• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

Sick banner... might drop 40 orbs trying to get Hector.... already got 2 Takumi's, Azura and just got Ryoma trying to get Ike yesterday.....

Spoit

Yeah, I'm guessing Tharja is probably going to win. Though Linde might be more meta. Either way, I'm going for Robin, since he's the only one I actually have. (Other than Henry, but fuck henry)

What's that website thingy? Is there any actual benefit for doing it, or can we just sit back and let the japanese players easily hit the milestones?

MANUELF

Banned
Lukas is the gift that keeps giving, he singlehandedly protects choke points in the defense maps, already did 10-1 and 10-4 with him, Olivia, Serra and Kagero in lunatic, only 10-3 is left for me to complete all the missions

Ninferno

For the voting gauntlet, I only have Robin, Henry, Merric, and Tharja in my box. I'm forced to back one of these even when I like the other girls much much more. This is the biggest flaw of these voting gauntlets: you have to vote against your will if you care about feathers and I have to care about feathers because of my constantly abysmal luck in pulls and the fact that feather is the only thing I can rely on in building my team. Dear IS, you are sending the wrong message when you called these "popularity vote".

Rant aside, I still need to come up with a feather-centric strategy here. First of all, I will keep myself far way from the Tharja crowd, at least for the first round. Robin's probably pretty popular too, and lots of people's got him so for the first round, I may back Henry or Merric. Probably Merric because fewer people know who he is. However, I have learned my lesson last time so this time I'm definitely going to wait for a hour or two, see the early results to better gauge the competitiveness levels in different teams before picking sides.

After Merric (or Henry, whoever I pick) is slaughtered, I probably will have to switch to Robin if he pass the first round. I hope he passes the 2nd round as well because in that case I don't have to join Tharja in the final round to face the most serious competition.

Spoit

Oh yeah, were there any postmortems for the beast feather strategy from the last vote gauntlet? I think someone here suggested that it might be best to just dump all your feathers each event to place well in the first 2 rounds? But only in batches of the highest feather count?

scy

Main account missing just Azura (well, Ryoma too but I have an Ike, limited orbs and all). Comes down to Azura vs Ninian and Ryoma vs Ike, I guess? Alternatively, mage banner since basically none them (just Tharja and the dudes nobody cares about them) but I already have a fairly well off Nino setup.

Alt account has all the mages but none of the GW Banner units. But also no pressing want for any of them except Azura so I don't have to use feathers on an Olivia. No idea who to replace in my setup for her, however, since I already run Linde + Nowi almost always.

#firstworldgachaproblems

Oh yeah, were there any postmortems for the beast feather strategy from the last vote gauntlet? I think someone here suggested that it might be best to just dump all your feathers each event to place well in the first 2 rounds? But only in batches of the highest feather count?

Last gauntlet was Minerva all the way, spend enough flags to rank in the top tier you can each round (which was 1k, 5k).

Netted 7900 feathers, not including those for overall rank.

However, the optimal path depends heavily on the rules and the distribution of support, so it's best to wait several hours for things to shake out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm wonder if I would be better off picking Merric round 1, knowing he will lose round 2 (I think he will win round 1 assuming he isn't against Robin), or just pick Robin and roll him the entire way.

champloo

I'm wonder if I would be better off picking Merric round 1, knowing he will lose round 2 (I think he will win round 1 assuming he isn't against Robin), or just pick Robin and roll him the entire way.

I don't think Merric can win against Leo, maybe not even against Henry. I guess we also need to wait till the brackets are out(or are they revealed already?), we could have mage boys vs mage girls in round one.

scy

7 orbs on main account; 12 orbs on alt account.

This is going to be rough.

Are the gold orbs still a thing, or was that just shoddy translations?

It was never a thing, just someone suggesting a way for the 5% to be horrible for the players.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And here I am, cursing the world that I pulled 100ish orbs on the damn Alm banner, and didn't even get Alm, just a Lukas and a second Ephraim (which was sort of nice). Lukas has sucked though, since his Res is super garbage. I can't even run him in Arena.

Did a full 20 orb pull on the new banner just to try my luck and got nothing.

Ok, saving up orbs now, I got more than enough 5*'s to train up atm.

alvis.exe

Yes! Used the last of my stockpiled orbs and finally got Hector with 2 orbs left. Now they just need to release Oswin and I can run a full Ostian team.

Speaking of which, any ideas on how to make Matthew at least somewhat viable? I've been thinking of giving Kagero's weapon to my Atk+/Def- Matt then using either a stock Fury+Desperation build or Life and Death+Renewal to take advantage of his defenses. I suck at coming up with ideas though so any suggestions are welcome!

Well, I opened up my wallet and got some mixed results.

I got 3 5* units with about 100 Orbs. I'm not happy about some of these natures.

+SPD/-HP Ryoma (hell yes!)
+RES/-DEF Hector (meh, but at least he's not -ATK)
+RES/-ATK Lucina (dammit!)

I'm almost broke, so I'll just try my luck again with Orbs from Golden Week + May Quest. This banner is pretty legit!

I wish I didn't summon from that Radiance banner.

casiopao

Well, I opened up my wallet and got some mixed results.

I got 3 5* units with about 100 Orbs. I'm not happy about some of these natures.

+SPD/-HP Ryoma (hell yes!)
+RES/-DEF Hector (meh, but at least he has his attack)
+RES/-ATK Lucina (screw this game!)

Hey at least, u get usable Ryoma and Hector lol.^^ Where is my Hectore here.T_T

Her main purpose is to dance and wreck sword units so thats not bad imo

With this..... i had like unlimited Spear users while only a single Archer. I am never get my own Takumi till the end of my life huh.

Hey at least, u get usable Ryoma and Hector lol.^^ Where is my Hectore here.T_T

With this..... i had like unlimited Spear users while only a single Archer. I am never get my own Takumi till the end of my life huh.

Yeah, the Hector is not really bad. It's only a real problem if he has -ATK.

The Lucina is extremely disappointing, because of how rare she is.

SalvaPot

lol this banner is very tempting, but not spending money for a chance, I don't even like to flip coins.

Also I got Ryoma, Tharja and Lyn trying to get Ike, still no Ike, but I guess I have no right to feel bad.

syncyes

Broke F2P for the first time since launch (when I paid because I just wanted one 5 star, dammit). Got a bunch of new 4 stars and 2 Ryomas (one of which is -HP +ATK!!!!) so I'm pretty pleased :D

...of course that took 80 dollars lmaooo.

I am surprisingly okay with this result, though. The first time I paid I felt instantly guilty.

This is, perhaps, a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom