• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it'd be amusing to make another account with this banner. Pulled about 200 orbs so far and only got 1 Hector

I shouldn't have spent any money

Mupod

Vantage on Hector opens up some options but Arena is one shot city so it's not the overwhelming force like it is in training tower etc. It is definitely nice when they are running multiple blues with magic damage, though. I wouldn't say it saves me often because I babysit Hector pretty well, but there isn't much else I'd rather have in the slot. Pivot, Draw Back and Reposition are more than enough to keep him up with my team.

Where it's really amazing is for farming SP. You just punt him into the middle of anything and press end turn a few times.

On the subject of SP, I farmed 600+ for Ike/Linde yesterday. Dammit. Well, I needed it for the arena runs, so whatever.

Ninferno

bought the 48 pack. wew i wanted ryoma but this will do

+atk/-def azura too i can replace my bad iv one :D

Jesus... I have been trying to get one of these two ladies with hundreds and hundreds of orbs to no avail; and now I saw someone pulled them both in one single summon session, along with a Klein who I have also wanted...

Jesus... I have been trying to get one of these two ladies with hundreds and hundreds of orbs to no avail; and now I saw someone pulled them both in one single summon session, along with a Klein who I have also wanted...

Yeah. I'm pretty bummed. Hector, Takumi(both bad IV) and Young Tiki I got from my first few pulls. Since then about 500+ stones later the only other decent gold I've gotten has been Eirika who too is -ATK. I've made it work but my box is abysmal for how much I've pulled. I'll roll all when that new banner is out and probabaly try and reroll an account with hector and Azura and start over again if I get them with decent IV's. I have by far the worst box of all my friends who have played along with me.

Mupod

I'm pretty happy with my main team although even Ninferno hasn't had a streak as bad as me, lol. My main units all have decent IVs, not perfect but good enough.

I used to say I'd be happy with any 5*, I mean I didn't complain about Hawkeye. I dunno what I'm supposed to do with a -atk +res Alm though.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Most bait gacha I have ever woken up to in my 3years of playing mobile games. But I really wanted Azura. Dropped 100 orbs ended up with only Hector. Neutral IVs so can't complain much there.

The mages banner looks really nice too. Somebody at IS finally woke up and proposed the "how to stay in top 5 grossing plan"

Mupod

Yeah Tharja/Linde/Julia/Sanaki is a real good selection. Dude side...not so much. Speaking from the perspective of someone who was stuck with only Robin/Merric as viable units for weeks.

I pulled a perfect 4* Tharja while hunting for Ike so I plan to promote her, and my Linde is already really good so I still think I'll pass on it. But it's nice having multiple units in the gauntlet so I have options on who to support...even though Tharja is gonna win.

Whizkid7

....I pulled Ryoma. In one multi. After I pulled Ike in one multi just a few days ago.

This game is ruining all other gacha games for me because I will never have this kind of luck in any other. Now pardon me while I go buy a lotto ticket.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay got my Ryoma in my second pull. Already have 3 hectors so full stop on this banner.

OVDRobo

Rolled for Hector and Ryoma with 80 orbs.

Got a 5* Lilina. Out of all the characters you give me to troll, you gave me Hector's fucking daughter. Are you kidding, game?

Bonus screwiness: Got the Ike I had been waiting for yesterday and he was -SPD +ATK. Not the worst IV out there with quick riposte, but it's pretty disappointing.

Incredibly happy about the double SP event, at least. Time for some grinding on the characters I do have.

kewlmyc

Hahaha, IS are master business people. Throw down the Ike banner to have everyone spend there stones, then throw down the best banner they've ever made a few days later so people like me end up buying a shit ton of stones.

Arena is going to be hell from now on too, consisting of teams made of nothing but these 4 characters.

Roman

Hahaha, IS are master business people. Throw down the Ike banner to have everyone spend there stones, then throw down the best banner they've ever made a few days later so people like me end up buying a shit ton of stones.

Arena is going to be hell from now on too, consisting of teams made of nothing but these 4 characters.

Pony Emblem Reinhardt welcomes the oncoming Ike/Ryoma surge with open arms.

Scum

Scum: "At last! I hope I can pull a Hector with better IV!"

IS....

raw

Mupod

Funny thing is three of those are non-threatening to me and it's a relief when I see them. Azura is about the same threat level as any dancer, less than Ninian for me because most Ninians I see have ranged counter and are merged out the ass.

I started trying for a perfect run this morning. First match: +5, fully inherited caster Horse Emblem on the bridge map. There was nothing I could do to win that flawlessly, I mean I only lost one unit but it was unavoidable. All you can do is hope that doesn't happen on the 7th fight.

_Legacy_

i may be spending a bunch of resources on what might be a mediocre idea

ec0NJgml.jpg

With the exception of Hector, unless they have a ranged counter, mages will eat them alive. A fully buffed Nino with a dancer will take them all out. I also hope you have pivot or some movement assist on them all...

Busaiku

+Atk, -HP Hector, got 2 total
+Atk, -HP Azura was the best one, got 3
+Speed, -Res Ryoma

100 or so orbs.
Another good banner.

I am getting 5 Stars like crazy.
Got close to 40 with like 550 orbs.

Some fantastic IVs too.
Perfect Ike, Soren, Ryoma, great Titania, Hector, Azura.

Weebos

Banned
Dropped some money on this banner because come on.

Got Alm and Takumi. Takumi is +ATK -SPD though, but still happy to have him.

Syntsui

As someone with a -atk Hector, don't worry about it. He still wrecks everything anyway. I buff his atk sometimes, but he usually doesn't need it.
Got another one with +HP and -RES so everything is fine! Should I fuse them or should I save one for inheritance?

This banner was atrocious to me, it was the first time I spent money and only got two 5* in 260 orbs. Yesterday I've pulled five 5* in 120 religiously saved orbs. It's like the game just teached me an important lesson today.

kewlmyc

Pony Emblem Reinhardt welcomes the oncoming Ike/Ryoma surge with open arms.

Scum: "At last! I hope I can pull a Hector with better IV!"

IS....

raw

Funny thing is three of those are non-threatening to me and it's a relief when I see them. Azura is about the same threat level as any dancer, less than Ninian for me because most Ninians I see have ranged counter and are merged out the ass.

I started trying for a perfect run this morning. First match: +5, fully inherited caster Horse Emblem on the bridge map. There was nothing I could do to win that flawlessly, I mean I only lost one unit but it was unavoidable. All you can do is hope that doesn't happen on the 7th fight.

Yeah, so whales are the only ones (or people with fantactic foresight and/or luck) who will be able to deal with it. Not that I can complain, since I'm Moby Dick at this point in this game.

Alucrid

Banned
With the exception of Hector, unless they have a ranged counter, mages will eat them alive. A fully buffed Nino with a dancer will take them all out. I also hope you have pivot or some movement assist on them all...

they'll all have pivot and if i get lucky and pull another hector from this banner one of them will get that too

i definitely don't want to use hector in my arena team though. just did and went up against a flier emblem team with all +s...

Roman

Yeah, so whales are the only ones (or people with fantactic foresight and/or luck) who will be able to deal with it. Not that I can complain, since I'm Moby Dick at this point in this game.

I don't understand. Reinhardt drops as a 4*. Even if you don't have him you can instead use Blarblade Ursula. A cavalier buffed Cecilia can take care of all of them too.

Scum

Welcome! 🤑

I don't understand. Reinhardt drops as a 4*. Even if you don't have him you can instead use Blarblade Ursula. A cavalier buffed Cecilia can take care of all of them too.
Roman, pls. 4* (Silver)? Ewww. It's about Gold, innit!

StAidan

Got another one with +HP and -RES so everything is fine! Should I fuse them or should I save one for inheritance?

This banner was atrocious to me, it was the first time I spent money and only got two 5* in 260 orbs. Yesterday I've pulled five 5* in 120 religiously saved orbs. It's like the game just teached me an important lesson today.

I'd use the extra one to let someone else inherit Distant Counter personally, Hector is the only unit that has it (inheritable, anyway) and it's an extremely valuable skill.

And yeah, I dropped $80 on the Ike banner and came away with nothing I wanted... and yet this new banner is even more evil and tempting. Ugh.

Bovine

Neo Member
Of course I have barely any orbs after spending them all in the Radiance banner. I'll try to scrounge some up to use at the end, although the female mage banner is just as tempting...

kewlmyc

You mentioned Pony Emblem which usually also includes Leo.

Ignoring him, can a cavalier buffed Cecilia really one shot a Hector?

Regardless, the point I was trying to make was that the average player isn't going to face a team of Hector, Ryoma, Azura, and Takumi and just say "Oh, I'll just go to the workshop and pull out my pony emblem team to take care of this" since I doubt they have all the requirements for making a worthwhile pony team, even if Ursula is free. It probably won't be a problem due to the way Arena works now, but just making an observation.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Still staying F2P. While I have none of those characters in that banner, I'll probably save my orbs.

kswiston

This banner is super tempting. But then I realize that I already have Azura and Takumi, and I just got Ike. So basically, Hector would be the only must have. Maybe I will throw some accumulated orbs at green summons over the next week, but spending money would not be wise.

I spend almost 600 orbs I saved since the launch of the game for the last two banners. 350 for Ike's banner, and 240 for today's banner, here's the results

(Obviously, Nino, Olivia and Sharena are upgraded)

Roman

You mentioned Pony Emblem which usually also includes Leo.

Ignoring him, can a cavalier buffed Cecilia really one shot a Hector?

Regardless, the point I was trying to make was that the average player isn't going to face a team of Hector, Ryoma, Azura, and Takumi and just say "Oh, I'll just go to the workshop and pull out my pony emblem team to take care of this" since I doubt they have all the requirements for making a worthwhile pony team, even if Ursula is free. It probably won't be a problem due to the way Arena works now, but just making an observation.

What? No. Leo sucks. I would never consider him. My team is going to have (red) Xander, Frederick, Reinhardt and Cecilia.

Pony Emblem is still the most F2P friendly movement themed composition, it even works at full 4* - it's just that your score would take a heavy hit. However, if you invest the feathers (which you should have if you've been unlucky pulling) you can destroy the metagame.

And yes Cecilia only needs Hone and Fortify to obliterate even Fury 3 neutral Ike with one hit.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I find it pretty funny how Ike is touted as the strongest hero, but then turns out to be not as good as Ryoma while serving a very similar role.

Then this "Strongest heroes" banner comes out with Ryoma just to rub it in.

Mupod

What? No. Leo sucks. I would never consider him. My team is going to have (red) Xander, Frederick, Reinhardt and Cecilia.

Pony Emblem is still the most F2P friendly movement themed composition, it even works at full 4* - it's just that your score would take a heavy hit. However, if you invest the feathers (which you should have if you've been unlucky pulling) you can destroy the metagame.

And yes Cecilia only needs Hone and Fortify to obliterate even Fury 3 neutral Ike with one hit.

I'd never run Leo but he was an obnoxious member of the horseshit cavalry team I ran into this morning. Linde murdered him but the movement debuff she got was partly why I had to lose Hector.

I mean, I also wouldn't spend tons of time, money and effort creating a team that only exists to troll people on defense. I only need one win. But apparently this is the favorite pastime of a lot of very rich assholes. I sometimes want to finish the matches after losing a character just out of spite.

I find it pretty funny how Ike is touted as the strongest hero, but then turns out to be not as good as Ryoma while serving a very similar role.

Then this "Strongest heroes" banner comes out with Ryoma just to rub it in.

Wait for Ike from the voting gauntlet banner to be so broken that the meta will be basically him and his counters

Nightbird

Spent 20 Bucks, got trolled by a 3-Star Robin, and pulled a 5-Star Tharja with bad IV's.

Is this what a true gacha experience is like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom