• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Honestly, I think they are blown a bit out of proportion around here and on reddit. Most of the time it doesn't matter, and if it does, it's on the margins and only rarely.

Speed exists as an outlier since it's this binary +100% Damage Dealt / -50% Damage Taken toggle, basically. It's part of why I was really, really, really hoping they'd do more with the stat duels? More options for specific stat specializations to stand out some to change combat. Besides Specials like Bonfire / Ignis, Iceberg / Glacies, etc. letting them use them offensively (and outside the weapon triangle and mitigation!), anyway.

Yeah, that would work. Funnily enough, her main weakness is that she's a dragon type when dragons are supposed to be strong.

It doesn't help that she's specialized but not even that much better at it than Y. Tiki. Who also has 6 more BST than her anyway.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The only IV that's absolutely ruinous is -Speed on non-armors

I can handle -Atk no prob, but -Speed is just terrible

Okay I will agree with that, in the sense that losing speed can put you within double range of a lot more units, depending on the speed of the unit. I don't mind -attack so much unless it's a glass cannon, like Sir Reinhardt. Otherwise it's no biggie, and certainly not an issue with a stud like Hector.

Muramasa

i think pony emblem will be the f2p way for arena, once xander (red pony hector) and camus (blue horse ryoma) hits.with
2 gunter as a free char you get the buffs. other chars like cecilia or reinhardt you can already get at 3*-4*.

kewlmyc

Starting to wonder if a Hector/Ryoma/Nowi/Takumi team is a good defense team or if it'll be blown the fuck up due to its BST.

Wiseblade

In the 70+ orbs is burned to get Hector, I got a 5* Hawkeye along the way. Is there any reason why I shouldn't feed his Death Blow to Reinhardt? Are there any better candidates?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
When you get old, your body just doesn't work the same way
It must be those three millenia catching up to her. :(

Starting to wonder if a Hector/Ryoma/Nowi/Takumi team is a good defense team or if it'll be blown the fuck up due to its BST.
I think it's better on offense than defense, unless they are built to not be too specialized, and not to rely on counterattacks.

If you're running Vantage/QR a lot, then it's just a matter of the offensive team parking the right unit in front of each of your defending units and waiting, since all of those units are arguably better on defense than on attack.

Roman

In the 70+ orbs is burned to get Hector, I got a 5* Hawkeye along the way. Is there any reason why I shouldn't feed his Death Blow to Reinhardt? Are there any better candidates?

There is 4* Klein if you really want to risk pulling colorless (which might be worth it on this banner).

Syntsui

Honestly, I think they are blown a bit out of proportion around here and on reddit. Most of the time it doesn't matter, and if it does, it's on the margins and only rarely.

There were several occasions, those Grand Challenges specially where I couldn`t clear the map because I was missing the ''correct IVs'' for the characters used. I literally carbon copied a team from reddit and I could'nt finish because I couldn't kill in one hit or I died when I shouldn't. It's a vey huge deal.

Wiseblade

There is 4* Klein if you really want to risk pulling colorless (which might be worth it on this banner).
I don't plan on pulling again until the voting gauntlet (and especially not colorless) and I don't really plan on using Hawkeye when I have Hector, Anna and Minerva. The only question is if there's anything better to give Death Blow to.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't plan on pulling again until the voting gauntlet (and especially not colorless) and I don't really plan on using Hawkeye when I have Hector, Anna and Minerva. The only question is if there's anything better to give Death Blow to.

i guess a kagero if you have her

commish

There were several occasions, those Grand Challenges specially where I couldn`t clear the map because I was missing the ''correct IVs'' for the characters used. I literally carbon copied a team from reddit and I could'nt finish because I couldn't kill in one hit or I died when I shouldn't. It's a vey huge deal.

I find it really hard to believe that you simply could not win because of your IVs. Sure, maybe you couldn't use someone else's exact strategy because they win by 1 HP or whatever, but I'm pretty sure you could have just used a different strategy.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
How are Eirika, Ephraim, and Jakob? I just pulled these but don't know anything about them.
Eirika and Ephriam are both solid units who excel at buffing teammates. Best when paired with a unit who can benefit the most from buffs, like Nino or Tharja.

Jakob is a physically sort of tanky dagger user, but doesn't have anything particularly special going for him. Most ranged units are better than him, though he's okay until you find a different ranged unit that you like.

Falchion

Eirika and Ephriam are both solid units who excel at buffing teammates. Best when paired with a unit who can benefit the most from buffs, like Nino or Tharja.

Jakob is a physically sort of tanky dagger user, but doesn't have anything particularly special going for him. Most ranged units are better than him, though he's okay until you find a different ranged unit that you like.

Ok nice, I'll definitely work on leveling them up. I swear this game is the ultimate troll, once you get a good unit and want something else, it'll just keep throwing the same one at you over and over.

i think pony emblem will be the f2p way for arena, once xander (red pony hector) and camus (blue horse ryoma) hits.with
2 gunter as a free char you get the buffs. other chars like cecilia or reinhardt you can already get at 3*-4*.
Unless Gunter is a personal fav, it's generally thought to be a better idea to transfer his Cavalry buffs to another unit.

If you want a physical green unit, Frederick is hell on wheels/hooves and provides the most brute strength of a any melee Calvary unit. Just keep him away from mages/dragons.

Syntsui

I find it really hard to believe that you simply could not win because of your IVs. Sure, maybe you couldn't use someone else's exact strategy because they win by 1 HP or whatever, but I'm pretty sure you could have just used a different strategy.
No, I couldn't. I literally spent my entire day at that time building up a team and in the end that team couldn't do it because it couldn't sustain the damage like the one used as example.

No other strategy could be developed simply because I wasn't pull happy at that time and didn't have a wide range of characters to use. There was one specific strategy that people on reddit could make some use and I couldn't replicate that because the IVs of my M. Robin was botched. (it was the Ursula challenge I think, now I can do any of them but that is because I've made several pulls with several different characters).

The point stands, IVs can make or break a team.

Credo

I was just about to ask what site I could find IVs on. I'd like to find a site with strategy suggestions, skill inheritance suggestions, etc., and I didn't see one in the first post, so I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me the best one, or ones.

Muramasa

How do you check the IV's?
looking at lvl 1 or lvl 40 stats and compare with http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Main_Page
you need to subtract weapon on the char.

Unless Gunter is a personal fav, it's generally thought to be a better idea to transfer his Cavalry buffs to another unit.

If you want a physical green unit, Frederick is hell on wheels/hooves and provides the most brute strength of a any melee Calvary unit. Just keep him away from mages/dragons.
i have frederick as 5* and a 4* with good iv. i will use him as a brave axe user. pony emblem is awesome if you think about the range and unit choices

Syntsui

I was just about to ask what site I could find IVs on. I'd like to find a site with strategy suggestions, skill inheritance suggestions, etc., and I didn't see one in the first post, so I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me the best one, or ones.
There you go, they pretty much only analyze the relevant units though.

Dee Dee

I spent actual money on orbs in an area of around 4× what I wanted to spend, but ended up with Azura, Hector, another Takumi and 5* Tharja and Lucius (why god why). Ryoma still eludes me, but I have zilch orbs left and am trying to hold on to some shreds of dignity (and money D:). I might save up with quests (May Quests soon) which should allow me a few more red pulls (currently 5,94% for Focus).
I pulled enough spare Lon'qu's to give Vantage to almost everyone, and with Azura replacing Olivia I'll experiment with Tharja in my arena team.

After weeks of Hector nightmares I had recently started deploying 4* Lilina to okay success. So let's see how Tharja fares instead.

Look at this:
DmX6oQb.jpg

Do you want 8 screens of this?
I don't think so.
And then summer bikini banner soon to add insult to injury...

I'll wait with checking the IVs a bit as not to ruin the illusion that I got what I wanted so quickly.

Falchion

Just checked the prices of orbs since I've got some money in my Play account from surveys and it's $20 for 35 orbs which is only 1 complete pull?! Holy shit that's steep!

I think IVs can be worked around for the most part and create some variety in encounters. I've made a -Atk Eirika work. However, speed is a tough mistress when it comes to this. Even mirror matches can be lost completely because of speed, no other stat would have that same level of impact.

I don't ever see IS changing it or allowing people to reroll. They like the revenue it generates and from a gameplay perspective I think they like a wider variety of stats.

My stance on IVs is that all values have an effect on battles, but ATK and SPD are the most dramatic. These two are the values that ultimately judge the effectiveness of Heroes.

I can live with suboptimal IVs, but -SPD is absolutely debilitating for most Heroes. -ATK hurts a lot of Heroes as well.

I don't really mind if I get a Hero with gimped HP, DEF, or RES.

I know it's a game at the end of the day, but getting a rare character with a bad spread always leaves me with some disappointment. I won't feel differently, just because one person is downplaying the importance of stats.

Scum

Alright, Ninferno and many others. Own up! You're up to no good with this lot...

Ryoma + Nowi + Hector + Takumi

...aren't you? 😑

scy

Alright, Ninferno and many others. Own up! You're up to no good with this lot...

...aren't you? 😑

I don't have Ryoma. I do have Ike and can do that comp (or a Nino in place of Takumi too).

Part of the problem np.

Vena

...aren't you? 😑

But why would you run this? MRobin stonewalls two of them completely (and counter-kills Taco), and can tank Nowi for a while. So, like, only Hector is a threat to a single unit and can be dealt with by a bunch of other units.

Scum

What skills should I give to :

Nino
Ike
Sharena
Hector
Kagero
Olivia / Azura
My Hector has Pivot, Bonfire (Just replaced Sol), Distant Counter, Vantage 3 and Threaten Def 3.
Nino has Ardent Sacrifice, Moonbow, Life & Death 3, Desperation 3 and Hone Atk 3.

No doubt others might/will have better choices.

Weebos

Banned
But why would you run this? MRobin stonewalls two of them completely (and counter-kills Taco), and can tank Nowi for a while. So, like, only Hector is a threat to a single unit and can be dealt with by a bunch of other units.

I almost never see Male Robin these days.

commish

This is the wrong mentality. You are not looking to beat all compositions. You just need to win 1, really. If someone has MRobin and counters, good for them, but I bet the next guy won't.

evangd007

LOL got nothing for the first 80ish orbs (Allocated 100ish orbs for this)

Then got 3 5 stars in my final 20 orbs.

Azura +Atk, -HP
Ryoma +Def, -HP
Jakob Neutral

Also got 4 star

Effie -atk + def

Any of these worth maxing? (I'm guessing Azura is good)

That's the best IV for Azura, who is the best dancer in the game. Ryoma is good regardless of nature, and yours isn't bad. Most -hp natures are fine.

Pejo

Is there a skill inheritance planner tool out yet? Something that has all the skills, what they do, and which units have them?

Roman

Is there a skill inheritance planner tool out yet? Something that has all the skills, what they do, and which units have them?

A lot of people simply use Nino Bot, developed by a Reddit user and integrated on many Discord servers, including the one linked in the OP.

It can instantly give you lists of skills, and specifies who learns them at what rarity, and whether they have inheritance restrictions.

Sterok

Nothing but 3* garbage thus far. Aside from a second Erika. Who is +Atk -Res (meant -Atk + Res) just like my current one. What are the odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom