• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Would this abundance of distant counters, which I suspect iS planned it, change the current meta of Julia/Nino/Linde/Azura mage bombers?

I've got mixed feelings about this.

Nah they should have the power to one shot weaker characters and have Desperation to stop the stronger ones. I wonder if the -sweep weapons/skills will become more prominent though.

IceMarker

I wonder if it hurts their orb sales to release more free orbs, considering even getting the heroes you want doesn't even satisfy most people, considering IVs, inheritance, etc.

Would it kill them to just give us free 5-pulls almost every other day ;_;

Vena

I wonder if it hurts their orb sales to release more free orbs, considering even getting the heroes you want doesn't even satisfy most people, considering IVs, inheritance, etc.

Would it kill them to just give us free 5-pulls almost every other day ;_;

The roll of the gamble has a psychological effect on people, it actually will spur/entice further spending from the thrill. This is the basis of many types of gambling 'enabling' moves.

DooD1234

Hey guys question, what are some good skills to pass along Eirika, Tiki(Y), and Julia? With the double SP event, might as well farm SP for some of my max lvl characters.

lt519

They got me to bite on orbs, I have none of these characters and any one of them would greatly improve my arena team. Bought the $27 pack and did three full boards including my free orbs, only 2 4*s and on my last pull I got a dupe Roy. Just not worth it at all, not even good fodder or new units I even care to level up. I really really like this game but they are doing everything they can to not give me anything to do.

alcheim

Hey guys and gals, need some advice. With the new matchmaking in arena, and skill inheritance, I've been struggling to break the 4000 point barrier.

I've got some good units, but haven't been able to grind up SP for skill inheritance to make them viable. Anyway, should I promote a 4* Reindhart to 5* if his IV is +SPD -DEF; or a 4* Sharena to 5*; or should I just hold on to my feathers?

Spoit

Ugh, I spend the past 3 days or so leveling up Donnel and navarre, but none of these strategy videos work for me. Even though this donnel is only neutral attack (I should have really just gone and promoted the 2* full neutral one, instead of grabbing this rolled one), he's still killing the enemy navarre too hard, to let mine clean him up.

And I retroactively regret promoting my Olivia, because her being 4* makes the enemies move unpredictably too. Though now that I pulled the trigger, I might as well go and SI some stuff on her, since she's at like 800 spare SP

linkent

Ugh, I spend the past 3 days or so leveling up Donnel and navarre, but none of these strategy videos work for me. Even though this donnel is only neutral attack (I should have really just gone and promoted the 2* full neutral one, instead of grabbing this rolled one), he's still killing the enemy navarre too hard, to let mine clean him up.

And I retroactively regret promoting my Olivia, because her being 4* makes the enemies move unpredictably too. Though now that I pulled the trigger, I might as well go and SI some stuff on her, since she's at like 800 spare SP

are you using the 4* Donnel?
4* Donnel will cause the enemy to move differently from the video.

Also if you are using 3* Donnel and following MKV. Video, you are supposed to remove Hone Atk from Olivia.

Muramasa

Hey guys and gals, need some advice. With the new matchmaking in arena, and skill inheritance, I've been struggling to break the 4000 point barrier.

I've got some good units, but haven't been able to grind up SP for skill inheritance to make them viable. Anyway, should I promote a 4* Reindhart to 5* if his IV is +SPD -DEF; or a 4* Sharena to 5*; or should I just hold on to my feathers?
reinhart with -def.. you lose 4 defense points and the ability to tank red sword user. at least he will be still a killer with neutral atk.
you need to think about which fits best in your team. sharena is tanky and supportive. reinhardt hits hard, but needs a good team around him to survive.

if you have access to death blow 3 and lancebreaker, go definitely with reinhardt

Spoit

Also if you are using 3* Donnel and following MKV. Video, you are supposed to remove Hone Atk from Olivia.

Yeah, the mkv was the only one that was working. I didn't realize that, that might actually do it. I'll try it again when my stamina gets back

alcheim

reinhart with -def.. you lose 4 defense points and the ability to tank red sword user. at least he will be still a killer with neutral atk.
you need to think about which fits best in your team. sharena is tanky and supportive. reinhardt hits hard, but needs a good team around him to survive.

if you have access to death blow 3 and lancebreaker, go definitely with reinhardt

Thanks for the tip. I'll hold off for now then.

Muramasa

we get 10 orbs and 5000 feathers if the participation at the japanese wallpaper luck drawing is high enough. its at least a bit...

DooD1234

Okay used the last of my orbs on the hero fest banner and it gave me a fucking third Hinoka and Elise. This banner focus percentage is a lie. It gave me Lucina, Julia, Ninian, Hinoka, and Elise and none from the focus unit. I mean I shouldn't be complaining considering some of the 5 stars I got and some of you guys got nothing out of it but I'm not getting any of the focus character like Ryoma and Hector. Monster Hunter Desire Sensor at work full time here.

Just to rub salt into Vena wound, pulled 2 Roy's who is triangle adept fodder :p

Spoit

That did the trick, thanks!

I guess I should probably still go and level up the neutral ones for future guides though

Okay used the last of my orbs on the hero fest banner and it gave me a fucking third Hinoka and Elise. This banner focus percentage is a lie. It gave me Lucina, Julia, Ninian, Hinoka, and Elise and none from the focus unit. I mean I shouldn't be complaining considering some of the 5 stars I got and some of you guys got nothing out of it but I'm not getting any of the focus character like Ryoma and Hector. Monster Hunter Desire Sensor at work full time here.

Just to rub salt into Vena wound, pulled 2 Roy's who is triangle adept fodder :p

You still got several 5*, and you got some great Heroes! Elise is the only actual dud that you summoned.

I know you wanted Hector and Ryoma, but these are good results overall. If you got bad IVs, then I could understand some disappointment. If not, then I view this as a very successful summoning.

I've never pulled Roy at any rarity, so you rubbed salt into my wounds, too.

Roman

Had 6 orbs and rolled, 3 red orbs and no greens, with disappointment I open one of the reds at random:
image.png

Don't want to complain too much because that's pretty crazy but unfortunately it's -Spd/+Def, among the worst if not the worst nature I can think of for him. He's a completely inferior Ike.

I honestly don't even feel like training him up and would rather use Xander.

Muramasa

You still got several 5*, and you got some great Heroes! Elise is the only actual dud that you summoned.

Hey! Elise is awesome. rides on pony (Cavalry buffs) and packs 42atk and 32 spd with assault. together with goad and hone thats 52 atk and 42 spd hitting everything neutral. i love her in pve. and thats a healer!

my 2 accounts start to get fates themed..
first with xander(spring), elise, peri 5*+1 and 5* corrinF
second with ryoma, azura, takumi, sakura and 5* corrinM

fek

First time I have gotten so many defense wins. Already at 20+, and that's coming from a week with no defenses and then a week with 2-3. I wonder if it's really because I gave wings of mercy to Azura or if it's just that my team is getting more matches for some reason. I'm actually thinking it's the latter, because I'm also getting a ton of friend requests and usually I don't get any.

Sushen

Would it be crazy to keep Pavise as special for hp+/atk- Hector? I'm thinking of making my Hector ultimate wall, and want to make sure it's a valid strategy.

I wonder how other atk- Hector users setup theirs.

Mupod

Caved and spent 20 more bucks for the last time, plus 20 orbs from the rest of the story stuff.

+spd -def Azura and a -atk +spd Eldigan...not complaining! But also not spending more money. I'll have enough for at least one more 20 pull with the orbs we get from login and monthly stuff.

All the other red orbs were Sophia though...fuck, where's the Hinatas? I'm not eating this Eldigan just for Fury 3.

First time I have gotten so many defense wins. Already at 20+, and that's coming from a week with no defenses and then a week with 2-3. I wonder if it's really because I gave wings of mercy to Azura or if it's just that my team is getting more matches for some reason. I'm actually thinking it's the latter, because I'm also getting a ton of friend requests and usually I don't get any.

I had 20+ last week and this week I have one with the same team. Wat.

McNum

I haven't gotten any defense wins this season either. Or any friend requests, and I know my friend list isn't full.

Is something broken or did anyone here get a win in the last couple of days?

xequalsy

Decided to spend a bit on this banner. Got the Ryoma I was after (though of course after a full screen of reds turned out to be 3* :p) and a spare Hector.

Not sure what to do with the spare Hector yet - my current one is -hp +res (which is basically null after I put the +hp seal) and the new one is -att +def (yuck). Might merge, though if I think of anyone who particularly could do with distant counter that could be cool too.

I haven't gotten any defense wins this season either. Or any friend requests, and I know my friend list isn't full.

Is something broken or did anyone here get a win in the last couple of days?
No wins here, and only one friend request. But I think people mostly stopped sending friend requests since they already have a full list and friends don't really do anything.

McNum

I suppose with banners containing Ryoma, Hector, Takumi, Azura, and of course Ike, people may just be training units instead of fighting in the arena.

I mean, I've been training up a Reinhardt and using the double SP event to get some skills onto other units, so... I haven't been losing to people either.

Mupod

Everyone's freaking out over the affect the current banner is going to have on arena. Meanwhile here I am up against +atk, merged, death blow 3 reinhardts in every match. People must have gotten a ton of them out of the Zephiel one.

Scum

I've been hoarding far too many characters now, while spending time levelling some of them up. Need to go through them all. This is going to be fun. -_-

Mupod

I've been hoarding far too many characters now, while spending time levelling some of them up. Need to go through them all. This is going to be fun. -_-

I used to maintain a spreadsheet of IVs. But I fell behind on it and it's a lost cause now. I generally check as I get them, and I just heart favorite them if they are better and remove it if not.

I've started having to send home recently as I'm brushing up against the 200 cap and I'm not gonna bother expanding it. I fed a ton of units to Azura so I should be ok for a few more summons.

Scum

I used to maintain a spreadsheet of IVs. But I fell behind on it and it's a lost cause now. I generally check as I get them, and I just heart favorite them if they are better and remove it if not.

I've started having to send home recently as I'm brushing up against the 200 cap and I'm not gonna bother expanding it. I fed a ton of units to Azura so I should be ok for a few more summons.

I'm literally doing up an IV list too as I'm coming close to the 200 cap. :lol
A tidy up is truly needed though. I don't have the heart to keep staring at +DEF -RES Faye and +RES -ATK Rebecca anymore. :V

Ninferno

Everyone's freaking out over the affect the current banner is going to have on arena. Meanwhile here I am up against +atk, merged, death blow 3 reinhardts in every match. People must have gotten a ton of them out of the Zephiel one.

Yep, met my fair share of +Atk DB3 Reinhardts whom I'm en route to making one myself these few days; seriously thinking about slapping on Fortify Res on one of my mains now.

On the bright side, Julia's going to be on the mage voting gauntlet banner, so at least that's some hope to look forward to :) Seriously, the mage girls banner is looking as tempting as the golden week banner to me, besides of course the unusual 5% starting rate the golden week banner has.

Shirosaki

Neo Member
Which Hector would be worth leveling? I have - attack + speed, - defense + resist, + hp and - speed, or + speed - hp. Wasn't able to get a plus attack version.

Which of those would be worth tossing distant counter to Effie and Zephiel? Or would you recommend merging?

Also got 4 Ryoma's, the first three being - speed. Last one was finally plus speed though! Would it be best to merge all 4 of these?

lt519

Ugh I hate being in the 680s in the arena, just faced
a + Ryoma , Nino, Linde, Azura team with all sorts of nasty skills. Wings of Mercy on Linde finished me off when I didn't kill Ryoma in one turn. Then Ryoma danced his way through the rest of my team.

Mupod

Yep, met my fear share of +Atk DB3 Reinhardts whom I'm en route to making one myself these few days; seriously thinking about slapping on Fortify Res on one of my main now.

At least Julia will on the mage voting gauntlet banner, so that's something to look forward to.

I assumed res buffed Hector would handle every Reinhardt possible, and I was correct. But with horse buffs thrown in, I've had some VERY close calls. Once he survived with 2 HP...and he has a +3 HP seal on. I run fortify res on Ike and I've absolutely needed it.

backlot

Which Hector would be worth leveling? I have - attack + speed, - defense + resist, + hp and - speed, or + speed - hp. Wasn't able to get a plus attack version.

Which of those would be worth tossing distant counter to Effie and Zephiel? Or would you recommend merging?

Also got 4 Ryoma's, the first three being - speed. Last one was finally plus speed though! Would it be best to merge all 4 of these?

+HP -speed is pretty good. -Attack +speed is probably among the worst natures you could have gotten for Hector though so if you wanna get rid of one I'd go for that. I'm not sure if you're better off merging or going for skill inheritance though. If you're going for Brave Lance Effie I feel like Darting Blow would be a better A slot since that weapon drops your attack power a bit.

Ninferno

If I have a perfect Lucina, do I even want Ryoma? >.>

While Lucina and Ryoma are both good units with their own strengths in different areas, red distant counter can really come in handy when the current meta is flooded with Ninos, Bunmillas, and Julias.

Shirosaki

Neo Member
+HP -speed is pretty good. -Attack +speed is probably among the worst natures you could have gotten for Hector though so if you wanna get rid of one I'd go for that. I'm not sure if you're better off merging or going for skill inheritance though. If you're going for Brave Lance Effie I feel like Darting Blow would be a better A slot since that weapon drops your attack power a bit.

Thanks for the feedback! I figured the - attack would be the one I could use for SI. Or just say screw it and run a 4 Hector team (probably would get stomped lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom