• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Isn't Brash assault the same except the condition is the opposite where it triggers when the HP us low? I need to make sure Quick Riposte is good because I have to sacrifice 5* Leo for it.

Not that I like him much but he is 5*...

Quick Riposte goes off when you are fighting at the start where most of the blowing up occurs. Waiting for Brash to be within "range" is risky.

champloo

Wow, 4800 arena score puts me in <1500 rank. I've never been ranked this high before the update..

Somehow Henry is always bullshit when I see him in the Training Tower, though. 40 def, who gives a fuck!

Yeah, and he builds up Ignis surprisingly fast, which allows him to deal serious burst damage.

Spectone

So today because the app kept coming up with the 803-3101 communications error I tried the following steps
Killed the app
Deleted the app
Rebooted my iPad
Re-installed the app
Upgraded the app to the latest version
Then ran the app and signed in with my Nintendo account

Only to be faced with error 803-3101

ggx2ac

I didn't expect to get to rank 841 with 4838 points in arena. That was a shock to me considering how I thought things got harder because I was at rank 30k for having 4704 points.

What is the difference between your 4838 team and the 4900 team? Maybe I just need + characters.

New arena units make me sad. Will miss bunny Chrom who turned out to be a great unit. I guess I'll use Sharena or Lukas.

Higher base stat total characters with higher merged levels.

Level 40+4 etc

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/853529266620776448

Alm
Faye
Clair
Lukas
Navarre
Cherche
Setsuna
Virion
Cecilia
Sharena

So maybe they are cycling through Sharena, Alfonse, Anna for bonus heroes for the people that play for free.

champloo

I wonder if BST is still a factor in arena scoring. My team of Selena,Leo,Hector,Effie gives me 4800 and I haven't really SI'ed Leo and Effie, both has two empty slots.

I suppose any team of 5* Lv40s should be able to reach around 4800. Higher score would require merging.

Etria

Since the new rules for Arena matchmaking, my team has been pitted against teams with merged units (again) even though I have none. One example was against a team with a merged Kagero (+3), Ryoma (+something), Camilla (+something), and another unit.
Moreover, my 5* units (Seliph, Nino, Sharena, and Spring Lucina) have no skill inheritance either but have also gone up against teams with full SI, so I don't quite understand how they determine the matchups anymore. Seems to have gotten way harder for me.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Sushen

Quick Riposte goes off when you are fighting at the start where most of the blowing up occurs. Waiting for Brash to be within "range" is risky.
You mean at the start of the match, right? Not each turn.

My dilemma is I have defiant attack which kicks in less than full HP. So, Brash may meximize the effect, but I prefer QR. Probably I need to bite the bullet and grind SP...

Theosmeo

My dilemma is I have defiant attack which kicks in less than full HP. So, Brash may meximize the effect, but I prefer QR. Probably I need to bite the bullet and grind SP...

Defiant works better with vantage or desperation if your're speedy, besides if ephraim is doubleing he probably won't also need defiant attack. Often he can kill in one blow with vantage+defattack. brash assault is too risky/situational to be good, low health QR is just worse QR, unless it was an A skill or a weapon attribute because then it'd pair well with vantage

scy

Did some pulls to make myself feel better: Neutral Lukas, +HP/-ATK Eldigan(?) and guest starring a 4* +DEF/-RES Kagero for one account; 5* -SPD/+RES Catria(???) for the other. Total of around 60 orbs from each spent.

Mostly regret and sadness. Besides the Kagero, the actual exciting pulls were more Vantage, Fury, etc. fodder.

So maybe they are cycling through Sharena, Alfonse, Anna for bonus heroes for the people that play for free.

My understanding is you always have 3 (4 counting the GHB unit) free units per Arena focus since two of them tend to be from the rotating weekly pool of free units (aka, the Virion, Cecilia here).

Since the new rules for Arena matchmaking, my team has been pitted against teams with merged units (again) even though I have none. One example was against a team with a merged Kagero (+3), Ryoma (+something), Camilla (+something), and another unit.

They've decoupled BST from being the sole factor in ranking. That is, lower BST units (aka, Mages, Archers, Cavalry, etc.) have a bonus to how they impact your rating to offset their lower on paper stats while Armored got a hit so most teams of any combination of level 40 5* will be in the same bracket regardless of composition. Merging still seems to be awkwardly calculated at times but since Advanced is aimed at matching you above your rating, it makes sense. Unless you're seeing like total +20 or greater merging with your +0 units. I don't think I've seen too far above total of +10 when using a group of +0s.

If anything, I'd expect most people to face more merged units now than before since there's no BST variance that Advanced had to filter through. Especially for those who had Horse Emblem, Flier Emblem, Mage teams, etc. that sat in the lower points bracket.

champloo

QR2 is usually good enough and Subaki is fairly common.. Saccing a Leo for QR3 is probably not worth it..

The problem with Brash Assault is that it's not very practical to pull off. The only unit I would consider using Brash Assault on is Lyn, who has a Desperation 2 built in her weapon.

Sushen

Defiant works better with vantage or desperation if your're speedy, besides if ephraim is doubleing he probably won't also need defiant attack. Often he can kill in one blow with vantage+defattack. brash assault is too risky/situational to be good, low health QR is just worse QR, unless it was an A skill or a weapon attribute because then it'd pair well with vantage
Since I already have defiant attack, adding Vantage probably is better then... it sounds like going QR requires Fury rather.
So, QR is for units with high attack and slow speed to get double, right?

Vena

Defiants aren't useful because, barring some weird gimmick build like a +11 defense Seliph, you have better stuff to slot in A.

Theosmeo

Yes, as long as they're the same star rating.

It will tell you 40+2 is what you'll get before you merge the 40+1 into the 40.

Oh good, my nowi's nature is suboptimal but better than her other option at the time. Thanks for this info

Since I already have defiant attack, adding Vantage probably is better then... it sounds like going QR requires Fury rather.
So, QR is for units with high attack and slow speed to get double, right?

Yeah it's like a bandaid that rewards tankyness with doubling, but only on enemy phase. QR and vantage are great defensive skills, and the breakers work for both offense and defense. Fury isn't required, but the -blow skills have nothing to do with QR because QR is enemy phase and -blow(and swift sparrow) are player phase

Sushen

What role is he trying to fill? Fury, Triangle Adept, Death/Darting/whatever Blow, etc, it all depends on what you want him to do.
I like death blow except I don't have Klein any more. So, I'm stuck with defiant attack for now. In that case, which would be better, vantage or QR?

Sushen

Yeah it's like a bandaid that rewards tankyness with doubling, but only on enemy phase. QR and vantage are great defensive skills, and the breakers work for both offense and defense. Fury isn't required, but the -blow skills have nothing to do with QR because QR is enemy phase and -blow(and swift sparrow) are player phase
I see. So, with Vantage, you counter first whereas QR let's you follow up enemy attack. Vantage is better then, it sounds.

Theosmeo

Defiants aren't useful because, barring some weird gimmick build like a +11 defense Seliph, you have better stuff to slot in A.

They work great on vantage lyn because her sword as desperation+vantage+7attack

I see. So, with Vantage, you counter first whereas QR let's you follow up enemy attack. Vantage is better then, it sounds.

Vantage is an insane skill, I love it

It really sucks that I won't be getting any Defense wins this week. I thought I wouldn't have to worry after getting them the last three seasons.

My score is 4728, and that is rank 15,639. I won't be summoning for several weeks, so I would be happy to remain in this bracket.

It really sucks that I won't be getting any Defense wins this week. I thought I wouldn't have to worry after getting them the last three seasons.

My score is 4728, and that is rank 15,639. I won't be summoning for several weeks, so I would be happy to remain in this bracket.

The clustering is real, my 4744 score is rank 11552.

Ninferno

Come on IS, you are just trolling me, right? You are trolling me really hard for failing to pull any of Hinoka, Caeda, Minerva, Bunilla , +ATK Cherche, etc.

Well, at least these filer quests do not require deathless so they aren't as unforgiving as the previous training tower quests. Besides maybe the lunatic 9-1 one, others should be pretty easy. I barely managed to do the 15 deathless tower wins quest flier edition back then with Michalis and a bunch of low tier 3 or 4* fliers and I don't have to tell you how much I hated that experience...

Also, this time around, quest requires only one win instead of 10 -15 so it is much less grindy; the payout isn't as great but I will take this "try this for yourself, you may like it" approach over the old "grind like crazy and at the same time, make no mistake" BS any day.

redcrayon

Come on IS, you are just trolling me, right? You are trolling me really hard for failing to pull any of Hinoka, Caeda, Minerva, Bunilla , +ATK Cherche, etc.

Well, at least these filer quests do not require deathless so they are not as unforgiving as the previous training tower quests. Besides maybe the lunatic 9-1 one, others should be pretty easy. I barely managed to do the 15 deathless tower wins quest flier edition back then Michalis and a bunch of low tier 3 or 4* fliers and I don’t have to tell you how much I hated that experience…

Also, this time around, quest requires only one win instead of 10 -15 previous so it is much less grindy; the payout isn't as great but I will take this "try this for yourself, you may like it" approach over the old "grind like crazy and at the same time, make no mistake" BS any day.
Absolutely- when it only requires one survivor and one win you can fly (sorry) through even the last one fairly easily with a single Lights Blessing. It was the 'level 9 training tower, extremely limited force selection, four survivors and 15 wins' that had me tearing my hair out.

redcrayon

While I've always found it amusing that armour units can use pivot to roll over the top of someone like Marie in full plate, last night I had to laugh when, on a lava map, apparently Effie could use it to jump over a flier hovering over a lava space :D

Roman

While I've always found it amusing that armour units can use pivot to roll over the top of someone like Marie in full plate, last night I had to laugh when, on a lava map, apparently Effie could use it to jump over a flier hovering over a lava space :D

If you find that funny take a look at this.

To add to the previous conversation, I've run multiple calculations with Raudrraven+/Triangle Adept 3/Quick Riposte 3 Sophia and she has many favorable matchups against common metagame threats. Her raw stats don't compare badly to Sanaki at all in my opinion, she has significantly more physical bulk while bearing only slightly less resistance and attack (+7HP/-4 Atk/-7 Spd/+11 Def/-5 Res). I'm not saying she's top tier or anything, but with the aforementioned build she can be shockingly effective, mitigating her weaknesses while utilizing her strong stats.

My flier emblem build has kind of peaked until I'm able to pull Hikona or Caeda, so I'm wondering if you guys can recommend any other builds from what I've got.

zpSZWQi.jpg

Mupod

Did a few of the flier quests. Oh my god Caeda sucks so much she couldn't kill Michalis in 9-1, hell she didn't even get him below 75%. And this is with +atk. She's my only flying red and the rest of my fliers do 0 damage to him, so my only options are to level Palla or inherit a ruby sword onto Caeda. I've got a couple Stahls left but I've been meaning to level that Palla a bit, I guess.

my visualization of Reposition is just Selena suplexing people around the map. I sure did that a lot over the last couple weeks, especially leveling Hector.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Only have Catria capable of doing the Flier Quests, so I'm now in the process of levelling up Michalis, Caeda, and Beruka. Other options are Subaki and Est.

Mupod

oh right, forgot I have Michalis. I don't remember getting this guy to 35 but that simplifies things. Between him and Caeda I should be able to deal with 9-1.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Nice to see the flier emblem quests. I already have most of a team that I made for the "clear 10th stratum with fliers" thing a while back.

I better start working on a horse team, since they'll probably introduce horse quests sooner or later.
The clustering is real, my 4744 score is rank 11552.
Yep. 4748 and 11352 here.

I did the flier emblem quests with Camilla, Bunmilla, Minerva, and Hinoka. Bunmilla's IVs aren't ideal (-HP/+Def), so I guess I shouldn't try to slap a Blade tome and Goad Fliers on her, right?

I did the flier emblem quests with Camilla, Bunmilla, Minerva, and Hinoka. Bunmilla's IVs aren't ideal (-HP/+Def), so I guess I shouldn't try to slap a Blade tome and Goad Fliers on her, right?

I think her IVs are fine, but I don't think those four fliers are ideal. Three greens and a blue that isn't Cordelia or Catria isn't a stellar lineup.

I'd swap out Camilla for Palla, Minerva for Cherche, and Hinoka for Cordelia if you get the chance.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm guessing the 4700-4800 range is the final resting place for all those 3-man 5* teams with a 4* level 40 just-barely-useful bonus character. That's my team, anyway.

That's not an ideal IV, but it doesn't sound detrimental either because it's not -atk or -spd. Maybe it's still worth doing since Bunnila is such a unique character and adds so much to a flier team.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've been getting Lukas (+def) ready for the next 2 weeks of arena. To that end, I've added him to my arena team the last few days, and he is just silly. 50 defense (with buff) just negates everything melee (except dragons of course) and all archers, and he is great for moving around enemy mages since they all target him. Yes, mages eat him alive, but it's easy to keep out of mage range, especially with him being able to move 2 spaces. I gave him bonfire, and since everyone doubles him, it's nearly always up.

Firemind

I'm guessing the 4700-4800 range is the final resting place for all those 3-man 5* teams with a 4* level 40 just-barely-useful bonus character. That's my team, anyway.
I did a deathless run and I only got 4718. I am using a 4* Olivia however because I don't have Ninian or Azura. Guess I have to promote Olivia at this rate.

I think her IVs are fine, but I don't think those four fliers are ideal. Three greens and a blue that isn't Cordelia or Catria isn't a stellar lineup.

If you only ever get lucky enough to pull one 5* flying lancer (and I suspect our friend only pulled one), I'd say Hinoka's the best one you could possibly pull. Might be -3 Spd compared to Cordelia and thus not the best of the best at combat, but a) she'll still do fine and b) the real reason you bring Hinoka is Hone Fliers.

Three greens though...Yeah, if you attempt Flier Emblem in arena later, get one of them replaced if you can. lol

I say go for it. Bunilla w/ Gronnblade+ and buffs is the hardest-hitting green mage in the game and -HP/+Def isn't gonna change that. Only gets tied with Cecilia if Bunilla has a -Atk nature. You've also got Hone Fliers already and just need Fortify Fliers from the easier-to-obtain-than-Hinoka Caeda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom