holy shit the whole team was so fast I couldn't double anyone. New team puts me in the 680 range, that's rough.

Welcome to the club.

Make an archer. ;P

lt519

Welcome to the club.

Make an archer. ;P

Been pulling colorless so much lately, can't seem to get lucky on an archer.

I think since I just added skills to all my characters I'm getting matched against equally buffed teams. Running into all sorts of wacky combinations. Makes the game more fun, but scoring perfect runs is going to get super challenging.

Is it generally accepted that Sophia is the worst character in the game? Because she definitely feels like it.

Compared to Sophia, Henry has...
+5 HP | -10 (!!) Atk | +3 Spd | +4 Def | -5 Res

To put that into context, Henry, with his default kit, would have an effective Atk of 40 when he has triangle advantage. RobinM has the same without it.

Sushen

Quick Riposte, Quick Riposte

One thousand times Quick Riposte

It's completely ridiculous on him
Isn't Brash assault the same except the condition is the opposite where it triggers when the HP us low? I need to make sure Quick Riposte is good because I have to sacrifice 5* Leo for it.

Not that I like him much but he is 5*...

Quixzlizx

/\/\
QR2 is fine.

Compared to Sophia, Henry has...
+5 HP | -10 (!!) Atk | +3 Spd | +4 Def | -5 Res

To put that into context, Henry, with his default kit, would have an effective Atk of 40 when he has triangle advantage. RobinM has the same without it.

Somehow Henry is always bullshit when I see him in the Training Tower, though. 40 def, who gives a fuck!

Theosmeo

Are you taking buffs into account, though? Its good to WCS your own attacks against common Eirika-battery buffs or the like. Hone Speed is very common.

Well this is just for my offense team my defense team has Nowi Tiki and Effie and I always get max def instantly. I'd just like to be able to safely defuse some tricky units(lucina) and quadsuna seems like the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom