• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So I'm more of casual player and did my first skill inherit today and out Vantage on Hector. Results are pretty great already... Quite the boost.

I have one more Vantage/LonQ unit and wonder what unit I should put him on between Ryoma and Takumi. Haven't kept up much with the latest meta news but at least early on Takumi was in a higher tier.

Im out of stones after using the 15 I had for Ike. Now I read that Ryoma is actually as good or close to Ike... So would Ike replace Ryoma if I manage to pull him?

Also I asked before... But between Hone Atk and Fury.... Fury is the one that stacks right? Just to be sure before I mess it up.

Last point... What Inherit setup makes sense for a support unit ala Azura? Hector, Ryoma, Takumi and Azura would be my main squad.

Well thanks in advance... And good luck on the current banner... Never been a better time to pull.

Golnei

-RES +HP seems decent for Hector, is +RES -HP workable for Azura? Or does it just not matter much, since she's more support?

So I'm more of casual player and did my first skill inherit today and out Vantage on Hector. Results are pretty great already... Quite the boost.

I have one more Vantage/LonQ unit and wonder what unit I should put him on between Ryoma and Takumi. Haven't kept up much with the latest meta news but at least early on Takumi was in a higher tier.

Im out of stones after using the 15 I had for Ike. Now I read that Ryoma is actually as good or close to Ike... So would Ike replace Ryoma if I manage to pull him?

Also I asked before... But between Hone Atk and Fury.... Fury is the one that stacks right? Just to be sure before I mess it up.

Last point... What Inherit setup makes sense for a support unit ala Azura? Hector, Ryoma, Takumi and Azura would be my main squad.

Well thanks in advance... And good luck on the current banner... Never been a better time to pull.

Practically, Ike and Ryoma are almost interchangeable, and are both together make up the top tier of red sword units at the moment.

Takumi, and archers in general aren't as great since inheritance. Give Ryoma vantage if the option is him or takumi.

champloo

Ryoma is actually viewed as better than Ike, at least for now.

Spur is the one that stacks, Fury is a very different skill..

Well, people like running Wings of Mercy on dancers. I don't have her, but I suppose she doesn't really rely on a specific build, so she is pretty flexible on that front.

_Legacy_

Where the hell did this banner come from? Dammit, I was content with pulling for a while now that I have a +1 Ike! Gotta pull again now for Hector which means dropping some cash, bloody hell.

Dee Dee

Best banner ever. ♡_♡

I already have Takumi with a mediocre IV (+ATK/-SPD has his up and down sides), might pull everything though because Skill inheritance or merging.

Goodbye my 191 orbs, I hardly knew ye.

scy

Really depends a lot on your goals with them. Ryoma is better attacking into things and his SPD does keep him safe against Life and Death (and some Fury) variants of popular builds where Ike eats doubles. On the other hand, QR3 + Luna on Ike lends himself to being a lot better at killing while baiting hits rather than attacking into people.

Usually for dancers you can just stick them somewhere and only use them to tank hits when they have advantage. Wings (or Escape Route) helps in the B slot to move them around the map for dances and I personally like Fury for the added bulk. If you have other Fury users, Wings definitely benefits from that as well.

cw_sasuke

Practically, Ike and Ryoma are almost interchangeable, and are both together make up the top tier of red sword units at the moment.

Takumi, and archers in general aren't as great since inheritance. Give Ryoma vantage if the option is him or takumi.
Thanks, that's good to know. Ryoma stats also seem better than Takumis so I'll go with him instead.

Just to be sure are there other units that benefit even more from Vantage than Takumi, Ryoma/Ike, Hector?

Ryoma is actually viewed as better than Ike, at least for now.

Spur is the one that stacks, Fury is a very different skill..

Well, people like running Wings of Mercy on dancers. I don't have her, but I suppose she doesn't really rely on a specific build, so she is pretty flexible on that front.
Great thanks, so Spur it is. I just remember reading many players inheriting Fury and thought this was the superior buff... Must have misread.

I will check out Wings of Mercy and experiment a bit with Azura. Still haven't had time to max level her and she still needs a lot of SP.

Question about fusing characters

If I have 2 characters at level 40 with one with a lot of SP, if a fuse him, does the recever get the SP remaining ?

_Legacy_

Boom:
AsRqdJy.png

He's +ATK -HP, that's ok right?

Muramasa

If I have 2 characters at level 40 with one with a lot of SP, if a fuse him, does the recever get the SP remaining ?
nope, he only get a specific standard amount. but if you learn skills on char b and fuse him into a, the skills are already learned on a

Boom:

He's +ATK -HP, that's ok right?
thats awesome, just give him hp seal
edit: ah what. give him atk for even more destruction and wings of mercy 3

Ninferno

No. Better spend the SP and learn something before merging; the "learned" status of skills does transfer while merging.

_Legacy_

What the fuck the new banner is amazing.

Jesus Christ.

How can I not pull on that.

Fucking evil IntSys!

My thoughts exactly, I was content with what I had as well. Luckily got a Hector though so now I'm content again, unless another Eirika banner comes along...

Where the hell did this banner come from? Dammit, I was content with pulling for a while now that I have a +1 Ike! Gotta pull again now for Hector which means dropping some cash, bloody hell.

It's really scummy stuff they pulled, and I fell for it like a fool. I purchased lots of Orbs, but I did get 3 5* Heroes. The rates are good.

I'm kind of torn on whether I should go for Takumi or Azura. Shame that the Orbs I spent on Ike's banner gave me junk.

I'm severely lacking good Colorless Heroes, because I am so afraid of getting healers. I'm not joking when the best one is probably +SPD/-HP Setsuna at 3*. I obviously have several at 4*, but they are bad units with no potential. Jakob is my only 5* Colorless, and I dropped him ages ago. Takumi will still be good, along with Kagero, Klein, and Jaffar.

I have a lot of Strong Blue Heroes already, but I want a Blue Dancer! 4* Olivia just can't compare.

Ninferno

After reading so many success stories of "Got Azura/Hector/Ryoma in like less than 20 orbs!", I fell to the trap of illusion (dammit, not again!) and spent 20ish orbs pulling up 2 summon screens and opening non-colorless stones and guess what? No 5* as always; I'm not even surprised. Got a 4* +Atk -Res Reinhardt though (but why didn't I get you from my 80+ orbs in the Nowi-Reinhardt banner then?!), and I'm actually content. See, that's how low my bar is; got to enjoy what you can get. At this rate, I think I will have more 5* that I prompted than pulled. lol

Threw 20 orbs for fun and pulled a 5* Clair +Res/-Spd. How is she again? I don't think I remember seeing much about her when her banner dropped

After reading so many success stories of "Got Azura/Hector/Ryoma in like less than 20 orbs!", I fell to the trap of illusion (dammit, not again!) and spend 20ish orbs pulling up 2 summon screens and opening non-colorless stones and guess what? No 5* as always; I'm not even surprised. Got a 4* +Atk -Res Reinhardt though (but why didn't I get you from my 80+ orbs in the Nowi-Reinhardt then?!), and I'm actually content. Got to enjoy what you can get. At this rate, I think I will have more 5* that I prompted than pulled. lol

You'll definitely get multiple 5* from this one. Whales are going to have a field day with this banner.

_Legacy_

It's really scummy stuff they pulled, and I fell for it like a fool. I purchased lots of Orbs, but I did get 3 5* Heroes. The rates are good.

I'm kind of torn on whether I should go for Takumi or Azura. Shame that the Orbs I spent on Ike's banner gave me junk.

I'm severely lacking good Colorless Heroes, because I am so afraid of getting healers. I'm not joking when the best one is probably +SPD/-HP Setsuna at 3*. I obviously have several at 4*, but they are bad units with no potential. Jakob is my only 5* Colorless, and I dropped him ages ago. Takumi will still be good, along with Kagero, Klein, and Jaffar.

I have a lot of Strong Blue Heroes already, but I want a Blue Dancer! 4* Olivia just can't compare.

Personally, I'd go for a Azura over a Takumi. When this game came out, it was a Takumi-fest but with the rise of mages (Nowi, Julia especially), Takumi gets OHKO'd too often in arena for him to viable, in my opinion. Azura much better for long term and having a blue dancer/singer has been far better, she has default res buff for allies and also deals with reds quite well with the passive on her sword.

Sölf

Of course now, after I burned 140 orbs on the current banner, we get this with Hector and Takumi, both which I would really like to have. >_>

Spoit

After reading so many success stories of "Got Azura/Hector/Ryoma in like less than 20 orbs!", I fell to the trap of illusion (dammit, not again!) and spent 20ish orbs pulling up 2 summon screens and opening non-colorless stones and guess what? No 5* as always; I'm not even surprised. Got a 4* +Atk -Res Reinhardt though (but why didn't I get you from my 80+ orbs in the Nowi-Reinhardt then?!), and I'm actually content. Got to enjoy what you can get. At this rate, I think I will have more 5* that I prompted than pulled. lol

IIRC, the odds are only about a 1/3 chance for a 5* out of a 5-pull

chrono01

200 Orbs, three 5*. Yeah, rate-up my ass. :/

First was Ryoma, which was nice. Second...Raven. Damn Raven. My third, which (no joke) was the last of my 3x orbs, and I got Hector.

Time to check the IV's, but I bet they're poor. They usually are for me.

Ryoma - +DEF, -RES
Raven - Who cares?
Hector - +DEF, -RES (same as Ryoma)

Eh.

Yep, no doubt about this one. Can't wait to enter the arena just to run into +x Azura/Hector/Ryomas and every single enemy having distant/close counter. lol

Oh god I hadn't considered the effect of them being more accessible SI fodder now. I hope most people just merge their Hectors and Takumis.

champloo

200 Orbs, three 5*. Yeah, rate-up my ass. :/

First was Ryoma, which was nice. Second...Raven. Damn Raven. My third, which (no joke) was the last of my 3x orbs, and I got Hector.

Time to check the IV's, but I bet they're poor. They usually are for me.

Ryoma - +DEF, -RES
Raven - Who cares?
Hector - +DEF, -RES (same as Ryoma)

Eh.

That Brave Axe+ on Raven though..

Mupod

Oh my god. I'm not even mad, this is so evil I'm actually impressed.

eGVoB7v.gif

I hadn't done most of the story stuff but I scrounged 20 orbs together. Got a -atk 5* Alm...it's something, I guess? Should be able to get another 20 by Monday if they give us the usual orbs once the monthly stuff rolls over.

Muramasa

After reading so many success stories of "Got Azura/Hector/Ryoma in like less than 20 orbs!", I fell to the trap of illusion (dammit, not again!) and spent 20ish orbs pulling up 2 summon screens and opening non-colorless stones and guess what? No 5* as always; I'm not even surprised. Got a 4* +Atk -Res Reinhardt though (but why didn't I get you from my 80+ orbs in the Nowi-Reinhardt then?!), and I'm actually content. Got to enjoy what you can get. At this rate, I think I will have more 5* that I prompted than pulled. lol
people are more likely to write about great pulls or really bad ones. nowadays i am more keen on pulling good 4* with good ivs than a 5*. With the 4* i can at least work on with feathers to make great 5*.

i wanted azura for my second acc. 65 orbs spent for blue orbs. one time even 5x blue orb pull in one summoning. got only reinhardt 5*-hp +spd. no azura, no other good unit. i will skip this banner on my main. got there ninian, which is imo better than azura.. fortify dragons is just too good with my nowi, fae and corrin. i can get nowi with fury 3 to 39 def and 36 res and fae 34 def 42 res... thats incredible

_Legacy_

For those who have had Hector for a while, what do you find works better on his B slot? For me, it's between Renewal 3 and Vantage 3. Tempted to go Vantage...

Muramasa

For those who have had Hector for a while, what do you find works better on his B slot? For me, it's between Renewal 3 and Vantage 3. Tempted to go Vantage...
wings of mercy will let you get more defensive wins in arena, people cant handle teleporting hector.but vantage 3 seems like a no brainer, synergises well with his weapon (quick riposte 2) .
wings of mercy for offensive hector, vantage for finisher hector

renewal seems like a bad skill for arena. renewal only works well with falchion type chars or pve with healers.

champloo

Vantage Hector owner here. Honestly Vantage rarely comes into play for me, maybe it's because mine is -atk. I would prefer Green Tombbreaker personally.

cw_sasuke

So I put Wing of Mercy on Azura. Any recommendation for a special to inherit? She doesn't learn one so I guess everything would be better than nothing.

Will need to farm some SP though.

chrono01

240 orbs spend on this new banner

Only got Hector

fuck this
The 5% rate-up is a lie. /conspiracy

Honestly, I got the same number of 5* pulling on Ike's banner, for half the orbs. Granted, RNG is RNG, but still. Sorry, though. :(

Any good inheritance fodder, at least?

Ninferno

Check your IV first, if your Hector is not -Atk, you can't go wrong with Vantage 3. I can't count how many times +Atk Vantage Hector saved my ass in the arena.

Muramasa

So I put Wing of Mercy on Azura. Any recommendation for a special to inherit? She doesn't learn one so I guess everything would be better than nothing.

Will need to farm some SP though.
moonbow is the best for her. But personally its a bit of a waste and i wouldnt do it. my ninian never triggered the special.

MutFox

Banned
With 40 orbs I got 5*'s of:
Hector, Takumi, Azura and Camilla...

Not sure of the IV though, will check em out...
Game has been nice to me lately.

F2P so far... :p

240 orbs spend on this new banner

Only got Hector

fuck this

That sucks bad. I remember you having decent results on Ike's banner, but no one should be punished that badly.

I still believe in the rates, and I'm going to summon again on the last day. I had to spend cash, but this is the luckiest I have ever been. Most people will have similar experiences.

_Legacy_

Check your IV first, if your Hector is not -Atk, you can't go wrong with Vantage 3. I can't count how many times +Atk Vantage Hector saved my ass in the arena.

Yeah mine is +ATK - HP, best combo for Vantage I guess. Think that's what I'll do, wings of mercy would be fun but I've never had any problem getting enough defensive wins in arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom