• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcheim

I used up all my luck in the Ike banner, and spent like 100+ orbs on the new banner and didn't get the Ryoma I was aiming for.

Int Sys tricked me with their supposed 5% Focus rate. Will try again tomorrow.

Scum

With all those op units with sp bonus running, the arena is going to be nothing short of crazy.
Currently levelling up Nowi, Felicia and FRobin. What a time.

I find it pretty funny how Ike is touted as the strongest hero, but then turns out to be not as good as Ryoma while serving a very similar role.

Then this "Strongest heroes" banner comes out with Ryoma just to rub it in.
It's always been Felicia, anyway.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Currently levelling up Nowi, Felicia and FRobin. What a time.

It's always been Felicia, anyway.
I wish I could find a way to make Felicia work in my team. If I had a lot of feathers and SI fodder, I'd try to make a Team B-Tier with units like ATiki and Felicia just to see if could make it work. I like those characters, but augh.

Spent 20 Bucks, got trolled by a 3-Star Robin, and pulled a 5-Star Tharja with bad IV's.

Is this what a true gacha experience is like?
You got a 5 star something, and that Robin might have good IVs.

The true gacha experience is getting no orbs of the color you want 3 times in a row, finally seeing the orb color you want, and then pulling Odin.

All of my good units have come from free orbs. The times I've bought orbs, I've always gotten all 3-star characters or something.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have to say, though, that, in all my years playing so many gacha games, I mean SO MANY, Nintendo releasing Ike and then this banner a few days later is probably the most greedy move I've seen from a publisher. Nintendo will get a pass because Nintendo could kill someone and people would defend them, and people will say "WELL YOU DON'T HAVE TO ROLL", but it's a pretty lame move. And I say that as someone who is definitely not F2P so I don't mind putting down $20 to try to get Ryoma or whatever.

Weebos

Banned
What is fun about this banner is that the pity chance increases are larger because of the 5% base for focus units. Even the 3% for non-focus units increased by a slightly larger amount.

Nightbird

Nah you missed all the Sophias and Barsts.

I actually did get another Sophia lol

You got a 5 star something, and that Robin might have good IVs.

The true gacha experience is getting no orbs of the color you want 3 times in a row, finally seeing the orb color you want, and then pulling Odin.

All of my good units have come from free orbs. The times I've bought orbs, I've always gotten all 3-star characters or something.

I checked, the Robin has bad IV's.

Also, I did get three blue stones in one session, hoping that I would finally get Azure I did get 2 Subakis and another Shanna. It's a soul-crushing experience, that I'll tell ya!

So the new account I rolled the other day now has Ike (-hp/+Spd), Lucina (-atk/+Res), Neutral Effie, and now Hector (+atk/-def). Also have a 4* Nino who is -atk/+spd which is ok I guess as blade tomes can find ways to compensate for attack.

Still got a lot of free orbs left to acquire but may just sit on them. Guess I love this game enough to role 3 accounts. Why not. Keeps me from spending more and I have 3 devices thanks to my Vizio tv literally having a small android tablet.

Bovine

Neo Member
After thinking rationally, I'm just going to hold off on this banner. Personally, I only like Hector, and my crown jewel is Effie, and I really don't want to carry two armors around. I need to save my units for the characters I really like personally, because to be honest, I don't really need any units for in game play. My next goal is pony emblem anyways, and none of these units help there.

Watch me change my mind stupidly towards the end of the banner and end up with a 5 star Raven or some crap like that.

Scum

I've got Dark Breath, Fury, Seal Res and Threaten Def on my Ninian. Then someone mentioned 'Distant Counter'... 🤔

I have to say, though, that, in all my years playing so many gacha games, I mean SO MANY, Nintendo releasing Ike and then this banner a few days later is probably the most greedy move I've seen from a publisher. Nintendo will get a pass because Nintendo could kill someone and people would defend them, and people will say "WELL YOU DON'T HAVE TO ROLL", but it's a pretty lame move. And I say that as someone who is definitely not F2P so I don't mind putting down $20 to try to get Ryoma or whatever.

Same feeling. I spend on FEH and have been following gachas because I like to see how dirty companies will go. While I enjoy playing them, a part of me is utterly disgusted by some of the practices I see. I was also dumb enough to believe Nintendo/IS would rise up and at least only pull semi-predatory tactics. How wrong I was...

Pejo

Man I really want to pull on this new banner, but I hate rewarding IS for this fucking bait banner with Ike. You know it's planned that way too, because they gave 0 forewarning that there was a special banner coming up until hours before it appeared.

That said, I don't have Ryoma, Hector, or Azura, and the increased rate is good comparitively to what it normally is.

Assholes.

kewlmyc

It is dirty of them, but I do respect the hustle at least.

Whizkid7

....I pulled Ryoma. In one multi. After I pulled Ike in one multi just a few days ago.

This game is ruining all other gacha games for me because I will never have this kind of luck in any other. Now pardon me while I go buy a lotto ticket.

Sweet Jesus I don't know what I did to make this banner & THIS GAME IN GENERAL love me but I just pulled Azura too. That's 3 5* in the space of 2 days, all of them with solid IVs.

I am buying SEVERAL lotto tickets.

B6FtPMt.png

Wowwwww. Both have 26 atk at level 1? That's nuts

Akuun

Oh what the hell. Decided to reroll a new account and got Ryoma on my first try. Fucking gacha. Well he's -Att so lol.
Don't despair. My Ryoma is -atk +res and he kicks ass in arena. I think there was one time he tanked and killed both a red lord and Julia in one enemy phase.

He survived with 1 hp, but still.

kewlmyc

Can't tell which is better:

HP+/Res- Ryoma

or

Res+/HP- Ryoma

Also, I got a Atk+/Spd- Hector. I assume that's the optimal IVs for it?

Akuun

Can't tell which is better:

HP+/Res- Ryoma

or

Res+/HP- Ryoma

Also, I got a Atk+/Spd- Hector. I assume that's the optimal IVs for it?
I would probably go with +res -hp. Ryoma actually could use some res because you want to use Distant Counter to kill green mages, plus you could easily counteract -hp with a +3 hp seal. You can't patch up -res as easily.

redcrayon

I finally put some money down on FEH, after being FTP since launch. Figured that I must have put fifty+ hours into it since launch, and seeing as this banner had all three of the units on my 'most wanted' list (Azura, Ryoma, Hector) since launch too, and with an increased chance to pull, I couldn't see how there could be a better chance to do so. Put £20 down. Walked away with Ryoma and Hector, then pulled Azura with a random pull after clearing up some missions a few hours later. Job done. Makes up for my luck on the previous banners and last 300 orbs, anyway! :D

Hilarious that I must have pulled 3* Arthur at least eight times by now though. Most others I've seen twice at most, although Stahl and Odin seem to crop up a lot for me too.

Brutal to have a banner with new units from Echoes, followed by Ike and co, followed by top tier units though. I wonder what the total number of orb reserves is that has been drained by that combo.

commish

After thinking rationally, I'm just going to hold off on this banner. Personally, I only like Hector, and my crown jewel is Effie, and I really don't want to carry two armors around. I need to save my units for the characters I really like personally, because to be honest, I don't really need any units for in game play. My next goal is pony emblem anyways, and none of these units help there.

Watch me change my mind stupidly towards the end of the banner and end up with a 5 star Raven or some crap like that.

I don't think Hector and Effie perform the same role at all, really. I wouldn't not roll because of that.

kswiston

At least this will keep good red melee units competitive in the meta. We will be seeing Hectors out the ass.

I am totally running Sanaki in Round one of the next tourney. I don't have a Tharja to get the 10% bonus, and no one is going to pick Sanaki. I should be able to place well before she is knocked out.

Mupod

-atk Alm still has a pretty respectable attack stat, huh. Still don't see myself ever using this guy over Lucina but hey why not. Now's the time to level people, especially 5*. Gonna raise this 4* +SPD -HP Tharja while I'm at it.

At least this will keep good red melee units competitive in the meta. We will be seeing Hectors out the ass.

I am totally running Sanaki in Round one of the next tourney. I don't have a Tharja to get the 10% bonus, and no one is going to pick Sanaki. I should be able to place well before she is knocked out.

I'll probably go Linde and switch to Tharja. I just really like obliterating things with my Linde in particular.

hemtae

The 8% base chance for a 5* was too good for me to pass up. Blew the 80ish orbs meant for Celica on this new banner. Got -ATK +SPD Azura, +ATK -SPD Catria, -HP +Def Lachesis

Probably going to shed my F2P skin when the Celica banner arrives

Credo

Well, I went in with the aim of getting Hector. On my 2nd pull, I got Ryoma so that was a nice unintended bonus. Then 130 orbs later, Hector finally popped! Between Ryoma and Hector, I managed to get a 4-star Camilla, 5-star Peri, 5-star Clair, and 5-star Nowi. I have no idea how good Peri, Clair, and Nowi are since I don't keep in touch that closely with the game, but I'll take it! Now I'm down to 50 orbs and doubt I'll pull on anything else for ages.

I find it slightly amusing that had Titania not been in Ike's banner, I would've skipped it like I did Alm's. Then I would've been able to pull whenever I felt like it, since I'd only want Hector (already have him) and Takumi (never liked him) as skill fodder, and none of the mages are must-haves because I already have Linde.

But nope, Titania was in, and now I'm orbless (and Titania-less). Oh well.

Akuun

Well, I went in with the aim of getting Hector. On my 2nd pull, I got Ryoma so that was a nice unintended bonus. Then 130 orbs later, Hector finally popped! Between Ryoma and Hector, I managed to get a 4-star Camilla, 5-star Peri, 5-star Clair, and 5-star Nowi. I have no idea how good Peri, Clair, and Nowi are since I don't keep in touch that closely with the game, but I'll take it! Now I'm down to 50 orbs and doubt I'll pull on anything else for ages.
You have Ryoma, Nowi and Hector? That's a dream team right there if you like to bait people and let them kill themselves on distant counter.

Put Quick Riposte on Ryoma and Nowi, and you have a 3-man team that has hard counters for every unit in the game, and can function at any range. Each of those kills their opposing color in two hits, and QR guarantees that double hit.

ccbfan

LOL got nothing for the first 80ish orbs (Allocated 100ish orbs for this)

Then got 3 5 stars in my final 20 orbs.

Azura +Atk, -HP
Ryoma +Def, -HP
Jakob Neutral

Also got 4 star

Effie -atk + def

Any of these worth maxing? (I'm guessing Azura is good)

commish

You have Ryoma, Nowi and Hector? That's a dream team right there if you like to bait people and let them kill themselves on distant counter.

Put Quick Riposte on Ryoma and Nowi, and you have a 3-man team that has hard counters for every unit in the game, and can function at any range. Each of those can kill everything with weapon advantage and a double hit counter, and QR guarantees that double hit.

I used Hector and Nowi just like that to great effect. I plan to add Ike or Ryoma and will just counter everything.

Akuun

I used Hector and Nowi just like that to great effect. I plan to add Ike or Ryoma and will just counter everything.
I run Ryoma and Nowi for the same reason. I have MRobin around as ranged damage and to hard counter reds. I don't have Hector.

I'd like a green with ranged counter too, but I think a 3-man team like that would be weak to Falchion users that run Swordbreaker, unless Nowi had triangle adept.

Avallon

I spent 27 bucks and pulled 60 orbs. Got nothing.

I uninstalled the game. This is gambling and it's not like it's going to get any better in the future. Glad I only spent maybe 60 bucks total before realizing this.

I'm done with all gacha, regardless of franchise.

_Legacy_

The arena next season is going to be a counter-attack fest.

Not gonna lie, I'm already licking my lips to see how my Ike, Hector, Nowi and Nino perform, all have Pivot except for the latter with Draw Back.

kewlmyc

I spent 27 bucks and pulled 60 orbs. Got nothing.

I uninstalled the game. This is gambling and it's not like it's going to get any better in the future. Glad I only spent maybe 60 bucks total before realizing this.

I'm done with all gacha, regardless of franchise.

Fair enough.

Is there any site to check IVs at 30?
Not sure if I should continue going with Azura of my Olivia is +Speed.

The only way to check them then afaik is to compare your stats with a 40 version of the character and see if any stat is already higher or lower than usual.

commish

IVs of dancers are almost irrelevant imo. Regardless, you can't check the IV of a unit except at level 1 and at level 40, unless such unit can be upgraded (e.g.,a level 20 4-star unit).

Akuun

At less than 5 stars, you can view their level 1 stats in the Promote menu if they're above level 20.

If they're 5 stars though, I think there's no way to check their IVs unless they're level 1 or level 40.

Can't counter if Desperation Nino two-shots you.

Unless you're Ryoma.
I think counter teams are better on offense than defense.

On offense, you can make sure these units don't get buffed or don't end up in range to proc their skills.

Against a defense team, it becomes a game of fighting all those counter units with their unfavorable matchups, which isn't as scary as dealing with a team full of mobile glass cannons and a dancer.

The arena next season is going to be a counter-attack fest.

Not gonna lie, I'm already licking my lips to see how my Ike, Hector, Nowi and Nino perform, all have Pivot except for the latter with Draw Back.

Consider putting Reciprocal Aid or some healing skill on someone so that you can keep units in Quick Riposte range for more than one fight if you're relying on QR to get kills.

Credo

Put Quick Riposte on Ryoma and Nowi, and you have a 3-man team that has hard counters for every unit in the game, and can function at any range. Each of those kills their opposing color in two hits, and QR guarantees that double hit.

Thanks for the tips. I just pulled Ike yesterday, so I was sure he was going to be my red unit going forward, but I had no idea I'd be getting Ryoma today. The highest I can level them up right away is the low 20s so I guess it's time to put in some work in the training tower.

I'd really like to pull for Hector and another Ryoma but I should wait and see who's on the Battling Xander banner...

I wish Nintendo didn't encrypt their update info anymore. I need to know. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom