• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

I hate myself for it, but I bought orbs and got myself a +HP -DEF Ryoma and a neutral Hector. Done spending money on this game though, this banner was a dirty move.

Which dancer is better between Azura and Ninian anyways? I have 2 Ninians, so I didn't want to waste the orbs on Azura unless she's far superior.

elty

So I got 3 Azura and tons of off banner 5* (i.e. nothing good). I am going to cut my lost here since I used up my only Apple gift card.

Of the 3 Azura, one is + SPD / - DEF. That's the one I will keep probably - what should I do with the other 2? Just merge them?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I hate myself for it, but I bought orbs and got myself a +HP -DEF Ryoma and a neutral Hector. Done spending money on this game though, this banner was a dirty move.

Which dancer is better between Azura and Ninian anyways? I have 2 Ninians, so I didn't want to waste the orbs on Azura unless she's far superior.

Interchangeable. I wouldn't roll for her.

Firemind

time to put desperation 3 on kagero
Kagero should already OHKO almost everyone. Desperation is not going to help her against Hector anyway.

I pulled Clair so I'm thinking of giving Kagero Hit and Run. I never make use of Wings of Mercy 3 and apparently it does jack shit for the defense score.

Pejo

Interchangeable. I wouldn't roll for her.

Thanks.

The one thing that was able to make me laugh this morning - I promoted my 4* Reinhardt to have a blue to level with my new guys, and I had never noticed his tiny tiny hands before. I busted out laughing at work. It reminded me a lot of Charlie's uncle in Always Sunny.

Achtius

I'd really like to pull for Hector and another Ryoma but I should wait and see who's on the Battling Xander banner...

I wish Nintendo didn't encrypt their update info anymore. I need to know. D:

Unless it's new heroes, there really nothing better than what's on the current banner and the mage banner. There could be heroes that aren't normally 5* tho

Zeeman

If anyone wants a Marth wallpaper:

jYhdvJq.png

Unless it's new heroes, there really nothing better than what's on the current banner and the mage banner. There could be heroes that aren't normally 5* tho
I don't pull for meta heroes though. I go for my favorites.

I just happen to like Ryoma and Hector. (Already have Ryoma but I wouldn't be opposed to beefing him up even more.)

The 4 stars Effie I got is +atk-Res yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Also is there a guide on skillsets optimization ? I have like 190 characters (only had 50 wednesday) I don't know what to deal with all these stahl and hana

_Legacy_

Consider putting Reciprocal Aid or some healing skill on someone so that you can keep units in Quick Riposte range for more than one fight if you're relying on QR to get kills.

Yeah, waiting until I can afford Aether for Ike first, thank God for the double SP event.

Scum

I'll probably get hated on for saying this, but I don't quite like the idea of IV rerolls. I'd love for more Seals though, and a combo of Seals like DEF/RES +1 ones...

Said screw it collected a Dualshock 4 that was my third anyways and sticks were peeling and traded it in to gamespot with a couple of games and got Hector. +Atk/-def. I'll take it. Going to still go for Ryoma with the the upcoming daily quest and login orbs but I am officially done spending money on this game. Going to be GHB units from now on.

I'll probably get hated on for saying this, but I don't quite like the idea of IV rerolls. I'd love for more Seals though, and a combo of Seals like DEF/RES +1 ones...

I want IV Inheritance in the similar vein as Skill Inheritance. I have so many fodder units with great IVs and a few 5* units that are unusable because of terrible IVs. My +ATK/-RES Ests will finally have value.

Ninferno

Alright, I was bored and also tired of hearing all these great pulls so I said screw it and fired up Nox for some 4-way re-rolling actions. It is pretty good for re-rolling right now that there's a 5 orbs special log-in still going on (not as great as the 20 orbs special log-in at one time, but still decent) so once you finish the two tutorial missions with Anna, you will have 15 + 5 + 2 (daily) = 22 which is enough for a full 5-pull right away. It takes just a few minutes to reach the 5-pull screen each re-roll. With 4 concurrent instances running non-stop for a few hour, I think I have done 100+ re-rolls and seen a few decent pulls. I was like "holy shit that's a great pull" when I saw this screen:

Well, it would have been had their IVs not suck balls... Hector is -Atk, Ryoma is -Spd, and the 4* Nowi is also -Spd. That was so close! I sighed and hit the run script button again...

Countless re-rolls later, I finally got this:

This time around both these guys have decent IVs: Hector is -HP +Atk which is great; Ryoma is -HP, +Res which isn't great, but at least it doesn't suck. I guess I can spend some time with this and see how it goes. Linked a Nintendo account, played a few chapters and made another 5-pull, and...it's another Ryoma. This one sucks though, -Atk so it can only be merged to the main one later, hopefully some Hinatas and Lon'qus show up later so the 2nd Ryoma can help the main Ryoma learn some skills:)

Well, guess I will be running 3 accounts for a while then. Hopefully with all these story chapter orbs, something decent pops up along the way. Got to hurry for the April quests though, I've got like 2 days...

Alucrid

Banned
what specials and c skill do people use on hector? have pivot/distant counter/vantage 3 at the moment and am trying to use him with non armored units at the moment

scy

I can't wait for Xander with pony buffs to make for our 3rd Distant Counter wielder.

what specials and c skill do people use on hector? have pivot/distant counter/vantage 3 at the moment and am trying to use him with non armored units at the moment

I run Bonfire and debating Threaten Defense or Attack.

Ninferno

C skill can be anything that suits you. I think many people will put on buffing skills like Hone/Spur Atk/Spd, whatever that helps the other team members.

For Special, Bonfire is pretty popular which capitalizes on Hector's insane defense. The innate Pavise isn't bad but most people prefer offensive skills than defensive ones. Noontime is another interesting choice which aims to hopefully bringing his HP back above QR2 threshold if Hector is doubled.

elty

1) I want to level up a mage, which is a better option?

Nino
+DEF -ATK
+RES -HP
+ATK -DEF

Robin (M)
+SPD -ATK
+ATK -DEF

2) Is any of these 5* useful?

Beruka unknown IV
Fae ATK DEF
Abel SPD HP
Hawkeye HP ATK
Raven RES DEF
Priscilla RES ATK
Xander RES ATK

Ninferno

1) I want to level up a mage, which is a better option?

Nino
+DEF -ATK
+RES -HP
+ATK -DEF

Robin (M)
+SPD -ATK
+ATK -DEF

2) Is any of these 5* useful?

Beruka unknown IV
Fae ATK DEF
Abel SPD HP
Hawkeye HP ATK
Raven RES DEF
Priscilla RES ATK
Xander RES ATK

How did you get a Xander?? Edit: Oh, you must mean Spring Xander.

Anyway, Nino with +Atk -Def is still pretty good. It's actually the one I'm using right now. Compared to the common +Spd Fury build, you will trade Fury for Darting Blow. You might also want to put on a HP+3 seal to improve her survivability a bit.

Alucrid

Banned
I can't wait for Xander with pony buffs to make for our 3rd Distant Counter wielder.

I run Bonfire and debating Threaten Defense or Attack.

I've got Sol and Threaten Def 3 on my Neutral Hector.

It can be anything that suits you. I think many people will put on buffing skills like Hone/Spur Atk/Spd, whatever that helps the other team members.

Thanks. Bonfire does make sense since it should be up after hector is engaged by an enemy. Lucina has spur atk, sheena has hone speed and rally attack, so i'm not too sure what else to put. another speed buff doesn't seem that necessary, maybe just another spur attack just to have the option or hone def/res to also buff nino if needed or convenient.

Syntsui

Are IVs even officially acknowledged by IS? God, I'm starting to get into the game again but holy shit having to worry about this is annoying.

elty

That list of units just seems to be a bunch of SI fodder (if that for some), really?

My 5* rate was wonderful - 8 5* from 180ish orbs. Unfortunately 5 of the 5* is off banner (to be precise, crappy off banner) while the 3 on banners are all Azura.

At least one of the Azura is +SPD.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Ah, got it. The true answer is just use them all.

You never see many Adult Tikis. I wanna look up some builds for her.
I've tried to think of ways to make ATiki work but I haven't thought of anything great so far.

I have a +def - spd ATiki, so I was thinking something like Defense 3 + Quick Riposte to make her a strong physical tank like Lukas. But the downsides are not quite as much defense (small problem) and weaker typing (big problem).

Tiki's high defense gets marred somewhat by the fact that she gets doubled by everything. While Lukas' defense is high enough to do almost no damage, Tiki takes a bit more. That's not a huge problem, but it does make her a poorer physical tank. The upside is that she has distant counter and magic damage to make up for it.

The typing is a bigger problem. Tiki gets destroyed by Falchions while Lukas is naturally strong to them. More importantly, Tiki gets wrecked by Julia when reds are supposed to counter greens. Even worse, Tiki probably can't even kill Julia easily in melee range because of Julia's high res on defense. What this means is that if Tiki is your only red, your team is automatically weak to Julia unless you have someone else who can fight her instead. The natural solution is to bring another red, but if you had Ryoma or Ike, those two would fill the same function as Tiki and make her almost entirely redundant because they're not weak to Julia and Falchions.

scy

My 5* rate was wonderful - 8 5* from 180ish orbs. Unfortunately 5 of the 5* is off banner (to be precise, crappy off banner) while the 3 on banners are all Azura.

At least one of the Azura is +SPD.

Don't get me wrong, some of that's actually pretty good fodder. DB3 off of Hawkeye (Threaten Attack too but he rank 3's that @4*), Abel has a Brave Lance+, Raven has a Brave Axe+ (and Threaten Defense 3 at 5*), Fae has Draw Back, Renewal, and Threaten Attack. It's the Priscilla and Carrot that are a lot less useful to devour for skills.

But yeah, that's a lot of off-banner 5* :( The worst kind of good luck.

I've tried to think of ways to make ATiki work but I haven't thought of anything great so far.

I have a +def - spd ATiki, so I was thinking something like Defense 3 + Quick Riposte to make her a strong physical tank like Lukas. But the downsides are not quite as much defense (small problem) and weaker typing (big problem).

This is a large part of why I'm looking forward to Xander hitting. If he keeps his datamined statline, he's Lukas with -1 HP, -3 ATK, -1 DEF for +2 SPD. Some of that is Cavalry penalty but he also has a native 16 Mt weapon to offset the lower Attack. Hitting that with pony emblem buffs and the mobility will help him still deal with casters too simply by getting to rush into them. It'll be interesting to try out if nothing else.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Are IVs even officially acknowledged by IS? God, I'm starting to get into the game again but holy shit having to worry about this is annoying.

Honestly, I think they are blown a bit out of proportion around here and on reddit. Most of the time it doesn't matter, and if it does, it's on the margins and only rarely.

Tiki's high defense gets marred somewhat by the fact that she gets doubled by everything. While Lukas' defense is high enough to do almost no damage, Tiki takes a bit more. That's not a huge problem, but it does make her a poorer physical tank. The upside is that she has distant counter and magic damage to make up for it.

The typing is a bigger problem. Tiki gets destroyed by Falchions while Lukas is naturally strong to them. More importantly, Tiki gets wrecked by Julia when reds are supposed to counter greens. Even worse, Tiki probably can't even kill Julia easily in melee range because of Julia's high res on defense. What this means is that if Tiki is your only red, your team is automatically weak to Julia unless you have someone else who can fight her instead. The natural solution is to bring another red, but if you had Ryoma or Ike, those two would fill the same function as Tiki and make her almost entirely redundant because they're not weak to Julia and Falchions.
Poor Tiki. :( Hopefully some future skills will allow her some more flexibility.

I was thinking that she'd be a good bait character against mages (except blues obviously) and archers/ninjas, (besides Kagero) but I forgot about Julia's dragon bonus. She'd still be strong against tanky green melee units but those still aren't that common in the meta.

She's actually pretty disadvantaged. :/

Pejo

Once Hector has Distant Counter unlocked and Pivot learned, GG training tower. I had never realized just how overpowered that cheeky monkey was.

Akuun

Poor Tiki. :( Hopefully some future skills will allow her some more flexibility.

I was thinking that she'd be a good bait character against mages (except blues obviously) and archers/ninjas, (besides Kagero) but I forgot about Julia's dragon bonus. She'd still be strong against tanky green melee units but those still aren't that common in the meta.

She's actually pretty disadvantaged. :/
She really is. It's dumb how ATiki is weaker than YTiki in pretty much every way.

Scum

Very first orb was another Hector :/. I've not used inheritance before but can I sacrifice him for his counter attack from distance ability for someone like Lucina?
Yep. You can give Distant Counter to Lucina. But check his IV first (if you're fussed about that sort of thing) and see what the everyone else in here thinks. I'm still learning about inheritance skills myself. 😃

Mupod

Once Hector has Distant Counter unlocked and Pivot learned, GG training tower. I had never realized just how overpowered that cheeky monkey was.

Vantage Hector was hilariously easy to level and farm SP on. I just punted him into packs of enemies of all types with Smite and let the magic happen.

Ike was actually even easier though. Luna/heavy blade were just instantly ending every single enemy that engaged him.

Muramasa

A Slot: svani shield or one of the other shields. and fortify dragons for +6res/def from ninian and attack buffs. b slot would be vantage or quick riposte.

the cost to run her seems too high and her attack is so low...

Akuun

If we eve get a sacred seal that's the same as Iote's Shield or a dragon version of that skill, I think she'd become a lot more viable.
Yeah, that would work. Funnily enough, her main weakness is that she's a dragon type when dragons are supposed to be strong.

I spent 27 bucks and pulled 60 orbs. Got nothing.

I uninstalled the game. This is gambling and it's not like it's going to get any better in the future. Glad I only spent maybe 60 bucks total before realizing this.

I'm done with all gacha, regardless of franchise.

They are..unless you don't care about money you don't spend money on these games. I played pad for years and only spent what I made on surveys. Maybe once I've actually gotten a unit I was chasing after. Once out of years! F2P is just hoarding free stones and rolling with what you get. Lot of disappointment but still plenty of fun to be had. I could understand not liking the way it's set up though.

PK Gaming

Honestly, I think they are blown a bit out of proportion around here and on reddit. Most of the time it doesn't matter, and if it does, it's on the margins and only rarely.

The only IV that's absolutely ruinous is -Speed on non-armors

I can handle -Atk no prob, but -Speed is just terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom