• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I did a deathless run and I only got 4718. I am using a 4* Olivia however because I don't have Ninian or Azura. Guess I have to promote Olivia at this rate.
Yeah, Olivia is probably next on my list for promotion. I just don't have anyone else I feel like promoting, and I think Olivia can be a decent red with some SI, plus she would work well if I ever decide to make an aggressive team.

I was thinking about putting Triangle Adept 2 and maybe Swordbreaker 2 on mine. It's a cheap way to get a similar effect as Fury 3 + Ruby Sword+ Olivia, since I don't want to spend that much on her. Plus, this way she doesn't waste the Silver Sword+ that she gets at 5*.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So I play this game pretty casually, but I'm kind of absurdly lucky. Averaging 1 5 star every 5pull and this game gives you tons of gems liberally. What team / skills should I focus on for a competitive arena team?

dXiviex.jpg

The team up top is level 40, no additional skills have been inherited. Reinhardt is level 35. Also at what point should I promote units, thinking about tharja or Kagero.

Weebos

Banned
So I play this game pretty casually, but I'm kind of absurdly lucky. Averaging 1 5 star every 5pull and this game gives you tons of gems liberally. What team / skills should I focus on for a competitive arena team?

Lol,

I have spent
$100
and you have more 5*s than I do. Don't be like me kids.

Nowi and Kagero look like good options for upgrades, and I think you can give Nowi some decent skills like Triangle Adept with the 4*s you have.

Vena

He has more 5*... and units... (how many units have I fed to characters at this point?) than I do, and I have dropped 15$ of someone else's money total, haha.

That said, let's see, there's a lot there to work with. What type of team do you want to build? You can build a lot out of what you have!

pelicansurf

He has more 5*... and units... (how many units have I fed to characters at this point?) than I do, and I have dropped 15$ of someone else's money total, haha.

That said, let's see, there's a lot there to work with. What type of team do you want to build? You can build a lot out of what you have!
Lol, I've spent like $20 total, just super lucky. I grind out gems from all the story missions as well. I'm not sure what I want, but I know that my current team kind of gets blown out by full mage comps on arena. So I want to be able to counter that.

Vena

Lol, I've spent like $20 total, just super lucky. I grind out gems from all the story missions as well. I'm not sure what I want, but I know that my current team kind of gets blown out by full mage comps on arena. So I want to be able to counter that.

Well, I'd for one use Reinhardt since he's probably the biggest *screw you, I'm going home* character in the game with only a handful of mages able to survive his onslaught. You also don't have much else for mages right off the bat that I can see.

So, Reinhardt, to start.

Hector and Ninian are a good pocket on the side as they are simply good units regardless and Ninian can make Reinhardt even scarier.

So Hector and Ninian next.

And forth slot for the seasonal unit.

This puts you at 1 Green, 2 Blue, and a rotating color which is pretty solid. Hector can usually counter-kill a lot of mages as well since he can tank a hit and then slap them back with Distant Counter. If the problem is Nino, you can swap around/in Roy or Lyn or Karel to deal with Green Mages. Roy slaps them silly if he has Triangle Adept 3 still in his A-slot but makes him melt to anything else.

Akuun

You're right, that's absurd. Wtf man.

With arena teams, you usually want a 3-man team so that you can swap out the fourth person for someone who gives you a bonus for that season. So coming up with good pairings of characters and then adding a third person to help round out the trio is a good way to go about it.

With good IVs, Reinhardt is an extremely strong attacker, even outside horse-based teams (though he's even stronger with that). Pair him with Ninian and someone with a Hone Attack buff (you can pull this off 4* FCorrin) and he can kill several people in one turn.

Hector is Hector. Move him in to bait people and watch him counter stuff to death.

Marth and Roy are both solid reds.

For promotion, Nowi and Kagero are good candidates if any of them have good IVs. Nowi is like Hector in that she can counterattack everyone to death if you give her Quick Riposte. Kagero is a glass cannon who murders all infantry (which includes dragons), but is not quite as strong a cannon as the -blade mages.

You don't seem to have an Eirika or Ephriam, so making a blade tome team is somewhat less viable, unless you put a bunch of hone/fortify and rally skills on your team. Tharja is a good blade tome user if you want to go that route.

pelicansurf

This is some great info, guys. Thanks!

I'm gonna focus on polishing off Reinhardt to 40, then Kagero and Nowi. Then find out some good skills to get Ninian and Hector to inherit. At what point should I promote them? Level to 40 then promote or just promote them as soon as they're over level 20?

Vena

This is some great info, guys. Thanks!

I'm gonna focus on polishing off Reinhardt to 40, then Kagero and Nowi. Then find out some good skills to get Ninian and Hector to inherit. At what point should I promote them? Level to 40 then promote or just promote them as soon as they're over level 20?

Level them to 40 for the SP, then promote. SP is annoying as hell to grind on a 5*.

Akuun

Make sure to check your Rein's IVs before going with him. You don't want him to be -atk. My 4* Rein is -atk +spd, which is the absolute worst IV you can get with him lol.

As for leveling up, if it's a character you want to use, you typically want to level them as much as you can stomach, then promote.

The main downside of promoting at level 20 is that you lose out on some easy SP gain from level ups, since at level 40 you only gain 3 sp from killing enemies past a certain level. That leads to long SP grinds if your character needs to pick up a lot of skills from SI at level 40. Getting more levels at 4* or lower before you promote eases the SP grind a little.

The team up top is level 40, no additional skills have been inherited. Reinhardt is level 35. Also at what point should I promote units, thinking about tharja or Kagero.

I'm going to assume that's not a -Atk Reinhardt, so I say build a team around Reinhardt. You've got him and Gunter for Hone Cavalry. I'm assuming you've got at minimum a 2* Cecilia somewhere in your roster too that you can raise up to do work. That leaves a red and, well, Stahl might not the best, but he's free like Cecilia and comes with a Ruby Sword so you can be sure he'll do his one job well. 4th unit can be Abel.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
With the right skills, I think a core of Hector + Nowi + a Mage can kill nearly everything, regardless of who the fourth member is. Range counter is just OP when it comes to exploiting enemy AI in the arena.

Akuun

With the right skills, I think a core of Hector + Nowi + a Mage can kill nearly everything, regardless of who the fourth member is. Range counter is just OP when it comes to exploiting enemy AI in the arena.
Yep. I'm trying to build a team of Ryoma + Nowi + MRobin that revolves around ranged counter.

Also how do I check IVs?

I followed this link: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/reinhardt

And my Rein has more attack than the level 40 +atk stat variation (at 35, currently 37atk) and I don't think he has any abilities that raise his strength. So I think something is off.
That's probably his weapon attack being added to his attack stat. You want to subtract his weapon attack from his attack stat.

You can't accurately check IVs for a 5* character unless they're level 1 or level 40 because of randomized stat growth during leveling. So if your Rein is somewhere in between, you'll have to level him to 40 before you can see his IVs.

Mupod

Also how do I check IVs?

I followed this link: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/reinhardt

And my Rein has more attack than the level 40 +atk stat variation (at 35, currently 37atk) and I don't think he has any abilities that raise his strength. So I think something is off.

Remove his weapon and any abilities that modify stats, then compare to http://feheroes.wiki/Reinhardt

There's constantly people in this thread confused by these weird ass IV calculators they found off google, but I've never had a problem comparing to the wiki and it's only gotten better over time.

https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

this is a useful tool and has been accurate in my experience as well.

edit: didn't notice at first but yeah, you need to be level 40 or level 1 to get accurate stats. Rarity 4* and under can get a preview of their level 1 stats of the next highest rarity by going to the promotion screen.

pelicansurf

Got it. Just discovered that my hector and takumi are -atk. My heart is broken. Rein is at 28 atk at level 35 so i need 4 +atks out of 5 or he's - atk and I'll just get 1. Someone hold me.

commish

Got it. Just discovered that my hector and takumi are -atk. My heart is broken. Rein is at 28 atk at level 35 so i need 4 +atks out of 5 or he's - atk and I'll just get 1. Someone hold me.

Pretty much a death sentence for Takumi, but I think Hector still has great value.

I've been getting Lukas (+def) ready for the next 2 weeks of arena. To that end, I've added him to my arena team the last few days, and he is just silly. 50 defense (with buff) just negates everything melee (except dragons of course) and all archers, and he is great for moving around enemy mages since they all target him. Yes, mages eat him alive, but it's easy to keep out of mage range, especially with him being able to move 2 spaces. I gave him bonfire, and since everyone doubles him, it's nearly always up.

Even with +Atk/-def he is silly. I am really enjoying playing with him.

Thinking of running him with Eirika, Nino, Ninian. Though if I can get Blarblade+ on Linde I may run Lukas, Eirika, Linde, Nino. I can't wait to run Linde, Eirika, Nino, Reinhardt on defense.

pelicansurf

Pretty much a death sentence for Takumi, but I think Hector still has great value.
Seems like most of my 5 stars are -atk, feels bad. Karel is +atk/-hp, which seems fine, but a lot of them are not. The others are just half leveled up so I have no clue where they're at.

Roman

Seems like most of my 5 stars are -atk, feels bad. Karel is +atk/-hp, which seems fine, but a lot of them are not. The others are just half leveled up so I have no clue where they're at.

You still have a multitude of S tier units at 4*. Check the natures of Effie, the Tharjas, the Nowis, the Kageros and for good measure the Cherche. If they are level 20+ you can see their 5* level 1 stats in the unlock potential preview.

Akuun

If it makes you feel better, most of my 5* characters are -atk too. That's why I think the IV system in this game is stupid. The 5* roll rate is pretty decent at 3%, but the chances of getting a dud character due to shitty IVs makes the chances of getting a viable 5* much slimmer than it looks.

Off the top of my head, I have the following -atk 5* characters:
- Ryoma
- Hinoka
- Peri
- Ephriam

And these two are -spd.
- Camilla
- Lucina

And I have 13 5* characters in my roster lol.

On the plus side, you have a lot of 5* characters so you can still make a good team. Plus, some characters are still usable even at -atk. I found it pretty funny/sad when I realized that -atk Ryoma still has more atk and roughly equal speed when compared to a +spd Roy.

commish

Even with +Atk/-def he is silly. I am really enjoying playing with him.

Thinking of running him with Eirika, Nino, Ninian. Though if I can get Blarblade+ on Linde I may run Lukas, Eirika, Linde, Nino. I can't wait to run Linde, Eirika, Nino, Reinhardt on defense.

Yeah, I think +def might be overkill. And I think I like that second team a bit better.

What movement skill did you give Lukas? I gave him swap but I'm not sold on it yet. Not that I have a space 225 SP anyway.

Yeah, I think +def might be overkill. And I think I like that second team a bit better.

What movement skill did you give Lukas? I gave him swap but I'm not sold on it yet. Not that I have a space 225 SP anyway.

I inherited swap when I got QR from Subaki but haven't learned it yet. I have liked it on Effie as it allows switching in tighter spaces to protect other characters.

I like the second team as well. Just worried about Arena score. Being able to nuke everything with Nino and Linde sounds awesome and Lukas can protect them from melee.

Edit: I am going to miss Spring Chrom though. Perhaps he will find a home in the new modes when they land.

Akuun

Is anyone else getting less defensive wins this season? I had like 5-6 defenses last week, but this week I only have one defense with the exact same team.

Ninferno

My alt account's 4766 currently ranks at 6187, I'm happy as long as it holds on to top 10K.

And I just finished the final streak on my main at 4772; looks like it's going to be just shy of 5K, but that's ok and I'm calling it a day. I'm absolutely not going to let any more of my brain cells die because of 500 feathers...

Ninferno

Is anyone else getting less defensive wins this season? I had like 5-6 defenses last week, but this week I only have one defense with the exact same team.

Yes, I have fewer defense wins this week too. My main drops from about 20+ per week to about 15 this week; my alt from about 8 ~ 10 to just 5. (Teams highlighted are my defense teams)

The ending of the daily arena quests definitely results in people making fewer attempts.

scy

I like the second team as well. Just worried about Arena score. Being able to nuke everything with Nino and Linde sounds awesome and Lukas can protect them from melee.

I run an all mage group of Sanaki, Linde, Nowi, + Arena Bonus with usually a mage flex option with Julia, Bunny Lucina / Camilla, Reinhardt, etc. available on my alt account. I sit around 4760s on a perfect run (676-686 I want to say on the average rating range). Zero merges or SI done.

Or basically: Any* set of 4x Level 40 5* will get your perfect run to around 4700 after the changes. It takes a lot from there, basically some combination of merging and all the over-budgeted units and SI, to break the 4780-ish barrier. So at worst you'll be in the giant 4760-4780 cluster of ranking so I wouldn't worry about X units causing your score to suffer.

*Someone will show a group that somehow gets 650 per win at best and I'll just frown.

Yes, I have fewer defense wins this week too. My main drops from about 20+ per week to about 15 this week; my alt from about 8 ~ 10 to just 5. (Teams highlighted are my defense teams)

The ending of the daily arena quests definitely results in people making fewer attempts.

That is likely the cause of it for sure.

Thanks for the 4 free orbs, IS. Nice that I could use all those fliers I trained for the last all-flier quest again.

Yeah, same here. My defense wins have always gone up and down from season to season though, no matter what my team is.

Juni_

Maybe people are playing in arena less because of the lack of daily quests or holding onto their dueling crests since we don't get 1 a day now

explodet

All this time off for the holidays, I'm out of stamina for the first time since they upped the cap. Trying to get my last two fliers to a decent level is harsh.

Maybe people are playing in arena less because of the lack of daily quests or holding onto their dueling crests since we don't get 1 a day now

Yeah, no motivation to make at least 6 daily attempts inevitably results in less defense wins for everyone in general

pelicansurf

You still have a multitude of S tier units at 4*. Check the natures of Effie, the Tharjas, the Nowis, the Kageros and for good measure the Cherche. If they are level 20+ you can see their 5* level 1 stats in the unlock potential preview.
This is a good hint. Do you know if they get some stat ups on promotion? I unequipped everything off of Nowi and went to promotion. As a 5 star level 1 she has HP 17 / Atk 6 / Spd 6 / Def 5 / Res 5, which is multiple High IVs.

This is a good hint. Do you know if they get some stat ups on promotion? I unequipped everything off of Nowi and went to promotion. As a 5 star level 1 she has HP 17 / Atk 6 / Spd 6 / Def 5 / Res 5, which is multiple High IVs.

Substract the weapon's might from their attack stat

Alucrid

Banned

you're looking at 4 star not 5 star stats. that's +speed - def

Akuun

Yes, characters get stat boosts when promoted. You need to check IVs at the appropriate rarity.

macklelol

How do people know how many they have when it only counts up to 10? I could have 11 or 923 and I wouldn't know.

I keep track of it? It just pushes the older defenses out of the list when you get over 10. I usually just check to see my arena rank/defense wins once or twice a day, it's not hard to keep track of it (though it is kinda annoying).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom